Ambience ~ n.m.

By honeycrispcringe

"You feel no remorse do you? You don't feel remorse for the people you've hurt, the people you've killed. The... More

1; It Begins
2; I Tell You Time and Time Again
3; In The Middle of Nowhere
4; A Spectacular End
5; The Slayer
7; Mother Dearest
8; The Fake Original Ball
9; Chains Are Never Comfortable
10; The Shattered Girl
11; Trust Is Something Earned
12; A Heart of Darkness
13; Do Not Be Gentle
14; Before It Happened
15; The Departed
16; Growing Together
17; Remember The Hell
18; Hydro-Powered Hunter
19; Tell This Life Goodbye
20; The Welcome Committee
21; Days Like This
22; Tell Me That It Isn't True
23; Negotiated Freedom
24; Caught In The Spider's Web
25; Go To Sleep
26; Ten Pounds Of Shit
27; Poison Tastes Sweet
28; Blast From The Past
29; The Pain Won't Stop
30; Just Cremate Them Already
31; Floods Rush In
32; The Center Of My Soul
33; Recovery For The Broken
34; Daycare From Hell
35; Homicide Is Never An Answer
36; Fjörgyn
37; Sand On Bourbon Street
38; Uneasy Possibilities
39; A Closer Walk To Thee
40; The War
41; Binkies And Coffins
42; Bruises Over Wounds
43; Paradise For A Time
Blood Draws Blood
The Family Feeling
Chasing A Demon
The Day Of
The Tranquility Of Eden
Burn The Surrender's Flag
The Damned Dress In A Veil Of Blood
The Devil Catches Fire
Goodnight, I Love You
A/N Voting
We All Needed You
Soul Dealer
Crown Of Bones
Prying Open Dead Eyes
Voting (again)!
WE WON - tag games - eclipse stuff
The Water That Drowns Us
The Sea Of Lost Souls
I Hold With Those Who Favor Fire
Hanging The Moon Over Our Heads
Is It Hell Or The Wild Side?
Easy Mistakes
Who's This Chick Again?
Savior
Ghosts Of The Past
Wild Hearts
Slaughtered Angels
Heart Shaped Coffins
The Weapon Named from Desire
a/n : hiatus - vacation - school
Possible Q&A?
Important Author's Note

6; What Do We Fight For?

21.6K 585 120
By honeycrispcringe

'drugs' by EDEN

"Till my chest is on fire and my head just won't die."

The room Klaus made for me was quite unlike the one from Montana. I think he learned that those girly colors were very unsatisfactory to me. This one had a range of dark reds and light greys.

I thought it was strange to wake up in red sheets instead of my grey ones from back home. This morning was slow, I woke up, but texted Elena. We talked about Jeremy leaving today and about some stuff she might drop off before school started.

A knock at the door sounded and I sprinted from my room, down the steps, and past Klaus who was ready to open the door. I leaped into Elena's arms and gave her a large hug. "I missed you too," she laughed.

"Got the stuff I asked for?" I ask.

"Yep. Sketchbooks, books, pencils, all of it," she told me.

"Can you drive me to the school? I'll get ready and be downstairs in a minute," I tell her. I run upstairs and pull my hair into a messy bun. Klaus walked into my room and raised an eyebrow.

"I think that you should sign out of school today," Klaus told me.

"What? No way. I want to get into a good college." I tell him shaking my head. I grabbed my makeup bag and went into the bathroom, Klaus following me. I began my normal makeup routine.

"I can pay for an online school. Public school will make people question things, and when people question things, they get nosy. We don't want their noses in our business now, don't we?" Klaus asked.

"What would I care?" I ask.

"Maybe to snuff out those nosy people, I can kill them," Klaus shrugged.

I froze and spun around, putting a finger into his chest. "You wouldn't dare," I hiss.

"Well, I would if you went to that high school of yours," Klaus smirked.

"Fine. I'll sign out," I whisper, turning around to put on mascara, finishing my look for today. Klaus looked as if he were to say more, but he left it be and left. I sighed and got dressed in a t-shirt and jeans, lacing up a pair of vans.

I grabbed a bag and shoved my phone and wallet inside.

