Heart Of Darkness >> Te...

By writtergirl2

Anna Hale is back and ready for some sort of normalcy in her life, while fighting off whatever comes to the b... More

Preface
Anna Hates High School
Derek Does Not Approve
Anna's Social Life
Uncle Peter And Little Annie Making Bets
The Hunter and The Hunted
Stiles And His Virginal Problems
Barely Breathing
Not Going Down Without A Fight
Twisting The Knife Into An Already Bleeding Heart
Fixing Broken Ties
Better Than A Baseball Bat
Still Breathing
Last Chance to Live
Haunted Thoughts
Epilogue
Blame Peter
Anna Throwing Sass
Kidnapped Kira
Security System Failure
Missing In Action
Unorthodox Behavior
Author's Note
Nefarious Plans
The Trickster Attacks
Bad Plans In Action
Meeting Malia
Guns Out
Illusions In The Mind
Danger Still Lingers
The Return of Cousin Miguel and Margarita
Enemies Turned Friends
Final Battle Calls
Epilogue
NEWS

Problem With Black lights

2.9K 97 10
By writtergirl2

Chapter 2

We had to go to the police station and be interviewed on what we know. I really am not a fan of this especially since Scott's tool of a dad is the one asking the questions, Stiles told me how he is the one trying to get his father fired. I personally will tell the Sheriff anything but I will do nothing to help Scott's absentee father. Also I am not a fan of the cops since I've been arrested multiple times.

So when Stiles and I have an opportunity to let our sarcasm out and use it full blast we take it.

I sat in the middle of Stiles and Scott and Kira sat in the middle of Scott and Lydia.

"So when did you get there?" Agent McCall asks.

"At the same time." I reply simply my arms crossed.

"At the same time as who?" He questions.

"At the same times as me." Scott answers while Stiles and I point to Scott.

"By coincidence?"

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asks.

"That's what I'm asking you. The three of you arrived at the same time. Was that coincidence?"

"Are you asking me?" Scott questions.

"I think he's asking us." I answer gesturing to Stiles and myself.

"I think he's asking all of you." Lydia cuts in.

"Okay, let me answer the questions....Let me ask the questions." I snort when I see the look on the Sheriff's face behind McCall. He's floundering and Sheriff is getting a kick out of it. Stiles makes a gesture as to point out the correction.

Agent McCall gives me a stern look. "Something funny?" He snaps.

"Just watching the special agent fail, is starting to be the highlight of my day." I reply with a smirk on my lips.

He fixes me with a glare, but continues. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town."

Everyone nods. "Sounds about right." Stiles comments.

"How did you know he'd take her to a power station?"

"Well, 'cause he was an electrical engineer. So where else would he take her?" Stiles points out.

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles."

"Yeah, what can I say? I take after my pops. He's in law enforcement." Stiles winks at his dad and points at him proudly his sarcasm never leaving his voice.

Sheriff snorts and tries to cover it with coughing. I look at Stiles and smirk.

Agent McCall shoots a look to Sheriff. "Stiles, just, uh.... Just answer the man."

"We made a good guess." I state.

He then turns his attention back to Scott and Kira. "What were the two of you doing?"

They choose to answer at the same time. "Eating pizza."

"Eating sushi."

They look at each other and change their answers.

"Eating sushi."

"Eating pizza."

They try one more time. "Eating sushi and pizza." They answer this time agreeing on what to say.

Agent McCall turns back to the Sheriff. "You believe this?"

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word Stiles has said since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it."

"Kira ,is that how you remember it?" Agent McCall asks.

We all lean forward and look at Kira.

"Yes. Could I get my phone back now?"

I lean back, good she won't give away the supernatural. But I still need to figure out what she is. That means talking to Derek who is probably ready to kill me for not answering my phone.

"Sorry, but no."

The phone was taken for evidence. We are all allowed to leave finally. I think the next time I visit the police station I should avoid McCall.I think I just jumped onto his shit list. Oops.

Stiles takes my hand, Lydia follows us. Stiles takes Lydia home first and then me.

