The Life Of A Spy (a One Dire...

By Book_Lover0001

Mia is not who everyone thinks she is, she loves her life. She ran away from home at a young age, her parents... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue

Chapter 9

1K 23 3
By Book_Lover0001

Chapter 9 

I woke up extra early and headed downstairs to my friends room, I crept around as quietly as I could so no one else would wake up. I knocked two high and three low before the door opened. Walter was standing in front of me, topless with black pants on. I was breathless at how well he was built, I shook the thought out of my head though. I wasn't on this mission to get a boyfriend or like some one, I couldn't. It was too dangerous. 

"Come in," he said. I walked in through the door and he closed it behind me. "The computer is in Jenna's room, third door on the left." 

"Thanks," I told him only seconds before he headed back to his room. Probably going back to sleep, it was 6a.m. I wanted to go back to sleep but I needed to do this. I knocked on Jenna's door and she opened up with her laptop in hand, she must have been waiting for me to come by. I as happy that I didn't have to wake her up for it. 

"Password is 3r4g0n," she told me. I knew it was coded for Eragon, one of her favourite books. She had even got me to read it a few times, it was actually a pretty good book. 

I sat down on the couch in the main room and typed in the password. I pulled up the search box for the agency and typed my parents names in. I clicked on their history together and looked up children, it was exactly as I thought. A daughter named Elizabeth and son named Malcolm, both alive and in the agency. He was the one I'd met in Starbucks, he was my little brother. 

It says that he loved to travel but most of the time he still lived with his parents. Under my parents it said that they'd mourned for me and tried to get their old friends in the agency to help them but their friends refused. They still missed their first child but loved their second one very much. They were reluctant to allow him to go but let him go anyways. 

I couldn't handle reading about my parents anymore, I cleared the history that I just used and closed the laptop. I knew I wasn't going to tell anyone else about my search, I still could barely believe that I had a brother!  

I left the laptop on the desk in the main room with a note and headed back up to my room, when I got there I was happy to see that no one was awake yet. I went into my room and sank down to the floor, the waterworks broke out. I needed to get out my emotions on my family, I never talked about them to anyone. After a few minutes of getting my feelings out I stood up and grabbed some random clothes out of my suitcase. 

I hopped into the shower and sobbed silently as I washed my hair. When I got out of the shower I put my hair up in my towel and slipped on a hot pink Lulu Lemon tank top on with some black Lulu Lemon short shorts. I put my contacts in and blow dried my hair, next I took half an hour to straighten my hair. By the time I was done my puffy red eyes had cooled down and gone back to their normal looks, besides the colour difference. 

My hair was about halfway down my back and my skin was slightly tanned. I threw a thin black sweater on and grabbed some cash and my phone. I left the suite and headed down to Starbucks, I was hoping that my brother would be there again. I took the back exit and started on my short walk. I was busy looking at some clothing stores when I bumped into some, literally. I caught myself a few seconds before I hit the ground. 

"I'm so sorry, I wasn't even looking where I was going," I told him. I looked up and recognized his face, it was my brother. "On second thought, would you like to join me at Starbucks?" He smiled at me as he recognized me. 

"Sure, let's go," he said with a smile. He turned around and joined me on my walk, the first few minutes were only silence. Not an awkward silence but a silence none the less. 

"I know who you are now," I told him with a smile. I could see Starbucks only a block away. I could see the sign above the other buildings. 

"You know I'm happy I got to meet you here sis, Mom and dad thought you were dead," he told me. I knew all of this since I looked it up just this morning, it was something that I needed to hear from him though. 

"I know, as of this morning. If I knew you were on the way I would have stayed but as it was I had to leave, I couldn't stay when mom and dad were like that," I told him. We walked into Starbucks and waited in the small line up, we were careful now to not talk about the more secret things in our lives. Any one could be listening in. 

"I totally understand that, one of the times that I asked them if I could travel and we got into a fight I told them that if they didn't let me have some freedom I was going to end up leaving just like you. After that they let me go," he said. We moved up to the front of the line. "Medium hot chocolate and a piece of banana bread." 

