Revenge is Near

De aliceblackbird

Although things may seem right, they never are. Tris and Four are still in Dauntless and they are very capab... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Message
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Message
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Message
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Message 😅💘
Chapter 32
More updates?

Chapter 26

2.7K 79 57
De aliceblackbird

A few days had gone by. Nothing much had happened. But that was the unexpected usual at Dauntless. If no one was training or working out, they were mostly lounging about. Most nights there were parties, although not all of them were big. I went to as many as I could but sometimes I was way too tired. Usually Eric didn't mind me going but ever since the 'incident' he was always cautious and would prefer if I didn't. And on top of that, he was always very protective and possessive

Everyone was still in their relationships, nothing had altered in that department. And I constantly had to put up with Freddy and Jamie whining about when they would get to see Elise and Liv again. It was cute though. 

Eventually I began stalking the three initiates; Alex, Morgan (girl) and Rick. And so far I hadn't seen anything suspicious, so that had me at ease. For, I would not know what to do if they showed any signs of divergence. I mean, would I help them secretly or would I hand them to Eric? 

I was down in the Hall having lunch with Jem, Matisse and Amy. I had something to announce and I was so eager to speak but the girls would not stop asking me questions about leadership. 

"So what's it like?"

"What secrets to you know?"

"Tell us everything!"

"We promise not to tell anyone else". 

"Guys, guys. Calm down" I said, "I can't tell". 

"Oh c'mon Lize! We are your best friends" Amy whined, wanting to know everything I knew. 

"I'm sorry Amz, I just can't tell you guys anything yet. It's all top secret" I explained sorrily. 

Amy huffed. 

"Anyway," I began, turning away from her and facing the others. "I have some exciting news that involves one of you". 

Curiousness washed over the girls' faces. 

I smiled wide, showing all of my teeth, letting out a little bit of a squeal. 

"What is it!?" Matisse argued, wanting to know. 

"Ok..." I took a deep breath, I knew how happy this was going to make Jem. "Jem... You have been accepted to take part in training the initiates!" 

She was speechless, she sat there with her mouth open. 

"Whooo, go Jem" Amy congratulated, although I could tell what she had said was forced. 

"Are you serious!?" Jem asked. "Do I really get the job!?"

"Yes!" I replied. "You're going to be working with a guy named Seb. He is only a few years older than us". 

Jem was over the moon. But I could tell that Matisse and Amy weren't too happy. Not because they wanted the job but because they weren't happy with theirs

"I wish I had a job that I actually loved" Matisse spoke, bashing her fist against the table, making a few drops from her drink become airborne. 

"Same here. All I do is work at a stinky piercing parlour" Amy added depressingly. 

"And I am always away, guarding the stupid fence. Nothing ever happens anyway" Matisse continued along the lines of her misery. 

Jem and I looked at the girls sorrowfully. Knowing how much they disliked their jobs. Amy worked non-stop, just cleaning. Because apparently she wasn't qualified enough to actually pierce people. And Matisse was away a lot. She hated it because she always missed us and Edward. Also, she got hardly any sleep when she was out at the fence. 

"Well I've gotta go," I said awkwardly. "But if you guys want I can try get you different jobs. I mean I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard". 

Matisse shrugged. Obviously a no from her. 

"Na, it's fine Lize. We don't really know what else we want to do yet" Amy replied. 

"Ok, well let me know if you need anything" I offered as I stood up. "Oh, and turn those frowns upside down" I attempted, with a big smile before walking away. I felt bad. Because it was now my fault they  were down in the dumps. 

I made my way to Eric's apartment. I was planning on going to see him for it felt as though I hadn't seen him for ages. Ages meaning a day or less. But still, seeing each other at least a few times a day had become a common thing for us. 

I didn't bother knocking. He had said I didn't need to because I was his girlfriend and such. So I just walked straight in. 

"Eric?" I called out, dragging his name out. 

I heard a rummaging come from his bedroom, followed by my name being called out in hype. 

He came running out from his room holding a box. He had a big smile on his face, a hint of evil submerged in it. What made me curious was the way he held the box, as if it was a new puppy that he had been dying to get. What the hell is going on...

