Angel of Music

By LadyKnight

Juliet thought that she didn't want to love anymore. She is fine with her status as a wallflower in her schoo... More

Love is so hard to find...
Prologue
2. Confrontations
3. Heaven
4. Countdown
5. Patience is a virtue... right??
6. Just before
7. You are pretty
8. The First Song
9. We can't be just friends anymore
10. Please wait for me
11. All I want is to hold you forever
12. Don't be afraid
13. Scared and Scarred
14. Right here
15. Winning
16. Partying
17. Waking up

1. That destined meeting

1.3K 36 28
By LadyKnight

A'N: Hey readers! Before you go reading my story, I recommend watching the trailer made by @kimbasgirl. It's really cool and awesome! And the New York there beside the title is the place where it all happened (just clarifying). Hope you'll love it as much as I did. :D

___________________________________________________________________

“Hey, what are you gonna play?”

“Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson. And you?”

“We’ll be doing Mozart’s String Quartet No.1”

“Really? No way, dude!”

The whole school was buzzing with excitement. Ballads, classics, rock and any other kinds of music can be heard everywhere. With the musical tournament drawing near, it was not uncommon to hear song verses every now and then. Everyone was trying their hardest; and who wouldn’t? This was not just any tournament. Julliard representatives would come and would offer a scholarship for the most promising musician.

Walking down the hallway, Juliet Jennings sighed. She was one of those aspiring musicians. She has a great voice and can play the piano like a pro. She even composed songs that reflect herself, her moods, and her thoughts. However, even if she is like that, no one wanted her in their band. And she definitely knew why.

It was because of her looks. Her fashion style was always the same: shirts and jeans. She wasn’t ugly; in fact, she may be the prettiest in the campus. However, after experiencing such heartbreak just because of looks, she’ll never show her real beauty to anyone.

She should have worn clothes that emphasized her “hourglass” body figure, her creamy white skin, and her unusually long legs. She has straight, long, black hair that was always tied up in a ponytail. Her face would have been plain, if not for the intelligent spark of her green eyes.

Like in her previous school, Juliet was bullied and later on, considered as a non-existing student. People seemed to stare at the wall whenever they talked to her. Juliet noticed this and, even though it saddens her to have no real friends, willed herself to endure it all until college. After all, she was a senior attending at a prestigious academy, St. Rose Academy, known for its excellent standards.

“Oh my gosh! There he is!” A girl gushed, pointing at someone. The girl next to her quickly turned and nodded enthusiastically.

Juliet didn’t have to turn her head to know who she was talking about. She was certain that they saw Clarence Jimenez, the most popular guy and a music lover too. He was first known for his great voice and his way of strumming the guitar perfectly. He was handsome and smart too, which is why he became one of the heartthrobs. But even though he was popular and all that, he was still kind and down-to-earth; which is why girls fall all the more, including Juliet.

One of the modern “Seven Mysteries of The Campus” was Clarence’s lack of love-life. He always rejects every girl confessing on him, whether they are pretty or not, smaller or taller, nor younger or older. He always tells the same thing: Music is his only love, except for his family, of course.

Juliet was just content on watching him from afar. She knew she stood no chance and doesn’t want to interfere with popular. She was afraid of the pain she might experience again after falling on such traps.

“Hmm... fa-mi-fa fa-mi-fa so-so-re” Juliet whispered as she wrote down the notes. As always, Juliet was found in the music room at the fourth floor during free times. In here, she can freely play the piano because everyone was practicing below and won’t waste energy on climbing the stairs all the way up to the top floor.

‘This is fun. It’s my sacred place,’ Juliet thought. ‘Oh, my hair is all messed up. Jeez, whenever I get naughty, I open the window and that blasted wind always gets on my hair.’

Juliet thought for a second and let her hair drop as it is. Nobody will come up anyway, so she’s sure no one will know her little secret.

It’s getting hot too, she noticed. She folded her pants up to her knees and decided to change her shirt. She rummaged her bag and saw another shirt; although it is a bit body-fit . She then walked to the center of the room and sat down on the piano.

‘Let’s see if the tune is fine. I guess I’m gonna sing too, to see if it fits.’ She thought, getting her notebook and placing it on the stand.

Then, she sang as sweet and pure as her composed song.

