The Bad Boy Stole My Notebook

By Miles11011

Lilah is the plain, simple girl that no one notices. She's just another face in the crowd, nothing more. Her... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Epilogue
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 1

838K 21.1K 16.9K
By Miles11011

One of the things I hate about school are the hallways. Trying to get through the sea of people is like trying to play red rover with wrestlers. It's impossible. You can try to shove people out of your way but then you'll just get shoved back. And then you'll get caught behind the really slow people. It drives me crazy. I just want to blow a blow horn behind them to speed them up. And then there are the people  that have dramatic conversations or arguments right in the middle of the hallway. I mean, really? Is it that difficult to take it somewhere else?

Anyway, I was just trying to get through the hallway one day when I tripped and spilt all of my things on  the floor. I hurriedly tried to pick everything up so I wouldn't be late for my next class. The feet that scurried by stepped on my books and kicked my pencils across the floor. I cursed under my breath. Does no one see that I am trying to pick up my stuff here?

You see I was that girl. The invisible girl who is just trying to get good grades and not get into any trouble. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a nerd or anything, getting good grades didn't come easy for me. I was just that plain girl that no one pays any attention too. Another face in the crowd. It didn't bother me much, I wasn't a social person anyway. It was just me and my two best friends.

Aria is the popular one. She is outgoing and funny and everyone loves her and claims to be her best friend. But she usually just hangs out with me and Renee. She's on the volleyball team and is also in choir for her amazing voice. I'm still surprised that she is friends with me. She is totally oblivious to all of the boys around her though. They all look at her with such longing and of course she is the only one who doesn't notice. 

Renee isn't as popular as Aria, but she is pretty well known. She's an amazing artist and is into punk rock. She's also really creative with makeup. Any kind of look you could imagine she could create. She was the most creative person I knew. She was also more risky with guys. She has had a few flings here and there but most of the time she picks the guys that aren't good for her. It really worries me sometimes.

And then there's me. Plain, boring, old me. Jeans and a T-shirt. No makeup. No guys that are interested in me and no guys that I am interested in. Just me.

When I finally gathered all of my things, I ran off down the hall. If I was late for Mrs. Johnson's class she would kill me. Everyone has had one of those teachers, right? The ones that count every second after the bell as a tardy and will give you a lecture in front of the entire class. And I did not like being the center of attention. So as you can see, I was in a hurry. Which is why I didn't notice that I forgot to pick up my notebook. 

A very important notebook. 

Now this wasn't just any notebook. This was a notebook that Aria, Renee and I shared. Since we didn't have a lot of classes together and didn't have a lot of time in the halls to stop and chat we wrote in the notebook. We wrote about things going on in our day, annoying teachers, people we don't like, people we do like, all sorts of things. Things that were meant to stay only between us. So by the time that class ended and found out that it wasn't there, to say I was freaking out would be an understatement. When I went back out into the hallway it was nowhere in sight. It was official. I was doomed.

By the time lunch rolled around I was going through different ways to break the news to my friends about what happened. Who could've taken it? It could've been anyone. This is so bad, I don't even know a majority of the people in my grade, let alone the entire high school! How would I ever find it?

"Hey Lilah," I jumped at the voice that appeared right behind me. "Geez, why are you so jumpy?" Renee asked as she looped her arm through mine.

"I'm not jumpy," I said as she led us to our table.

She rose an eyebrow. "Whatever you say," she said in a sing-song voice. 

"Where's Aria?" I asked. The sooner I tell them, the better.

Renee snorted. "She's over there. I think Ethan is asking her out," I rolled my eyes. Again? Goodness that boy needs to take a hint.

Soon enough, Aria plopped down next to me. "Ugh can you believe Ethan just asked me out? I didn't even know he liked me that way."

I gave her a flat look. "Aria, he has asked you out twice already," I reminded her.

"Yeah I know, but I didn't think he was being serious."

"Well he is," Renee said with a mouth full of food. "So quit leading him on and give him a flat out 'no'."

"But I don't want to hurt his feelings," Aria pouted. She was never good with saying no to people. 

I shook my head. "Guys can we forget about Ethan for a minute? I-"

"Yeah, let's forget Ethan and move on to the fact that Reece Matthews is looking at you, Lilah," Renee said as she wiggled her eyebrows at me. 

Reece Matthews was the number one bad boy of our school. He was a total player and lured helpless girls into his bed with his charm and good looks. I felt sorry for them. They thought they were going to be the one to have a relationship with the hottest guy in school but they just ended up having broken hearts. I felt bad for some of the guys too. So help any boy who accidentally runs into Reece. If they were lucky they would only be threatened. Basically, Reece's middle name was 'Stay away unless you have a death wish'. Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

I rolled my eyes. "He is not," I said, not even bothering to turn around to look. "He's probably looking at one of you two," I told them. My friends were way more pretty than I was. Plus, I doubt Reece Matthews even knew who I was. Which in this case, would be a good thing.