After another late night, I want nothing more then to sleep, I doze off a bit in the jeep, but Stiles puts his hand on my leg, and I jump awake.

"I'll see you tomorrow." I say after I kiss him goodbye and climb out.

I slide the loft door open and I see Derek is asleep on the couch a book in his lap. I can't help but smile at how much younger he looks when he sleeps. He's relaxed. I grab a blanket off of his bed. I take the book off of his lap careful not to wake him and gently put it down on the table and I then drape the blanket over him.

"Night big brother." I say before I make my way upstairs and crash onto my bed.

+

I wake up the next morning throw on a pair of camouflage pants, a tan long sleeved shirt and put my hair up in a pony tail.

I walk down the stairs and see Derek pulling on a bright blue t-shirt."When did you get home last night?" He says before he even turns around.

"Uh, sometime in the a.m, because I was out helping Stiles and Scott save some girl and I think she's a supernatural."

He turns around and faces. He crosses his arms. "Why do you think that?"

"She like absorbed thousands of vaults of electricity, werewolves can handle it, but she absorbed it like it was nothing and caused the whole town to black out. So she has to be something but I'm not sure what, any ideas?"

"Look at her with your real eyes, if she gives off an aura she would have to be a kitsune."

"That's what I thought."

"You think she's dangerous?"

"The young ones tend not to be. But a kitsune is still a fox a trickster so you have to be careful." I nod.

"I'll see what I can find out."

"Good,now get your butt to school."

I roll my eyes. "Yes sir." I say sarcastically as I pick up my backpack and walk out of loft.

+

I walk into school and start to look for Stiles. I hear Finstock yelling into a blow horn, oh who thought that was a good idea?

I see Stiles at his locker and go up behind him and cover his eyes.

"Guess who? She's short and adorable with a violent streak and if you get this wrong she may punch you."

"I'm gonna guess Anna?"

I uncover his eyes and he turns around and kisses me on the lips quickly.

He starts to say something when we both turn our heads to see Scott walk into school with his eyes dead set on Kira.

Stiles runs at him and almost tackles Scott to the ground. I roll my eyes but walk up to the pair.

"No.No. Stop. Stop." Stiles commands.

"What? I need to talk to her." Scott defends.

"No, you need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her." Stiles argues.

"Which is why I need to talk to her." Scott retorts.

"Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's gonna start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction." Stiles says while waving his arms.

"What if she's like me and Anna?" Scott asks.

"She's not like us. But I have an idea on what she might be so let me figure it out before we pass judgement, okay?" I reply. I say the last part looking at Stiles.

Scott walks off, I catch a scent of something familiar and my blood turns cold. I clench my fist.

"I'll be back Stiles I need to go find something." I state and I walk off without another word.

I walk to the locker that the scent came from. I follow it and I wait in the corner I might need to use my claws and I don't need anyone to see that. When the wolf walks by I grab him and shove him into the wall my claws out and hold them against his throat. I growl at him. Aiden.

"What are you doing here?" I demand.

"I wanted to further my education."

I smirk at him and tighten my grip on his throat.

"The sarcasm is my thing sweetheart, so try again."

"We want to join Scott's pack."

"Ha! Like Scott would be dumb enough to trust the two of you."

"We saved your life."

"No, your brother warned Derek to get the hell out of town, but you also helped kill a member of my pack, and I don't tend to let things go,so if you mess up once, hurt Lydia, or anyone else. I will personally come and rip your throats out with my teeth. Remember I was a real bitch to handle when you two were Alphas how do you think you would fare against me as an Omega?"

"I"m not afraid of you Anna."

I tighten my grip once more my claws starting to dig into his neck. I squeeze so hard he makes a gagging sound and his hand goes to my wrist ready to try and pry it off it my grip because to tight.

"And that would be a fatal mistake on your end, because I only warn people once, so I suggest you don't screw up or else you're dead."I let go of his throat and shove him into the wall, he rubs his neck where my claws were, I walk away he better have gotten my point.