I ran down stairs and passed Klaus again. "Be back after school," Klaus ordered me.

"No promises, psycho," I mutter. Klaus grabbed my arm and turned me around to look into my eyes.

"Harper," Klaus said firmly.

"It's Caroline's birthday today, Klaus. I'm staying for her party," I sneer.

Klaus's jaw visibly clenched. "Harper-" Klaus growled.

"No. No, you are going to give me this one day of freedom before I am put behind glass forever," I hiss.

Klaus searched my eyes then let me go. I turned around and walked out the door to Elena's car. I got in the passenger side and barked at her to drive. She started to drive, but was silent.

"What happened in there?" she finally asked.

"Nothing. He's just a dick," I tell her.

"When is he not?" She asks.

"Good point. He told me that I have to drop out today," I sigh.

"What! No! He can't do that!" she yelled.

"He threatened to kill someone, Elena. I have to," I mutter to her.

"Why does he have to do this to you? Why did you offer yourself up?" she asked.

"I didn't necessarily offer myself, I just didn't complain when he took me. If not me, then it'd be you and there's no way that's happening," I tell her.

"Why? I've dealt with him before," she scoffed.

"I know. And you were killed. Now, it's my turn to get the bad hand," I shrug.

"It's stupid. Why can't our life be normal? Why can't people just understand their boundaries?" she asks.

"Woah. What happened? I know that tone, someone got to you," I tell her.

"It's Damon. He-He kissed me," she confessed.

"Finally. He's been waiting too long," I scoff.

"Wait, you knew?"

"Of course I knew. I know everyone who has had a crush on you. Remember that guy, uh, what's his name? The kid in eighth-" I started.

"Clay Rambles." she nodded.

"Yeah! That kid. He liked you for six months before he finally got the balls to ask you out remember?" I ask.

"Yeah, that's true."

"Well, guess who was the one who told him your favored date to go on?" I ask.

"No!" she gasped. "He came to you?" she asked.

"Not exactly. I came to him. He thought I was you until I told him otherwise and told him to set up that date with you. I thought it was hilarious when you turned him down. Again," I laughed.

"He was heartbroken."

"More like ego broken. He got together with Jamie Graceland two days later," I scoff.

"I never know when someone likes you, or vise versa," she told me.

"I don't like people and people don't like me. It's simple math, sis," I tell her.

"I don't think you've ever been in love, not even with Tyler freshman year," Elena stated.

"True. Tyler was a notorious ass," I scoff.

"Oh my God. You like someone!" Elena exclaimed. I laughed loudly.

"What are you smoking?"

"Who do you like? I knew you were acting different!" Elena smiled widely.

"I don't like anyone. Honestly, liking anyone is pretty overrated," I tell her as we pull into the school parking lot.

"I will find out," Elena promised.

"There's nothing to find out," I mutter as we get out of the car.

Elena and I walked towards the school and Bonnie joined us. "I thought Klaus had you under lock and key," Bonnie told me.

"I negotiated a day's worth of freedom, and he negotiated me dropping out," I tell her.

"What?! Are you going to let him boss you around like that?" Bonnie asked.

"I'm his prisoner, Bon. I'm lucky to even be here, right now," I tell her.

"That's not fair! What about college?" she asked.

"As if I'd live that long. Klaus said he'd pay for online school if I just cooperated," I tell her.

"It's just not fair."

"Tell me about it. I have to go. I'll see you two later," I smile at them before walking ahead towards the school. I entered the front office and asked Mrs. Piper for the sign out papers.

"You'd need a guardian, sweetie. Where have you been all this time?" she interrogated.

"A getaway vacation," I say automatically. Klaus. He probably compelled me to say that. I tell her that he'd be in soon to sign them. She thought I meant Alaric, but was she in for a surprise. I signed the papers and told her to hold onto them.

I left the office and talked to Jeremy before school started. I then sat in the Smoker's Pit and texted Klaus, waiting for school to get out.

To: Klaus

Hey, Mother Mikaelson. You should probably come to the school and sign me out. This was your idea, remember?

From: Klaus

Are you still there?

To: Klaus

Yeah, I'm waiting for Elena and the rest to get out of school.

From: Klaus

Should I come and pick you up?

