Forgiving You (Dublin Sister...

By hayatkhan07

She was abandoned on her wedding day. The groom disappeared. There were accusations. Her honour was at sta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (edited)
Valima Invitation
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Good news
Chapter 44
Divorce in Islam
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Thank you
Plagiarism & unpublishing

Chapter 8

24.5K 1.8K 715
By hayatkhan07

Nawal stared at her father.

"Salman bhai?" she questioned.

"He isn't your bhai. Well not anymore when we give our consent to the marriage proposal," Ghazala finally spoke up.

Nawal glanced at her mother. Consent? They were making a decision without asking what she wanted? She knew if she pleaded her case to her mother, she would be talking to deaf ears. Instead, she turned to her father and her eyes welled up.

"Daddy you don't mean this do you?" her eyes pleaded for him to reject what he had just uttered. But instead Shabbir sighed, "My daughter we honestly think he will become a great husband."

She shook her head, "No no no. How can I marry a man who I have thought of as my brother? He is no different to me as Shahbaz bhai or bhai jaan. I .. I ..." she swallowed and her tear glistening eyes widened, "I can't. I just can't."

"Nonsense. There is no such thing as bhai. He was always your non-Mehram and you can marry him. You will change your mind once you are married to him," Ghazala harshly commented.

"No Mom. I will not." She inched closer to her father and clutched his hands, "Daddy don't this to me, please. Don't force me."

Shabbir was silent he gazed at his fuming wife then at his distraught daughter and then voiced his opinion, "No one is forcing you beti. Think over it. I will give you a week to think over it."

"What are you saying Siddique sahib? We have to give Seema an answer now." Ghazala's voice rose.

Nawal's heart thudded, silently praying that her father didn't relent as he always did when her mother forced her opinion in every decision. But instead Shabbir held up his hand to silence Ghazala, "Bas (Enough) Ghazala. I will not rush my daughter in this decision." His eyes locked with his wife, "And her decision will be the final decision."

Nawal closed her eyes in relief and tears of gratitude leaked from her eyelashes. But her eyes opened suddenly with one realization, she had to tell Daud this and then he can come with his parents and hopefully divert her parent's mind off Salman's marriage proposal. She hastily stood up and ran up the stairs to talk to him in privacy.

Ghazala clenched her jaw and turned to her husband when their daughter had disappeared, "You are putting me in an awkward position with my sister."

Shabbir picked the remote control and switched the television on, "Seema is very sensible, she will understand if Nawal rejects."

"Is that what you want? You want Nawal to reject?"

Shabbir slightly shook his head not taking off his eyes from the television, "I am hoping and praying inshaa Allah, she will not reject but if she does," his piercing gaze met his wife's, "I am not forcing her."

Ghazala stood up and pointed at her husband, "I am telling you this is a mistake. That girl has no sense. We should be making her decision. We know what is best for her. If it was up to her, she will bring a gora (white) home saying she wants to marry him."

Shabbir's grip tightened on the remote control, he said gritted his teeth, "Don't under estimate your daughter Ghazala. She is very intelligent. And I trust her."

"I will ask you the day she bring us down on our knees in shame." She then stomped out of the room.

Shabbir closed his eyes and silently pleaded his Lord,

Inshaa Allah that day will never come.

But that dua will be futile when Ghazala's statement will come true in the coming months.

****

"So you are saying she needs time to decide?" Seema asked warily sitting on the living room sofa.

"Yes, she was shocked and her father doesn't want to force her. He said give her time to adjust to the idea and we will ask again in a week." Ghazala said gravely.

Seema rubbed her fingers on her temple as if a headache had emerged, "He is right baji. We can't force her. We will wait for her decision after all she has to live with Salman her whole life."

Ghazala exhaled deeply, "Thank you Seema for understanding inshaa Allah in a week Nawal will understand."

"Inshaa Allah," Seema murmured and glanced at the door way where Salman stood with his laptop bag in his hand and his tie loosened. He had come back home from work.

"Okay Ghazala I will talk to you later." Seema disconnected her call and turned to her son.

Muhammed followed his son and smiled at his wife, "Assalam u alaikum Simmi."

"Walaikum salaam," she mumbled and vigilantly eyed her son wondering how much he had heard.

"What was khala saying?" Salman asked without bothering with any greeting.

Seema averted her gaze from her son and instead looked around the room, "She said Nawal was shocked and she needs time to make her decision."

Salman's jaw clenched hard that a muscle ticking at the side of his jaw could be seen. This made Seema hurriedly continue, "Don't worry she is confused. All her life she thought of you as her brother and now this..."

Muhammad frowned, "What do you mean?"

Apparently, Seema had not discussed the proposal with her husband. She knew he wouldn't be pleased at all, "I spoke to Baji about Nawal and Salman's marriage." She whispered.

