The Wizardry of Trouble Maker...

By ReignWinter

Fred and George Weasley are popular boys at Hogwarts, no doubt. However, they don't know everyone at the scho... More

Prolouge: Meet Alex
Unknown Beginnings
Is This Magic?
Excitement with Fear
Darkness is the Hint
Accidental Heat
Forgiveness
The Blank Paper
Breathless Flight
Secret Out
Alex's Real Secret
A Marauder Discovery
Let's Not Say...

Dark Forest Run

79 3 0
By ReignWinter

 (Fred's POV)

I grinned at George and Alex. I set my books and papers down on the common room table. "I finished."

Alex grinned. "I'm done, finished just now."

George set his things on the table. "I finished."

We all exchanged glances and quickly gathered our things. We rushed up the stairs to put our things away properly.

I was the first to arrive back at the common room. "What should we do now? The night is still young."

George laughed. "Is it even considered night yet?"

I grinned. "It's not five yet."

Alex rushed to us. "We should explore or something before it's time for me to help Lupin."

George and I paused. "Tonight's a..."

Alex nodded. "But I really want to go on another exploration before we won't have time anymore."

George and I exchanged glances. He was the first to grin and we looked back at Alex. "To the forest!"

(George's POV)

The forest seemed like a grand idea before we actually were there. I sighed. "It's already dark out, Freddie."

Fred paused. "Well, we both thought of this. It's not like I dragged either of you out here."

I nodded. "We should definitely find our way back."

"Quickly, please," Alex ran to Fred's side. My shoulders fell as she looked at Fred. But everything went back to normal when she spoke again. "I need to get back to Lupin before--"

There was a loud howl. The three of us exchanged glances, frozen in the darkness of the forest. None of us dared to move. None of us dared to breathe. I looked at Alex, waiting for some sort of sign, some sort of signal to let us know what to do.

A small amount of breath escaped from Alex. "Run."

I pivoted and ran as fast as I could in the direction I hoped was the castle. I looked back, seeing Alex and Fred close behind me. I continued to run until my legs felt cramped. Fred slammed into me.

"What's wrong Georgie?"

I looked up at him. "I can't run anymore. It hurts."

Alex stopped in front of us. "We might not have to run." She looked back. "The howling's stopped."

I froze, letting my eyes wander as I listened. "You're right." I stood up and dusted off my jeans. "What now?"

"I say we go back to the castle." Fred looked from Alex to me. "It's the only way we'll be safe for sure."

Alex stepped forward. "Wait."

Fred took a step forward. "Alex, we're not like Harry! Yes, we are smarter and much more experiened. But we do not have a power within us to stop Lupin right now!"

Alex's eyes narrowed and she let out a deep breath. "Lupin is my friend, practically my father!"

Fred paused. He pursed his lips and nodded to himself. "All right. Let's go."

Alex and Fred began walking towards the howl.

I stepped in front of them stopping them.

Alex blinked.

"If at any moment it gets too dangerous, we run, run to the castle if possible."

Alex smiled and nodded. "Agreed."

(Alex's POV)

Fred groaned. "We've been searching for hours now."

I sighed. "I know. I'm tired also."

Fred looked away. "I didn't mean--"

"I know what you meant." I smiled. "It's okay to say you're tired." I looked at the horizon. "The sun will rise in about four hours."

"Wait!" George stumbled near us. "Hear that?"

I froze, hearing some sort of flapping noise.

Fred's eyes widened. "It's coming this way."

We heard laughter. "Hold it right there!"

I froze and the twins came near me, lining the three of us up. A hippogriff descended with Sirius on his back. I heard the three of us gasp.

George pointed his wand and glared. "Don't move."

Sirius blinked and stretched his arms out. "I don't want to hurt you." His eyes landed on me. "Any of you."

I froze. There was something in his voice like before. Scratch away the desperation for passwords before and there it was. I kept my eyes on Sirius. "George."

