How It All Started

By foreverandalways_3

Alex has found the perfect job for going through university, being a Nanny for a wealthy family who really en... More

Chapter 1- The Meeting
Chapter 2- The First Day
Chapter 3- The Fireworks
Chapter 4- The Explanation
Chapter 5- The Drive
Chapter 6- The Scare
Chapter 7- The Good Luck Charm
Chapter 8- The Surprise
Chapter 9- The Walk
Chapter 11- The Cabin
Chapter 12- The First Date
Chapter 13- The New Unfound News
Chapter 14- The Dream
Chapter 15- The Fair
Chapter 16- The Dinner
Chapter 17- The Dress
Chapter 18- The Wedding (Part 1)
Chapter 19- The Wedding (Part 2)
Chapter 20- The Goodbye's
Chapter 21- The Unexpected Arrival
Chapter 22- The Visitors
Chapter 23- The Mall
Chapter 24- The Family Reunion
Chapter 25- The Difficult Goodbye
Chapter 26- The Late Night Conversation
Chapter 27- The Hot Air of Arizona
Chapter 28- The Games
Chapter 29- The Sports Interview
Chapter 30- The Fight
Chapter 31- The Failure
Chapter 32- The Next Touch Down In Italy
Chapter 33- The Unexpected Deep Talk
Chapter 34- The Final Goodbye
Chapter 35- The Not So Out Of The Ordinary Things
Chapter 36- The Christmas Spirit
Chapter 37- The Presents
Chapter 38- The New Year's Eve Party
Chapter 39- The Big Surpirse
Epilogue
Thank You All!!
My Newest Story

Chapter 10- The Hospital

7.9K 211 7
By foreverandalways_3

Chapter 10

My alarm went off just like a normal Monday. The weekends memories making me smile on this early morning.

Shane.

What are we? What is the status of our relationship.

I'm not sure. That scares me.

Trying to reach the snooze button, wiggling to get out of his grip. He mumbles some words before his grips gets harder and pulls me back into his chest.

"Don't go," his raspy morning voice whispers in my ear.

"Let me turn off the alarm," I giggle looking at his perfect face. Eyes still closed, eye lashes laying above his cheek bones.

"Fine," he mumbles, loosening his grip slowly. I reach and shut the alarm off. Pulling me back flush against his chest. His eyes opening now, they squint with the bright light flowing in from my window.

"Morning," I whisper tracing my finger tips all over his face.

"Morning beautiful," his breath is on my lips I look up into his big blue sparkling eyes. He's the beautiful one.

My thoughts go back to that night he found me in my worst state. No one was suppose to see that, so many memories to think about whenever I see the scars. I can't help but feel like Shane says these things because of pity or because he actually thinks I'm beautiful. I always feel like the first choice is the right one. I think he noticed how my smile dropped because his eye brows furrowed.

"What's wrong?" His hand leaving my hip, to rest on my cheek, his thumb rubbing back a forth.

"N-nothing" I can't help but stutter at the feeling of his touch.

"Tell me," he almost begs, "please."

I don't know what to say, I don't want to say what I was thinking, my mind goes blank. His big eyes staring into mine.

"Do you do this 'cause you feel bad?"

"Why would you think that?" He asked back.

Why wouldn't I?

"Because as soon as you saw me that night you've been almost... Nicer? Like you've always been nice, but it seems you try harder, like you've taken me out more. I don't know" I ramble.

"You know, the first day I saw you, when your we're leaving the house, I knew something was different about you," he pauses to look up at my eyes before going back down to the piece of hair he's playing with. "I knew from that moment when I saw you, that I wanted to get to know you better, get to know the true you. That day, I knew I needed to take less things that are so beautiful for granted. That's why I try now, because when I saw you on the floor in that bathroom I knew that I could have possibly lost you... That you might have not been here today, I don't want to loose you," he ends in barely a whisper. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull myself in for a hug, his hands wrap around my torso, I feel so safe. Almost perfect.

"You're so small," Shane laughs as he reaches for the two cups I was reaching for with ez.

"Hey!" I playfully punch his arm, he winced but I know it's fake. "Breakfast is ready, I just have to get the coffee"

"I'll get it, relax," Shane takes the cups to the coffee machine and pours the coffee. I our plates of food over to the table.

"What are you doing for the long weekend? It's this weekend right?" Shane questions after taking a sip of the coffee.

"Nothing actually, I was just going to stay here,"

"Oh, well, umm... Do you, uh, want to come with me to this cabin my, um parents own?"

"Oh, where is it?" I wonder.

"Just down by the lake, about an hour outside of the city, you don't have to, my parents aren't going it would just be us, unless you want to bring someone? Because we can if you want, anyone, doesn't matter." He rambles. It's so cute when he gets nervous.

