Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

By vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 13: Human World
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies
Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice

4.5K 164 79
By vocaloidgeek14

(A/N: Thank you all for reading the last chapter. I'm really glad you liked it. I'm not really that good at writing fanfics, or writing period. But, I'm glad you guys like it! :3

By the way, the picture I drew for this chapter took me forever! XP. I drew Mayu and Konekomaru together. I thought I would give you a visual of what he looked like. I hope you like the drawing. :3 )
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I slowly sat up, my head throbbing. "Hey, is everyone okay?!" I shouted as I searched the darkness. "We're fine over here." Yoichi said, as Mitsuba and Kimizuki got up off the ground. I almost sighed in relief until I saw that Yuu and Shinoa were nowhere to be found.

I shot up off the ground. "Yuu-kun! Shinoa-chan! Where are you?!" I shouted, desperatly searching the darkness. "We're over here!" A faint voice said, causing me to look at the wall of ruble infront of me.

"Yuu-kun! Is that you? Are you and Shinoa-chan okay?" I asked, hoping that no one was injured to badly. We're fine, but the Corporal needs to be treated. Is their there a way you guys can get out?" He asked. I started to look for a way we could dig through, but there wasn't.

Kimizuki walked up next to me."We can, but we have to go the opposite way." He said. "Then you guys go ahead! We're going to stop by somewhere." Shinoa shouted so we could here her.

"Well meet you at the defense line!" Yuu said, his voice sounding slightly faint, meaning he was already getting ready to leave.

I bit my lip. "Yuu-kun! Promise me you'll be careful!" I said, hoping that he wasn't gone already. Receiving no answer, I went to turn around. "I promise! Stay safe until I get to you, alright!" Yuu shouted, making me smile. "I will..I promise.." I said as I leaned my head against the ruble.

"Please god...please bring him back to me alive and unharmed.."

"Um, but..." He started to say but Kimizuki cut him off. He saw the worried expression on my face and frowned. "Don't be late!" He said as they started to walk away. I quickly joined Kimizuki and the others. I froze when I remembered where we were.

"Oi, you guys." I said, causing them to turn my way. "Before we stop at the defense line...there's somewhere I want to stop by first..." I said. Mitsuba's eyes narrowed. "Where is it that you want to go..?" I let out a sigh.

"I want to go back to the place...where I was first kidnapped..."
.
.
.

Mikaela's P.O.V

A sudden explosion caught my attention, causing me to turn around. Something landed by my feet and I looked down, seeing a vampire's arm quickly turn to dust.

I looked back up to see someone standing where the explosion happened and my eyes narrowed. He was wearing a Japanese Imperial Demon Army uniform. I quickly drew my sword, catching his attention. He glared in my direction and pointed his word at me.

"Whoever he is..he seems pretty powerful...I need to take him out quickly...."

"Before he gets in my way..."

The Demon Army commander infront of me sighed in irritation. "Crap. I couldn't kill the commander." He mumbled. I soon heard footsteps behind me.

"Oh wow. That blow took out multiple men. Humans are sending their main forces, too." Ferid stated. I turned towards him, wondering what he meant by "Main forces". "The most elite squads of the Vampire Extermination Unit, the Moon Demon Company." He said, causing me to grit my teeth.

"Those stupid humans..."

Ferid turned around. "Well, Everyone, are you all ready?" He asked, turning towards the vampires. "Lets exterminate these low-life human beings."

I saw that the Demon Army soldiers had grown in number. There were more of them than I thought there were. Didn't these humans know when to give up?

"Hey, guys. Did the human blood taste good? You know that's the Last Supper?" The Demon Army commander asked as he pointed his sword at us. Suddenly, this weird black mass started to come out of the sword. "Lend me your power, Demon Blade: Mahiru-no-yo." He said, his demonic energy levels rising.

"Humans...do they desire power that much to the point where they are willing to make contracts with demons? I pray nothing like that has ever happened to Mayu-chan and Yuu-chan.."

The Demon Army commander turned towards his commrades. "Lets go, guys! We'll win this war if we can defend here." The Demon Army commander turned towards us and glared.

"Kill...all the vampires."
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

*Flashback: Four years ago.*

"Alright, Mika-Nii, Yuu-Nii, Mayu-Okaa-san, we're going!" One of the kids said as he started to go down the stairs. Mayu smiled. "Be careful kids!" She said as they started to head out. I smiled as I heard them arguing slightly. When I heard the door close, I let out a sigh.

