Popular Meets Unpopular

By danceforever456

Julianne Banks is captain of the cheerleading team and the most popular girl in school. So, when the coach o... More

Great Day-1
Tutor-2
You Talk A Lot-3
Not Nice-4
New People-5
New Friend-6
Amends-7
Strange-8
Talking It Out-9
Concern-10
Surprised-11
Party Hardy-13
Words-14
Telling-15
Night Out-16
Seems Crazy-17
Back When-18
Issues-19
Shock-20
Tension-21
Time to Plan-22
Help-23
Boys-24
Decide-25
Competition-26
Birthday Pt. 1-27
Birthday Pt. 2-28
Say It-29
The Call-30
Selfish-31
Fix You-32
Epilogue

Only Trouble-12

5.2K 151 30
By danceforever456

It has been one month since Brett and I have broken up and surprisingly he hasn't tried to talk to me and I'm glad.

My dad told mom about Brett cheating on me and she threatened to have him thrown in jail but of course I had to throw reality in her face and tell her that it's literally impossible for someone to go to jail for cheating.

Sarah hasn't tried to speak to me and I haven't spoken to Amber since either, which I don't know why she's not speaking to me because I don't have a problem with her but whatever.

I was sitting at the lunch table I've been sitting at for the past month, which was with Grant and his friends- oh, I meant my friends. They have been very nice to me since I've been sitting at this table but there is one thing I can admit and as much as I hate to say this it's true. But my friends now are way different from the friends I've been used to having. Most of the time, I try to forget that we are apart of a different social group but it's kind of hard when you have so many people doing classwork at the lunch table.

Usually when I was sitting at the 'popular table' I would hear about the next gossip going around the school or the football players would be throwing food at each other. But at this table things are more settled down. I mean, I actually like it because I don't have to worry about food getting down my shirt. Sometimes life throws changes at you and you just have to take it.

"...party this weekend. I really want to go." I hear Kane say.

I perk up. "What? What about a party?"

He turns his attention to me. "There's a party at this dude named Trevor's house and I want to go. Wanna tag along?"

I slumped. "That's one of Brett's friend."

Robin put her hand up. "I tried to tell him."

He rolled his eyes. "So, what?"

"So," I pressed on. "they're friends. That means Brett's gonna be there."

"Again, I say, so what?" he argues. "Just go to have a good time and get drunk, while you're at it."

That did sound very tempting. I did want to get drunk to just forget about what all happened this past month but I also hated myself drunk. Because sometimes I was a fun drunk and then sometimes I was an emotional drunk and knowing what has happened to me this past month there's no doubt I would be an emotional drunk this time.

I shook my head. "I don't know..."

He folded his hands into a begging way. "Please? For me? I haven't been to one party yet since I've moved here and I live for parties."

"That doesn't sound healthy." Grant speaks up.

Suddenly, him talking made me become more aware of him sitting next to me like it's been happening for the past month.

He shrugged. "They're fun. And what about you? You wanna come?"

Grant suddenly got uncomfortable and Dave and Felicity actually started to laugh. Even Amelia started to chuckle to herself a little.

I looked at them funny. "What's funny?"

Dave put his hand on his stomach trying to control his laughter. "It's just...K-kane asked Grant to go to a...party!"

At that it made Dave and Felicity laugh even harder.

I looked back at Grant for an explanation and he just got even more uncomfortable.

I raised my eyebrows. "Well?"

He rubbed his left elbow with his right hand. "I don't go to parties."

I narrowed my eyes. "You don't go or you've never been?"

"Both." he mumbled.

I shrugged, not surprised at all.

Robin rolled her eyes. "Trust me, you're not missing out on anything."

"What about you, ladybug?" Kane says, nudging Amelia's shoulder.

Lately, he's been more interested in her more than usual. I didn't know whether to find it cute or creepy.

She blushed, pushing her glasses up her face. "N-no, I don't go to parties either."

"Well, why don't I take you to your first one?"

I butted in. "I don't think a party would be a good first date."

His head snapped towards me with a blush creeping onto his face. "What? Who said anything about a date? It wouldn't be a date. Why would you think that? Why?"

A small smirk appeared on my face. "Calm down, Romeo, I was only kidding."

He glared at me. "Don't joke like that."

As he said this, the small smile that was on Amelia face started to disappear and a look of hurt flashed across her face.

