Second Chance At Life. Second...

De IrishShewolf

Katie Knight found her mate at the age of 16 and were madly in love. But when he dies after a rogue attack he... Mai multe

Second Chance At Life.Second Chance At Love
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight

Chapter Three

20K 747 30
De IrishShewolf

Edited

I was fuming along with my wolf. How dare he! I speed down the road. Crap, where are we going to go? One things for sure. No way in hell am I going back there tonight.

I look in the rearview mirror to see most of my kids sleeping. We have been driving for about an hour looking for a motel. I drive into the nearest town and find a cheap motel. I then buy two adjoining rooms. With the help of Damien I carry the little ones into the rooms and place them on the beds.

Once everyone is in bed and asleep I put the kettle on. I sit down in a brown smelly armchair. I wrinkle my nose in disgust. On second thoughts I won't. I stand up and look around. I spot a stool stuck in the corner. That will do. I pour my coffee and look at my watch. 7:11am

I groan and rub my hands on my face. I'll let the kids sleep for a few hours and then we will train. What? You think that just because we are in another ones territory we wouldn't have our regular training. No it's a routine and the kids are used to it by now.

I hold the mug in between my hands savouring the warmth. I think back to what happened a few hours earlier. First he accepted me. He told me he would love me no matter what. He promised me he wouldn't get mad, now look where that got us. I grip the mug tighter to stop my shaking hands.

Maybe I was asking for to much? To be accepted aswell as my kids? He should have at least let me explain. I drink the rest of the hot liquid and decide to check on my babies. I look around the room. Mason, Jason, Holly and Molly are sleeping on one bed. The mates hands intertwined with small smiles on their faces.

I smile at the sight. Young love. In the bed across from them lie Dakota and Victor. When I know that they are okay I step into the next adjoining room. There are two beds and a cot. Dani and Rachel are sleeping in one bed facing each other. They must have dozed off while talking to each other.

Damien has a bed to himself. I walk silently over to the cot. I see the lump in the blankets and I gently pull it back. I gasp and my wolf stirs.

Josh is gone! I start to panic and I feel my eyes turn black signalling my wolf Rose has taken over. I sniff the air but relax when I sense he is still in the room. But where?

I walk closer to Damiens bed and lift the cover. I release a breath of relief but I couldn't help but chuckle.There tucked under Damiens arm is a softly snoring Josh. He looks so peaceful. Josh must have woken up and Damien let him sleep with him. I quietly exit the room.

I sit on a couch leaning up against the wall. I close my eyes and slowly relax and drift off into a dreamless sleep. I'm abruptly woken up by a knock on the door. I growl softly. The idiot is going to wake up my kids!

I rush into the next room where the sound is enimating from. I open the door before they knock loudly again. I am met with the Beta and who I believe to be the Third in Command. Thank the Moon Goddess it wasn't my mate. I don't want to see him just yet. My wolf starts to protest but I tune her out.

"What?" I snap.

"Please come back and train us? The rogues are getting stronger and are multiplying in numbers. We need to know how to fight properly." The Beta pleads.

"What are your names?"

"Beta Chris and Bryan is Third in Command." I nod and invite them in. They sit down on a couch keeping quiet when they see my sleeping children.

"So your pack is actually your family and kids?" Bryan asks.

I nod. "Yes."

"Impressive."

"We heard what the little girl said. She told us their story and how you became their mother. It's amazing really." The Beta glances at me.

"I love them."

They realise I don't want to talk but they still don't shut up. "What our Alpha said-"

"You can go now." I interrupt.

If they were going to talk their Alpha up and say that he didn't mean what he said then I don't want to hear it. They try pleading with me to come and train so I tell them I would have to ask my family first.

At 10:00 I wake the kids up. At 10:30 we were outside walking in the forest behind the motel. We come to a small clearing and they form two lines in front of me. Smaller ones in front, bigger kids at the back. When I'm training I'm "Alpha" not 'mum' or 'mummy'.

"Right everyone we have a decision to make." I look at the group in front of me.

