Gas station (Scomiche)

By scomiche1pentatonix

Scott Hoying - a 16 year old worker at a local gas station - met Mitch grassi, a shy unpopular boy, on one of... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42 (Last chapter)

13

2.8K 153 146
By scomiche1pentatonix

Scott invited Mitch to come over to work on a project for school, as well as eat dinner with them.

"Mitch is coming over for dinner, is that okay?" Scott asked his mom, who was making it with Lindsay.

Connie smiled, "Of course!"

Lindsay looked at Scott and scoffed, "Which one is that? The skinny one with black hair?"

Scott smiled and nodded. Lindsay rolled her eyes, "Oh."

Scott tilted his head slightly, "Is that a problem?"

Lindsay shrugged, "I don't like him is all."

"Why not? You two have only said hi to each other."

"He's a gay, he's abnormal." Lindsay said.

Scott stepped back a little, "That's no reason to hate someone!" Scott couldn't believe that his sister was against gay people. They had always been so close, but if she was against gays. Then she was against Scott.

Connie looked at Lindsay, "Honey, you can have your own opinions on someone. But just because of who he loves doesn't mean he isn't a good person. You don't need to be rude to him when he comes over for dinner either."

Lindsay scoffed and continued to make dinner. Scott left and went to sit on the couch to wait for Mitch.

~

When Mitch got there, Scott took him up to his room to put his book bag down.

"My mom and sister are making dinner and will call us down when it's ready. We can work on out English project until then." Scott mumbled.

Mitch nodded and unzipped his book bag. Scott sat on his bed, "So you said you would tell me what happened in first hour."

Mitch sighed, "You know how I had an abusive ex?"

Scott nodded slowly and waited for him to continue, "Well I moved and thought I got away from him, and then I saw him in first hour. I just remembered all the things he did to me and how he made me feel so I broke down."

"Who was it, and why didn't you tell Kirstie?" Scott asked.

Mitch shrugged, "Because I used to get bullied for being gay, and if I told her I had a boyfriend then she will tell everyone that I'm gay and I will get bullied. And it's that other new guy, Travis."

"I'm out to her and she didn't tell anyone, and she's friends with Alex who is openly gay to the whole school."

"Does he get bullied for being gay?" Mitch asked.

Scott shrugged, "Yeah."

"I don't want to be bullied, and that's probably why you're not out yet either." Mitch sassed.

Scott bit the inside of his cheek, "She wouldn't tell anyone, just saying."

~

Scott and Mitch were sitting at the dinner table, silent.

Scott was glaring at Lindsay, Lindsay was glaring at Mitch. Connie was glaring at her two children because of them glaring. Mitch just kept his head down.

"The food is great." Mitch squeaked.

Connie thanked Mitch and smiled a little.

Lindsay chuckled a little, "So Mitch, what do you like to do?"

Mitch looked at Lindsay, "Well I like to sing."

"Are you a tenor? I can tell because of your high voice, any reason your voice is high?" She asked sarcastically.

Scotts blood was boiling that Lindsay was acting so rudely. She wanted Mitch to say that he was gay so she could behave even more immaturely.

"Stop it Lindsay." Connie spoke up.

"Is it because you're gay?" She asked, disobeying her mother.

Mitch widened his eyes and opened his mouth slightly. Scott stood up, "Me and Mitch are going to work on our project."

Mitch stood up and followed Scott upstairs.

Connie turned to face Lindsay, "Why?"

"At camp they said that being gay was a sin." Lindsay said, picking up her plate.

"Why did I send you to Christian camp?" Connie asked herself.

~

Scott slammed his door closed and sat on his bed, "I can't believe she did that."

Mitch sat next to Scott, "It's okay, I wasn't offended at all."

Scott bit his lip, "She was acting so immature."

Mitch nodded and rubbed his arm, "We should get working on this project."

Scott nodded and got out his computer, "What should we do our report on?"

Mitch shrugged, "Why it's unfair that they gave us a report to do and we have only been in school for five days?"

Scott laughed and looked at his calendar, "Hey it's Friday! Wanna spend the night?"

"I would love to, but I don't have anything here." Mitch said, "And your sister feels uncomfortable with me here, I know."

Scott sighed, "She can get over it, and you can borrow some of my clothes."

Mitch giggled a little, "Okay, it will give us more time to work on this paper."

"First we need to come up with a topic." Scott said.

Mitch sighed, "How about the proof that being gay isn't a choice."

