I'm The Alpha

By shruthii

"I don't want you to mark me" I said quickly. "Why?" he asked me, his tone seemed calm but i knew he was far... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 44

262K 7.7K 1K
By shruthii

Hi….

Presenting Chapter 44 which is dedicated to @EJAL31773 for the cover on the side:D:D

******

“No one ever told me that grief

felt so like fear.”

-C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“Shit” Keith muttered.

“What happened?” Rett asked confused.

“It’s Marissa” I heard him reply when I was about to jump out of the window towards Theo’s school.

We spotted Marissa lying close to the road. There was blood pouring from her wound in the head. It looked like she was forcefully pushed against a tree. I started panicking when I noticed Theo wasn’t with her.

 “Where is Theo?” I screamed.

“Glen… He took my baby” she sobbed and pointed her finger to her north before fainting. That was all I needed to run.

If Glen does anything to Theo then the fight will begin right then and there.

Rett, Keith, Cam and Terence were all running with me.

We were following his scent and by now we were out of the town and into some interior region of the pack.

“That’s Theo’s uniform shirt” Keith said pointing at the white shirt that was fallen near a tree. His white shirt that had blood spattered in it but it wasn’t Theo’s it was Marissa’s.

“Theo” I screamed loudly when I saw that.

My knees started shaking automatically. I was shivering and my heart was thumping loudly.

“Theo” everyone started screaming his name.

We kept on screaming and yelling his name again and again. Suddenly there was a very large gust of wind. It was almost like a storm.

The trees around us started shaking and dust flew everywhere around us.

When a tree was about to fall on me Rett pulled me towards him and held me tightly in his arms but that didn’t stop me from calling for Theo. I gasped when the tree fell on the ground in a thud almost blocking our path. The wind blew the dead leaves around us. It was difficult to stand straight and face the wind. Keith and Terence were holding on to a tree. Whenever we would try to run away the storm would block our path and hit right at us.

That was when I realized the wind was being controlled. It was Glen who was doing this. He control’s wind. He can control the wind just like I can control the water.

Few seconds later it all stopped.

“What the hell was that?” Terence asked.

“Glen” Rett said looking at me and I nodded.

“He has powers?” Keith asked horrified.

“Yeah” I said slowly. It only meant that though he wasn’t able to shift during day time he can control the wind. How the hell do I fight against him now?

“Theo” I screamed his name again.

“Girlfriend” there was a reply so soft from Theo that if I wasn’t a shifter I wouldn’t have been able to hear it.

“Theo” I screamed again running in the direction where his voice came.

“I’m… t-trapped” he stuttered and I stopped running only to stand frozen in my spot when I found Theo.

Everything felt numb for me. I could sense Glen’s presence here that had my wolf growling softly. He was gone, for now.

There was a thick metal chain around his neck which was connected to a fountain tree. His hands and legs were cuffed. He was standing on a branch at least ten foot above us. The branch he was standing was so weak that it would break any second killing Theo instantly.

One wrong move on the savior’s part then Theo would be dead.

I fell on my knees when I saw him like that. I inhaled sharply and then let out a breath when I saw it. I could hear my heart pounding in my ears. Tears started forming in my eyes when I saw him like that.

I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t save Theo and I felt weak.

His hazel eyes were staring back at me. He was crying and looking at me, made more tears appear in his eyes. He was silently asking for my help and I… couldn’t. I was trembling.

“Don’t panic sweetheart we are going to save you” Keith said.

Whenever Glen had attacked before it was never on people I was very close with and so I was capable of fighting them but today standing so close to death was Theo, my baby.

I love him a lot.

I am very much attached to Theo. I may not be his mother but I had taken care of him. I would sometimes go to his room and tell him bed time stories in the night; I would train him to fight so that he was capable to protect himself in future.

I used to attend all the annual day functions in his school along with Marissa. I would play with him. I used to babysit him. I used to watch cartoon movies with him. I still remember the drawing he did for me on my birthday.

He means a lot to me and I had grown very fond of him in the years. It was because of his cries that I had entered into the dungeon that day, six years ago. It was because of him that I had even tried breaking that window and entering the dungeon.

Now seeing him here, like this, it felt like a part of me was dying.

I was still kneeling on the ground while Rett ran and started climbing a tree that was close to this fountain tree in which Theo was tied. He couldn’t climb the fountain tree because little pressure from him the branch would break.

I closed my eyes when I heard the sounds of branch croaking. The branch looked like it would break even if Theo sighs.

Terence and Keith stood right below where Theo was tied.