"Medium hot chocolate and a cinnamon roll," I ordered after him. I paid her a ten and we moved over to the other counter and waited for our order. I leaned up against the wall with my arms crossed while I talked to Malcolm. 

"You didn't have to pay for me you know," he told me when we were sitting down with our breakfast. I took a bite out my cinnamon roll before I responded to him. 

"I haven't seen you ever and your my brother, it's the least I can do. Are you coming to the guys concert later?" I asked him. He grinned. 

"Yes, I knew you were going to be there so I got a back stage pass. Mom and Dad don't know but I have connections in the agency as long as I go on a few small missions every once in a while. That's the only way I know so much about you," he said. I wanted to frown but I couldn't, I was just too proud of him. He was just like me. 

"I can't believe that they haven't found out, they knew everything about me when I was there. They followed my every move when I lived there. That's why I had to leave," I explained. I had just finished my cinnamon roll and was starting on my hot chocolate, I burned my tongue at first but it quickly cooled down enough so I could drink it safely. 

"It's hard for them after already losing one child but I've made them understand that they made a mistake when they didn't let you off the leash," he told me. I nodded and looked over at the clock, it was almost 10. The boys were probably up by now, they were probably also panicking like crazy. I almost wished that I'd left them a note. 

"I have to go back to the hotel! Do you want to walk back with me?" I asked him as I made a rush to get back. I didn't want the boys to start getting worried badly, or suspicious after last night. 

"Sure, let's get going. I don't want you to be late," he told me, I smiled at him as we walked out the door. We were practically speed walking down the street because I was that worried about the guys freaking out. 

"So how's school going for you?" I asked him. I needed to know more things about my younger brother considering that I'd never even met him before yesterday. 

"Pretty good, I usually get straight A's. That's one of the reasons that I'm aloud to have a bit of freedom," he said to me. I smiled, I was so proud of my super smart little brother. 

"You sound just like me, my adopted family trust me completely. They don't know anything about this part of my life, we are so alike in that sense," I told him. We were nearing the hotel now but I didn't want to say good bye, I had just talked to him for the first time ever as my amazing little brother. 

"I have to go now, I'll see you tonight at the concert though," he said. I gave him a big hug. 

"I'll see you then," I smiled at him, he smiled back and I went in through the back door. I missed him already. I took the elevator up and found the boys waiting in the living room, they all looked worried. My heart dropped, I was in deep shit. 

"Where have you been?" Louis demanded in a worried voice when I sat down in the comfy chair. I rolled my eyes like Charlotte would have done. 

"Sorry, I just went down to Starbucks. I was hungry," I explained to him with a large sigh as though I had better things to do. 

"Well next time tell us where you're going! I've been worrying about you since I woke up," he said. What ever was my only thought. 

"Fine, is the concert still on for tonight?" I asked. I needed to know that it was still going after what happened last time, I had to see Malcolm. 

"Yeah, they've gotten security everywhere. Are you coming again tonight?" Louis asked. I was almost worried that he wasn't going to let me go after what I did, I guess I didn't have anything to worry about.  

"Of course! I've been looking forwards to this since mom and dad let me come," I told him with a smile. 

"Good 'cause I've already got you a backstage pass, there are going to be a few other people back there with you this time though." 

"That's fine, I can't expect to have the entire backstage to myself. I'll be in my room." I could tell he wanted to say more but I didn't really want to hear more. I closed my door and locked it behind me so that no one would come in without me knowing about it. 

I went over to my suitcase and started to search through for something to wear. In the end I pulled out a short, flowing, light blue dress and some shorts to wear underneath it. I decided to change later, the concert wasn't until 10 tonight. I had plenty of time before we had to be ready to go there.  

I flopped down on the bed when some one knocked one the door. I decided to ignore. It didn't stop though I sighed and got up and opened the door. It was Niall. 

"Couldn't you let me take my nap? I was up early this morning," I stated. He walked into the my room and locked the door behind him. We both sat down on my bed, he waited a few minutes before he spoke. I could tell that he was going to tell me to do something, the look on his face said it all. 

"You have to stay back tonight," he said simply. I stared at him in disbelief, he couldn't have just said that to me. I was the only thing that saved them last. 

