The Nemesis

By electric_forest

Liv Hawthorne returns to the Chatswin Boarding School in Oxford, England for another year of high school educ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue (Chapter 40)

Chapter 37

4.1K 117 8
By electric_forest

{Song in video: Selena Gomez - The Heart Wants What It Wants}

"I can't believe people are still staring at us," Zander chuckled, holding hands with me as we were walking outside.

"I can. I mean we used to practically hate each other," I said, laughing. "We were enemies and nemeses. Those poor people probably think that we're either aliens who replaced the real Zander and Liv or that we're crazy."

People were probably thinking of the second choice. I mean, if someone went up to me on the first day of senior year after I met Zander by spilling food on him, and telling me that we would end up together now, then I would have thought the person was crazy and would have took them to the psychiatry ward. Funny how things turn out.

"Hey guys!" Dasha exclaimed happily as she ran toward us.

Kenzie and Cameron were slowly following behind her, laughing and holding hands. "Hey," Kenzie said as they both got closer.

Collin and Katelyn walked out of the building and also came and greeted us. Hmmm I wonder what's happening there.

"Shall we go to the bakery?" I asked.

A bakery shop recently opened down the street from our school. The people who worked there were getting a lot of business from students and teachers of Chatswin. Mrs. Jetson's husband had worked there and whenever they had leftover desserts by the end of the day, Mrs. Jetson gave them to random students.

"Yes I freakin' love their cupcakes!" Dasha said, grinning. "Let's go!"

We walked to the bakery and went inside. "Mmm," I said, sniffing the air. If you were to ask me what my favorite smell was, I would have said bakery.

"What are you getting?" Zander asked me, pulling money out of his wallet.

"It's okay, I can pay for myself," I said.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Why are you so difficult with people buying stuff for you? I'm your boyfriend and a gentleman."

"Gentleman." I burst out laughing. "And okay fine, since you want to pay."

I decided to try the banana bread since I tried most of their cupcakes and brownies already. Zander had a blueberry scone, Cameron had a rocky road ice cream cone, Kenzie had two sugar cookies, Katelyn had a bagel with strawberry jam, Collin had a slice of vanilla cake and a peanut butter cookie, and Dasha got a big cinnamon roll.

We fixed the tables and seats so that we were joined together. "This banana read is amazing," I said with my mouth full.

"Everything here is amazing," Dasha said and we all nodded in agreement.

Sam and Amanda came in and I called them over to join us. After they got themselves each a slice of pecan pie, they came over to us and sat down. "This is only my second time coming here," Amanda said, taking a bite of her pecan pie.

"Same here," Sam said. "We need to come here more often. This place is really good."

After we were finished with our treats, Dasha looked at the time on her phone and gasped. "Kenzie, we're going to be late for our appointment! We've got to go now!" she exclaimed.

"Oh crap, you're right!" Kenzie said, looking at the time.

"Bye!" She waved to everyone and quickly walked out of the bakery.

"Yeah bye!" Kenzie called out, following after her.

We gave each other a look and shrugged. "Well I better get going. I have to study for those exams," Katelyn said, getting up from her seat.

"Same here actually," Collin said. "Do you want me to help you study?"

She gave him a serious look but couldn't keep it like that and burst out laughing instead. "Sure," she replied.

"Really?" He looked surprised.

"Yes." She smiled.

"Okay." He smiled back.

They walked out of the bakery and headed back to Chatswin.

"Everyone's acting weird," I said.

"Tell me about it," Zander mumbled.

The rest of us talked for a while and then headed back to campus.

---

A few hours later, we all decided to meet up at a park that was close to Chatswin. This time a few others joined us, such as, Brandon, Heather, Celeste, and Mrs. Jetson (we had to have an adult chaperone with us since it was past six. Lame I know, but at least Mrs. Jetson was laidback and fun.)

"Where are Dasha and Kenzie?" I asked, just noticing they were the only two not here yet.

"I don't know, I haven't seen them," Zander said, looking puzzled. "We've been here for half an hour already."

"They did say they had an appointment, but you would think it would be done by now," Katelyn said. "Does anyone know where they went?"

We each looked at each with confused looks on our faces and shook our head. "Maybe we should try to call or text them," Celeste suggested.

"Good idea," I said.

Katelyn tried to call Kenzie while I tried to call Dasha. Neither of them picked up their phones.

