The Howls Of The Night. { Wer...

By Maroon1479

When Shawn was fourteen, his brother, Travis, changed into him into a werewolf so he'll be strong and defend... More

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Prologue.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Ten.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eleven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twevle.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fourteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Fifteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Sixteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Seventeen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Eighteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Nineteen.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Three.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Four.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty-Five.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Six.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Seven.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Eight.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Twenty Nine.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-One.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Thirty-Two.
The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Epilogue.

The Howls Of The Night. { Werewolf/Human Love Story. } Chapter Six.

40K 925 116
By Maroon1479

I turned my head to grin at my brother who grinned back at me. We were standing somewhere in the woods, ready for a run off. Their wasn't a human contact for miles and miles away, so we were all good.

"Ready to get your ass kicked this time, Shawn?", Travis chuckled as he took off his jacket and shirt.

I shook my head and chuckled, "Only in your dream, Travis.", I said and we stripped of our cloths.

"Sorry, bro, but my dreams are filled with hot sexy foxes.", he chuckled and took off his shoes. "Unlike you.",

I threw my right shoe at him and dodge it by turned to the side and laughed like a maniac. Once we were only in our boxer, I said, "I don't think I can do it.", I said, looking at the ground and referring to ignoring Makenna. I couldn't stop thinking of the kiss I had with her. It wouldn't--no matter how hard I try--get out of my mind. The rest of the day I just wanted to go back and make out with her for hours until we were tired. Just to have her full pink lips on mine, my heart beat faster. It scared me a lot to think of how crazy I could be with one girl.

Travis hit my shoulder with the back of his hand, "Man, if you want to back out, just say so.", he chuckled.

I shook my head, "No, Travis. I mean with her--Makenna.",

He frowned, "Oh.", he said.

I leaned my shoulder against a tree, "I don't know what to do. I want to ignored her and pretend she doesn't exist, but at the same time, I just want to be with her every second of the day and just have her in my arms.", I said and gave a dramatic sigh. I shook my head, "I hate all of this...being mated.",

Travis walked up to me, "I wish I could help you on this one, Shawn, but sadly this one is one thing I can't help you with. I wouldn't know what it's like since I haven't yet. You could always talk to the wolves in the pack for help. About forty percent of them are mated.",

I leaned off the tree, "I don't want any of they're help, Travis.", I said. "I can handle this myself.",

He rolled his eyes, "Sure, you can.".

"Thanks for the encouragement.", I snorted.

"What do you want me to say, Shawn?", he asked. "You want me to tell you go be with her and then what? Have a nice little family with a white picked fence? Life isn't that simple and there going to be hard choices in life. Do you want her or not?",

I shook my head, "I don't know, Travis. I just don't know. I want to live my life how I want, but I can't get my mind off her even how hard I try. She's in here all the time.", I said, pointing at my head.

"Well, Shawn, all I can tell you is whatever you pick, I'm going to be her to support you. It's just...I know Makenna family. She's a very...sensitive girl sometimes. If your going to keep playing with her mind, she's going to break and God knows what could happen. She lost her father and I herd they were very close.",

"So what are you saying?", I asked, confused.

"Either continue to ignore her and just give in and mark her and be with her.", he said, patting my shoulder. "Come on, lets run. Maybe after you'll be able to think better.", he suggested.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, your right.",

We slide out boxers down and quickly shifted into our wolves. Mine was a nice tan brown, dark brown, and white fur wolf. Since we're larger then normal wolves, we were almost touching. Travis was still a dark brown wolf and if it wasn't for my awesome high sense seeing, I probably wouldn't be able to see him.

Travis nodded his head and we broke out into a run.

~

Makenna:

I turned the knob of my one story house door opened and saw my mom sleeping on the couch when I walked in. I closed the door and stuck my keys in my pocket. I sighed as I walked over to my mom sleeping body and nudged her shoulder.