Kane finally realized what he said and quickly turned to her. "Oh, wait. I didn't mean it like tha--"

She stood up quicker than I seen anyone stand up. "I have to go to the restroom real quick."

She took her tray and her book bag and dumped her tray in the trash can.

Kane didn't waste any time going after her after throwing me a threatening look. I mouthed a sorry to him because I didn't mean for that to happen.

Robin cleared her throat. "Anyways..so, about this party. Are you going?"

I shrugged. "Are you?"

She gave me a 'are you serious' look. "Is that even a real question? Of course not!"

"You don't go to parties?" Dave asked her, surprised.

She shook her head. "No. Why do you sound surprised?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe because you and Julianne are best friends so, I would assume that you guys would go together."

I rolled my eyes. "Trust me, I've tried to get her to come to one but she hates them so there's really no point anymore."

"What about you guys?" Robin asked Felicity and Dave.

They both widened their eyes and said at the same time, "Us?"

She nodded.

Dave shook his head but Felicity shrugged.

"I mean, I've thought about going to a party before but I don't know if I would fit in great." Felicity answered, unsure.

Dave continued to shake his head. "Nope, I don't want to go. Never thought of it either."

Grant leaned down and whispered in my ear, "He's lying, by the way."

Without thinking my body seemed to move closer to his when he whispered in my ear. His voice was deeper when he spoke in a low tone and it pulled me in.

I hurriedly pulled away, trying not to look like I was affected by his voice.

I gave a nervous laugh. "O-oh haha."

Robin raised her eyebrows. "You okay there, Jules?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped my forehead because it started to get hot in here and it felt like I was sweating. "Yeah."

The bell rang and I was forever grateful. I hurriedly stood up and grabbed my lunch, for some reason needing to get away from Grant. But luck wasn't on my side today.

I felt a hand grab my shoulder and goosebumps seemed to fill my entire body. "Hey, Julianne, are you okay?"

I closed my eyes shut, freaking out at the way he said my name. Oh god, what's happening? What is this?

I opened my eyes and turned around to him, not looking into his eyes but at his ear. "Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a little...fresh air."

He tried to catch my eyes but I quickly looked away. "Then why aren't you looking at me? Did I do something wrong?"

I sighed and looked at him in his eyes. Strange butterflies erupted in my stomach at the sight of him. "No, of course not."

"Is it something else then?"

I shook my head. "I don't know."

He told me if I ever needed anything to just call him and then he walked off to his class. I watched him walk away, confusion filling my body because I was confused on these feelings I was having for him.

_______

I was walking down the hallway trying to find Grant because I wanted to see what he was doing this weekend. I know I was digging myself a deeper hole by asking him to hang with me this weekend but to be honest, I didn't care. Maybe I just needed to hang out with him more to figure out what these feelings were.

I saw him by his locker, stuffing things in there. I was about to approach him when a very pretty brown haired girl did instead. He seemed startled by her at first and then a smile stretched on his face. She was clutching his arm and speaking fast, with a wide smile on her face. I guess she said something surprising because Grant's eyes widened and he gave her a big hug and she hugged him back, tightly.

The whole time I was watching them my stomach seemed to drop and something coursed through me like a fireball. Was that jealousy? No, no it couldn't be. But I'm curious, why is he hugging her like that? Why is she hugging him like that? He said he didn't have a girlfriend. But he said that last month, a lot can happen in a month...

I turned away from them, clenching my jaw to get my emotions under control. I don't know why I was feeling this way. But now I've finally made my decision.

I walked through the hall trying to find Kane. He was walking towards the exit looking down at his phone.

I caught him before he could leave. "Hey, Kane."

He gave a closed-mouth smile. "What's up?"

"You still on for that party?"

A/N:

Oh gosh...what do you thinks gonna happen at the party?

Vote and comment :)))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...
8.8M 355K 58
Meet Alyssa Bent, she's a nerd. But not your typical one. She likes to read, but her world doesn't totally revolve around books. She's not shy nor do...
5.6K 359 41
"𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐛𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐥𝐞𝐬" ••• Julianne Crystal Grey is just your average teenage...
292 67 20
7th grader, Juliet Goodyear can't wait for school to start! New friends, new teachers, voice lessons, and a whole new year! Juliet's reputation wasn'...