Twin Tussle ✔

By TheEuphoricWriter

[COMPLETED] Blood is thicker than water...Or is it? The first time I saw Harley Martinez, my heart did five s... More

☆| Introduction
☆| Prologue
1| Notice
2| Misery
3| Confession
4| Nostalgia
5| Selfish
6| Hunt
7| Bad boy
8| Change
9| Reality
11| Chains
☆| Author's Note
12| Fourteen
13| Encounter
14| Shock
15| Melancholy
16| Kiss
17| Truth
☆| Qs and As
18| Settled
19| Rage
20| Past
21| Senseless
22| Lost
23| Guilt
24| Official
25| Surprise
26| Together
27| Sacrifice
28| Trouble
29| Infuriated
30| Revenge
31| Sorry
32| Justice
33| Apology
34| Forgiveness
35| Date
☆| Epilogue
UPDATE

10| Heartbreak

2.5K 195 83
By TheEuphoricWriter

Dedicated to:EnglishBreakfastGirl

Thank you so much for the votes :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's funny how sometimes the people you'd take a bullet for, are the ones behind the trigger"

~ tumblr

---------------------------------------------------

Gina

The room was dimmed, the windows and doors locked. Upfront, a huge television sat on a pecan-colored table. 'The Conjuring' was playing on it.

Gusts of wind made its way through the little crack in the windowsill. Eerie, whistling sounds of air squeezing through the crack filled the air. It caused the curtains to whoosh making them look like shadowy, hazed figures...almost like apparitions.

"Harley?" I asked, munching on popcorn "It's fifteen minutes to midnight, we should be sleeping"

"Tomorrow is a Sunday" Harley replied, her eyes glued to the television "We can sleep till late in the morning"

We sat beside each other on her bed. Anyone would expect couples to sit like this, around midnight, watching movies. But hell yeah, this was girls' night out! Although it was just the two of us.

We watched the movie carefully as the blindfolded mother plays hide and seek with her daughter, April. Hands of a ghost protruded from a nearby closet and clapped. The mother thought it was her child so she sprinted up to the closet and rummaged through the clothes in the closet.

"No..." Harley squeaked "Not there you hearing impaired!"

Harley was shivering frenziedly, her hands ice-cold.

"Harley, calm down it's just a movie"

She looked away from the screen and rested her head on my shoulder "I can't see this. Why are the people in horror movies so stupid?"

"You know what?" she suddenly lifted her head up, looked straight in my eyes and whispered in a susurrus, eerie voice "When the clock strikes midnight, I hear sounds of footsteps from downstairs"

"Harley stop" I pursed my lips; she was scaring me now.

"I'm serious" she glared at me, furrowing her brows in anxiety "Sounds of glass plates colliding with each other, metal cutlery clinking and striking one another from the kitchen-"

"Harley!" I yelled in a low pitch voice "I swear to God if you don't stop I'll kick you out of your own house"

But she continued "...rustling sounds of someone walking toward the house through grass in the backyard echoes through-"

Suddenly, we both heard, a soft song playing from behind us.

Both of us shrieked in horror, threw our pillows aside and darted toward the door.

And then it struck me.

The song was my ring tone.

"Wait!" I stopped Harley "It's my cell phone"

I switched the lights on, scurried up to the bed again and started looking for my cell phone.

"Holy fuck!" Harley breathed.

"Here it is!" I found it buried somewhere amid the pillows. The caller name was 'Connor'.

I rolled my eyes "It's Connor"

Harley sighed loudly and dropped on the floor and started laughing "He scared the shit outta me!"

"Why is he calling so late?" I thought out loud.

"Why is your 'boyfriend's brother' calling you so late?" she air-quoted, walking to my side and looked over my shoulder.

My heart still thudded from the jolt we just experienced.

I picked the call and put it on loudspeaker so Harley doesn't think it was anything personal "Hey Con"

We could here faint sounds of thumping music in the background. Was he partying?

"Gina? Listen to me carefully..." he blurted from the other end. He was huffing, his voice urgent and hasty.

Something was wrong.

"I'm listening" I replied.