"Do you want to train the Blue Blood pack?" I ask them. 

They seem deep in thought. I notice Damien looking troubled.

"Damien?" 

"Yes Alpha." 

"What is it?"

He sighs."I want to train them but after the way they treated you-" Everyone nods in agreement. I agree too but I don't want to find out that they were killed because they didn't know how to defend themselves.

"Yes but you must remember. It was the Alpha who treated us badly not the pack. We will not punish the pack for the Alpha's mistakes." They nod understanding.

"Okay, we will train the Blue Blood pack. Take no crap from anyone. You know what to do if they disrespect you because to them you are just children. But remember you are my children." I smirk.

"They will think little of you but ignore them. Do your best. Let's show them why we are legendary." Everyone smiles evilly.

"Ten laps around the clearing, go!" They take off and Josh walks over to me. He is only two but he is really smart and can walk and run like an athlete. He just needs more stamina.

"Five laps." He nods joining his brothers and sisters.

Once we are finished we do sit ups and push ups. I grab a log that had fallen. I pick it up easily and bring it back to the clearing. They each do fifty lifts with the log as a weight. Josh does ten. 

To finish training we play a game.

"Attention." They immediately form their lines.

Back straight. Legs apart. Hands loosely behind their back. Discipline.

"Sudden Death." They smile.

"Dani, Rachel" They nod and begin picking their teams and soon no one is left. On Dani's team: Damien, Jason, Holly, Molly. On Rachel's team: Dakota, Mason, Victor and Josh. Yes Josh plays it too.

The aim of the game is to attack the other team and steal their flag from their camp. I pull out two pieces of long cloth. One red and one blue. I hand the red to Dani and the blue to Rachel. They leave with their teams and set up camp and think of a strategy. They tie their cloth to a tree. The other team must take it and bring it back to me in order to win.

"Ten seconds!" I call through mindlink.

I count down and soon it begins. It ends just as fast with the blue team, Rachel's team being the winners. It was quite an entertaining game. You have to use your senses to locate your team mates and opponents. You have to be quiet and stealthy while walking through the undergrowth. And if you get caught you have to fight your way out.

Josh was able to sneak up and take the cloth without either of the teams noticing. He then handed it to me with a toothy grin.

"Attention." I call. The teams run to the clearing in their lines. I check the time. We have been out here for three hours. It's 1:30 now. I dismiss the training earning a kiss and hug as my kids leave. We walk back to the motel and pack up the van.

We arrive at the pack house an hour and a half later. I had called ahead to tell them we were coming to train.They were thrilled. When we drove up the driveway everyone was outside in their training gear.

I look around and growl. There were no females. I look back at the kids who are all dressed to train in shorts and tanktops. I step out with my kids in training mode. The Beta and Alpha are waiting outside. I walk up and I get straight to the point.

"Where the hell are the females?" I growl. Some males growl at my bluntness but they shut up when their Alpha lets out a warning growl. I ignore the shiver that racks my body. They bow their heads and mutter an apology.

I look at the Beta expectantly."They don't train." I roll my eyes.

"I came here to train the pack and now I find out that I'm only training half the pack?" I ask incredulously.

"Damien." I call. 

"Yes alpha?" He asks. 

"Get the women out here in one minute I'm counting." He takes off and I start my watch. Soon the women start pouring out all wearing their gear. I stop the watch.

"32.22 seconds." I look to Damien who shrugs.

"They were already ready Alpha." I nod.

Shaking my head I turn back to my mate.

" Treat the pack with respect they will treat you with respect. It works both ways."

"Right from now on it's men and women." I emphasise 'and'.

I notice some people staring at my children. "My children and pack will be training you for the next few weeks. You will treat them with respect and if you don't?" I smile evilly.

"Well then it's your funeral." The pack looks at me confused. I point to my daughter Dakota. She holds a silver dagger in her hand. The one I got her for her birthday. All my babies have one, including little Josh. He even knows how to fight with it.