“Don’t move, okay pup?” Keith said to him.

“We are here to hold you, but just don’t move” Terence said to him very carefully. Cam was beside me with his arms wrapped around my shoulders.

“I’m coming just hold on okay?” Rett said to Theo.

I saw Rett stretching his arms to the metal chain. His claws were out and it would be enough to break the chain provided he does it carefully.

Before Rett’s claws could connect against the chain, I closed my eyes shut not able to watch it.

“They have him” Cam said.

Opening my eyes I saw Keith dropping Theo carefully to the ground.

“Girlfriend” he screamed and rushed towards me. I tried my best not to flinch when I saw the mark in his neck caused by those metal chains.

I spread my arms and held him tightly in my arms when he was close to me. Holding Theo soothed me. The fear that I felt since this morning finally calmed down.

I ran my fingers through his blonde hair repeatedly.

“Theo” I heard Marissa calling. She and Jan came near us.

“Mama” Theo said.

“Oh baby” she sobbed and I let Theo go to her. She hugged him tightly and kissed all over his face. “My baby is safe” she said repeatedly calming herself.

“He is fine” Rett said wrapping his arms around my waist. I looked at him and hugged him tightly closing my eyes to compose myself.

“Thank-you” I told him. Rett didn’t reply but just pressed me closer to his chest.

I just realized one thing today, when it came to save the people I love, I would panic and I would go weak. They are my greatest strength and they are my greatest weakness also.

It was for the first time I felt weak after years. I almost forgot the feeling but now, it was back knocking the breath out of my lungs.

My hands were tied and I was trapped. I couldn’t move.

If Glen came to know about this then I am doomed. And by now I think he already knows.

I wanted to be alone. Away from everyone and that was why I was sitting in the rock and staring at the ocean.

I wasn’t meditating either. I just wanted to be alone.

My knees were pressed against my chest and I was watching the waves rise and fall. I was like the waves, always rising but I seemed to forget that waves fall too. I almost forgot what it was like to fall down but after today I remember how much falling down hurts.

I wiped the tears from my cheeks and blinked rapidly.

I needed her to at least hear her voice because it will comfort me. I needed my mother.

Sniffing and wiping my cheeks with the back of my hands I sat in the lotus position and kept my hands on my knees.

I closed my eyes and started the breathing exercise but I couldn’t concentrate. At the start I was crying and so I stopped and then composed myself. Even then it was difficult for me to concentrate.

After a long time I started getting pictures of the place in the woods were Theo was tied.  I didn’t want to recall that again. I wanted to talk to the goddess but all I could get was only that images.

I shook my head and finally opened my eyes because the images were continuously popping in my head. It didn’t help me concentrate. It was difficult to push the thought aside.

Growling loudly, I dived into the ocean.

My whole body was shaking with anger and hence the waves were dangerously large. When I dived inside the ocean, I could literally see the fishes going away from me. They would look at me and go away sensing my mood.

Scowling once, I swam towards the shore and then ran to the place where Theo was tied.

I was soaking wet and my hair was damp but I didn’t let that bother me.

Looking around I could sense Glen’s presence here but it was a long time ago. It was in the morning and now the sun was ready to set.

The branch that he made Theo to stand in was there.

A very frustrated growl came from my chest and I jumped and ripped the branch apart from the tree. I then broke that branch into pieces. If there is no such branch than he won’t be able to tie anyone again like that. If Glen wanted to kill Theo then he could have done it even before I blinked. I knew his intention wasn’t to kill Theo; he just wanted me to get scared and I did too.

My chest was rising and falling from the heavy breaths that I was taking. I ran my fingers through my hair roughly and looked around. “What did you keep this time?” I yelled loudly.  I closed my eyes and concentrated on all the sounds around me.

I could hear the fluttering of leaves from the breeze. The light flapping of the dead leaves on the ground. Faint noise coming from some insects on the ground and slight clanking sound.

What was that?

I concentrated more on that clanking noise and it looked like two metal objects clashing against each other. It was silver, the piece of statue clanking against what?

And the noise was coming from the same fountain tree to which Theo was tied to.

I looked above and sure there was a black cloth tied to one of the branches.

I climbed the tree quickly and went and slashed the whole branch from the tree. Jumping down I went and untied the cloth from the branch and opened it.

Sure, there was the last two pieces of the statue kept.

The nose and the lips. I traced my fingers on the lips of the silver statue slowly.

But that was not the only thing in the bundle.

There was a letter in it addressed to “WHITE WOLF”, addressed to me.