“Ugh, where did that one go?” Simon angrily muttered.

“Bro, tell me again why we are looking for that stupid guy.” James desperately said.

“He’s our last chance. We don’t have any substitute pianist, you know. All good ones are taken.” Clarence patiently explained.

“Yeah, but still... this is annoying. He acts so proud just because he knows that.” James fumed.

“Just bear with it,” Clarence advised. He too, is becoming irritated with Greg. Searching the entire campus wasn’t the best thing he ever did. What’s worse, even with James and Simon, they still haven’t seen him and they’re now going up to the top floor too. He was pretty sure no one’s up there. Still, no harm in trying.

However, as they walked the hallway, Clarence heard the faint sound of piano and a voice so sweet and pure it made him wonder if he died and what he was hearing is an angel’s music.

“Guys, listen to that,” he said, pointing at the music room.

“Let’s come and see,” James said with a naughty smile.

They quietly walked to the room’s open window, not wanting the singer to stop if they heard the noise. They peeked at the window and were amazed at what they saw.

Clarence was surprised to see the lady singing. He was expecting to see long, flowing, white robes and even fluffy, white wings on her back. But the lady was not wearing that. She was wearing a cute black shirt that seem to enhance her creamy white complexion; and dark pants that were folded, so he can see her long, lean legs. At least he was right on one thing. She is an angel, no doubt. She has straight, long, black hair that seems so soft and silky. She has great emerald eyes, which sparkles with gentleness and maturity. Her lips were pink and subtle, and he thought that it will taste like heaven…

All these paled in comparison with her voice. She really is angelic as she sings a song which he never knew. He guessed, noting the notebook in front of her, that it was her own composition and he admired her even more.

“I’m doing it again,

Putting on a mask

And there I hide

Waiting for someone to pull it away”

Clarence thought on how honest her song was. Her music was like a window to her soul, and he could sense loneliness deep inside her.

“I thought it was you,

You pulled me out of the blue,

Then I realized it’s just a dream

‘Coz things are not the way it seems”

‘What a sad person’ he thought. And at that time, Clarence wished that he could help her the best way he could.

“She is much better than Greg,” Simon said, distracting him from his thoughts.

“She’s much prettier than Greg,” James said mischievously.

Clarence poked him in the head and said truthfully, “You already have a girlfriend, though I agree on both of you,” then he noticed the sly grin on their faces. “Cut it out. Guys, you think she’s already in some band?”

“Of course Ms. Angel is a part of a band somewhere,” James said. Clarence raised one eyebrow when he heard ‘Ms. Angel’.

“What?” James asked. “Come on, she looks and sings like an angel.”

Clarence nodded and was about to reply when the door finally burst open.

They both jumped at the sight. They haven’t noticed that their voices grew loud enough to catch the attention of the girl.

“Oh,” the girl whispered, not low enough that he heard it.

All his worries disappeared as Clarence saw her whole face. She was indeed very pretty, more so now that he was closer.

‘She has the perfect face,’ Clarence thought; sparkling eyes, long lashes, cute nose, and tender lips.

He noticed that her eyebrows were raised and confusion in her eyes. Was it possible that she hadn’t heard they’re conversation?

He saw her blush and at that moment, Clarence could only think, “Whoa, dazzling...”

Before Clarence could ask, the girl suddenly ran and he was left there, staring at her long beautiful hair.

Later on, it was a common topic of the rumors that Clarence fell in love. Everybody could see when he would sometimes hang out at the class window, and gaze tenderly at the serviceberry tree at the school’s yard, and when he seems out of sorts. And when they question his two best friends, they would just grin and say, “We saw an angel.”

Everyone was so intrigued of that “angel”. Whoever she was, it was clear that she caught the heart of the famous music lover. Juliet was also intrigued when she learned of that rumor. She thought of how beautiful the girl was that Clarence fell in love with her. She blushed and remembered when she saw Clarence and his buddies at the music room.

She had just finished the chorus when she thought she heard indistinct voices. She glanced around and noticed the hairs of three boys in the window. She curiously went out and checked the guys.

“Oh,” was all that Juliet said when she realized that it was Clarence who saw her, and probably heard her too. Then things rushed into her mind.