"I'm not staying back, you guys could easily get kidnapped. Even with the extra security something could easily happen," I told him. 

"No, I don't want you to get hurt." 

"If anyone's going to get hurt it will be one of you guys, I could kill any of those guys in my sleep," I claimed. 

"Fine! You're impossible!" he said before he got up to leave. 

"Thanks," I said with a smile before he left. I locked the door and flopped down on my bed once again and closed my eyes, in seconds I was asleep. 

------------------------------------- 

I was awoken by some one banging on my door, I looked over at my clock to see that it was already 8. My eyes were burning! I hopped up and opened the door, it was Harry. 

"We're leaving in half an hour, make sure you're ready by then," he told me. I nodded a thanks before I closed the door again, I locked it and ran into the wash room and took my contacts out. I lost them down the sink but the burning subsided. I took out my make up and put some light blue eye shadow on with some mascara. 

I hoped that my eyes would be good to put the other contacts into later. I walked out into my room and changed into my dress. I walked into the bathroom and pulled my hair into a side ponytail. I tried to put my contacts back in but my eyes were too sore. I grabbed my purse and put the contact case in it. I hoped that the boys wouldn't notice, if they did then I would tell them that I had coloured contacts. It wasn't a total lie.  

I made sure that I had all my gadgets on before I unlocked my door and walked out into the living room. I found that the guys were all hanging out we had less then hour until the concert started. I knew they'd been just waiting for me to be ready. 

"Let's go!" I said with a smile. They all got up and we headed to the elevator and started going down, when we hit ground we went out the back and into the limo. I avoided eye contact at all cost, I couldn't give them a chance to notice my mistake. It was a very silent car ride and we were there in only a few minutes. 

We all piled out and got to back stage. I checked my purse and made sure that I had all my things while the guys check their instruments. I turned my communicator on right before the guys went out on stage for the show. After the first song I heard some one else some in, I turned to see Malcolm come in, I got up and gave him a hug. 

"How's the concert so far?" he asked me with a smile. 

"Have I ever told you that I hate One Direction?" I asked in a pouty voice. He smiled and let out a small laugh. 

"No but I know that you don't, did I tell you that mom and dad are out in the audience?" he asked really quickly. My eyes widened and I started to pace, this was just going to be absolutely horrible for me.  

"No! Why are they here?" I demanded. The boys started their third song and I was almost ready to barf at them. 

"They wanted to visit me and didn't want me to come to the concert without them but they weren't able to get backstage passes so now they're out there in the front row," he explained. He looked at my eyes and frowned at them. I sighed because I knew exactly what he was going to say. "Why don't you have your contacts in?" 

"I fell asleep in them and they started to burn my eyes so I'm hoping that the boys don't notice." I peeked out from the edge of the curtain and saw them, sitting in their chairs watching the concert with little to no interest. The boys had just finished their third song and were taking a small break. They came back straight by me and gave me a round of high fives as they passed by. 

"Enjoying the concert sis?" Louis asked. I nodded silently, I was still busy focusing on how I was worried about my parents. 

"Great cause we've got a surprise for you!" Liam said happily. My eyes widened and I got worried., the last time I was surprised by them I was ruined by them on stage. I guess I really wasn't one that liked surprises very much after that. Once they finished I was dragged out onto stage, they told me it was the best seat in the house. 

I stood near the back of the stage and suffered through a few songs when it happened. I looked out to see if my parents could see me but then I saw something, they were gone. The lights wet out and I grabbed my night vision glasses again out of my purse. This time though no one was on stage, my thoughts went straight to Malcolm.  

"Jenna, get the lights back on now!" I yelled in the communicator. My eyes started to water and I raced backstage to see Malcolm being taken away. I start to attack the guys but I was thrown away, these guys were much more trained then the other guys. I fell to the ground but was back up in a moments notice, I was beating the guys up hard left and right. After I got 3 guys down Laura and Walter joined me. They took care of the other guys while I got Malcolm. 

I grabbed Malcolm and dragged him out onto the stage with me, leaving Laura and Walter alone. I couldn't fail this mission. To my slight relief though Rylee was already out there even though no one was attacking, then I remembered my parents. I needed to find them before something bad happened to them, I couldn't let that happen. 