ONE WEEK LATER

“Oh dear” I said smiling when I saw everyone in my pack waiting for us.

After all the pieces of the statue were collected I showed them to my pack and since it was done we decided to come back to Waterwave pack. I did make peace with Teresa while I came back, in fact even Trudy and Terence did but Alan, well he was a different case. He didn’t even look at me in the eye when I went to their house. He was scared, anyone could sense that.

And as for Abby, I just waved at her which she returned a little hesitantly.

The statue needed to be reformed and so we were here, back in our pack.

 “What’s the total number?” Rett asked me.

Egan and Sam were instructed to look after the Greenrock pack since Rett and Terence had come with us.

“Two hundred and sixteen but two… ah, no since Sveta is also expecting, three of our she-wolves are pregnant… so make that two hundred and nineteen” I told Rett who was sitting in the driver’s seat.

After lots and lots of begging done by Ben, I finally gave my Arrogant to him for driving.

“Cool” Rett said and got out of the car.

He came all the way over and opened the passenger door. As soon as I stepped out of the car there was a huge cheer from the crowd.

I felt like a celebrity when they did that. I smiled and waved at them.

Rett wrapped his arms around my waist pressing me closer to him. I looked up and smiled at me.

“This is my pack” I told him and he nodded smilingly.

I turned around and saw Jan and Terence getting out of their car. I winked at Jan and she just rolled her eyes. Jan and Terence also mated along with Keith and Trudy so luckily; all the teasing had stopped for me. It was their turn now.

Jan ran ahead to hug Mike and I followed. “It’s good to have my daughters back” he said hugging both of us and kissing the top of our heads.

“My baby has grown up” Ana said wiping her tears and hugging Jan.

Everyone was having a reunion.

Normally we used to return within two weeks but for the first time we stayed in a pack for more than a month.

Exactly sixty three days.

The older ladies of the pack, mostly Ophelia’s friends were all asking me about Everett and I had to introduce him to almost everyone in the pack.

“My whole body is aching from all the hugging” Jan whined when we were climbing the stairs of the pack house.

“How about I massage it?” Terence whispered in her ears and I groaned.

“Sister here” I said covering my ears with my hand and he said something about doing it with my own mate but I didn’t hear it because, I and Rett already used our werewolf speed to go to the seventh floor.

“This is my heaven” I said pushing the door to my room. “And you should be flattered that I let you come here.” I said dropping my handbag on the coffee table.

Rett just rolled his eyes and turned around to lock the door.

“Did you like it here?” I asked walking towards him and wrapping my arms around his neck.

“The people are good, friendly and they love you” he said picking me up so that my legs were wrapped around his waist. His fingers slowly and seductively trailing below the hem of my dress.

“I know they love me and they will love you too” I said kissing him. He kissed me back and strode towards the bed settling me on it.

He removed my cardigan while I started undoing the buttons of his shirt without breaking the kiss.

I pulled away and swallowed when I heard his quick shallow breaths. His blue eyes were turning dark and I smiled. Watching his eyes turn dark was exciting me.

I slid of my sandals when he threw his shirt away. Pleased, I lied back on the bed and he got over me.

“I love you” I whispered cupping his face in my hands. He didn’t reply, he didn’t need to because I could see the love he had for me in those pacific eyes which were now a darker shade of black.

We kissed and messed around for some time before he stripped me off my clothes and made love to me. But I couldn’t get a good sleep after that. All I could think about was what is going to happen in the next forty-eight hours.

When I used to close my eyes I would recall what had happened when I found that letter.

The letter was addressed to “WHITE WOLF”, addressed to me.

I opened the letter and read it.

WHEN WE BOTH ARE EQUAL, LET’S FINISH THIS WHERE IT ALL STARTED

-Your Death, Ryker.

The words were typed in a paper. Glen had kept it there for me.

I growled and crushed the paper. I am going to be his death, not the other way.

Once I had calmed down, i opened the crumpled piece and read it again. I didn’t get what he meant by it.

What does he mean when we both are equal? I thought to myself.

We both are equal after the sunset because only then he is capable of shifting and now the sun was about to set.

That means he is about to attack in the cliff because that is where this all started.

I ran like my whole body was on fire.

I would not let Glen hurt anyone again.

Once I was in the cliff I looked around but he was nowhere.

“Where the hell is he?” I said looking around.

I waited there until the sun had set for Glen, but he didn’t come.

It was almost an hour later that I decided to go home because he was not there. But I had asked Rett to warn his pack and I had warned mine to stay alert.