George stayed silent.

"George, he's innocent."

George blinked. "He killed thirteen people."

I shook my head. "He's innocent."

"George!"

Our heads whirled to Lupin, hiding behind a tree with the sun rising behind him.

He locked gazes with George. "She's right."

Sirius took a coat off the hippogriff's back and ran to Lupin. "Are you all right, old friend?"

Lupin smiled and nodded as George put away his wand. Lupin stood tall. "George, the truth has been reveal, but under very unfortunate circumstances, Sirius cannot be proven innocent to the ministry."

The three of us walked to Lupin and Sirius. Lupin smiled. "The three of you better get back to the castle, everyone will wake up soon." 

Fred crossed his arms. "I'm not entirely convinced. You could be lying to us just because he's your old friend." 

I glared at Fred. "I don't think that's how it is!"

"Alex." Lupin gave me a sturn look.

I let out a deep breath. "Sorry, Fred."

Sirius let out a few, loud laughs. "She's right though, Moony. If I was the muderer they know of, I would have killed them by now, wouldn't I?"

Fred blinked. "Didn't think of that."

George laughed. "Neither did I. I just followed Alex's order."

I looked at George. "I didn't order you."

He smiled.

Lupin walked through our locked gaze. "We should get back to the castle. And Sirius, you should head away from here."

Sirius grinned. "There is one thing the children must know before I go."

Lupin turned to him and raise a brow.

Sirius's skin became black and he transformed into a big, black dog. A few laughs escaped me as I realized I had seen him in this form before.

George shook his head and grinned. "He really is innocent. He's had a lifetime of chances to kill us and yet he didn't."

Fred laughed. "All right."

Sirius transformed back to his human form and laughed. "No one should believe the daily prophet entirely. Use your heads." He walked to the hippogriff and sat on the saddle. His eyes landed on Lupin. "So she's the one you've taken care of since birth?"

Lupin nodded. "I know the McWilliams wanted only the best for her. I thought you was better than me?"

Sirius laughed loudly. "We'll finish that debate at a better time." He looked at me. "I shall definitely see you very soon. As you for you twins, I expect to see you soon." He smiled and the hippogriff flew away.

We all watched Sirius fly through the air.

Lupin wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "All great things must come to an end."

I blinked and looked at Lupin. "What?"

He looked at me, then the twins. He stepped in front of me and placed both of his hands on my shoulders. "Unfortunately, I won't be able to help you as much as I have this year. You must guard your secret on your own." He looked at the twins. "I want you both to make sure Alex stays on top of her grades."

I froze and blushed. More time they spend with me...

The twins grinned. "Of course."

Fred stepped forward. "But why won't you teach at Hogwarts anymore?"

Lupin let out a small laugh. "Not many parents will approve of a werewolf teaching their children."

The twins nodded, but I glared. "Well that's just stupid. He's tamed."

Lupin and the twins laughed. Lupin embraced me. "I'll still teach you, just not here." He let me go. "And we have a new home."

I blinked. "Why?"

His stomach growled. "Let's get some food first. I couldn't exactly eat while running around, chasing children. Come on." He wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we walked back to the castle. 

I pursed my lips and took a deep breath. I whispered, "Why do we have a new home?"

Lupin smiled and whispered, "We need room for our newest house member."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 112 46
Y/n is a student at Hogwarts. She's the same age as the Weasley twins. And that's the problem. She can't stand them. For y/n, what matters is her gra...
20.3K 707 54
When Fred and George find a Ravenclaw student needing help, they come to her rescue without a second thought. The Weasley twins inject themselves int...
490K 7.2K 47
[COMPLETE] Preferences for our favorite Harry Potter characters! Sorry, none of the girls, but many guys. Some will be short, some long. Characters...
980 138 11
Where Fred and George Weasley are concerned, boredom is a dangerous thing. On the first weekend at Hogwarts, Ron Weasley agrees to start a Prank War...