This means that Clarence saw her play the piano and sings that song that she composed when she thought of Joe. Then, then…

She felt heat evading her cheeks and knew she was blushing. She ran off so that he won’t notice how she blushes. She was panting at the corner when she realized she hadn’t taken her things with her. She sneakily peeked back and saw that they were heading back. She watched for a while and sighed when she saw them go down the stairs. She ran to the room, hurriedly took her things, and left.

“Juliet?”

She shook out of her own reverie when someone called her.

Shocked, Juliet turned and saw a nice-looking girl hesitating to approach her. She felt a warm glow deep inside her, knowing that, at last, someone finally had the courage to befriend her. She tentatively smiled.

The girl took that as an encouragement and sat down happily at the vacant seat next to Juliet.

“You’re Juliet Jennings, right?” the girl said. “I’m Ellie Legazpi.” The girl extended her hand. “Let’s be friends, all right?”

Juliet smiled and quickly took the hand. She felt truly happy for having a new friend for such a long time.

“You know, I’ve always noticed you before. You just seem so lonely and sad. Then I saw that nobody approaches you and you’re so shy. So I decided to befriend you and know you better. Isn’t that great?” Ellie smiled.

Juliet listened as Ellie continued on and made observations of her own regarding the new girl in her side. She seems bubbly and nice. She had long, wavy dark hair, sparkling brown eyes and an athletic slim body. She wore a girly-girl outfit: a cute tee and pink skirt.

“I know what it feels like to be an ‘outcast’” Ellie whispered.

Confused, Juliet asked why.

“I’ve been discriminated at my former school too. I was teased because I’ve been wearing the same outfit as you: T-shirts and jeans. They thought I was so nerdy so they bullied me. I thought it will never stop. Then my family transferred here and I decided to change my fashion style. That’s why; I think you need a make-over!” She grinned happily.

“Absolutely no way!” Juliet yelled and stood from her chair. People nearby curiously stared at her and some boys were smirking. Embarrassed, Juliet sat down.

“What the heck did you just did?” Ellie asked and giggled.

“Don’t laugh!”

“But I can’t stop.” And Ellie laughed on.

After a while, Ellie finally stopped and looked at Juliet. She was still blushing. “You look cute, Julie.” She said. “Oh yeah. I wanna call you Julie. That ok?”

 “Fine. Whatever you want.”

“Yay! So, when will our shopping come?

“Still no way! I already like the way I am. I don’t care what others might think. So, thank you, but never mind your—”

“Aw, come on!” Ellie added then with a grin, “You’ll surprise Clarence if you changed, I promise.”

“What?” she stopped and stared at her.

“Aha! I knew you like him!” Ellie triumphantly said.

“Of course not. You just took me by surprise.”

“I can see through your lie. Come on, ‘fess up!”

“Fine, fine. Yeah I like Clarence. So what? The whole school likes him.”

“Still, it’s funny that you like him.”

“Why? And don’t you like him too?”

“Nope, because I have a boyfriend and he’s better than Clarence.” Ellie said, her eyes sparkling.

“Really? Who?”

“You know, Clarence’s best friend. James. James Scott. Remember him now? The one with brown hair that’s always in gel, wears totally cool clothes, and has dreamy blue eyes that are always smiling.” Ellie happily said.

“Ellie, you’re so cute.” Juliet babbled without thinking. She just blurted out when she saw how Ellie blushed when talking about her boyfriend.

“What— oh. Thanks.” Ellie smiled.

Juliet thought of how good it feels to finally have a friend.

“Good morning, Julie,” Ellie greeted.

“Hey. Morning, Ellie,” Juliet looked up and smiled. “Cute outfit,” she said, pointing at Ellie’s baby pink top and lavender skirt.

“Thanks. I’ve decided to do my best to make you change your mind.” Ellie said with a grin.

“No way am I going to wear that silly outfit,” Juliet said, laughing.

“Hey... I’ve heard Clarence is gonna be in our section. How exciting is that?” Ellie sat on the chair next to her and smiled.

“And so?” She raised one of her eyebrows.

“And so, this is the time for him to get to know you! Isn’t that great?”

“Hello, Ellie? How many chances in one million will he ever notice me? Zero. Of course he’ll look at you, or maybe at Jody Stevenson.”