+

I was being roped into another late night adventure, with Kira, Scott and Stiles. Kira had to get her phone back because she had pictures on there she didn't want anyone else to see, I'm gonna guess they were nudes, but hey I don't judge I did almost strangle a werewolf because he now attends my high school. Nobody's perfect.

Stiles and I planned to sit in the jeep and wait for them to get back and be on the look out.

Scott and Kira came up to the window and Stiles held the cards out. "Okay, this one will get you into all of the perimeter doors, this one into the evidence room, and this one's for my father's office." He hands them all to Scott.

"You didn't steal these, did you?" Scott asks.

"No, we cloned them using the RFID emulator." I reply.

"Is that worse than stealing?" Scott questions.

"It's smarter." Stiles answers.

"Scott, can I ask you something?" Kira says pulling him off to the side.

"Okay, we'll just sit here then...." I trail off. I roll my eyes.

They have a brief exchange and I decide not to ease drop this time. They then come back over to us.

"Okay.So, now almost everybody's out dealing with the blackout, okay. But there's always somebody at the front desk. Dispatch, usually a nightshifter or two. You guys are gonna use the service door entrance by the dumpster. All right? Nobody uses it. Now either Anna or myself will text you if anyone comes out. But, Scott, if you get caught, I can't help you. My dad's under investigation for an impeachment because of your dad, so if anything happens. I will run and leave you both for dead." Stiles explains.

"Got it. Thanks. Seriously, dude." Scott replies.

"I'd ask my dad, you know, but..." He trails off.

"No, I know. I get it."

"All right go, hurry up." I cut in. They nod and head in. As Kira walks I watch her and glow my eyes.

She has an aura. Fiery and it looks like a fox.  She must be a Kitsune. Derek was right.

When they away I let my eyes fade back to their brown color.

"What is it? Something wrong?" Stiles asks in alarm.

I turn back to look at him. "No, it's just that Kira has an aura. I think I know what she is." I reply.

"What?"

"Kitsune." He raises an eyebrow at me.

"What is th-" I cut him off.

"Stiles look."

Headlights come straight at us. It's Agent McCall.

I pull out my phone and start texting Scott.

"Come on Scott." Stiles mutters as he watches Agent McCall walking.

Stiles sends a look to me. "I'm so going to regret this, but stay here." He says to me as he sprints out of the Jeep after McCall.

"Stiles! What are you doing?" I call after him but he's already inside. I facepalm oh great.

They all better hurry the hell up.

Stiles walks out and stands outside of the jeep waiting, Scott and Kira still aren't back.

I climb out of the Jeep. "You okay?" I inquire.

"Yeah,just had an interesting talk with Agent McCall."

"Ahh, Agent Dickhole, got it." He looks at me and cocks his head.

"What even?"

"I call them as I see them."

Before he can comment back Scott and Kira run up to us smiling proudly.

"We did it. All the pics deleted." Scott says with a grin on his face.

"That was awesome! I mean, terrifying. Completely terrifying. But kind of awesome." Kira exclaims looking at all three of us.

It's cute how innocent she is. We've done crap like this multiple multiple times.

"I've never done anything like before. Have you?" Kira inquires while looking at all three of us. I look at Scott then Stiles.

"Maybe once or twice." I reply.

Or several but who's counting?
"So, I guess I should take you home?" Scott asks his hands in his pocket.

She nods, disappointed.

We were heading to a party anyway, Stiles was begging me to go and since it was Halloween and I'm trying to be a slightly normal person I agreed.

Instead of bringing her home Kira was now coming with us. Scott grew a pair and asked her out. Finally.

I had no idea where this party was supposed to be. My phone vibrated in my pocket.

Are you planning on coming home tonight?

-Isaac

I raised an eyebrow at the text. Okay something is up.

Yes, Stiles, Scott, and I are going to a party and I need to change clothes and then after the party I'm coming home as well, why?

-A

Well....

-Isaac

What did you do???

-A

Do you have a problem with black light?

-Isaac

"What?" I asked out loud to myself.

"What's up?" Stiles asks.

