After Shock ⚡️ The Flash

By floralveins_

Gwen Oswald was just a normal girl who studied psychiatry. Until, one night she was out late and something te... More

«Note/Please Read»
«Before The Flash»
«New Day, So They Say»
«Upgrade 1.0»
«S.T.A.R. Labs»
«Here We Are»
«Clarity and Focus»
«Tired»
«Good Times»
«Lucifer»
«Scream to Save Yourself»
«Upgrade 2.0»
«Action»
«Forbidden»
«Alone»
«Into the Void»
«Not Forgotten»
«1997 1.0»
«Not Quite Yet»
«1997 2.0»
A/N UPDATEEEE PLEASE READ
«Fade»
«Weight in Gold»
«Bad Machine»
«Jumbled»
Fragile

«After Shock 1.0»

969 43 4
By floralveins_

«After Shock 1.0»

Cisco came in behind Barry and placed a hand on his shoulder. As soon as the Flash brought in Gwen, they took her off, and two hours later she is just now wrapping up surgery. Barry stood in the waiting room and glared at himself in the window and then glanced at Cisco.

"The doctors said she'll be fine..." Cisco mumbled. He hoped that Barry would turn around to look at him to make sure he was okay and that after this all was over that he would be okay.

"I know she is..." Barry mumbled and finally turned around. Cisco spotted some blood on his neck and he pulled his friend over to the small waiting room bathroom and knocked on the door before opening it up and pulling Barry in.

"You can't be going around with Blood on your neck," Cisco said and took a paper towel and started to dab away the blood while Barry allowed him. He hated the fact that Gwen was so badly hurt and he was here letting Cisco wipe away her blood. Her blood. Seeing her on the ground in that basement made him want to puke.

"Thanks Cisco..."

"Yeah sure, what are friends for? To get blood off that's what." He chuckled out, but Barry didn't smile at his attempt to make him laugh.

They exited the bathroom and Barry gazed around the waiting room, seeing people read their magazines, and play on their phones, while waiting for their news of whoever they are spending time here for.

It was inevitable, Barry thought. Gwen was someone special, someone strong, and he knew that when people got close to them then harm would follow. It was inevitable, just like all these people waiting here.

Caitlin came in followed by Dr. Wells rolling behind him. She carried a sad face and a cardboard carrier with four coffees. Barry took his seat in the middle of the room and the rest gathered around him.

"Any news?" Dr. Wells asked, trying to mask his nerves.

Cisco shook his head for Barry. "The nurse said they were wrapping up surgery. We won't be able to see her for awhile."

Caitlin slightly nodded and then sat down the coffees on a table. "Did anyone contact the two friends?"

Barry looked up and glared at the clock. It was two in the morning... It's been almost been six hours since he last saw Elijah and Sophia. They are probably worried sick about Gwen; Elijah already not liking Barry was not going to help this situation.

"Crap... No, but we were hanging out with them before this all happened. I should call them..."

The waiting room door opened and Joe came in wearing a black snow cap on his head. Barry and him made eye contact and Joe tilted his head up to greet him.

"How you holding up, Bar?" Joe asked and stood next to Caitlin.

"I am okay... Did you guys find anything at the scene?" Barry questioned. Joe bit the inside of his cheek and shurgged.

"We kind of need you to look for anything really, but the warehouse was once used as a holding place for containers. About three years ago they were shut down and moved to a new location. Right now we are trying to find the old owners. Also, we found a van parked behind the room you said was fixed up and found this inside of it." Joe explained and then pulled out a silver iphone. Joe reached over and handed it to Barry.

He turned it on and saw a picture of Gwen with Sophia; they were both smiling and Gwen's eyes were looking over towards the other direction. He felt the back of the phone and flipped it over to find the case being a collage of photos. His lips started to curve up as he looked at all the photos.

There was one of Gwen and Elijah together. Her head was leaned against his shoulder; both of them are laughing, happily together.

"I can call the friends for you, Barry..." Caitlin suggested. Barry bounced his eyes up and then nodded.

"Yeah thanks. Their names are Elijah and Sophia."

Caitlin nodded and Barry handed the phone to her and then she left the waiting room.

Dr. Wells adjusted himself in his wheelchair and then smiled, trying to keep his lies hidden deep down.