To: Klaus

Hell no. Sign me out and you can possibly keep me company.

From: Klaus

When did you start to demand things from me?

To: Klaus

When I declared this as my last day of freedom.

From: Klaus

Ah. Right. I'll be there soon.

I waited and distracted myself with my phone. My phone buzzed and a message from Klaus popped up.

From: Klaus

It's done. Have a good time at Caroline's birthday party.

I scoffed and shook my head.

_________

Elena, Bonnie, Matt, and I snuck inside Caroline's house. Bonnie bought a fantastic cake from the Mystic Falls Pastry Shop in town. We had Matt by bottle confetti poppers and party hats. Elena and I pulled some strings and stole a bottle of the Salvatore's expensive tequila.

We hid around the corner from the hallway, hiding from Caroline till she showed up. We heard her car pull up and got into our positions. Matt and Elena held up the banner, Bonnie held the cake, and I held the tequila

When Caroline walked through the front door, all of us jumped out, holding our gifts in the air. "Happy Birthday!" the four of us shouted together.

"What are you guys doing here?" Caroline asks.

"Well, you blew off school, and missed our work of birthday art, so, uh," Elena took off her golden crown and placed it on Caroline's golden curls.

"Change into warmer clothes, we're going to the falls. S'mores, campfire," Bonnie smiled widely.

"Cake. Like when we were little," Elena stated.

"Except with a shot or five of tequila," I smiled, waving the bottle in the air.

"Ah, thanks, guys, really. I'm just not really feeling my birthday this year," Caroline told us.

"I'm sorry, what? You claimed your birthday as everyone's favorite day of the year!" I exclaim.

"Yeah, and now it's just a reminder that, technically, I'm dead. Look, I didn't even like seventeen. The only point to seventeen was to get to eighteen. It's a filler year. I am stuck in a filler year," Caroline cries out.

"You're not stuck, Caroline," Elena tells her.

"Yeah, I am, but it's okay. You know, it's all good. I will be fine. But I just need some time to wallow in it," Caroline assures us.

"Okay. Well, I think I have another idea," Elena smiled.

All five of us walked for about two miles till we got to the Fell mausoleum. "There it is," Elena announced.

"Ta-da," I whisper as Bonnie opens the doors. "This is creepy. Even for us," I state.

"No, Caroline was right. Technically, she's dead. Sorry, but you don't need a birthday, you need a funeral," my sister gives Caroline a sympathetic smile. "You need to say goodbye to your old life so you could move on with your new one," Elena tells her friend.

"Okay. Here lies Caroline Forbes," Caroline starts.

"Cheerleader, Miss Mystic Falls, third grade hopscotch champion," Elena lists sticking the pink candles into the cake.

"Friend, daughter, overachiever," Bonnie laughs.

"Mean girl, sometimes, no offense," Matt laughs.

"None taken," Caroline laughs.

"Beauty queen, best friend for life, which is now taken literally, and the world's best listener," I smile, ruffling her hair.

"She was seventeen and she had a really good life. So, rest in peace so that you can move forward. That's what we really need. That's what we all really need," Elena looks around to the small group of friends.

"Amen or cheers or whatever," I whoop and hold up the tequila bottle.

"Bonnie," Elena gestures to the candles. Bonnie lights them with her witchy magic.

"Nice. Okay, make a wish," I order her. Caroline closes her eyes and blows out the candles. She looks up and smiles.

We all drank, until we were drunk. I swear I drank half the bottle alone. I walked out of the Fell mausoleum and looked up through the trees. I felt someone grab me and put a cloth against my mouth.

I fell unconscious.

____

Light slowly filtered through and I opened my eyes. I felt adrenaline rush through me as I was in a car. I look over to the driver. Stefan. "What the hell?!" I shout. "What the hell are you doing, Stefan?" I ask desperately. My phone buzzed and I look at the caller ID; Damon. Stefan snatched it from my hand and answered the phone.

"Hello, Damon. She's a little busy right now," Stefan told him, looking at me. "Making my next move. Let me ask you something, what's Klaus going to do if he loses his main asset and goes for Elena?" Stefan asks Damon, making me jump.