Another hard day at the office for her I'm sure. I didn't see her last night, this morning, and she probably just got home not so long ago. I feel bad for my mother. Every Monday threw Friday she works at the office and on weekend at the dinner with me. I told her she shouldn't have to work this hard, that since I got a job everything bin doing better. But she said she doesn't want me to work hard since I'm in school and doesn't want me to get any ideas of dropping out.

It was hard being a single mother to a teenage girl. I mean, she had me in high school and college was just hard when you have a baby. She was just happy my father was there for help.

My mom jerk as she woke up and she looked up at me, "Oh, hey, honey.", she said, rubbing her eyes of sleep as she got up to sit on the couch now. She yawned loudly as she stretched at arms upward.

"How was work?", I asked.

She sighed, "Long.",

I gave in again, "Mom, please, just cut down the hours. You don't have to work like a dog all day-"

"No, Makenna.", my mom said as she got up. She pointed her finger at me, "Don't go into that again. We discussed this already and school more important right now. You don't worry about me. I'm the mother and you're the child.",

I groaned and crossed my arms over my chest. My mom can be so stubborn sometimes! But that's only because she has to much pride and doesn't want to take money from family. She say it makes her feel like a bad parent and women since she has to ask for money and has a hard time being back.

But I really hate when she say 'I'm the mother and you're the child' thing. Ugh, it gets on my nerves sometimes also! I know she's the mother, but a child can help with stuff! I'm not a little girl anymore. I'm strong headed and can handle school and work. I just don't want my mom slaving herself away for us.

"Fine.", I said.

"Thank you.", she said.

I looked at my mom face. She looked a little paler than usual. Only one thing came into mind. "Did you eat today?",

She laid a hand over her stomach, "Yeah, I ate a sandwich this morning.",

"Mom!", I whined, throwing my hands up in the air. I walked around her to go into the kitchen, "You need to stop worrying about work. You need to eat three times a day at least.", I said, annoyed that she rather work then eat.

As I looked in the fridge, she said, "I'm fine, Makenna.",

I took out the egg carton and grabbed the loaf of the bread to make her an egg sandwich. I just shook my head as I made her something to eat. I hate to say it, but I sometimes feel like the parent taking care of her sometimes.

~

After thirty minutes of talking to my mom about her day and helping her almost passed out body to her bed, I walked into my room and turned on the light. I quickly threw off my v-neck shirt and grabbed a white beater. I stripped off my pants and threw on some black and white flannel pants for bed.

When I went over to my window to open it, I stopped dead in my tracked to see something like an envelope stuck to my window on the other side. My eyebrows forward together in confusion as I slowly walked up to my window.

Why would someone put an envelope on my widow? What crazy person would do that? And what could be in the envelope?

When I reached the window and slipped the window up a little. I reached out the window and grabbed the envelope and took it off the window. As I brought my hand back in and took off the tap in the back, I saw my name written on.

I turned the envelope over and ripped it over with my thumb. Whatever was in it, it felt thick. Once the whole thing was ripped and I looked inside it, my eyes widen and I gasped. There was lots of twenty dollar bills in the envelope. I reached in and took the pile of twenties out, but when I pulled it out, a card fell out and landed on the floor.

I bent down and picked up the card. In nice cursive words, it said 'Only for you. Spend on whatever you want. There will be more.",

I arched an eyebrow at the card. What the Hell does that mean? And who would send me money? I knew it was for me since my name on the envelope, but I'm just wondering who would send me a sack out twenty dollar bills.

I laid the envelope down with the card and counted how many how much their was. I was shocked to see in my hand was five hundred dollars. That's two times more then my pay check!

I stood there, looking down at the money, dumbfounded. Who in Gods name would send me five hundred dollars? I don't know anyone with that kind of money!

My mouth dropped as I started chuckling, but only in disbelief. This has to be a joke. This money can't real. I walked up to my lamp that I turned one and held one of the twenties up and gasped again when I could see the other side. Oh, fuck. This money is real.