"I am going to go get some food at the cafeteria. Want anything while you wait?" Harrison asked and glanced back and forth between Barry and Cisco. They both shook their head and waited for him to leave. Cisco reached down and picked up a coffee from CC Jitters. He handed on to Barry and patted his back.

"Don't worry we are going to get who did this."

"Yes," Joe agreed, "Bar can you explain what happened before Gwen was kidnapped."

Barry looked up at him and took a sip of the coffee. It was warm just like Gwen's hand was against his chest. She was there is his arms, breathing, and he did it; although he almost was too late, he did it. Gwen was safe and is going to be okay. Soon, he could touch her hand and it feel warm against his chest again. That's all he wanted.

"Barry?" Joe snapped at him with his finger and Barry looked up and gave a weak and forceful smile.

"Uh yeah sorry... Um. Gwen was at this new club with her two friends and I kind of tagged myself along, because she wasn't enjoying it—" He started and then thought back to the crowded room again. "—anyway she went to the restroom and I knew something was wrong, I guess? So I followed her and when she came out of the bathroom I saw someone emerge from behind and he wrapped a wire around her throat. It was a big man, but he had a hood on, and the place was crowded and dark, so I couldn't see much..."

Joe nodded along while scratching down notes. "Yes we found three set of footprints and the wire. We found Gwen's blood on one of the knives, but the rest are so clean it's almost freaky."

Cisco cocked a brow. "Horror movie freaky?"

Joe sighed. "About right," he paused, "Don't worry Bar–we are going to get this guy."

"I know you will and once Gwen is out of surgery and okay I will come help."

Joe flipped the notepad up and stuck it in the coat pocket and nodded. He reached down and laid his hand on Barry's shoulder, giving his comfort like he always did when things were getting tough. Things were getting tough, but in a way Barry really didn't want to happen–not yet at least.

"I am going to head out. Iris just got back with Eddie from their trip away or whatever..." Joe smiled through his teeth and glanced at Cisco with his caring eyes. It signal what Cisco understood–take care of Barry.

Once Joe left, Caitlin came quickly in and handed Barry back the phone. Her shoulders were slumped and some strands of her hair was misplaced as if she was really sweating.

"Gwen's friend..." She exhaled and inhaled quickly. "Can talk a lot... Her and a guy named Elijah are on their way here. They were super worried you had hurt her or something." She chuckled in amusement.

"Thanks. Yeah they are really good friends of hers. Elijah was probably the one that assumed I would hurt her." He smiled and leaned back into his chair, clasping his hands together in his lap.

"Why do you say that?" Cisco questioned and watched Caitlin take a seat next to Barry. She picked up the extra coffee and looked at Barry then glanced behind Barry's head to see Cisco.

"For an ex-boyfriend he's just really protective..." Barry mumbled, thinking about Gwen ever being with Elijah. He was not really jealous–maybe far from that, but he was more upset that they had this relationship where after they broke up they can still be best friends.

"Aww Barry... I understand, but for those we love we have to protect. It's just wired in us..." Caitlin smiled and placed her hand on top of Barry's arm and squeezed it. Barry moved his eyes over to hers and smiled.

She exhaled. "And I think when you start wanting to protect someone, no matter what it is, that's when you know you love them. So, Elijah could still love Gwen and it can be in anyway. It's for him to decide whether it's friendly or more–just like for any of us that feel the need to protect someone..."

Barry watched the door and really started to think. He wanted to protect Gwen, but he wanted to protect every one in his life. He already knew the limit of love he felt for most of the people in his life, but for Gwen he didn't really know if he did love her in anyway. Love was thing he really didn't have time to think about because his life was spent fighting off people who didn't share any love. It was thing that made him feel confuse and when it came to actually loving someone it didn't turn out well. What is so different with Gwen?

***

Barry stood outside the room door. His eyes glued to the plastic plate that had the number R105 and read Critic Unit underneath.

His hands rested inside his jacket pockets while he stood outside her room. She was in there, laying motionless, having wires come out through her hospital gown like they were part of her. His eyes watched her outside the room through the little window, because Barry was scared.

"You know it would be okay if you wanted to sit by her," a nurse came up next to him. He glanced down and looked at the short woman with beautiful dark skin.

"I find it that the patients cope better when their loved ones are near by." She mumbled and hugged a clip board against her chest.

Barry opened his lips to say something, but the nurse stopped him by opening the room door for him.