They look at Dakota shocked. She twists it in her hand letting the light shine off it. I smirk. They are in for it now. "Well let's begin." Charlie takes a step towards me but doesn't get very far.

My ten kids stand in front of me. Some in protective stances others in fighting stances. Damien, Victor and Dakota hold their knives threateningly. I look at his shocked face and shrug.

"Attention." I call. Immediately my kids are in their two lines in their loose stances much to my mate and his packs surprise.

"I won't be training today. You will be and I will observe. The leader for today will be..." I smile evilly at my cute little devil in disguise. "Dakota."

She smiles and struts to the large open field with her family ready behind her."Get into two groups. Men and women." She demands. They split up. She walks over to the male group and splits them up from young and older generation. She does the same with the women. She then pairs everyone up with a partner due to size, gender and ability.

The older ones do as their told but the younger ones? They put up a fight. She asks a boy called James to fix his fighting stance because it is messy. He looks about seventeen and didn't like to be bossed by a four year old. I laugh getting weird looks from the other pack. He doesn't know who he is messing with.

At this point they have attracted an audience. I watch Damien as he walks behind the James guy undetected. I smile. Dakota looks at him bored.

"You are doing it wrong. It's like this, not this. Keep your arms in tighter and your hands higher." He looks at her visibly shaking. I step forward as do my family. If he shifts, I will kill him. Dakota has only fought her family in wolf form. She knows our weaknesses. This would be different.

"I don't want to listen to you pup.'" He sneers. I tut in exasperation which catches his attention. I shake my head at him. He looks confused but doesn't react in time.

Damien grabs him from behind locking him in. Dakota takes out her dagger and walks painfully slow towards him.

"Who are you calling pup?" She growls lowly. It was actually scary. She steps forward and places the blade on his cheek. I decide to speak up.

"I told you if you didn't show respect than you were in for it. Dakota here is the most deadly when it comes to punishment. Apologise to her before she castrates you." I tell him seriously. He gulps and apologises.

She still doesn't look happy. I sigh.

"Dakota, Josh! One on one."

They turn to me stepping forward. I knew Dakota was itching to use her knife and Josh is very talented for his age. The pack look at me as if I was crazy.

"Holly and Molly, you teach the men. Dani and Rachel the women." They nod but Jason and Mason growl loudly as they watch their mates walk to the males. I sigh.

* "Switch." I mindlink the girls.

They immediately walk over to the other side swapping with Dani and Rachel. Jason and Mason look smug. I smack them on their heads. They growl softly but nod all the same. They leave to watch their mates.

"Damien and Victor." I call.

"Yes Alpha." They appear beside me.

"Watch Dakota and Josh. Train them. You know what to do. No serious injuries." They nod.

I walk around the outside quietly examining what I will be working with. They are good but sloppy. I ignore the stares from my mate. I take notes on all I see, both good and bad. Things to correct and things to praise..

Three hours later the pack is panting heavily, some sprawled out on the floor. My kids and I stand watching them.

"Pathetic." I shake my head while looking at the next group.

"You need to train more and harder or you won't get anywhere. We train everyday at lunch for two or three hours. My children also have their training every morning at 10am." I smirk. 

"You are free to watch."

"Dismissed."

My kids immediately run to me giving me hugs and kisses. From the corner of my eye I see my mate with a small smile on his face. 

I sigh and head inside with my kids bouncing around me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Thank you for reading<3 

Vote 

Comment 

Please tell me what you think of my new story!

Sinead xx

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

5.1K 382 22
He knows his mate is dead. He never met her but he knows. No wolf wants to be without their mate but young Alpha Bane has lost his before he could ev...
11.5K 358 26
Faith Rivers is an Alphas Daughter youngest of three. Her family has a hidden past that only few know about and her father wants to keep it that way...
415K 7.7K 11
The world of the supernatural was kept from humans since the begin of time. there where so many different types of supernatural creatures, from werew...
385K 7.4K 70
Breyanna is a normal werewolf, had a loving father who was the beta of The Heart Moon Pack, her mom the beta female who was always supportive of her...