I sighed and tried to shake that memory off.

I slowly got up from the bed.

“Where are you going?” Rett asked me when I was pulling the t-shirt down.

“I need to reform the statue” I said.

“Now?” he asked me frowning. “Why now? It’s dark” he pointed.

“I’ve to go” I said and looked away hoping he couldn’t detect my heart beating rapidly. I didn’t have much time and I needed to reform the statue as soon as possible.

“Come back” he told me.

“Uh… Rett, I can’t” I said nipping my lower lip.

“If you don’t I’ll be angry” he said. Sighing, I got on the bed.

“Better?” I asked snuggling closer to him.

He tugged the shirt I was wearing and ripped it apart, “Much better” he said crashing his lips against mine while I giggled.

It was very early in the morning. The sun had not yet risen.

I slowly removed Rett’s hand from my waist and got up from the bed. He was sleepy and it was helpful. May be the long journey tired him out mainly because he drove all the way.

Dressing up quickly, I went downstairs. No one was up and I was glad for that.

I pushed door to my office and switched on my laptop. Through online, I booked a ticket for a speed boat.

I then opened the locker after entering the code.

There in a small sandalwood box in the locker were all the pieces of the statue that we had collected so far. I had given the last two pieces to Keith and he kept it in the box.

I inhaled loving the wonderful scent of the sandal and smiled. Opening the box, I looked at the pieces of the statue.

‘Keep me where I belong’ was what the Goddess had asked me to do.

I took the box with me and also picked a white satin cloth from the shelf and then walked towards the temple.

The first thing I saw was the moon flowers that were about to shrink when the sun rise. The flowers looked sad. I realized how Glen must feel when he loses his ability to shift in the morning. For the first time, I did feel bad for him. Losing your wolf is painful once you get used to it. But then shrugged that thought, he deserved it. If he was honestly guilty, then he wouldn’t have hurt Theo or anyone else.

Opening the door of the temple, I walked inside and looked at the statue.

I then recalled what Goddess had told me.

When Glen hadn’t showed up like I thought he would I knew all my questions would be answered only by the Goddess. I ran towards the ocean and then sat on the same rock.

I looked at the waning crescent moon in the sky. It was a very thin crescent in the sky. The day after tomorrow is a new moon day and hence there was only a thin line of silver in the sky.

I first prayed that I should be able to talk to her because I needed her now.

I then sat in my position and closed my eyes concentrating only on my breathing. Slowly, I felt like I was away from this world going to another.

The Goddess was there. She was sitting in a chariot today. The bright light emitting from her didn’t let me see her face.

“I found all the pieces” I told her first.

“Then I would love to go back to the place that is rightfully mine. Keep me where I belong” The Goddess said.

“There is already one statue there.” I told her because that was the statue I had placed after I took over as Alpha and for some unknown reason I didn’t want to change the statue.

“But that was made not found. The Alpha had found me beneath the ground when he was working. He had given me a place and then worshipped me as a mother.”

“What about the new statue, Does it not have any value?” I asked her.

“It does, that is why I wish you to join both and make one which is neither old nor new” she said.

“I should do it? How can I do it?”

“Use your gift to mend everything that is broken for one last time, my child and most importantly believe.”

Blinking rapidly, I looked at the new statue of the Goddess and then picked it up and walked towards the shore.

I sat facing the ocean where the moon was still visible in the morning sky.

I first placed the white cloth on the sand and then kept the new statue over it. I then kept the pieces of the old statue near the new one.

Closing my eyes, I sat in lotus position and started concentrating on my breathing.

This was the last time I can use my power to heal and I am proud to be using it for this cause.

*****

Hope you all liked it:D

And I have got exams the next week :C:’C  so… the next update on 30th Aug:D

Vote, comment and follow, if you liked it:D

And also Please Check out my new story.

Thanks :-*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118 0 12
I grabbed my wolfsbane kit from one of my shelves and got to work cleaning the wound. The sparks that flew up my hands as I tried to flush the wound...
3.2M 75.7K 38
"I said look at me," he growled as he grabbed my arm from the Gamma in a vice grip. I winced and finally looked up to his stunning grey eyes. 'Mate...
5.3M 201K 116
The edited version of this book is being updated under the name "That's Inappropriate, Mr. King." Twenty-two-year-old Anna wonders if she will ever f...
943 43 23
"I fucking want you, Thea." I've waited so long to hear those words come from his mouth. A sound leaves in return from the wolf, and no words need to...