How It All Started

By foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... More

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 10- The Hospital
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 16- The Dinner
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Epilogue
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Chapter 11- The Cabin

7.7K 221 13
By foreverandalways_3

A/N last update until the New Year! Hope you all had an amazing Christmas, and I hope you have a good day today! love you all! Comment, tell me what you think! It means a lot! Don't forget to vote! You can follow me on Instagram @_holly3! Love you all! <3 Happy New Year!

Chapter 11

My week went so extremely slow, that I thought the world was going to end before the week would. It was even a shortened week, but it's finally Friday morning and Shane just texted me, telling me that he's on his way to pick me up.

Finally being able to go somewhere for a long weekend is going to be amazing. Though that's not the best part, it's even better to be spending it with Shane.

"Are you sure you're alright to go alone, he said you could bring a friend," Shanelle tries to persuade me into bringing her once again, because she claims that 'it's to be of a chance that Shane is going to try and kill me and throw my body in the lake.' Because, yes. Shane is totally that person.

"I am one hundred percent sure that I'm going to be okay with Shane," I reassure her one more time.

"Fine. Okay, so do you have everything? Socks, shoes, extra shoes, bras, sexy-"

"Shanelle!" I cut her off before she could finish.

"Well, I just want to make sure, just in case,"

"Yeah, yeah," I shake her off, just as the phone starts to ring. I let Shane in, to carry my bag, he insisted. He keeps going off about how 'you need to be careful your foot is hurt' and stuff.

Like I'll be fine.

"Hello?" He opens the door slowly walking in.

"Hi," I smile walking into the hallway to the door. "I'll bring my suitcase over here, hold on," I turn around to go grab it before Shane stops me and walks past me and gets it before me.

"Okay, see you Shanelle," I yell from the doorway.

"See you," she yells back I close the door and begin to walk, looking up at Shane and smiling seeing that he's already looking down.

"Excited?" He asks as we get in the elevator.

"Very," I giggle, holding my purse and a bag of food to eat on the way, although Shane said no I still got some.

Getting to his truck he puts my bag in the back and I jump up into the passenger seat. Putting my purse and the food in the back seat, Shane gets in the truck and quickly pulls away. Being only ten in the morning the highway is busy, full of families going away for the weekend.

"So what's there to do around the cabin?" I ask over the music. One of my new favorite songs are playing, Let Her Go by Passenger.

"Lots, just wait until you get here, you'll see," he smiles looking over at me before focusing back on the road.

After fighting about who's going to make dinner.

Me.

Then fighting who's going to clean up.

Both of us.

We finally turn off the highway and on to a dirt road. Beginning to see the view of the very large lake and a few large cabins we continue down the road.

"The cabin is the very end one," he laughs as I try and guess which one it is.

"Like on this road? Or the end one before this turn?" I question.

He shakes his head at my curiosity. We turn the corner so my question is answered, being that its the last cabin on the road.

"Is that the cabin?" I point dumbfounded, Shane nods pulling into the driveway. "It looks like a country club!"

We pull into the long drive way and I jump out instantly regretting it as my foot hit the ground.

"Be careful Sweet Cheeks," he laughed from next to me. He walks around the truck and opens the tail gate. Grabbing my suit case, and his bag.

Grabbing my purse and the food we ate in the truck, plus a couple other bags of food Shane bought, I carry them to the house as he opens the door.

The large wood cabin is triangular in the front facing the lake. The front living room is there with very high ceilings, along with a very large TV against the wall. The side door giving easy access to the living room and the kitchen. The kitchen to the left, the living room to the right.

The very large kitchen is lighter wood than the of the wood that makes up the rest of the cabin. Placing the food on the granite countertop, I look out the window and see little paths leading into the forest.

The expensive stainless steal microwave clock says it's noon, I'll make lunch in a little bit.

"Are you going to come up stairs Sweet Cheeks?" Shane yells from the top of the stairs. Quickly walking past the large wooden antique table, I walk up the large stair case leading to different doors. Looking over the railing at the top I see the living room from high above along with the large windows.

"We'll stay in this bedroom," Shane says opening the last door of the hallway. Walking in, there's a large bed against the middle of the wall, there's two other doors leading somewhere else.

"Shane this is beautiful," I complement as he slides a door open, to reveal the walk in closet.

"We can put our clothes away in here," I smiles looking over at me as he places the bags down. Walking into the large closet, I see there's two dressers on either side of the walls.

"Its so perfect," I giggle. "Are you hungry?"