I didn't know what to do. There was no way I could use this money. One, I didn't know who it was from. I don't know if they money was stolen or drugged money. Second, why would I? I have no use for this money. But it's not like I could return it since I have no idea who it's from.

I tapped the newly-made twenty-dollars billed against the palm of my hand. I knew one thing also, I can't have my mom see this. She's flipped about how I got this, thinking I'm selling drug for money or she'll be wondering who gave me this. I don't need to be integrated by her right now.

I went back over to where the envelope and card was. I stuck both the money and card back in the envelope and went over to my bed. I lift the top mattress up and laid the envelope between both mattress. My mom would never find out about that money.

I finally laid down on my bed and looked at the clock. It was a little passed ten o'clock. Thank God work wears me out and I can just easily get to sleep.

My mind left the mysterious money to Shawn. Who does he think he is, really? He think if he kissed me, I would really give him free food? I am not one of those stupid girls that go goggley eye over a guy and give him. Sure, it was like that at first, but I got my mind together and I hate myself for kissing him back. He was pretty much played with me and the cheap ass wanted to get something so he used his body. Ugh, boys are so annoying.

But man, did he kiss. My body felt so heated up and I just wanted his hands to roam all over my body, feeling me up. Ugh, a guy never made me feel this way! Like a crazy obsessed girl! What is making me feel like this anyways? I have liked guys in the passed, but I have never wanted to be with them unlike Shawn. I just want his arms to be around me, holding me, and telling me how beautiful I am. I have never bin this desperate to be with someone until now. It makes my mind hurt so much.

I didn't realize I was grinning like a panic till my cheeks started to hurt. What am I doing? Thinking of Shawn is stupid. I slapped him in the face for a reason and a good one. But maybe slapping him was a little far. But he deserved it! Damn you men!

~

Shawn:

When we reached the dock of the lake, I pushed my back legs to pushed my body forward to go faster than Travis. I was laughing like crazy in my mind and when I ran on the dock, I howled. When I was a few inches away from the button of the dock, I jumped forward in the air and howled again, but it ended a 'wooo!", I screamed when I transformed back into my human body and splashed into the cold October water, but to me, it was like felt amazing on my heated body.

When my body was still under the water, I herd my brother splash in next to me a second later and we swam upwards. I was chuckled my ass off when I ran my hands down my face and looked at the pissed off expression on my brother face.

"Still better then you.", I laughed.

He splashed some water in my face and smacked his teeth, "We'll see when I beat your ass on the mat, asshole.",

"Ohh, i'm so scared.", I said, swimming backwards and shook my hands.

He rolled his eyes as we swam back up to land. As I did though, I thought about Makenna. I thought hard when I was running. I decided that I can't really ignored her even as how hard as I try, but I don't want to be with her. So, I'll become her friend. There is nothing wrong with being friends.

~

I decided to talk to Makenna at gym time. That way, in this class, we can actually talk. I was running next to Hayden. He was talking about this next band he discovered, but I was barley listening. I was actually staring at the running Makenna that was a few feet ahead of us. Okay, so I wasn't watching her, but her butt.

Call me a perv, but I couldn't stop myself.

I tried to get my attention away from her ass to the equipment around the gym. Weights, a long blue mat, dumb bells, a rope that was hanging from the ceiling was up, a volley ball net was up, three tread mills, and other stuff was around making the gym room looking like an actual gym.

"...they're actually really good.", I heard from Hayden.

I looked donw at him, "Oh, um, yeah. They sound good.", I said, not wanting him to know I was paying attention to Makenna instead of him since I don't want him to hold it against me and make fun of me. I hit this chest with the back of my hand, "Hey, I'll be right back.",

Before he could say anything, I ran fast to catch up to Makenna. She felt me come up next to her and looked up at me and her cheek turn a dark pink color. She then scowled up at me and turned her head back around to look straight ahead. I frowned, really confused now.

"Did I do something?", I asked.

