A girl called A-18352: The St...

By HetaStuck_Is_Life

A young jewish girl promises to take care of her little sister in Auschwitz after their mother is murdered. T... More

Character Introduction
September 1st 1939
October 11 1939
Stars
Fur and hiding places.
Sisters
Nazis
Haya
The East
Out the chimney
Auschwitz
Life and death
Inspection
Winter
A new transport
Promise
Family
Alone
The Nazis
Allies
Courage
Epilouge
Thanks
Update

Among the Free

1.3K 53 3
By HetaStuck_Is_Life

Good God they're back! We can't have just lived this long for nothing!! Me and Ewa along with a few other ran up to the barb wire fence despite the frigid cold, my working arm wrapped protectively around Ewa. As they got closer though, I realized they were not wearing German uniforms! They were smiling! I allowed tears to trickle down my cheek a sob escaping my throat. Even when I heard "You are free!" being shouted I could not believe my ears.
All the pain, the hunger, all the suffering was finally over! I wanted to scream, how could we put all of this behind us? We couldn't, it's impossible.
But we have finally did it, all the effort and sacrifice, had paid off. We. Are. Alive. At that moment all I wanted to do was go home.
        We are no longer prisoners, We are 
Among the Free!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77K 1.9K 32
"Promise me that you will take care of her." Those were the last words that squad leader, Hanji Zoe had heard from her younger sister, Anna, before s...
Beneath A Broken Sky By K.L.

Historical Fiction

137 0 12
In 1940s Berlin, young Ayala Cohen's life is shattered when the Nazis violently uproot her close-knit Jewish family. After witnessing unspeakable atr...
299 0 15
It's 1941 and the Holocaust has just began. Many Jews and Gypsies are being taken from their homes and put into ghettos and then eventually camps. Th...
Of The Dark By Hi

Historical Fiction

82.4K 2.4K 17
She was a kind, everyday girl imprisoned under the tyranny of the Nazi regime. He was the self-righteous son of one of the most powerful men in the T...