3,471 Miles [Undergoing Editi...

By ALinihan

What would you do if you were offered an opportunity that could possible make all you're dreams come true? Wo... More

3,471 Miles
...
One- Dreams.
Two- Excuses.
Three- Bittersweet.
Four- I'm Drunk I Must Be.
Five- No Turning Back.
Six- Negotiations.
Seven- Leap Of Faith.
Eight- Up In The Clouds.
Nine- Hello New York.
Ten- Lady Susanne.
Eleven- Blinding Camera Lights.
Twelve- Back To Business.
Thirteen- Meetings Meetings Meetings.
Fourteen- Jordan.
Fifteen- Im So Done.
Sixteen- Knock At The Door.
Seventeen- Stand Up.
Nineteen- Getting To Know You.
Twenty- Make A Wish.
Twenty One- Mud Wrestling.
Twenty Two- O Romeo Romeo.
Twenty Three- A Dark Tatoo.
Twenty Four- The Big Day.
Twenty Five- Final Decisions.
Twenty Six- A Tatoo A Bucket List And A Dream Catcher.
Twenty Seven- Needles And Lanterns.
Twenty Eight- Returning.
Twenty Nine- Meet The Family.
Thirty- Party In The USA.
Thirty One- Goodbye Hello..
Thirty Two- I Picked Well.
Thirty Three- Good And Bad.
Thirty Four- Nose Bleed.
Thirty Five- Cruel World
Thirty Six- Magic And Mayhem

Eighteen- Oh No This Is Not A Date.

72 5 0
By ALinihan

It seemed to me that Logan most defiantly did deliver. I was accepted by a few people after my little charade with the song. Not everyone wanted me around, but I didn't care.

"Just so you no, I don't like you, I never have and I never will. Leave Logan alone and stay out of my way or I'll make your life hell." A short girl named Holly sneered as she stood in front of seven other girls who sneered along with her.

"Am I suppose to be scared of you and your minions?" I laughed in her face.

"Watch your back Lewis." She screamed and marched off, her group shooting me dirty looks and running after her.

That's the thing, I was fine with that. I've learnt that you can't please everyone, people are bound to dislike you, it meant your doing something right. As long as I had a few people on my side, I could deal with the rest.

Logan, I and around ten other people were now sat around a large circular red lunch table laughing and joking, talking about their life here in New York and my life back in London, earning glares from the short girl and her 7 pets from earlier who was sat at the next table. I'd learned that her name was Sophie.

'Where's your favourite place in London?" A girl named Charlie asked.

"Erm, probably Camden. It's literally the coolest place ever. Its like the home of piercings and tattoo's. Theres the best food shops and markets that sell the nicest clothes. If you ever go to London, make sure you visit Camden." I smiled, thinking about the first time Renee Harper and I went to Camden. Lets just say it was a funny day, eventful, but funny.

After more questioning from them and from me, and a list of things I needed to do in New York before I left in my hand, the lunch bell rang, signalling the end of the day, and to my surprise, I felt sad that this week was over.

Today I got everything I wanted; a few people behind me, to sit and have lunch with, to laugh and work with. Which I was pleased about. I hugged my new friends goodbye and promised I'd meet up with them all before I went home, and left to go and meet Andy.

Normally when I got outside the main building, Andy would already be waiting to drive me home, but this time it was different. He wasn't there despite me being out ten minutes later than usual, which was odd. I tried calling but I was greeted by his answer machine.

Where the hell was he? It's not like him to be late..

Just as I was really starting to worry, a pair of hand's snaked from behind my head and covered my eyes. What the?

"I called you ride home and cancelled. Thought I'd drive you home so you can spend twenty minutes thanking me and telling me what a god I am." A slightly familiar American accent said from behind me.

Logan.

Yanking his hands from my face, I turned to face him.

"We'll isn't that kind of you!" I smiled sarcastically as he started to walk in the direction of the car park.

I didn't have a ride home so I had no choice but the follow him.

We stopped at sleek truck. It was as black as night, with silver decor and a Nissan symbol sitting on the front. It was the nicest car I've ever seen.

I'd always loved big cars and dreamed of getting one like this since I passed my driving test.

"Nice car." I said as I ran my hand along the back open boot, mesmerised.

"Really? It's not really a car a chick could appreciate, I'm surprised." He asked as he scratched his head.

"That's just sexist" I frowned, "I've always wanted a big car like this. I'm in love.."

He chucked and open the passenger door gesturing for me to get in with a smile on his face.