"Nope, he is definitely looking at you," Aria joined in. 

"No he's not," I argued.

"Yes he is," Renee shot back.

"No, he's not."

"Yeah, he kinda is."

"YOU GUYS! I have something to tell you!" sheesh.

"Well then out with it," Renee said as she put down her sandwich.

"Yeah, let's hear it," Aria turned to me.

I sighed. "I lost the notebook," I said barely above a whisper.

"You WHAT?!" the both exclaimed at the same time.

"Tell me you're joking," Aria pleaded. I sadly shook my head.

"Well where did you lose it?" Renee asked.

"In the hallway."

Her eyes widened. "In the hallway? Well great, anyone could have it."

"Maybe it's in the lost and found," Aria suggested.

"It's a stretch but I'll check after lunch," I promised. I could only hope it would be there.

I glanced around the cafeteria. Anyone could have it. I took a quick peek at Reece's table. He was gone.

*******

When I walked into the office after lunch I was disappointed to find that the notebook was not in the lost and found. Now there was no way I was ever going to find it. What was I supposed to do? Walk up to everyone in the school and question them? I think not.

"Mr. Matthews there is no smoking on school property," the principle said in his office.

I shuffled through the 'Lost and Found' box one more time and tried to block out their conversation. It felt wrong to eavesdrop and I had a more important matter to deal with. I huffed in frustration and pushed the box back onto the shelf. Just as I turned around Reece came out looking like he could care less about the detentions he probably just received. But what caught my eye was his backpack. It was unzipped halfway and inside sat the familiar striped cover of our notebook. 

My mouth hung open as I stared at him. Reece Matthews had our notebook. Well poop nuggets. He smirked when he saw me staring.

"Like what you see?" he said huskily as he walked out of the office. 

I hurried after him. "Yes, actually I do," he rose an eyebrow. "That's my notebook," I pointed inside his backpack.

He shrugged. "So?"

I looked at him incredulously. "So it's mine. Give it back," I demanded, holding out my hand. 

He looked at me and smirked. "No."

"No? What do you mean 'no'? Give it back!" I stomped my foot. He stopped.

His eyebrows rose at my childishness and he grinned. "Or what?" he challenged.

My blood was starting to boil. "Why do you even want it?" I asked instead.

"Well, I've seen you, Aria, and Renee passing this around in the hallways. I've read a few pages and there are three different hand writings in here. So it belongs to not only you but Aria and Renee, correct?" I narrowed my eyes, not sure where he was going with this. "And judging by what you guys have talked about in this notebook, I imagine there are some things that you would not like others to hear, am I right?" I clenched my fists at my side and he saw that at his sign to keep going. "So, the question is, what would you three girls do for me to get this notebook back?" he asked stepping even closer to me. 

"You want to black mail us?" I seethed.

He smirked. "Why would I give up something that I could use to control two of the hottest girls in school?" Ouch, that one hurt. It's not like I wanted him to call me hot, but then again, wasn't he indirectly calling me ugly?

"You are so-" I struggled to find the perfect word to insult him. There were just too many choices.

"Hot? Sexy? Amazing? Dreamy? I could go on and on."

"Evil!" Seriously, Lilah? That's the one you chose. I mentally smacked myself.

He smirked. "Great insult, babe. Very intimidating," he said as he pinched my cheek.

I smacked his hand away. "Don't call me 'babe'," I spat. 

"Oooh, fiesty," I scowled at him. He leaned in close. "I'll see you later, Lilah," he whispered my name in my ear. I gasped, and of course he smirked and walked away.

I was about to be surprised he knew my name but then I remembered he stole our notebook! He already knows Aria and Renee, so process of elimination right? Ugh, I was going to get that notebook back. I wouldn't just let him control us.

Oh no, I was not going to let the bad boy get away with stealing our notebook.

****************************

What do you think? Continue or no?

Thanks to brilliant-brun3tt3 for the fabulous cover on the side! ---->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

824K 24.5K 68
"He's lucky I let him live!" He kicks the chair he was sitting on, "I can't stand the thought of anyone hurting you." He takes slow steady steps towa...
1.3M 66.7K 37
We all have someone who is hidden in the bottom of our hearts. When we think of him, we will always feel a little pain inside, but still we can't for...
3.1M 78.1K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
51K 1.8K 42
I suddenly crashed to the floor, my papers flying everywhere "Watch where you're going, Jesus!" The middle one said and kept walking. "Hey, asshole...