Before I could answer we pulled up to the loft, I ran up the stairs to the loft music was blaring. Scott, Stiles and Kira were on my heels.

I stopped right before opening the door.

"What the hell, did someone throw a party?" I yell.

"A, uh this is the party we were going to...." Stiles trails off.

I whirl around to face them.

"No one better be having sex on my bed!" I yell.

I throw open the door my jaw nearly drops to the ground. Derek can never find out about this or he'll kill someone.

"Why did no one tell me?" I yell.

"We wanted you to have a good time and I didn't have time to explain in the car." Stiles answers.

"I'm gonna stop this and get these people out of my house before Derek goes all Peter on them." I start to walk towards the DJ.

Stiles grabs my arm to stop me.

"This could be fun, you know." I look around. Okay it's time to be a normal teenager.

"I'm changing!" I call I run up the stairs and look for my white halter top and black shorts and pull my hair up into a pony tail.

I run back downstairs and push my way through the crowd to find Scott and Stiles. I caught up to them and looked like they just ended a conversation when a girl comes up to me with an orange bob and kisses my cheek. "Happy Halloween!" She smiles at me and my eyes get wide. Friendly.

Stiles looks like he's ready to stop me from attacking the girl, I have a better plan, I spin around to face him and I cup his face and kiss him heatedly. I then pull away wink at him and walk away.

"It can wait." Stiles says and he follows after me.

I look around waiting for him to catch up when I see Allison Argent here. I can't help but feel a growl grow in my throat. I start to march in her direction ready to tell her to get the hell out of my house.

I feel a hand touch my shoulder. I whirl around, it's Stiles.

"You wanna dance?" He yells over the music.

"I don't know how." I yell back.

"Okay lets try this then." He grabs my waist and pulls me close to him he spins me around I laugh.

He then tries to do the most horrid dance move I have ever seen in my life. I cover my face.

I try to dance as well but I hate dance to this type of music, but I try and my horrible dancing seems to match Stiles's.

I grab him by the front of his shirt and pull him in for a kiss. I pull away.

"You wanna sit?" He nods, I pull him through the crowd towards the spiral staircase.

He sits. "I'll grab drinks." He nods.

I go and grab him a beer and me a soda since it's pointless for me to drink anyway.

I sit down next to him. "You have a bottle opener?" I ask.

"Yes, I do A." He pulls out his keys and pops open his beer and I hand it to him while I give his key an odd look. It's glowing.

I take it from his hand. "Your key has phosphors on it. Look." I point out, and then gesture to my cheek. "So did the girls lipstick."

"Yeah." He mutters to himself.

I bite my lips and I turn his head toward me. I kiss him. He kisses me back and pulls away distracted the key still in his hand.

"I am sorry. What are phosphors?" I roll my eyes.

"You had to break away for that?" I ask.

"I am sorry!"

"It's fine, but they're any substance that illuminates. It's in your teeth and your fingernails. Laundry detergent. It reacts to the UV light, that's why it glows. Happy now?"

He nods and pulls me into a kiss, but he stops again. "You are so distracted." I point out.

"I just have another question." He says innocently.

"How would I get phosphors on my key?"

"Have you been handling chemicals while I was in Mexico?"

"No, I don't think I..." He trails off and stares at the key.

He starts to get up. "I'm sorry. I'm really, totally sorry. I just thought of something that I need to handle by myself, it shouldn't take long I'll be right back. I really don't want to. I would just stay all night with you if I could, I swear. But I-" I cut him off.

"Just go." I reply.

"A I'm sorry."

"Just go Stiles, I'll be fine." He looks guilty.

"I'll be back." I nod.

I get up when I hear a familiar voice. "Scott." I glow my eyes and scan the crowd. I haven't seen Lydia all night.

"Scott!" The voice calls again. It's Lydia.

I run outside to the balcony the wall of glass behind the DJ. I see five creatures clad and black with swords at their sides all wearing masks eyes glowing like a firefly.

They are holding Lydia.

I growl at them my fangs bared.