"No, are you? I ate lots on the way here," he chuckles, he ate three granola bars, half a bag of chips, and a cookie.

"No I'm not, later I can make stuff."

After unpacking everything and finally getting to sit down, Shane meets me on the couch and sighs.

"Since it's a bit cloudy and already four o'clock, want to just watch movies?" I nodded getting up, trying to run up the stairs, but this cast slowing me down.

"You're going to hurt your foot more if you stomp on it like that," Shane scolds picking me up and carrying me the rest of the stairs. He makes a quick turn into a room I haven't been into yet. He puts me down carefully. Opening the closet to reveal stacks of movies.

After choosing a movie each we go back to our room.

"Which one first, Hunger Games, or Insidious," Shane holds up the two movies, shaking Insidious, trying to get me to pick that one.

"You're just going to put Insidious in first so just play that one," I roll my eyes laughing.

"You know me so well," laughs pushing play before jumping on the bed beside me.

As the credits start to crawl up the large TV screen, I'm still holding on to Shane's arm for dear life.

"Why do you do this all the time, make me watch movies that scare me to death," I slowly let go of his arm, he gets up to change the movies.

"Shane!" I scream while laughing way too hard, "Stop it!"

He's been tickling ever since the movie stopped, which was about five minutes ago. My stomach is aching from laughing hysterically.

"Say it!" He yells, over my giggling.

"Never!" This whole thing started because he was trying to get me to say 'Shane is the greatest guy ever', which I'll never admit.

"Well, another round of tickling is here," he starts it pick at my sides and stomach.

"Okay! Okay!" I scream and he stops to look at me expecting me to say it. "Shane, you are the biggest loser here," I laughed getting up and running downstairs. It's already seven o'clock and we agreed to ear after I told him he was great.

"I'll get you later," he whispers from behind me.

"What do you want to eat for tonight?" I ask sitting on a stool to the countertop.

"I'm going to make it," he says shrugging his shoulders turning around to meet my eyes. "And you Sweet Cheeks are going to go over there and sit down and relax," he says guiding me over to the couch.

"Fine," I pout turning on the TV.

Looking through the guide on the TV, I soon find out there is nothing other than Say Yes To The Dress, so I click on the program and it shows up on the TV. Sighing I lean back and I hear Shane laughing in the background.

"Shut up! There's nothing else to watch," I defend.

"Uh huh Sweet Cheeks," he giggles once again. I decide to ignore him. Zoning in on the TV show, I soon learn that this girl named Karla is getting married in four months and that she loves sparkles. I roll my eyes as she complains that's there's not even 'bling' -as she calls it- on the dress.

"Dinner is served," he says from the kitchen. I notice the sizzling that I once heard is now gone. Getting up and shutting the television off, I make my way to the table that has two plates full of food.

"This looks amazing!" I stare down at the large plate of spaghetti and meatballs. "I'm never going to be able to eat this all!" I chuckle sitting down.

"You got this," Shane smirks.

"I can't believe I ate that, I feel like I'm going to explode!" I say to Shane while placing the dishes in the dishwasher. We don't even have to do dishes the dishwasher does pots too!

"Told you, you got this," he smiles as I turn around, he's leaning directly behind me on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah," I shake him off. "I can't wait to get this thing off my foot," I laugh walking up the stairs. It's almost ten o'clock, and I'm exhausted.

"Are you going to be able to get your pajamas on by yourself?" he teases from right behind me. The faint sound of the dishwasher is the only thing heard.

"Oh shush," I laugh walking into our room.

"I'm going to have a shower, don't fall putting clothes on," he bugs me once again.

I finish getting ready as soon as I finish getting ready. Hopping into the steamy washroom, I brush my teeth and take my make-up off.

Climbing into bed and letting out a long yawn. "Goodnight Sweet Cheeks," Shane says pulling me into his chest.

It's weird. We sleep together, we've kissed, we hold hands, we go to places together, and we're just friends. Maybe that's all he wants to be, just friends.

I know I think of him as more than a friend.

The bright light is shining through the window, shining straight on to Shane's face making it glow. His blonde hair sparkling. His tight grip around my waist making it hard to move.

Finally, after wiggling out of Shane's grip without waking him I grab one of Shane's sweaters from the closet. Going downstairs, looking in the fridge I decided to start breakfast.

"Eggs? Bacon? Toast? My favorite!" He says holding my hips from behind.

"It's all just finished cooking now, grab a plate and let's eat!" I giggle shutting the burners off.