I dragged Malcolm back stage again to find that Walter and Laura had already beaten all the guys, I left Malcolm with them and raced out to the back door. I hoped I'd find my parents before everyone got away. 

I was out of luck today. 

As the door slammed behind me I saw the black van driving away in the distance. 

"Jenna, you tracking that van?" I demanded through the communicator. I needed to make sure that this was under control. 

"Yeah and the lights are on again," she responded. I nodded half to myself before I went back into action. 

"Mia, get back in here. The guy you left with us is getting worried and the boys are heading out soon!" Laura stated. I started in to a fast sprint, I had to make sure that everything was kept under control. 

"I'm on my way!" I told her as I raced through the halls. When I reached them I grabbed Malcolm by the wrist and he ran with me after the girls. I put my glasses back into my purse only a moment before we came face to face with the boys getting into one of their cars. It wasn't a limo so it was less noticeable. 

"Charlotte! Hurry up, we're leaving!" Louis yelled from the middle row. I dragged Malcolm at full speed and shoved him into the middle seat in the very back. I didn't really care what the boys thought about him, I needed to keep an eye on him. 

"Who's he?" Niall asked from the other side of Malcolm. I sighed, I definitely wasn't in the mood for explaining. 

"No time to explain, step on it driver." The car garred forwards before heading on a speeding path to our hotel. I nearly smacked my head off of the seat in front of me because it sped off so quickly, I didn't do very well with the vehicle starting thing. 

"Now who is he?" Louis demanded. I glared at him, I was already pissed off and sad about my parents being taken so I didn't need this added to my anger. If I got any more pissed off I was really going to hurt some one. 

"It doesn't matter, he's coming with us when we go to Paris." Paris, that was the last stop on the tour. 

"My name's Henry," my brother said from beside me. I smirked, he'd learned about this game quickly. I guess you had to though when you got into the spy business. 

"And that is the end of the topic for tonight," I finished. A long silence followed until we drove up to the hotel. We went up the back entrance as usual and made our way up to the room. Everyone except for Malcolm and I flopped down onto the couches. 

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I knew I had to be strong for Malcolm but I just couldn't do it anymore. It was too much. I jumped up, ran into my room and closed the door behind me, I didn't bother to lock it. I flopped down onto the bed and let the waterworks open up once again when I heard a knock on the door. They didn't wait for an answer though, they entered and sat down on the bed. 

"Are you okay?" asked the familiar Irish accent next to me. I sat up and looked him and he knew I was far from okay. He pulled me into a hug and I sobbed on his shoulder, he rubbed my back and I only ever cried harder. I couldn't believe that I still needed some one to be here for me, I guess I did still have feelings about people. 

"They have my parents," was all I managed to cry out. I cried harder and harder with every passing moment. When it finally seized a break Niall propped me up so I was looking him in the eyes. Those beautiful blue eyes. I felt like I was falling in love, maybe I was. 

"You have have to tell me who the guy out there is," he said simply and I nodded. I knew it was true, he deserved to know. 

"He's my little brother, they were after him too." I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." The door opened to reveal Walter. "Was there any luck?" I asked him hopefully. 

"We have the van being tracked but they stopped for about half an hour so we suspect that they switched the vehicles. Niall, can I have a minute alone with her?" he asked him. I knew that Walter would help me with this, he knew even more then Niall did. Niall nodded and got up to leave but stopped to say something to Walter before he left.  

"Be careful with her, she's very unstable," was what I heard through the communicator. I couldn't hide a small grin that peaked out. Niall left the room and I was alone in there with Walter. 

"They almost had him," I told him in a shaky voice. He rushed forwards to stop me from breaking down again. He let me use him to keep myself sitting up fairly straight even when I wanted to fall down ad sob my heart out. 

"It's alright, he's safe now. You have to be strong for him, just remember that," Walter reminded me. I didn't want to admit that he was right but he was, I had to let Malcolm know that I wasn't affected by this. 

"I know but it's hard. I'm going after them after this mission is over," I told him with confidence. He gave me a smile back, I knew he would support me any time I needed it. 