"Just us? Or you can bring friends? Whatever you want." I smile taking a bite of toast.

"Just us," he smiles. The smile that I learned to adore more and more each day.

"See you tonight," I say locking the apartment door, looking up to Shane's big blue eyes.

"Tonight," he smiles. Bends down and plates a small kiss to my forehead making my eyes flutter closed.

"Bye," I smile, he waves and turns to go down the stairs. Watching the door close, I turn and head for the elevator.

Arriving at the soccer field, the wind reminds me of the weather that is sure to be on its way. Putting my bag down in the dressing room, I slid my equipment on and tie my cleats. Walking out with the team to start warm up, I zip my sweater up more.

We begin to do two on one's, I'm being challenged to defend my goal keeper by Brianna and Sydney. Running up to Brianna, I begin to take the ball away when my left ankle bends to the side causing a loud shriek to come from my mouth. Falling to the ground, tears brimming my eyes.

"Alex!" I hear my coach yell, the lady that sits on the bench to help if we need anything, her name slips my mind every time.

After trying to move it around, they decide that it's best if I got to the hospital just to make sure everything is right. Being helped the my car, by Sydney I sit in my drivers seat and she is standing the in door.

"I think you should call someone to come get you so you don't have to drive, because I know how much it hurts," she tells me, I don't know who to call that's the problem.

"Um, yeah I'll call," I mutter. She's not going to leave until I do, she's to hard headed.

Grabbing my phone I type in his name and hit call.

"Miss me already?" He answers.

"Of course," my voice is full of sarcasm, "are you busy?"

"Actually I'm not, just some paper work to do but it can wait, what's up?" He's so calm, his voice is soothing the pain that is shooting through my ankle up my leg.

"Um, well I hurt my ankle this morning in soccer and they want me to go to the hospital, but they won't let me drive there, and Shanelle is in class," I explain.

"Where are you parked? I'll be there in five minutes,"

"Same parking lot as we we're parked in for the tournament,"

"Okay I'm leaving now," he finishes hanging up.

Three minutes later Shane's truck pulls up next to mine.

"Are you okay? Does it hurt? What happened? Does it feel okay? I should have been here faster," he blurts out.

"Thanks Sydney, see you soon" I smile at the girl that helped me get to my car.

"No problem Al," she smiles turning around walking back up to the field.

"We should take your truck so you don't have to pay for parking," I say starting to stand up, but swiftly stopped by a big hand on my shoulder.

"Okay, but you're not walking on it, it could be fractured," he says picking me up, I open the door because his hands are full with well, holding my body.

Placing me down so slowly, he's being so precautious. "Shane if we put me down faster I'm not going to break," I chuckle.

"I just don't want to hurt you more," he laughs, "do you need anything from your car?"

"Just my phone and keys they're in the cup holder," I say and walks over and grabs everything and locks to doors. Shutting my door and walking around to the drivers, he puts my phone and keys in the dash.

"I hope you weren't busy, because if you we're you could just drop me off and come back when I'm done,"

"No I was bored anyway," he laughs.

When we get to the hospital, I check in and Shane sits beside me the whole time.

"Does it still hurt?" Shane asks once again. My legs are over his lap and he's holding ice on my foot, while the other arm is around my side.

"Only if I try to move it," I say trying to move my foot around in a circle instantly regretting it. Shane noticed because he began to scowl at me.

"Don't do that, you're only hurting yourself and might be making it worse,"

"Fine," I mutter.

After two hours of waiting its now 12:00, and I'm starving.

"Can you just go grab me a bag of chips from the vending machine, they won't notice," I beg.

"Al, they told me to make sure you don't eat until we leave here," he says for the third time.

"Alexandra Peterson," the lady calls out.

"Finally," I whisper to Shane, shifting my legs so Shane can get to get my wheelchair, helping me up and sitting me down, then being pushed down the hallway.

Stopping in front of this room, the nurse opens the door, and we walk in.

"The doctor will be right with you" she says before pulling the curtain over so we're separated from other patients.

"What if I can't play the rest of the season," I panic, "I'm going to let the team down,"

"Alex, injuries happen, it's not your fault. Plus you don't know what's even wrong with it,"

"Alexandra?" The doctor pulls the curtain back just enough to fit in before shutting it again.

"Hi," I greet the young doctor. Her long blonde hair is pulled back into a ponytail of perfection. Her brown eyes, are bright.

"So you were playing soccer when you rolled your ankle?" She questions.

"Yeah,"

"So I'm just going to feel around to see where the injury is," she says bending down to my left before gently pushing around my ankle and foot. Tears welled in my eyes before falling when she found a bad spot for pain.

"There, right there," I sob softly trying to ignore the pain, Shane's warm hand is holding mine.