I thanked him and slipped in, buckling up my seatbelt as he jumped in the drivers side and started the engine.

"So, did I keep my promise?" He smiled, sliding out of the college gates with ease.

I wasn't really listening to what Logan was saying, I was still in amazement with the car; the gentle pur of the engine, the heated leather seats, the chrome interior, it was truly beautiful.

"London.. RHIANNON, snap out of it!" Logan yelled, breaking my train of thoughts.

"Haha, I'm erm. Sorry." I stuttered, a sigh escaping my lips, "It's just, this car is to die for. No fair, I want one"

"Well with the scholarship your on; you could get one easy.. brat!" A slight smile tugging at his lips, his eyes still on the road.

"I'm not on a scholarship and I still don't no if I will be.." I mumbled.

Silence filled the car as Logan drove, deep in thought. He's eyebrows pulled together as he turned to face me.

"When do you go home?" He asked, looking at me as we waited at a set of lights.

"Eleven days; we only get a month here." I looked away from his gaze, thinking about how quickly our time here had gone. And I still haven't got a clue what I was going to do about the offer.

It's not like I hadn't thought about it like my dad said I would. It's all I've thought about. I just genuinely don't know what to do.

"Then I have eleven days to make up your mind for you" He grinned as he pulled up next to the red carpet that led into the hotel doors.

"What do you mean by that?" I questioned, curious.

"Well London, it means I'm going to show you the beauty of New York. I'm going to show you the real New York. Not all the touristy stuff. The places people don't no about. And by the end of it you'll be begging to stay here." He grinned he's overly confident smile as I stepped out of the car, not wanting to leave without this beautiful car, I'd drive it all the way up to my room if I could.

I sighed. "Bye Logan. And thank you, for today and the ride." I called as I shut the car door and started to walk towards the doors.

"Wait London!" He yelled, rolling down the windows.

"What?"

"Be ready by ten tomorrow. I'm picking you up." And with that, he drove off, not waiting for my protests. He infuriates me with his huge ego and suffocating confidence.

What a weird day this has been.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I swiped my card into the reader after the elevator ride and swung the front door open.

"Girls, I'm home!" I called, a big grin on my face as I thought about today.

"There's a smile on her face! This looks promising Harper!" Renee yelled as she rounded the corner, holding me at arms length and examining me from head to toe.

"No tear streaked face, no sad eyes, no frowns. I take it today went well?" Renee asked.

"Yeah it was good." I smiled as I launched into a step by step story of what today held for me.

"That's so sweet of Logan to do that!" Harper grinned.

"It was cute, but it hasn't made my head any clearer." I frowned.

"Well we still have a little bit of time left. We can go out tomorrow and see a little more of the place tomorrow if you want?" Harper asked as she sat down next to Renee and I who were sat on the comfy leather sofa's.

"Erm.. Well I actually have plans tomorrow. But Sunday we can?" I said, remembering my stupid plans with Logan tomorrow.

"Plans with who?" Renee asked, raising her eyebrows at me.

"Well, before I tell you, it's not a date and I didn't get left with a choice at all.." I said quickly.

"YOU'RE GOING OUT WITH LOGAN!" Renee yelled, jumping up out of her seat and pointing her finger at me, "I knew you fancied him!"

"Did you hear what I said or did you hit your head to many times as a kid? He didn't give me a chance to say no, and it's not even a date. So sit down you idiot." I laughed, rolling my eyes at her. I knew she would react like this.

"Do you fancy him?" Harper asked, looking at me thoughtfully.

I scoffed, "I've known him, what, a week? And I had my first conversation with him yesterday.. So no."

"She so does." Renee said, looking at me with a smug look plastered on her face.

"Before I physically hurt you, can we change the subject." I sighed.

I don't care what anyone says, tomorrow is NOT a date. I'm not here to go on dates or fall in love.. because anything that falls gets broken.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 54.5K 48
Nicola and Gabriel used to be best friends while growing up, but she had made the classic mistake of falling in love with him, which resulted in not...
116K 4.6K 24
They kissed . She forgot. They got together . She left . They meet again. Will he hate her or the love will rekindle? Whatever happens, We all know t...
4.3K 75 20
Twelve years ago, he drove away with my heart in his hands. I've moved on since then. Or so I thought. Growing up in a small town, there weren't too...
12.3K 1.9K 27
Oscar Cameron moved to South Korea at the age of sixteen. By eighteen, it has been decided that he was to go for business studies - except his grades...