Skinny Love (Luke Hemmings)

By CluelessLover

Reina is an only child that moved to London from Ireland with her mum. After Reina's mother's bad past with R... More

Skinny Love (Luke Hemmings)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chaper 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
End Authors Note
Starting New
Prequel
Sequel
Twitter Page
New Luke Fic

Chapter 10

79.5K 1.9K 2.5K
By CluelessLover

I sat in the car listening to my music and thinking. Calum and his dad left this morning and he gave me his number to text him.  It wasn't as awkward that morning as I thought it'd be after the kiss and him saying that he was interested in me. He wanted to sneak out for a few minutes and give me one last goodbye. What if things actually happen between our parents and we do become siblings? I don't know. I don't want to think about it, right now.

"There he is." I say.

I'm getting so nervous. My heart races as I see my father walk toward the car with his luggage. I open my door and climb out of the car before straightening my top and hair. I went around to the side of the car and there stood my dad. Little bits of silver touced his golden strawberry blonde hair and the gruff unshaven look wore on his face.

"Reina, look at you." he says, dropping his bags. I run into his open arms and hold him tight. It had been so long. "Last time I hugged you, your head didn't even reach my waist. You're so beautiful." he says. I laugh and smile. I hadn't been called beautiful much and to know that my own dad thinks that I'm beautiful was something that couldn't be replaced by any boy.

"I've missed you. There's so much to tell you." Then, I remember Mum in the car. "Oh, and she's in the car." she hasn't even gotten out of the car. I pick up his bags and put them in the trunk before climbing into the back seat. Dad gets in on the passenger side.

"Skye." he nods toward her. "How have you been, sweetheart?" he asks.

"Just fine, Fredrick. And you?" her jaw clenched. She's acting like a...well, a bitch.

"I'm feeling wonderful, now. Reina is gorgeous, isn't she? She favors her mother." he asks, winking at me.

"Don't let her get a big head. No one is perfect, Fredrick." she snaps. I hated the way she was talking to him. I hope this visit gets better. Maybe he can sort things out with her.

"Right. No one is." he knows its best not to argue. My dad was smarter than I thought, but of course, he did live with my mother for years.

The drive home is so quiet and you can feel the tension between them. This was the longest car ride ever and I felt like I could jump out of the car. Well, not really. That's a bit much. We finally get home and Luke is mowing the lawn and he's...not wearing a shirt. Oh brother. Mum's gonna love this. She parks the car in the driveway and we all get out. Luke is done mowing and looks over to where we are.

My father waves at him and he waves back. "Is that him?" he whispers to me. I nod. "Young man! Won't you come here." he says to Luke. Oh goodness, please don't embarrass me. He walks over to us and he had to be shirtless. Good lord.

"I'm Freddie. Reina's father. She's told me about you." he says, shaking his hand.

"Same with you, sir." he laughs. "I'm Luke. It's nice to meet you. Your daughter is...really something special." he says, unaware that my mum is standing behind the car, probably listening to what's going on.

"She is, isn't she?" he says, pulling me into his side. "Well, It's nice to meet you, Luke and I hopefully will be seeing you in the future." he nods to Luke and we walk into the house.

"I'll get my bags later." he says, walking into the family room. "Ah! This is very nice, Skye. It's quite homey." he states.

She ignores him and walks into the kitchen. "She doesn't like you talking to Luke. She's probably pissed at both of us, now." I whisper. He shrugs.

"Oops." he says. "Your room is upstairs all the way at the end of the hall. You'll see it." I said to him. He left me to go get his bags and went up the stairs to his room. I didn't want to have a 'talk' with Mum so I went up to talk to my dad.

I get to the top of the stairs and his door is open. I knock on the door frame and he turns toward me "Come in." he says.

I walk in and sit on the bed. "So when are you going to talk to her?" I say.

"Woah, slow down. I just got in the front door." he laughs. I was a bit impatient, but I wanted someone to deal with her and I didn't want to have to do it. If I did, I'd probably say stuff that would get me grounded for life, if I wasn't already.

"I'm sorry. I just haven't even really talked to her because I'm afraid of what she'll do to me." I say, honestly. Dad pulls me into his arms. "Don't worry about that. I'm here now." he says and kisses my head.