"You've got to..." he coughed and gagged "...you've got to break up with Caleb, now!"

Harley and I exchanged perplexed glances "But why?" I snickered nervously "He loves me"

"No!" he bellowed. The faint sounds of music faded away as if he had exited the party "You're a wonderful person Gina. You deserve better. Caleb goes to a party every weekend and makes out with other girls and gets high..."

I almost dropped my phone.

No, this was a prank, Caleb would never do that!

"Shut up!" I yelled heatedly. How dare he say that about Caleb? "Don't you-"

"I'm trying to warn you!" he shrieked "I don't know if you'd believe me or not, but remember Gina, don't be blinded by his good looks. He's nothing like what he seems to be. You're drowning in his game; he won't come to rescue you once you sink. You're letting his actions consume you. Take action before it's too late"

My mind was racing madly. What was he talking about?

Why would Cal cheat on me?

"Trust me Gina" he spoke.

I trusted him.

I covered my mouth when a sob escaped my throat and asked, with all the energy left in me, "What...what's he doing?"

"I don't have the mettle to tell you that" he said gently "as it will break your heart even more. Mark my words Gina, he'll disappoint you"

Saying that, he hung up.

My palms went numb; the phone slipped from my hands and fell toward the ground.

I dropped on the floor, covered my face with my hands and started sobbing.

I trusted Connor. The serious sound of his voice and the depth in the tone was a proof that he wasn't lying.

I picked my cell phone from the ground and caressed it. Caleb had gifted me this phone on my last birthday.

Harley knelt down beside me. I hugged her tight and started wailing, loudly.

"Let it out honey" Harley stroked my back "My parents aren't home"

The past flashed before my eyes. Cal has always been so good to me; he has always made me feel like a princess.

I was warned by people before.

'Gina...' they used to start '...do not trust him, he's a playboy"

I realized why I tuned out the world who said bad stuff about him.

I was in love. I still am.

I had stabbed my heart with my own hands, ripped my flesh apart with my own fingers and now I'm suffering the consequences of doing it.

Caleb was like a dream come true; a beautiful journey that I wished never ended.

He made me feel beautiful; he made me feel like everything I was doing was right.

Crying didn't help. It only made my head hurt even more.

He was helping me walk through the forest of my fears; he was helping me get to the end. The trees were telling me not the trust the brutal bad boy. But he held my hand, ever so firmly, I didn't want to let go.

The bad boy blindfolded me with his love, left me midway in the forest of my fears, and left me to deal with the outcome alone, left me to figure out my way back.

"Gina..." Harley's soft, sweet voice rung in my ears, awaking me from my thoughts "...here, have some water"

I looked up as I grabbed the glass and when I did, I saw traces of tears on Harley's crimson cheeks.

She was crying with me.

Wiping the traces off her cheeks, she snatched my cell phone away from me. Furiously, she stood up.

"Just wait and watch" she gnashed her teeth as she dialled a number.

"Harley..." my voice trembled "W-What're you doing?"

"You cheater" she yelled at the number she had typed on my phone and blew a gasket "You mess with my best friend, you mess with me!"

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

I've come really far and I'd like to thank you all for supporting me so much! I really appreciate it!

I was literally dancing yesterday looking at so many votes, comments and reads! *plays a weird, cacophonous note with a trumpet*

In the process, I also got to meet other readers and writers. It was great to meet all of you!

Next chapter will be '8C', a part of the 8th chapter.

I hope you guys are enjoying the story, keep reading! What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

Please vote and leave comments if you liked the chapter, it makes me go wild with happiness. Also, share ;)

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

124K 2.5K 64
Dana and Cameron came from two totally different universes. Dana was the type of girl who sat in the corner of the classroom and didn't talk much. S...
257 46 14
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
16.2K 1.8K 43
Bella has always been under the control of her brother. But what if she befriends four boys against her brother? Bella Walker, a seventeen years old...
1.1M 29.1K 66
It's hard having a crush, but it's harder having a crush on the asshole bad boy. /////////// Harley Deyes doesn't have a best friend. She doesn't hav...