We load our plates with food. I'm so comfortable around him, he's making me more comfortable with myself. I'm getting used to the fact that I am, who I am no one can change that.

After eating and getting ready we decided to for a walk through the forest.

"Are you sure you're going to know how to get back?" I question once again.

"Alex, it's okay I know where I'm going, I've roamed these woods since I was little," he chuckles still walking with me in tow.

Literally.

He's holding my hand and pulling me behind him. As soon as the path gets wider he pulls me next to him.

"I know it's up here," he mumbles to himself.

We've been walking for ten minutes and we still haven't arrived to where Shane wants to go, whenever I ask he just says 'it's okay, it's just up here,' where ever that is.

"Aha! Here it is! Close your eyes!" He smiles standing in front of me. Closing my eyes, I feel his presence change to behind me, one of his hands covered both of my eyes, while the other is holding my hip guiding me where to go.

"Shane, can I open my eyes yet?" I complain while laughing.

"Just a few more steps and we're here!" He says letting go of my eyes. They automatically open to reveal a massive meadow full of yellow October flowers.

"I used to come play in here when I was younger, for hours on end. Just running through, laying on my back, just hanging out and thinking,"

"It's so beautiful," was all I could manage to get out of my mouth. I slowly walk into the massive clearing of flowers. The sun shining so bright above.

"Lay down and just look up," Shane whispers in my ear, his hand guiding me at the small of my back, to the middle of the meadow.

Laying down and looking up, the blue sky looks beautiful. Almost as beautiful as the human laying beside me.

Looking beside me, my heart starts to race seeing that Shane is already looking at me. Around it is tall flowers, so all you see is stems, flowers, and sky. And the beautiful guy laying beside me. I look back up to the big beautiful sky and begin to think.

These past couple months have been so great. University is busy and hard, but it's going well. Better than last year. I was such a mess last year. Shane's made it worth while.

Shane. He's one of the people who has changed my life so much. He's changed me in such a short period of time. I've become a better person because of that family.

"Alex?" Shane snaps me out of my thought.

"Yeah?" I look over at his beautiful face and smile. His big smile starts to smile back. He's leaning on his elbow to look at my face clearly.

"Do you want to keep going? We can come back later if you want,"

"Sure," getting up, but almost falling backward. I get steadied by Shane, but of course, he's laughing at me.

Walking back to where we came from, we end up in front of the cabin. There's a field in front before the lake. To the side there's a gravel road leading down to the dock, to dock a boat. Beside there's a sandbar so you can go down and swim.

There's a lot of leaves around here, standing in front of the cabin, facing the water. It's so beautiful here. Bending down and picking up leaves I throw them at Shane. He doesn't realize what's happening until they hit hid face. I let go of his hand and begin to run.

"Oh! You're going to get it!" He yells as he starts to chase me. Looking behind me to see how far back he is. I'm surprised when he's really close to me. Looking back to the front of me, my foot hits something on the ground and I start to fall.

A loud screech comes from my mouth as I'm in mid air before I land on my front. Rolling over with a groan Shane is already by my side with worry in his face.

"Are you okay? What hurts? Is it your foot? I have to be more careful, it's all my fault," he rambles.

"Shane,"

"I knew I should've just caught you, this is all my fault,"

"Shane! I'm okay," I laugh at his worry, he always blames himself.

"Are you sure?" He asks relief clear on his face. I nod and he smiles, reaching his arms under me bringing me up to his chest for a hug. I wrap my arms around his neck.

"Alex," he mumbles into my neck.

"Hmm?" He begins to lay me back on the leaves. I open my eyes, he's hovering above my face, both of his legs on my right side.

He leans down and puts his lips down on mine, before I know it he lets go, but I don't open my eyes. His hot breath is right on my lips. I open my eyes to see his bright blue ones glowing into mine.

"Alex, be mine," he whispers barely touching my lips, "Be my girlfriend."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 200 39
(UNEDITED) Him: And she had me then, tangled in her integrate web, I wanted to find out more about her, everything about her. Thaw the iced glaze ov...
37.4K 941 39
C̺͆O̺͆M̺͆P̺͆L̺͆E̺͆T̺͆E̺͆D̺͆ Started ~ February 13, 2021 Ended ~ April 3, 2021 ~ Re-write ~ May 28, 2021 End ~ August 18, 2021 *************** Disclai...
32.2K 554 19
Four men One girl Four professors One student Four devils One Angel The devils they were indeed, you mess with them, and you will regret it not even...
1.8K 111 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...