She scuffed, "What you did yesterday was idiotic.",

I grinned now. I took pleasure at the thought she had that kiss in her thoughts. But I admit, kissing her was stupid to do. Cause of it, it's also in my head. I shouldn't have done it, but I wanted to feel her lips against mine so bad and hey! She stared to play first! "Oh, yeah, that.",

I saw her roll her eyes, "What in that blonde head a of yours crossed your mind to do that? I could have got fired if my uncle saw it.",

I shrugged, "I take what I want.". Now, I regretted saying that. I'm flirting with her now! Jeez, I suck at trying to be friends with girls.

She looked up at me and her eyebrows forward together. "And what do you mean by that?",

I shrugged, "I don't know.", I said. I hit her shoulder, "How about I apologize? Sorry.",

She pursed her button lip out, "You think an apologizing to me is going to get it out my mind?", she said. She then gasped again, "I mean, uh, you annoying!", she said, running faster now, but I only caught up to her in a second.

I chuckled down at her, "You make such childish remarks.",

She huffed, "What do you want, Shawn?",

"How about friendship? I don't have many and you seem cool.", I said, looking down at my little mate. She didn't replied quickly and I began to feel nervous. She just looked ahead, not speaking. Her pouty looking Angelina Jolie lips were closed, but damn, did I want to open her mouth with mine and stick my tongue in her mouth. Eh, it may sound gross, but I can't help it. I'm a horn-dog. "But if you don't--"

She cut me off by looking up at me, "Why do you want to be friends with me? Don't you know i'm the odd ball here?",

I chuckled at her use of 'odd ball'. "Don't you know i'm new? I'll take as many friends as I can.",

She snorted, "Like I don't know your friends with Hayden and Miranda...more then friends I should say.", she said, looking forwards and snorted and I herd her grummble under her breath about me being 'a idiot' and 'she could do better'. To me, it sounds like jealousy.

I felt that guilty feeling again. She knows what I did with Miranda. Damnit. Of course she would know. Miranda I learned likes to gossip. "You know?", I asked, frowning down at her.

She snorted again, "Everyone does, Shawn.",

"She doesn't mean anything to me, though. She was nothing but a fling. I promise you--", I cut myself off since it sounds like i'm apoligizing---damn, I was. I can't let her know I care that she was upset and jealous with the thought. She looked up at me confused.

"Um, okay....?",

This is going to be so hard....

~

Makenna was surprised to see me sit next to her and looked at me confused, but I just smiled down at her and leaned against the bleacher above us. She continued to look at me confused and arched an eyebrow, but turned her head back around to our coach.

"Guess what, class.", Coach Martin said as he walked up to the class. "Today we're going to test your flexibility, stretching, how fast you can run, and how much weights you can lift. You also be doing other stuff, but we'll get to the later .", he grinned. He than looked up at Makenna, "Ms. Spears, I hear you do some gymnastics.",

Makenna jerks and her spine straighten up, "Uh...I used to.", she said awkwardly and nervously.

"Well, how long was 'used to'?", he asked.

"Two years.", she answered.

"Oh," he said, smiling up at her. "Your still good then.", he said, waving next to him. "Come down here and show us some so things. You can say your teaching class today with a guest-"

He was cut off when the doors open and Alpha Dylan walked in...? What the Hell is doing here? I looked over at Hayden, who also looked confused and just shrugged his shoulders. Alpha Dylan strode in with a pair of black sweat pants on and a white beater with some black and white sneakers. He smiled up at the class, "Hello.",

"Oh, you made it.", Coach Martina said.

Alpha Dylan looked at him confused and spoke when he was next to him, "Why wouldn't I? ",

Coach shrugged, "You sounded uncertain on the phone. Just thought you we're busier.",

Alpha Dylan smiled, "Well, I always have time when it comes to teaching. And gymnastic was always my favorite in school.",

"Oh, well, it's great you can make it.", he said, slapping his back, which Aphla Dylan didn't even flinched at since Coach Martin was a pretty strong man. He wiggled his finger at Makenna, "Ms. Spears, will ya?",

"Uh," she said. She got up, "Okay.", she said, sound uncertain. As she walked down the bleacher, Alpha Dylan was watching me. He has his hand behind his back and his chin raised a little as he stared at me with a look I couldn't explain. He was just...looking at me. I gave him a confused look before turning my attention back to my little mate, who was standing next to coach on his other side.