"It's okay, shh," he whispers pushing some loose stands of my hair that are loose from my ponytail.

"So we are going to send you for x-rays, and then meet back here when you are done," she explains giving directions to the x-ray room.

Going through the door, stopping at the front counter, the lady says to go right in.

"Oh sir, unless you are family you can't go in with her," the lady from the counter stops him.

"Oh, alright Al I'll be right out here," Shane says pushing me towards the door of the room.

"No I want you with me, please," I whisper.

He opens the door and pushes me in slowly. There's a tall female with grey hair standing by a computer screen.

"Excuse me, would you mind if my boyfriend came in with me?" I ask, she turns around and smiles.

"That's fine," she comes over to stand next to me. "You're going to need to come up on here and sit and we'll go from there," she instructs.

Shane comes around and lifts me from the chairs and softly places me down on the x-ray table.

"So I'm just going to ask some questions," she tells me and I nod. Leaning against Shane's torso, his hands found mine. "Have you been to the hospital within the past five years, for anything?"

"Um, yeah, blood loss," I say quietly, I feel Shane tense against me, his grip on my hands tightened.

"Okay, are you on any medication that you take everyday?" I shake my head no, and she continues. "Last time you had your period?"

My face flushes a bright red, "um, 7 days ago," I mumbled just loud enough to hear it. Shane chuckles and kisses the side on my neck.

"Let's get started," the doctor says.

After getting the x-rays done, I get pushed back to the room we we're in, we're told to go back in the curtain we were before.

"You're adorable," he teases.

"Why?" I wonder.

"You blush so much, it's so cute," he chuckles.

"'Cause you embarrass me!"

"Good, I'm the reason," he smiles.

"So we looked over the x-rays, you have a small fracture," he says holding the picture of my bones in the air to the light, she points at the slight crack some where in my foot, "you are going to have to wear an air cast for about three weeks, then come back get a quick x-ray and see about it then."

Three weeks?

"Three weeks? Why that long? Doesn't it heal faster?" I complain, I can't be out that long!

"Yes hon, it takes that long, so I'll just grab you an air cast, you should be able to walk on it with this so you won't need crutches," she pushes the curtain back and grabs one of many casts. "We'll put it on and see though,"

By the time I get the cast on and off and on again, it's one in the afternoon.

"So where do you want to go eat?" Shane asks, stopping at a red light looking over at me with those amazing caring eyes.

"Your eyes are so blue,"

"Thank you, I like yours more, but aren't you hungry?"

"Extremely, but gosh they're so pretty!" I continue about his eyes.

"I don't want them pretty! I need to look tough!" He exclaims, "Where do you want to eat?"

"Anywhere," I laugh dropping the comment about him being tough. His arms and strong jaw line give away that he's not afraid to protect.

After we ate, we went back to my apartment.

"I have to go get my car," I remind him as we lay on the couch.

"Yeah, how about you sleep over tonight and I'll drive you to campus tomorrow?"

"Sure, I'll go get my stuff ready,"

"What happened Alex?" Belle gasps as soon as I walk in the door.

"I fractured something in my foot this morning from soccer," I chuckle.

"So she's staying the night, because when I picked her up to go to the hospital I drove. So I'm going to drop her off at campus tomorrow morning," Shane quickly explains.

"Perfect, well I'm going to go do something's before your father gets home on Thursday," Belle smiles wide and hugs me and kisses her son's cheek before walking out the door.

"Well that was quick," Shane laughed.

When we heard the bus stop in front of the house, we knew they we're home.

"Hide in the closet, so when they go to put their coats you'll scare them,"

"Shane!"

"Just do it!" He laughed while guiding me to the front closet. Hiding between jackets I found one that smells amazing. Quickly figuring out that it's Shane's.

"Hi Shane," I hear Chelsea's cute voice greet. Soon followed by Marcus' greeting.

"Hey! Hang up your jacket, need to keep it nice in here," Shane's voice scolds.

"You just want to keep it nice to impress Alex," Marcus giggles.

Wants to keep it nice for me?

"Yeah, yeah," Shane waves it off. The closet opens, my face is hidden by a jacket, my short height being an advantage.

The jackets are separated right where my face is hidden, "BOO,"

Chelsea screams as loud as she can, falling backwards on to the floor.

"Alex!" Marcus cheers running up to me, picking him up and holding him. Shane is laughing like usual, but Chelsea is still on the ground.

Setting Marcus down, I stretch my leg out and sit down. This cast is heavy.

Chelsea looks up at me with his blue eyes that are filled with tears, ready to spill. I automatically pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to surprise you," I say setting her in my lap.

"You scared me," she cries softly.

"I'm sorry,"

"Can we make cookies?" She asks quietly.

"Of course!" I smile.

