My soul is bound to you....

By LeenaBhadra

I am in love.....what starts at 16 will end soon.....somethings are hard.....its harder to move on.......will... More

The unexpected question
The patch up
The freeing morning...
Trying to look my best.....
The dance...

My heart is broken....

35 3 0
By LeenaBhadra

Its Monday morning, back to work. It feels pathetic. I work for Cern, the European organisation for Nuclear Research. It is the world's largest and most respected centres for scientific research. But I have no peace of mind. I have overworked. I do this on purpose. I can't sleep if I am not tired. When I am tired I don't think of Mayank anymore. Its been ten years. But I still remember our group outing at City Centre. The events of that day keep playing in my mind, probably because it taught me the lesson of my life-never to love anyone again. Love hurts, it always has.
That day was perfect for a outing. I got up late that day. I hadn't slept last night. My thoughts were totally occupied by Mayank. When I woke up it was already half past ten. I hurried into the bathroom and freshened up. Ma made me french toast for breakfast. When the clock stuck 11, my happiness knew no bounds. I put on my new yellow shirt and my narrow jeans. Instead of braiding my hair I decided to make a ponytail. I kept my hair open and asked Baba to give me some money.
While I was putting on my wedges Mayank called me to know where I was. I told him that I was on my way. When I reached City Centre, I rang him up to tell him that I was standing in front of Inox. He told me to stand there and wait. I waited for half an hour but he didn't come. I rang him again. This time a girl picked up. She said that she was Mayank's girlfriend and that he won't go to City Centre. I begged her to let me talk with him. But she refused. I then understood who she was, she was the girl from QMS, Priyanka. Everyone was right. Mayank was a liar. He never told me about her even though I asked him a million times. I was heartbroken. I felt my throat becoming tight. I wanted to scream out of frustation but I didn't. I was just about to leave when I saw my friends approaching me. I wiped up my tears. I tried to smile as best as I could. We all went to Hangout for lunch. They all talked but I couldn't say a word. I just remained silent. Kritika amd Siddarth were laughing amd joking among themselves. Seeing them I felt a sudden pain in my chest. I had left from there without telling them anything. I had cried too much that day.
As I combed my hair I again felt the same emotions again which I had felt ten years ago. Suddenly my phone rang. It was Harry. Harry and I were collegues. We were working together on maintaining antihydrogen for more than 15 minutes. Harry's voice always cheered me up. I jerked off my thoughts and picked up the phone.
"Hi. We have a meeting in ten minutes. Sonia, hurry up," Harry said nervously.
"Yeah on my way babe." i tried to sound cheerful. I disconnected the call and ran to the garage. It is going to be another hectic day.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.1M 656K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...
1M 22.6K 48
Luciana Roman was blamed for her mother's death at the age of four by her family. She was called a murderer until she was shipped onto a plane for Ne...
47.3K 3.1K 26
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
1.1M 62.6K 40
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...