"And the girls and I will be with you every step of the way," he told me. I smiled with tears forming at the corners of my eyes, I pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back. The tears I were holding in rolled down off his back. 

After a few minutes of not moving with tears running down his back, Walter propped me up and gently wiped the tears away. I let out a small laugh at his romantic way of getting me to stop my sad crying. 

"Remember to be strong, 'Henry' needs you to be," he said making the air quotes needed. I gave out a small laugh. Even when I thought I wasn't going to smile again he forced it out of me with that small joke. 

"I will. Thank you, I'll see you tomorrow then," he got up and simply left. After a few minutes of sitting in my silent room I stood up and walked back out to the living room, the guys were laughing at a joke Malcolm had just told. I let out a small smile at how well he was fitting in now, I guess I wouldn't have to worry about that. 

"Sup," I said, letting my presence known in the room. They all turned to me and I realized that my eyes were probably still all red and puffy, I dropped into the chair in the corner again and sunk down as low as I could. 

"Henry is hilarious," Niall said, breaking the silence. I gave him a grateful look, at least now it didn't seem so awkward. 

"I know right," I said but my voice cracked half way through. "Henry can you talk with me in private for a minute?" He nodded and I led him into my room. This time I locked the door behind me though, I didn't want anyone else to hear this. 

"Did they find Mom and Dad?" he asked me the second I sat down. I shook my head and he plopped down beside me, I could tell that he was putting on a better poker face then I was about this whole situation. 

"Don't worry though, I have an awesome agent on it and after I'm done on this mission I'll be searching too. Until then you get to come with me to Paris," I told him with a smile that would never reach my eyes. He couldn't help but grin a small bit. "See, there's that smile." I laughed at him and he joined in. 

"I guess it won't be that bad," he said with a smile. I looked at him with a fake look of shock as though I was offended. 

"You get to spend a couple of days in Paris with your awesome older sister and a famous boy band, how is that only worth 'not that bad?'" I asked him. "Come on, we're getting up early tomorrow. I need sleep. You can have the bed and I'll sleep on the couch," I told him, gesturing to the decent sized couch near the bathroom door. I didn't really want to sleep on the couch but there were no other rooms and I had to put my brother ahead of me. 

"I have to go to my hotel first and pick my things up though," he objected. I was about to speak but was slightly interrupt. I was, Malcolm of course thought I was just pausing and thinking for a second. 

"Tell him not to worry, I got everything out of his room," Walter said to me through the communicator. 

"My friend already got it all," I told him but he was still frowning. 

"I have things hidden though, I need to get those things." 

"Tell him that I got all his gadgets and things from around the room." 

"Everything that you hid has been gotten. That means all of your gadgets," I told him when he look like he was about to abject again. 

"Awesome," he said with a smile. He flopped down on the bed and closed his eyes, in a few minutes I could hear him snoring. I smiled to myself before I went and changed into my PJ's, I packed up all my things and placed them by the door. I didn't want to sleep in then not have time in the morning. 

I layed down on the couch and fell asleep immediately, I was surprised by how tired I was.

I still have a few more chapters written up, I just have to finish editing them. I'm still looking for those comments that I love to get. I've done these past few chapters over the past few days and decided to do a major update on the story. I really love see the advances in reads every time that I log on so keep that up! Please start commenting though, this story has bigger chapters rather then more chapters but it's still far from over.

Thanks so much for reading!!

Vote if you liked the story so far!

Comment because I absolutely love hearing your thoughts on my story!

Follow me if you like my stories 'cause I'll follow you back!

~Kat:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 160 20
"Cool, lets go!" we jumped off his bed and ran towards his stairway, where he sat on his railing. "What are you doing?" I asked the crazy person. "Be...
269K 6.3K 36
Gisella or as she prefered to be called Ella has a pretty normal life. She has a dad and a mom. But when her mom leaves for some American man and her...
8.4K 404 28
Having to start over is never easy especially when you thought you had everything you ever wanted in life. Meet 19 yo Ayana, coming from a broken h...
1.1M 14.3K 32
Sophie is a normal seventeen year old. She has average grades, a bestfriend and lives in a normal house. Her secret? She's the princess of the United...