"It's here, it's here" he almost squealed in the state of his exhilaration. 

He was seriously acting like a little boy, he couldn't stop smiling. I laughed at his cheerfulness... 

Before it hit me... 

The device was in the box. The special divergent targeting device. The only thing that could bring me down, was in that very box, right in Eric's arms. 

I felt my stomach drop and my blood pressure rise. And my heart... My heart was pounding away like a non-stop earthquake within my chest. My heart paced as if it was running for it's life. And in actual reality I did want to run for my life. 

I stood still, feet fixed to the ground. I tried to resemble his excitement. 

He pulled the device out of the box. "Jeanine sent them to a team of Dauntless. You got one too" he spoke as he set it up. 

It was a hand held device with five strange prongs pointing out to the sides. He pressed a button and it came to life. 

"It's simple to use. You just hold it in front of a persons head and it tells you what percentage divergent they are" Eric continued, admiring it. "Isn't that amazing? Now we don't have to put energy into finding out whether someone is divergent". 

I nodded, smiling nervously. He didn't seem to notice my edgy-ness. 

"C'mon, let me try it on you" he said playfully, taking a few steps closer to me. 

I jerked my head away and almost sprinted onto the other side of the room. But he didn't sense anything. He just laughed, thinking this was a fun game to me. As if we were just playing 'tag'. 

He continued trying to test me, giggling a lot. I wasn't though. I was truly mortified. I was internally screaming. 

Eventually I ran into the kitchen, seeking refuge. But that was a big mistake. He cornered me. 

"Ah-hah!" he grinned. "You've been cornered Ms Turner" he joked as he held the thing up to my face. 

I couldn't fight him, there was no way. I just braced myself for the worst. 

I watched his face through the device. A light blue light shone, making it's way around in one full circle. This was it... I felt sick. I felt guilty. I already felt dead

Divergent: 75 percent, a robotic voice revealed. 

Eric's face turned cold. Ice cold. His smile had disappeared. He was in a state of disbelief, his mouth slightly ajar. He looked at the device, then at me, then back at the device, then back at me. He was trying to figure out what had happened. All of a sudden his 'perfect' girlfriend had changed. She was now his enemy. His eyebrows closed in on each other. He was frowning at the device in anger. Then his eyes flicked to me. I was cowering, almost sinking down onto my knees. His look hadn't changed though, his eyes were full of rage, mixed with confusion and distraught. And it was then, looking into his eyes, that I noticed their glossiness. He was almost in tears. 

At this point I wasn't sure if he would kill me or just hurt me. Or just leave me. 

He stepped away from me, as if I was a monster. A monster to him. 

I began to cry. I felt terrible. I never asked for this! I thought. I sunk down onto the ground. Sitting there in a mess, knees tucked close to my face that surely had streaks of mascara running down it by now. 

I wasn't looking at him. That's how ashamed I felt. I could feel the anger coming from him. I could feel his sadness. I could read his mind, How could you let me down...

I sobbed a little more. Great, now he probably thinks even worse of you. I began to think. Stop crying, pull yourself together and look him in the eyes.

Just as I was about to look at him I saw something out of my peripheral vision. It was his arm! Was he lending me a hand to help me up? Does he still love me? 

I had hope. Not a lot but just a little. 

But I realised all that hope was lost when I finally looked up at him... 

My body froze,

 as I eyed the gun in his hand. The gun that was pointing,

straight    at     me

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

162K 15.3K 30
"သူက သူစိမ်းမှ မဟုတ်တာ..." "..............." "အဟင်း..ငယ်သူငယ်ချင်းလို့ပြောရမလား..အတန်းတူတက်ခဲ့ဖူးတဲ့ အတန်းဖော်လို့ ပြောရမလား...ဒါမှမဟုတ်..ရန်သူတွေလို...
17.7K 596 28
روايه اماراتيه تتكلم عن مثايل وحيده امها وابوها الي عانت من الم الانفصال الام : نوره الاب : محمد تاريخ الكتابه : 19/3/2023 تاريخ التنزيل : ..
5.3M 46.3K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
334K 19.3K 41
You live in a different time zone Think I know what this is It's just the time's wrong