"Go in... I can tell you want to, so make it fast before anyone else comes by to disturb you. I will try my best to hold off anyone else."

Barry didn't say anything, but simply nod and smile before walking into the small room and feeling the door close behind him. He looked back to see the nurse gesturing for him to go on.

So he did. He turned around towards Gwen. His heart was racing like no other time before. Was it nerves? He was nervous–from sweat pooling in his palms to his stomach trying to reach out. But his heart was racing because of Gwen looked so peaceful and content while laying there.

He steadily went over towards the left side of her hospital bed while trying to ignore the beeping of her heart monitor.

A chair was already next to her, probably been used already by people who care about her. Sophia... Elijah... Whoever else loved Gwen. Barry didn't know much about the people around her, besides the ones that spent time with her while he was there. So why was he aching so much for a girl he barely knew?

"Gwen." He started, but stopped. The sound of the heart monitor felt in synch with his own heart beat. What would he say? How could he talk to someone he didn't really know how to talk? How could he talk to someone about how this fault...

He started again. "This is so weird for me..."

"I mean you have been in my life for a few weeks, but for you it's been less than two weeks. So I am trying to think if I actually belong here or not. I mean there is people here that really care about you and I am probably wasting their time by babbling about this whole situation."

He paused and leaned back in the chair  and rested his head against his palm. "I am sorry I guess... I think we all got too excited and it seems that whenever someone comes near me I mess it up with destruction."

Barry gazed down at his lap. "We shouldn't have tricked you into you using your powers. You were doing fine without us..."

Gwen stirred around in the bed. Her arm reached over and dangled off the bed side. Barry sat up and cocked a brow in happiness.

"Gwen?" He mumbled to clear his voice.

A small, weak smile crept upon Gwen's face. Her voice was rough, but she forced herself to talk.

"I am glad you're here..." Gwen said and curled her fingers, opening her palm.

Barry took the hint and reached his hand out and placed it into her lap. Even from having lost a lot of blood, she was still very warm to him. He wrapped his fingers around her soft skin and smiled.

"Did you hear all that?" He whispered towards her.

Gwen rolled her head towards his direction and scrunched up her face. A cough escaped her lips and Barry quickly stood up to help her adjust herself in the bed. She groaned out and gestured for him to sit back down. She didn't let go of his hand.

"So you like to stalk girls then save them from a maniac?" She uttered and then coughed again. Her throat was sore and the bandage around her neck was itching against her skin.

Barry scooted the chair closer to the bed and leaned his chin against the bed arm rest while still holding her hand.

"We knew you were a meta-human for awhile... I am sorry if it wasn't–"

Gwen reached her other hand up to stop him. "Save it okay? I am too tired to argue about this, but thank you..."

Barry sat back up. "For what?"

Gwen struggled to keep her eyes open. The pain killers in her system were making her really sleepy. It felt good to actual want to fall asleep without having anxiety run through her mind. Plus, the doctors took of her braces and her forearms could finally breathe.

"Well–for saving me... For showing me..." She yawned and Barry could tell that she was slipping away. "For being The Flash... For giving me a chance I guess... I couldn't do it without you and the others..." She finished with her eyes closed.

Barry sat still for a moment. He took in how she breathed along with the heart monitor–with his own breathing. She was so remarkable...

Her hand slipped away from his and Barry picked it up and placed it against her side then stood up from the chair. A smile appeared on his lips and he watched Gwen warily for awhile before leaving to go find out whoever did this to her–and he is dedicated in doing so...

***
Two updates in a day!!! Go me!!

So if you haven't noticed there is some chapter with 1.0 after! That means these chapters will be two parts+!

I love Barry and Gwen in this so much even though it's just a little part... I wonder where their relationship will lead????

Do you ship them??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.5K 1K 35
Amy og Niall lover hverandre at det kun er de to som er i livene deres. Niall elsker Amy så høyt, men Amy er derimot usikker...
29.7K 734 51
" I love you and I will never let anything hurt you again" Alec said as he buried his head in the crook of her neck
127K 2.2K 24
Angelica "Angel" Lopez is a senior at Freeridge High School that that falls for none other than Oscar Diaz the leader of the Santos gang.
1.8K 29 8
(Y/N) is the Princess of Japan. One day an old friend of her mom and her family comes to (Y/N) birthday party. The only thing (Y/N) want's for her bi...