"WHAAAAAT????? YOU DIDN'T BOTHER TO TELL ME???" Muhammad seethed.

Seema winced at her husband's sudden outburst, "Salman consent is in this."

"I don't like that girl. She is not good for him. I have said this earlier." Muhammad glowered at his wife then at his bewildered son, "My son is not going to marry that immature childish girl at all."

Muhammad glared at his wife challenging her to refute him. But she knew well to keep quiet when her husband was this angry.

Salman said softly, "Dad this is what I want."

Muhammad spun around to his son and pointed at his chest, "You will make the biggest mistake of your life. She will create hell for you."

Salman started shaking his head but Muhammad was not in the mood to hear any more in this matter and left with a curse that will haunt Salman in the coming months.

"You will regret this Salman. Mark my words, you will regret this."

Muhammad's words stung Salman's heart.

****

Nawal: Can I call you?

Daud eyebrows furrowed, they never spoke on the phone. Why was Nawal asking to call?

Daud: is everything alright?

Nawal: I will tell you when I speak to you.

Baffled, immediately he dialled her number. He took out the cigarette from its pack when Nawal answered on the second ring.

"Hello, Salaam." She said breathlessly.

Something was not right. She seemed upset. The cigarette forgotten on his fingers he replied,

"Walaikum salaam. Nawal what's the matter?"

"Daud I needed to ask you something and its urgent now." Her voice wavered.

"Ask me then."

"Were you serious about asking my hand in marriage at the café?"

He had placed the cigarette on his lips but instantly he took it out when he heard her question, "Yes I was and I fully intend to come to your parents."

"There is another marriage proposal and my parents are serious about him."

His grasp on the cigarette tightened, "Who is he?"

"Salman" she said in a hushed tone.

That fucking bastard!!!! His hand fisted tearing apart the cigarette. He breathed heavily, "Give me two days, I am coming to your parents' place."

There was silence.

"Nawal?"

"Please," she sobbed.

He closed his eyes, he didn't want to hear her weep, "Don't cry sweetheart. Just matter of days."

"I trust you Daud."

"I will not break your trust. You have my word."

"Thank you" she said in emotion-filled voice.

"Thank me on our wedding day." He proposed, dusting his hand on the ashtray, getting rid of the ruined cigarette particles.

"You are very sure," she chuckled despite her tears.

He smiled, "I know you are mine. I won't let anyone else come near you."

She was quiet unable to answer to his claim.

"You are blushing now." He said smugly as if he could see her.

"Stop it." She laughed softly.

"That's better. I wanted to hear your laughter. Now don't worry, leave everything to me."

After a few minutes, they ended their call. Daud took out another cigarette from its packet and lighted it. Closing his eyes, he inhaled the first puff. Barefoot he sauntered to the large window in his bedroom. He was oblivious of the peaceful Dublin night scene. He took a long puff of the cigarette and blew out the smoke from his mouth. So, Salman was now after his girl. No one will come near her. She was his. Only his. He will have to take swift action. He glanced at his phone and shook his head faintly. It wasn't right to speak to his parents about this over the phone. Tomorrow morning, he will go to them and explain.

There was no time to lose...

****

Nawal sat on her bed with the pillow on her lap, her elbows resting on the pillow and her hands in her hair. How did her life come to this? One minute, everything was going smooth. Never had any guy glanced at her and now two marriage proposals in a matter of a few days.

Salman bhai...she shook her head, there was no point calling him bhai now. But it revolted her. Her stomach knotted tightly. She had never thought of him that way. It was utterly disgusting. How could she? He was like her brothers. She was not even tad bit attracted to him. Never had she thought that he would be interested in her that way. She always presumed he saw her same as Manal. But she had been wrong. She rubbed the heels of her hands on her eyes and shuddered.

I can't marry him. No matter what I can't marry him. It was just .... Repulsive.

Then her mind drifted to Daud. A smile touched her lips.

"I know you are mine. I won't let anyone else come near you."

Her heart beat speeded up thinking of those words. Oh Daud! She closed her eyes. He was everything she wanted in a man.

Successful.

Good looking

But most of all, he understood her. He was friendly and caring. She could list his attributes all night and still that wouldn't be enough.

Her smile grew, how he had become possessive about her. And not only that but had altered all his plans so that he can propose earlier. Closing her eyes, the smile still on her lips, she prayed,

"Ya Allah, let my parents agree. I want to be Daud's wife. Only his."

Then she opened her eyes as a realization hit her. She will pray tahajud (the optional night prayer). It was said that Allah came down from seventh heaven to the first heaven to listen to the dua of His believers at the last third of the night. She had never prayed Tahajud but tonight she will. Grabbing her phone, she set the alarm and slid down on her bed under the duvet.