"That's weird," Mrs. Jetson said. "Do you think they're okay?"

"I don't know..." I said, sounding doubtful.

As we were wondering what to do next, Heather exclaimed, "I see two people coming but I don't know if that's them!" She pointed at them. It was dark so it was hard to tell who it was.

As they got close to the park light, we gasped. "Your hair!" I blurted out.

Kenzie and Dasha came toward us, giggling. They both had pixie haircuts instead of their long hair.

"You all made us worried for a haircuit?" Mrs. Jetson said.

"Sorry, Aubrey," Dasha winced. "We just wanted to surprise everybody."

"It looks good!" Katelyn said. "What made you all do it?"

"Well we wanted to do it for a while now and decided to do it together." She grinned.

"Kenzie, you look beautiful," Cameron said, walking up to her and kissing her.

"Thanks," Kenzie said after they pulled away.

"It looks great on you two," I said to them. "Kenz, I'm especially surprised you did it though." It was true since Kenzie never dyed or styled her hair different. She didn't want to have too much attention, well at least used to.

"I am too actually," Kenzie said and laughed. "I wanted this for a long time but was scared to do it. Somehow, Dasha talked me into it. It wasn't easy, I actually cried when they cut my hair but a minute later, I realized I absolutely loved it." She grinned.

"That's awesome. We're proud of you." I smiled. "Heck, you're braver than me. I do want short hair but I'm afraid of what it will turn out like."

"I had a pixie cut my freshman year," Katelyn said.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that!" Dasha said. "You looked good in it, by the way."

"Thanks." She smiled. "I may do it again someday but not right now."

"Oh yeah guys!" Mrs. Jetson exclaimed. "I'm sorry for interrupting but as you know, my husband works at the bakery down the street from Chatswin. Well, he and the other bakers made pound cake and they wanted a few people to try it out. They're free samples, so who wants one?"

"Me!" Everyone exclaimed at the same time and then we laughed.

Mrs. Jetson passed around pound cake to everyone.

"I love how whenever you're around, that we always have food and desserts," Dasha said and we laughed.

"Well it is one of the greatest things ever," Mrs. Jetson said. "So what do you guys think?"

"Awesome!" Sam exclaimed.

I gave her a thumbs up sign since my mouth was full.

"They should definitely serve this," Zander said.

"Yup, I agree," Cameron said, nodding his head.

After we ate, we talked and joked around for a while. I looked around, smiling at myself, as I noticed Cameron and Kenzie were talking and laughing, Dasha taking pictures with Katelyn and Collin, Sam and Amanda kissing, Heather and Brandon looking at something on Brandon's phone and talking, Celeste and Mrs. Jetson playing volleyball in the distance, and Zander holding my hand and smiling at me. I was glad to call these people my friends (and boyfriend.) I would have never guessed that most of these people would end up being my friends (yet alone boyfriend) but I was happy to have them in my life.

**********

A/N: Dasha and Kenzie get pixie hair cuts :D

READ

VOTE

COMMENT

What Dasha and Kenzie look like with their new pixie cuts:

{Dasha}

{Kenzie}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.6K 2.6K 37
แด…ษชแด แด‡ส€ษขแด‡ษดแด›; แด›แด‡ษดแด…ษชษดษข แด›แด ส™แด‡ แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แดส€ แด…แด‡แด แด‡สŸแดแด˜ ษชษด แด…ษช๊œฐ๊œฐแด‡ส€แด‡ษดแด› แด…ษชส€แด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด๊œฑ.
289K 10.1K 59
Sequel of 'Loving My Best Friend"! Ashley Matthews and Ashton Matthews, the adoptive children of Amanda Matthews (Jones) and Christian Matthews. The...
578K 51.6K 34
๐™๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™š ๐™ ๐™ฎ๐™– ๐™ ๐™–๐™ง ๐™™๐™–๐™ก๐™– , ๐™ˆ๐™–๐™ง ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž ๐™ƒ๐™ค ๐™œ๐™–๐™ฎ๐™ž ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž...... โ™ก ๐™๐™€๐™๐™„ ๐˜ฟ๐™€๐™€๐™’๐˜ผ๐™‰๐™„ โ™ก Shashwat Rajva...
142K 4.9K 33
"Wesley..." I say in a low voice. He starts laughing so hard that he's crying. I grab two eggs and throw them both at him. They both hit his chest. ...