"What?" I gasp. Stefan ends the call and tosses my phone out the window.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I scream at him. "Stefan, stop this fucking car! Do you fucking hear me? Get me out of this car!" I scream as he goes faster. "What's the fucking plan, Stefan? What's the big move you're making against Klaus?" I sneer.

"I took Klaus's family to make him suffer. I'm not going to let him suffer anymore," he states.

"What are you going to do? Are you going to keep me as a hostage?" I ask.

"Or maybe I'll just turn you into a vampire," Stefan stated.

My heart dropped. "Stop the goddamn car! Stop the car, Stefan!" I commanded. Stefan stepped on the gas pedal. Stefan picked up his phone and began to call someone.

"Stefan, how nice to hear your voice!" I heard Klaus on the other line.

"Tell your Hybrids to get out of town, Klaus." Stefan demands.

"Okay. Well, then I'm going to drive your one blood source off the Wickery Bridge," Stefan belted. My head snaps up. "Then, I'm going to kill Elena too," Stefan adds.

"No." I shake my head. He bites into his wrist and forces his wrist to my mouth. I am forced to drink his blood.

"No! No!" I scream as he swerves. I began coughing as tears escaped my eyes. "What are you doing? Stefan don't fucking do this! Klaus!" I scream.

"I just fed her my blood. No more Hybrids if she is a vampire."

"Really? Try me, because after Harper, bye bye Elena and your coffins. Say goodbye to your family, Klaus!" Stefan revs the engine and I scream.

"Stefan, slow down! Stefan! Stefan! Stop! You're scaring me!" I cry out. He goes faster. "Stefan, please!" I scream. My memory flashed of when my parents, Elena, and I drove off this bridge. "Stop!" I sob.

He halts to a stop and I scream. I gasp and pant as hot tears drip off my cheeks. I stare at Stefan with disbelief, hurt, and fear. I open the car door and try hard to hold all of the bile down my throat. I sob and start running from the car.

"Get back in the car!" Stefan demands.

"Get the hell away from me!" I scream.

"Harper, get in the car!" He demands again.

"How could you?!" I scream. "My parents died going over this bridge! Elena and I almost died! You knew that. You're the one who saved us." I sobbed.

"Look, he had to believe I would do it, alright? Your fear sold it." Stefan told me.

"You were running that on an 'if', Stefan! You would've turned me."

"He had a weakness, Harper! If I knew his weakness it would destroy him!" Stefan yelled.

"That's all that matters to you? Destroying Klaus?" I ask sobbing.

"Destroying Klaus is all I have left," Stefan responded.

Stefan went into his car and drove past me. I walked to the side of the bridge and sat down, leaning my back against the guardrail. I brought my knees to my chest and sobbed.

Soon, Klaus's car stopped at the bridge. He quickly got out and ran to me, crouching in front of me. I didn't look up at him as I sniffed. "Are you alright?" Klaus asks. I shake my head, tears welling up once again.

"No, no, I will never be alright. My parents died on his bridge. I almost died. Stefan-Stefan just didn't care," I sob, putting my face into my hands. Klaus sighed.

"Let's go home, love. Would you like that?" Klaus asked me.

I nodded. "Please, take me home," I sniff. Klaus pulled me up from the ground and I pull him into a hug. Klaus is surprised by this, but pulls his arms around me. I sob into his shoulder and he assures me that I will be okay.

I pull away and place my lips softly on his cheek.

"Thank you."

______

Updated 12-30-17

Yeah finally done with this one!

Questions?

Will Klaus get revenge on Stefan?

Will Klaus and Harper have a new found love?

Vote

Comment

Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 8.1K 54
Rosalie Salvatore was the youngest Salvatore sibling, unfortunately she died due to burning at the stake in 1864. It's 2010 and the brothers look thr...
31.2K 751 34
{ I am going to edit this book soon to make it a lot better for you to read but the edit will take some time. Need to finish the second book first. T...
670K 19.5K 33
Everly-Rose Thomas is an introvert, quiet and incredibly polite for her age. She has a pair of enchanting large blue eyes, and wavy light brown hair...
225K 3.4K 37
Cassiana Gilbert. She's different, according to the original hybrid. She has something in her that sparks and ignites. It draws him in like a light d...