The attack me I block their hits. I kick one in the chest knocking it away then I spin around my claws out and slash at the other it blocks my fist.

I try again and it catches my wrist and squeezes it until I yell out and I drop to my knees, it cups my face and I stare into it's eyes all the energy leaves me. I feel a burn on the back of my ear and everything goes cold.

+

"Aiden,over here!" A distorted voice calls.

Two blurry figures run to me and Lydia. I can't stop my body from shaking.

"Lydia? Anna?" I recognize the voice now. It's Aiden and his face and Danny's are coming in clearer to me.

Aiden comes to me. "Anna what happened to you two?" I don't answer

"What happened to them?" Aiden asks.

"I don't know, but they're both freezing. They're practically hypothermic." Danny answers.

"Get them inside." Aiden orders.

Aiden picks up Lydia, and I am picked up by Danny and brought back inside.

"By the heating vent." Danny says as I'm placed down next to Lydia.

My wrist slowly starts to heal and when it does I let out a growl of pain. My eyes glow and I look around and see Aiden still holding a shaking Lydia.

"They came out of the dark." Lydia whispers. I pull myself to my feet.

"What happened?" Aiden asks.

"Stay with her, I need to find Scott." I yell ignoring his question. I run outside to find them up to the roof.

I shove the door open when I hear a loud roar. Scott turns around to see me both of us knowing the sound well.

"Derek." We say at the same time.

I turn back around and run down the stairs, Scott right behind me and Kira right behind him our feet pounding loudly on the stairs.

Derek looks at me, I notice then that Ethan is being held up by Allison and Isaac, and Aiden is also here along with five of the hooded creatures that attacked Lydia and me.

They moved like a shadow with a smoke like substance moving with them."Guys, they're all looking at me." Aiden states with a nervous edge to his voice.

They take a step toward him.

"Why are they all looking at me?" He asks his voice even more nervous. I look around and notice. Stiles is still not here.

They move again. "Guys?" Aiden yells.

Scott,Derek and I all share a look.

I grow my claws, teeth and glow my eyes as do Scott and Derek and we all rush at a different creature.

I snarl and jump down on one slashing it. It ducks back.

I kick at it knocking it down and I jump to the next one, it kicks at me I duck it throws a punch at me and I bend backwards to duck it, I do a handstand kicking its face and flipping back down into a crouched position snarling.

It goes down. I'm grabbed from the back and thrown into a wall. I groan.Scott, Derek and I are all down. They turn their attention back to Aiden when Isaac decides to join the fight.

The one he is facing pulls a sword out of its chest and swings it around warning Isaac.

He backs down.

I struggle to my knees, two creatures pin Aiden's arm back and the other cups his face like they did to me.

When they finish they let him drop. They then all turn their attention to Scott. Scott jumps up on his feet his eyes glowing growling at them.

They go to move towards him when the sun comes up and just like smoke they dissapar.

Derek climbs to his feet unsteadily, and walks over to help me to mine.

I grab his shoulder until I'm sure I can stand on my own.

"What the hell were those things?" Scott asks.

 Isaac looks at Allison. "Your dad's 24 hours are up." 

X

Hey guys how is it going? I can't wait until we get into the heavier part of 3b when we see the nogitsune, I am super excited for that and the way you'll see Anna.

Let me know what you think and if there's anything you want to see or anything you are excited to see this season

All for now 

Comment, Vote, Follow :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 208 25
[BOOK 3] Sammy's back in Beacon Hills. Her summer trip has brought not only peace to her mind but more love in her heart. Leaving her lover, her hom...
3.1K 185 26
A new school year has begun. And with it comes new threats to Beacon Hills. First, a powerful pack of Alphas invades Beacon Hills, intent on bringin...
65.3K 1.7K 56
Brooklyn 'Brooke' Hale is back in Beacon Hills after a short time away. She expects to live out her senior year in peace and harmony but, as usual, t...
1.6K 61 23
Sacrifices, Darachs, Druids, an Alpha pack, the death of two friends, the return of my sister, I've been through so much in just a few weeks. I thoug...