After making two dozen cookies, and playing one too many games of bowling on Wii, the kids went to bed.

"My friend is coming over to pick up a couple tools, you want to meet him?" Shane asks while twirling a piece of hair around his finger.

"Yeah of course," I look straight up into his eye's, and he's smiling down.

"Hey! You called me your boyfriend today at the hospital," he brings up brightly smiling down at me as I lay on his thighs.

"Yeah only because I know you didn't want to wait out there with that old lady," I excuse, laughing as his fast twisted with the words of that old lady. She was scary.

"You could've called me your brother,"

"Oh yeah, 'cause when you kissed my neck there, you being my brother would have been believable," I roll my eyes.

He lets out laugh, as soon as he stops, before he could say something back, there was a knock on the door. I sit up as Shane is about to speak.

"That's Kane," he says getting up to go answer the door. I look at the TV as I hear a new voice come into the house.

"Yeah of course any time," Shane says walking to the front of the living room. "This is Alex," he introduces me. I walk to Shane's side.

"Hi I'm Kane, nice to me you," he shakes my hand."

"Nice to meet you," I greet. His height is taller than me, but shorter than Shane. His dark brown hair and his dark brown eyes match. His strong jaw line making him handsome, but not nearly and beautiful and handsome as Shane.

"We're just going to go in the garage and grab a couple things and we'll be right back," Shane tells me pulls me into a hug and quickly letting go to show his friend to the garage.

Flipping through the channels, I decide to put it on Wheel Of Fortune, and text people that are in my classes to see what was for homework. I get quick replies with mostly, it's not due until next week, or nothing at all.

Watching the end of the game show, the girl guesses the bonus puzzle and wins $45 000. Oh how that would be nice.

"I know, and don't forget to finish off the paper work tomorrow," Kane tells Shane as the walk in from the garage.

"Of course man, almost done, see you tomorrow," Shane says standing against the wall connecting the living room and the porch to the door.

"Nice to meet you Alex, see you Shane," I wave goodbye as he walks out the door. Shane goes and locks it quickly, coming back to sit next to me.

"Urg, I don't want to go to school this week," I complain.

"I know I know, but you get Friday off because it's a long weekend, plus Monday off, so really you only have three more days until you're off, then we can leave Friday morning," he explains.

"Sounds perfect," I smile yawning, he grabs the remote and shuts the TV off bringing the house to complete silence.

"Lets go to bed," he looks over at me, standing up offering a hand. I take it and stand.

"I hate this thing already," I complain about the cast.

"I'll carry you everywhere then, so you don't have to wear it," he jokes. I playfully slap his arm.

Going downstairs Shane is in front of me, 'just in case I fall'. If I fall, I'm pretty sure I'll break his neck. But he said he must, so I just let him be.

"I'm going to go have a quick shower, and I'll be back," he tells me gathering some clothes up before leaving the room.

Once I hear the shower start I begin to get ready for bed. Putting on pajamas, I get the shirt on now the struggle was the pants.

Taking off the air cast, I'm not good at this yet. Sticking the pump into the socket trying to deflate it.

After multiple tries of taking the cast off I finally did it. Standing on one foot trying to put the pants on now. Jumping around on my right foot. I got my left leg I'm now the tricky part is getting my right in. Jumping trying to get my leg in at just the right time I almost got it, if I jump one more time.

I fell so hard on the ground it knocked the wind out of me. I groan loudly. My pajama pants around my ankles.

Great.

If Shane walks in right now I'm going to be so-

"Sweet Cheeks are you-" that was all he said before bursting out in laughter.

Wonderful

"Shut up," I can feel my cheeks burning. He holds on to both of my hands helping me up. He helps me over to the bed. Sitting down, my pants around my ankles.

"Why didn't you just sit then pull your pants up?" He laughs.

Oh... I guess that could've worked. "I never thought about it," I blush.

"Well, that's what you're going to be doing from now on," he laughs once again, while pulling my pants up.

That was probably one of the most embarrassing thing I've ever been through.

Crawling up into his bed, he turns the light out and slides in beside me. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in.

I'm falling so hard for Shane and I don't think I can stop anytime soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9M 81.4K 37
My name is Jade. I was kidnapped and given as a gift. Like a pet. A gift meant to mend the bond between a father and son. But before his son knew I...
32.3K 565 19
Four men One girl Four professors One student Four devils One Angel The devils they were indeed, you mess with them, and you will regret it not even...
366K 2.9K 35
{{Believe in the unimaginable when it comes to love.}} Jane was just an ordinary girl when one day everything came crushing down her life. She lost h...
1M 52.1K 64
{ Sequel to His Nanny .} * P.s This is not a stand alone book. You have to read the first book ' His Nanny' to get a good understanding of the charac...