I get up feeling better and walk into my own room.  I missed school today so that we could make sure that Calum and Mr. Hood got out of the house safely, and go to pick up Dad. I was so done with school and it was only the fall. I hated everything  about it except being able to see Luke and not have to worry about mother's busting your ass. What I've noticed as I was finding out stuff about my mother, is that my attitude has changed. I swear a lot more than I ever did and I am hating school and hating being with her. I just want to be by myself.

My life was getting crazier everyday, and it all sparked when that boy moved in next door...

_____

Pink, pink, pink

The tapping against my window is something I'm used to now. I open it and drop the rope down as if it's a normal entrance to my bedroom. Luke climbs in and I tell him about how my mum acted toward my dad and how he said he'd talk to her.

"Have you thought anymore about us...leaving?" he isn't hesitant to ask. It has been on his brain for a while and I can tell. I sigh.

"Yes, I'm still not sure. I'll see if my dad can talk her into anything. Maybe at least letting me see you and it not be a secret." I whisper. It seems the only way I can talk to him is in a whisper. That's how I remember his voice. As a whisper.

He gets in bed with me. "What if...we got married?" he asks, out of the blue. I almost bolt out of bed.

"Uh...what if? That's crazy. We're too young." I state. He shakes his head. "Not really. I'm seventeen and you're sixteen. Mary was fourteen when she had Baby Jesus." he says. I laugh at him.

"Yeah, well Mary was having God's child. That kid was perfect. Probably the easiest baby ever." I say.

"I didn't say have kids. I said, get married." he replies. "Kids can come later."

"Ok, whatever. What if we did get married?" I repeat his question to me.

"I'd be the happiest man alive." He turns his head toward me and looks into my eyes and then glances at my lips. He scoots closer. "Well, lying here with you...I already am." he says. I feel myself melting as he kisses my lips.

Suddenly, the door swings open. Oh my-

"Reina Adrielle Moritz." my mums stern voice rings through my room. I wish I could sink into the ground. "Get the fuck out of my house, Lucas Hemmings! I'm calling your parents!" she yells. He gets out of my bed quickly and he climbs out the window. A part of me breaks nowing that he gave up so easily and won't be there to help me fight.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" she asks me getting close to me with hands on her hips. I have never heard her swear before. It's so foreign to me.

"I was lying down with him. Nothing between us!" I spit.

"I know exactly what you were doing, Reina." she says.

"You don't know shit." I swear. She looks taken back and my use of words. I go to leave but Dad walks into my bedroom. Great. Let's just throw a party, shall we?

"What is going on here?" he asks, looking at both of us, tears falling down my face.

"I just caught your daughter in bed with that neighbor boy." she says. 

"Reina?" he looks confused.

"Mum! It's not like that, Dad. I wasn't doing anything! I swear! We were just talking." I say. I'm almost begging for him to believe me.

"Reina, I think you should go to sleep." he says, then walks over to the window and locks it. "Do not open this. I'll set the alarm so if it does, I can hear it." he says. Why was he on her side?

"Why? You don't even trust me." I say.

"Go to bed, Reina!" he says, louder than I expected. I climb into bed and my parents leave my room. I hate this. I hate this so much. I curl up in a ball and let the tears fall freely. I didn't care.

_____

I wake up in the morning hoping it will be all over. I walk down the stairs, not talking or even looking at my parents. I just grab the box of Poptarts and start to go upstairs again.

"Come back here." my mum says. I turn around.

"Reina, we have agreed to something." Dad swallows and looks at my mum to finish.

"You're going to live with your father in America."

A/N

OMGGGG CLIFFHANGER! SOOOO yeah I planned this for a while so how do you like it? Reina's dad is on Skye's side! ugggh! btw Freddie is played by Ewan Mcgreggor! For those of you who don'tknow who he is, he's Obi Wan Kenobi in Starwars and the Princess' bodyguard thing in Jack the Giant Slayer.

So guys please please please leave feedback and vote please!

FOLLOW ME TOOO!

LOVE LOVE LOVE

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 5.3K 40
in which alex aionos little sister decided to join 4ou and starts falling for Ethan Dolan. [ currently editing! ]
1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
109K 3.5K 27
Christina Greenwell's entire world had turned upside down the day five certain boys walked into her life. Her life spun yet again the day they walked...
5.1M 194K 45
[COMPLETED] "Why do you always stare at me?" "B-Because You're B-Beau-tiful." Violet was the shy girl Harry loved to draw. Harry was...