“Stop being so pessimistic, Julie. I swear I will enroll you on a personality development class. If only I could find one… But, going back, just use this opportunity for him just to notice you, and maybe you two can be friends.  I swear, I’ll stop when you two become friends, though I won’t mind if you’ll become, you know..” Ellie giggled.

 “Seriously, Ellie? Isn’t that a bit far-fetched?” Juliet smiled.

Ellie pouted. “Hey, we’re improving. At least James and Simon already know about you, remember?”

Juliet rolled her eyes. She clearly remembered that day when Ellie introduced her to her boyfriend. It was near the end of semester, when James stopped by their classroom. Clarence, James and Simon were in the classroom next to theirs, studying Physics, when James decided to visit Ellie. Juliet was, at first, nervous when she thought that she’ll meet Clarence. Apparently, Clarence stayed behind because there was someone, maybe a girl, which called and talked to him.

 In the end, Ellie introduced her to James and Simon, who smiled and greeted her. Juliet can’t help but say a remark about them, which made them think of her as cool. From then on, they joked around her and treated her nicely. A few people finally noticed her and befriended her. It was a nice experience, but Juliet thought that it came too fast for her.

Suddenly, the door opened and Clarence came in, together with James and Simon. James noticed Ellie and grinned at her. Simon tapped Clarence upon the shoulder and pointed at them. Clarence looked at them and smiled. The three walked slowly towards them, usually distracted by a few students calling them.

Juliet felt like her chest is bursting. “Ellie, what do I do?” She whispered.

“Relax. It’s just them. Finally, you get the chance of talking to him.” Ellie whispered back excitedly.

“But Ellie, this is just—“Her voice sounds like she’s panicking.

“Hush. They’re here. Why don’t you try acting cool and composed?” Ellie whispered.

Juliet’s eyes grew wide when the three approached. Then, she breathed deeply and tried to compose herself. It worked, if looking upon the outer. Inside, she felt like her stomach has butterflies trying to escape.

“Hey, Juliet” James said, nodding at her. “Hey, babe,” leaning to Ellie.

Ellie moved away. “That’s gross, James. I told you not to call me that, “ she said, looking irritated.

James laughed. “I was just teasing you.”

Juliet smiled, although she still can’t look at Clarence directly.

“Oh, I almost forgot. You two have met Juliet, but Clarence hasn’t met her right? Uhm, Clarence, this is my best friend, Juliet. Juliet, you know him, right?” Ellie smiled.

Juliet inwardly groaned. Mustering all her courage, she looked up, extended her hand and looked directly at Clarence’s hazel eyes.

Clarence felt like he was looking at someone he should remember. As he was staring at those deep green eyes, he wondered where he saw them.

“Hi,” Juliet said, her voice sounding sweet.

That voice, can it possibly be… he thought. Then, remembering Juliet’s outstretched hand, he took it. It felt soft and warm.

“Hi. Have we met before?” he asked, intrigued.

He saw something flashed on her eyes but later on, what he saw was confusion. Maybe  just my imagination, he thought, referring to that “something”.

“I don’t think so. This is the first time we met,” she smiled.

“But I swear I remember seeing you,”  Then, his memory of Ms. Angel flashed. He remembered seeing her blushing face. Nah, it can’t be her. I have to stop thinking about Miss Angel all the time, he thought, shaking his head slightly.

“Hey, are you ok, bro?” Simon asked.

Clarence looked at him with confused eyes. “Yeah, why?”

“You look like you don’t want to let go of Julie’s hand. You’ve been holding it for a while now, you know.” Simon replied with a laugh. James and Ellie joined in, while Juliet blushed. Clarence stared at her, clearly remembering how ‘Ms. Angel’ blushed back then.

He let go of her hand. That blush... How many times had he replayed that particular scene in his mind?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 0 23
She was a shy naive girl when everyone first met her or so they thought. After that first day of school they start to notice that she's different the...
128 2 9
A boy named Nick meets a girl, her name was Celest. As Celest gets in major trouble, her entire school schedule gets changed. Coincidentally, she got...
3.7K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
1.2M 11.6K 48
What happens when a small town girl from America moves to a private school in London? Follow Juliet Rowling as she experiences love, finds out who s...