Allah will listen. I will pray from my heart. Supplication can even change one's destiny and so I will pray.

****

Salman sat on his home office desk chair with his hands behind his head. His legs stretched in front of him. He had loads of work to complete but he wasn't able to concentrate. His mind only on her. Only on Nawal. He knew she was stubborn but she had put him in trepidation.

What if she doesn't agree?

It seemed his mother was hiding something. He wanted to go and talk to Nawal and persuade her. But something within him was refraining him. He was a proud man. He couldn't go up to her and grovel for his heart's desire.

A smile slowly lingered as he thought of their childhood.

"I think you look a pretty bride," Manal beamed gazing at Nawal's attire from head to toe.

"I know I am pretty," the 10-year-old Nawal stuck out her tongue.

They were dressing up as brides. Manal was the makeup artist and Nawal was modelling as a bride.

"That's because I did the makeup. Otherwise no one would want to marry you." The eleven-year-old Manal huffed.

"You are a meanie. I am telling Khala," cried Nawal.

She rushed out of the room and ran to her khala who was busy cooking in the kitchen. But she ended up bumping into Salman.

He steadied her with his hands on her arms but he noticed her tears despite the horrendous make up on her. He narrowed his eyes, "What's the matter?"

Blackened tears due to the mascara and khol, trickled down and wiping away the make-up, "Manal said I am not pretty and no one will marry me."

Salman chortled, "Don't listen to her. You are very pretty."

She looked up at her teen cousin, "Really" using her palms to wipe away her tears.

"You are and you know what?"

"What?" she asked.

"Someday I will marry you."

She scrunched her nose, "Eeeewwwww...."

It was so easy to talk to her then but now. He ran his hands through his black hair. She was so difficult to get through. How many times he tried to speak out his feelings? But every time she took him wrong. She was too emotional and easily jumping to conclusions. If only she would ponder and understand what he was trying to communicate through his actions.

If only....

Another agonising week to wait.

How will he endure this torture?

****

"Daud?" gasped Ibrahim when he opened his door early next morning. His eyebrows creased then, "What is the matter? It's not even 8am."

"Salaam Dad. What a welcome for your lost son," Daud chuckled as he entered his parents' home.

Ibrahim warily scanned his son's appearance. Daud seemed in a very good mood. He was wearing formal attire indicating he was about to go to work. But what could bring him here this early?

"Ibrahim who is it?" Chloe shouted from the kitchen. But before Ibrahim could answer Daud placed his finger on his lips, quieting his father. Daud silently walked into the kitchen and stood behind his mother and slipped his arms around her waist from behind and hugged her. She shrieked and then realized who it was.

"David you nearly gave me a heart attack."

"Awww Mom you know your son loves your hugs." He chuckled and leaned forward to grab a hash brown that was laying on a plate on the kitchen counter and took a bite.

But Chloe was worried, "Why are you here so early? Is everything okay?" She scrutinized her son's face.

"What's up with my parents? Can't a guy have breakfast with his parents." He took another bite of the hash brown.

She narrowed her eyes, "I know you David. What is it?"

"Patience Mommy darling. I am hungry first."

"Then help me finish preparing it." Chloe said handing him plates to set up the breakfast table.

"Yes ma'am," he took the plates from her and started helping her out.

All this time Ibrahim quietly watched his son. For the first time in years, he noticed his son was in a pleasant mood.

After breakfast, the three of them were enjoying their tea when Daud brought the matter up.

"Dad, I have decided to get married." Daud said nonchalantly as he took a sip of his tea.

Chloe and Ibrahim stilled in the act of drinking their tea and stared at her son in astonishment. Then a big smile graced Chloe's face, "Finally!!"

Daud chuckled but wasn't able to meet his parent's eyes.

"Who is she?" Ibrahim asked setting aside his tea mug.

"Nawal Ahmed, Shabbir Ahmed's daughter." He announced.

Chloe's eyes rounded, "What?"

Well I updated earlier than I thought ;)

What are your thoughts? Things are moving fast.

Next chapter, we see Daud's proposal.............. all hell will break loose.

Get ready for some drama!!!

Please vote and comment.

Until next time,

Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

185K 13.6K 43
A halal modern love story of 2 Muslims trying to heal themselves from their pasts and move forward as better people. Cyra recently moved to Paris wit...
9.2K 665 18
"Six years of living together," she sniffed. "One would think we'd know each other in all this time." "I know you," I whispered. My eyes were begging...
127K 6.4K 25
Inayah has dealt with quite enough. She just wanted to finish her degree, get a good job, and find some peace and quiet. But that's always too much t...
23.8K 1.2K 31
اہلِ عشق- Ahl-e-ishq (people of passionate love) Started- 30 July 2023 Join the story of Ahad Suleiman Khan ( احد سولیمان خان) Eshal Saleem Siddiq...