Blind in a Way (Frerard)

By angeleyes-demonsoul

"Only douche bags wear sunglasses inside." "If I knew what one looked like, I might agree." More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Forty
Final Note

Thirty Nine

9.9K 748 1.4K
By angeleyes-demonsoul

~Frank's POV~

Gerard held his arms tightly around my neck as I gave him a piggyback ride back to my dorm. His head was rested against my neck and his breathing was slow and even.

We had just come from dinner with his mother, Mikey, and Pete. Sadly, he wasn't able to see it. The doctors said that if it would work, it may take a few days.

"Mmm, Frankie?" Gerard mumbled, nuzzling his face closer to my neck as a breeze whipped around us.

"Yes, Gerard?" I asked, continuing to walk across campus.

"I'm tired..."

"It's only ten." I laughed, walking up to the doorway that lead into the dorms.

"I'm still fucking tired." Gerard pouted quietly.

"Almost home." I smiled, pulling the door open and continuing down the hall.

Gerard hummed softly as I walked. It was a soft tune that felt strangely familiar. I listened happily, walking in sync to the rhythm.

"Isn't giving me a piggyback ride a pain?" Gerard asked tiredly.

"I can manage." I laughed, rounding a corner. Gerard just pressed a kiss to my neck.

When we got to the room, it was dark and empty. Ray must of been out partying or something. I kicked the door shut with my foot and carried Gerard over to the bed.

"Alright, lazy, get off." I teased, leaning Gerard down onto the bed. Gerard just cuddled up to one of my pillows instead, making me roll my eyes as I kicked my shoes off.

"Hurry up, Frankie." Gerard pouted, pulling his dark shades from his face. "I wanna get comfy."

"Working on it!" I laughed, grabbing the glasses from his hand and putting them on the small table near my bed. I yawned as I finished stripping down to my boxers and crawled onto the bed.

Gerard blinked tiredly as I crawled next to him. I smiled, reaching out to push some hair out of his face.

"C'mon..." He pouted, swiping lazily at my hand. "I wanna sleep."

"No fun." I grinned before adjusting down into the grooves of the mattress and wrapping my arms around Gerard. "Better?" I yawned.

"Much." Gerard sighed, contently.

It grew quiet between us. I figured Gerard was just beginning to drift to sleep, because that's where I was heading as well. I felt on the brink of dreams when Gerard started hitting the bed frantically.

"What are you doing, you maniac?" I mumbled, scrunching my eyes tightly.

"Frank!?"

I opened my eyes at Gerard's tone. He sounded freaked out. I pushed myself up, trying to rub sleep from my eyes.

"Gerard? What's wrong? Bad dream?"

"No!" Gerard pushed himself up, rubbing his own eyes. "Frank, turn on the lights."

"What difference would that make?" I asked in sleep laced confusion.

"Frank, I think the thing may have worked..." Gerard whispered, blinking rapidly.

I quickly leaned over, clicking the small light at my bedside. Gerard was still blinking, confusion laced in his features.

"It... It's not dark..." He whispered, "There's light... Fuzzy light..." His milky eyes grew wide.

"Gerard?" I reached out and put a hand on his arm. He turned and an expression of awe crossed over his face.

"Frank... I-I think I can see you." He whispered, covering his mouth with his hand.

~Gerard's POV~

Everything was fuzzy, but it wasn't dark.

I could see light.

This didn't feel possible. It had been so long, how was I really able to see again?

"Gerard?" Frank's voice questioned, concerningly. His hand reached out to hold my arm, making me turn to him with a small gasp.

It was fuzzy and blurry, but there was an outline of a person in front of me. His skin was light, with several accents of color everywhere. His hair was dark, almost as black as my world until this moment.

"Frank... I-I think I can see you..." I whispered, covering my mouth with my hand, feeling like I could break down and cry. It wasn't clear, but he was there.

"No... No fucking way..." The figure in front of me was shaking his head.

I nodded. "You're shaking your head. You... You have dark hair, just like it was described. Your skin has blobs of colors I haven't been able to see in..." I let out a quiet sob, looking over the blurry figure in front of me. "Why won't you come into focus?.."

"Oh my god..." Frank gasped, "Gerard..."

"You're very pretty for just a blurry face." I laughed through my tears, "I can't believe..."

"You can really see..." Frank whispered, "You can really see, oh my god."

I leaned forward, reaching out to hug the fuzzy figure that was Frank tightly. I didn't need guidance to do it. Nor did I need to wait for him to hold me first. He was there, just a blur.

"I love you so much..." I cried softly as I felt him hold me tightly back, his figure shaking slightly. "I can finally kind of see the guy I love..."

"I can't fucking believe this." Frank laughed, "This can't be real..."

I pulled away from Frank and began to take in his fuzzy features again. His hair was short, and there was color on the sides of his head. I laughed, reaching out to feel it. "Red..." I commented quietly.

Frank's fuzzy figure laughed with a nod, making me laugh in return.

"Oh my, Frank, you're Frank..." I smiled, sliding my hands down from his hair to feel his features. I had done it before, but it was a different experience to see what I was feeling.

"I am." He nodded again, "How clear is your vision, right now?"

"Fuzzy, at best." I said, shaking my head. "But not dark. Frank, I can see through the dark I've been in for all that time..."

Frank laughed, leaning forward and kissing me. I happily accepted his lips against mine. He was just filled with so much joy, possibly even more than I felt. I actually saw the man I had been sticking by for so long.

He pulled away, tapping my arm. "We've gotta call your mom... And your brother! It actually worked, it's unreal..." He turned away from me and, from what I assumed, began digging for his phone.

I blinked more, trying to make the blurriness fade from my vision. I wanted a clear photo of my sunset in my mind. I just wanted a quick snapshot of Frank.

As I blinked, the fuzziness only got worse.

"Mama Way! I know it's late, I'm sorry-" Frank was excitedly speaking over the phone as my vision got worse.

"Frank?" I called out to him, feeling myself begin to panic. This wasn't right. This shouldn't be happening.

"He actually saw! I'm telling you!" His fuzzy figure turned back to me, "Gerard? What's wrong?"

Even as I looked at him, he was fading from my sight.

"Frankie, don't go!" I cried out, reaching for his fuzzy, fading figure.

"I'm not going anywhere!" Frank insisted, "What's wrong? Gerard?"

I cried out as he became more and more swallowed by the darkness resurrounding my vision. I never even got a good look at him. I never even saw a clear picture.

"I can't see..." I cried, holding tightly to Frank. "I can't fucking see anymore..." I leaned forward, falling against Frank's shoulder. I blinked desperately, trying to make the light come back. "Frankie, it's gone..." I shut my eyes tightly, beginning to break down against him. "You're gone..."

I felt his arms wrap around me. "We're taking you to the Hospital, right now." He told me, "Let's go. Miss Way? Yes, we're on our way to it, now."

I just shook my head against Frank's shoulder. Why did it have to go wrong?..

---
A/N~ sorry the update is so late, I have no internet at my house to update rn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

351 90 35
{DISCLAIMER: This was originally posted on my Lemon-Lays account, so don't call me out for copyright. This is all my original work, don't send it to...
26.2K 651 28
Another Frerard story, trigger fuckin warning my dudes
23.7K 417 11
Fluff/Smut filled adventures with Frerard.
22.4K 279 84
Title says it all