"Makenna," he said, "you don't mind showing the class some proper stretch moves, right?",

"Okay.", she said. She sat down on the floor and stretched her legs out in front of her. She bend her lower body down and reached her arms forward till they were touched her feet.

"Good, that's one way. It's to help you upper body better. Another way, Makenna.", he said. She nodded her head and got up.

"Your going to grabbed the back of your foot," she said, lifting her right leg up behind her and grabbed it with one of her hands, "And pushed forward and squeeze your bottom. You will do the same for the other legs.", she said and did the same thing with her left. "For your hand, you can twist your hands around and do the same thing.", she said, turning her hands in circles and doing the same thing with her neck.

For the past five minutes, Makenna continued showing us some basic strenches. I was amazed a little at how good she was. I mean, yeah, she stretching, but when Hayden said she was flexible, damn, he was right.

She got up from a stretch, "And those are the basic.", she said.

"Very good.", Coach said.

"Ms. Spears," Alpha Dylan said, walking up to her. "Can you do a back flip, though?",

She pulled some of the strain from her hair behind her ear and nodded, "Yes.",

"Can you show us one?",

She shrugged, "Sure.". She took a step back and took in a deep breath. She than jumped up, bring her knees up to her chest and did a black flip. Some of us cheer in amazement and Alpha Dylan smiled at her. I winced my eyes as I looked at him. Only because there something weird about him. Aside from his threat and knowing things, but I noticed how much he looked like Makenna. Same hair, nose, eyes, chin, and skin tone. Hmm, their probably relative. I don't know either of them well, it could be possibly.

Alpha Dylan clapped his hands, "Good. Now, lets see how money handsprings you can do.",

She nodded her head as she walked over to the right side of the room. She took another deep breath and she started with a quick sprint and did a cartwheel than her cartwheel turned into a back handspring. I counted as she did them and she did at least eleven.

On her last one, she had her arms in the air and had a huge smile on her face. I think she enjoys doing gymnastic. From the smile, I think she loved gymnastics actually.

Coach Martin and Alpha Dylan clapped their hands. "Good.", Alpha Dylan said. "Why don't we try one more thing. Do a back roll.",

She nodded her head and did as he said. I'm a little impressed. If she's flexible on the mat, I wonder if she flexible in bed. A devilish half-side grin came on my face. Evil thoughts ran around my thoughts. Oh, maybe having this little girl as my mate isn't such a bad thing...

Alpha Dylan head snapped to me and scowled up at me. My grin dropped and my back straighten up as I looked down at him in shock. What the fuck? Why is he scowling at me? I looked over at Hayden, who also looked taken back and he chuckled at me.

I looked back over at Alpha Dylan, who had his lips pressed tightly together and fire was in his light green eyes. I looked back over at Makenna, who must have also notice than she kept looking back and forth at Alpha Dylan and me with a confused look on her face.

This something wrong here and I don't even know what it is. I can just feel it in the pit of my stomach.  

------------ 

Vote-Comment-Become a fan!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.7K 31
NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY Bestseller Top #10 Amazon Bestseller #1 Barnes & Noble Bestseller Top #10 Bestseller on iTunes, and Kobo "Move over Twil...
297K 8K 41
My name is Mackenzie Black. Most people call me Mack for short though. I have long straight brown hair and ice blue grey eyes. I live in Florida and...
1.4M 39.6K 22
Good morning everyone and welcome to english 101, I am happy to tell you we have a werewolf among us. Well doesn't that sound strange? But it is what...
5.7K 185 21
(Picture from pinterest) Roses are red, violets are blue, one (or more) wishes will make your dreams come true! A valentines event! Views were able t...