Scott looked it up on his laptop, "There's a lot of evidence, so I say lets do it. I'll make a copy for my sister too."

Mitch laughed a little and got paper out to write things down.

~

It was around nine, and Scott and Mitch were taking a break and eating ice cream down stairs.

Lindsay came in the kitchen with a cup of tea and smiled at them, "Well hello there."

Mitch shrunk a little in fear as she came next to him. Scott took a deep breath, "What do you want."

"I just wanted to say hi." She said innocently with a smirk.

Scott rolled his eyes as she moved closer to Scott. She bent down, "I would be careful, he might try to do something with you because he's gay."

Mitch turned to look at her and frowned. Scott pushed her away, "Can you leave him alone, you don't know anything about him!"

Scott put an arm around Mitch and glared at Lindsay.

"I'm just trying to warn you little bro." She said and walked away.

Scott looked down to see Mitch's face and saw that he was crying, "What's wrong?"

Mitch wiped his eyes, "Your sister hates me! And she thinks I will try to do something with you!"

Scott threw his icecream away and wrapped Mitch in a hug, "She's a bitch."

Mitch nodded and buried his face in Scotts chest, "I'm sorry."

Scott rested his chin on top of Mitch's head, "Sorry for what?"

"Making your sister hate me." He said.

"That's not your fault, and she can get over it." He whispered.

Mitch took a deep breath and
pulled away. Scott smiled down at him and began walking upstairs.

"I'm sorry that she made you feel bad about yourself or uncomfortable." Scott said.

Mitch sat on the floor and Scott sat on the bed, Scott closed his computer and patted a spot next to him, "Come sit up here and we can watch a movie."

Mitch smiled weakly and sat next to Scott. Scott put in a movie and sat back down.

Mitch put his head on the back of the wall and sighed, "I'm tired."

"Do you wanna go to sleep?" Scott asked.

Mitch slowly shook his head, "I'm not tired like sleepy just tired like mentally, if that makes any sense." Scott could hear Mitch's voice wavering a bit.

Scott read about depression after he found out that Mitch was diagnosed with it and remembered that this was one of the things that come with depression. Mitch was probably feeling really shitty and alone right now.

"Here, lay down with me." Scott said, opening his arms to Mitch.

Mitch crawled over and laid next to Scott so they were spooning, "Thanks."

Scott locked his arms around Mitch's waist. He felt Mitch trembling like he was holding back tears, "You can cry if you want."

As soon as he said that he felt tears on his hand. Scott rested his chin on Mitch's head again and rubbed his thumb on Mitch's arm.

"Tell me what's wrong." Scott whispered.

"I d-don't know." Mitch whispered, "I just feel really bad about myself."

Scott closed his eyes, "Take deep breaths."

Mitch did as Scott told him and took several deep breaths. Scott pressed his lips to the back of Mitch's head, "Are you upset because of Lindsay?"

Mitch shrugged, "P-partly. I just f-feel like a waste of space. Lindsay hates me, my dad h-hates me, I saw Travis at school a couple d-days ago."

Scott began humming a tune in hopes of calming Mitch down, "No one hates you, and you don't need to worry about Travis, I'm here and I won't let him do anything to you again."

Mitch nodded shyly and began to calm down, "I'm sorry."

Scott shook his head, "Don't worry about it, I understand."

Mitch took deep breaths and didn't think about his worries. When he began to focus on his surroundings again, he blushed when he realized Scotts arms were around him.

"You don't need to hold me anymore." Mitch said, "Unless you want to."

Mitch felt Scotts lips turn into a smile, "I want to."

Mitch blushed even harder and felt butterflies in his stomach, where Scotts hands were placed. Mitch put his hands where Scotts were and closed his eyes.

"Goodnight Mitch." Scott whispered, grabbing the remote to turn off the tv.

Mitch smiled, "Goodnight Scott."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 1.9K 31
26 Psychologist Scott Hoying takes the case of Mitch Grassi, a 22 year old patient who suffers from amnesia. Slowly, Scott get's attached to his pati...
22.1K 1K 14
〝he sighed, not speaking, and after some time, i heard his breathing slow down to a regular pace, and i couldn't tell if he was asleep. "mitch?" i sa...
29.7K 2.1K 42
It all starts when Mitch is threatening to fail his exams and has to get a tutor. But as soon as he realizes that this tutor is none other than Scott...
6.1K 244 33
COMPLETED 17 year old Scott Hoying's mother is shot dead before his eyes. He is forced to live with his physically abusive father who had abandoned S...