"Hey, Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan." Mika said, catching our attention. I sighed and looked back at the book I was reading. "I'm busy right now." I said. Mayu frowned. "You can't be that busy.." She mumbled, I rolled my eyes.

I felt Mika tug at my sleeve. "Yuu-chan~~!" He whined, making Mayu giggle. I sighed in irritation. "Be quiet. What is it, Mika?" I asked, hoping to go back to my book soon. "If you could escape from here, what would you do, Yuu-chan?" Mika asked.

I looked at him curiously."huh? What nonsense are you talking about? The virus has spread to the outside world and annihilated the human race." I said, putting my book down. Mayu sat next to Mika and I, listening intently to what was going on.

"Hypothetically speaking, if we could escape to the outside world with just us family, if we could go to a world without vampires, don't you think it'd be fun?" Mika asked. "Just us?" I asked, looking t him curiously.

Mika nodded. "Yup, just us family." I looked down at the ground. "Sure, that sounds fun, but..." I started to say, but I stopped as soon as Mika's eyes lit up in excitement. "Really?!" I nodded. "Yeah, really."

Mika smiled and looked over at Mayu. "What would you do if we could escape from here Mayu-chan? " He asked, startling her. She scratched her cheek in embarrassment.

"U-Um...well...if I could, I would...um.." She said as she looked down at the growned. I smirked. "Can't think of anything, can ya shortstack?" I taunted, causing her to glare. "I already know what I want to do, idiot!" She stated. I glared back. "Who are you calling  an idiot, shortstack?" I shouted. She just crossed her arms and stuck her tounge out at me. "Who do you think, idiot?"

"Why you..." I growled as she giggled. "Oh no, I'm so very frightened!" She said sarcastically, only making me even more irritated than I was.

Mika laughed. "Then I guess I need to get busy." He mumbled, causing Mayu and I to stop fighting. We looked over at him curiously. "Huh?"

Mika noticed us and shook his head. "Oh, nothing." Suddenly, Mika got up and started to head down the stairs. "Well, I have some errands to run." I quickly got up. "Errands? What errands?" I asked as Mika shook his head. "It's nothing, really." He said, leaving Mayu and I alone in the room. I sighed and sat back down. "What a weirdo."

But...it didn't happen like Mika said.

*End of flashback*

I clenched my fists, the memories of the past hitting me like stones.

The outside world isn't a paradise either, Mika.

I looked inside the tent, seeing all of the injured soldiers. A few of them I saw had puncture wounds in their throats, which only made my past memories hit me harder.

Shinoa walked up to me, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Let's go, Yuu-san." She said, starting to walk away. "What about the Corporal?" I asked curiously, catching sight of him in the tent.

Shinoa smiled. "Don't worry, he'll live." I smiled back, relieved. "I see. I'm glad to here that." Even though I was relieved that the Corporal wasn't going to die, I couldn't shake my feelings of worry for Mayu.

I knew she could take care of herself, but I just couldn't leave her alone. We're family. We both made a promise the day we were rescued by Guren that no matter what happened, we were going to stick together always. I couldn't help but be anxious.

"Anyway, Lieutenant colonel Guren gave our squad an order." Shinoa said, catching my attention. "Guren's here?!" I asked as I looked around, making sure he wasn't anywhere near me. I didn't feel like being scolded.

Shinoa nodded. "Yes, messages were being sent to each post." She said as we walked away from the medical tent. " The Lieutenant colonel's at the intersection of West Shinjuku Fifth Street, fighting the vampire's main forces. He needs us ASAP."

"Guren?! In trouble?! There's no way...is there?"

"Main forces...if we crush them, then we'll win, right?" I asked, making Shinoa chuckle. "I'm sure they're thinking the same thing; crush the Lieutenant colonel and they win." She said, shaking her head.

"Let's hurry and join Mitsuba-chan's group at the defense line and head to Fifth Street." She said as we started to head out.

"I said that's impossible!"

I froze, turning my attention to the tent across from me. "Our orders are to send everyone at the defense line! If they get through there, Shinjuku will fall!" One of the soldiers shouted, sounding pretty angry.

I peeked into the tent, seeing three injured soldiers infront of him. "But our troops are close to annihilation as well!" One of the injured soldiers shouted, wincing at his injured arm.

"Don't we have the Extermination Unit there?" The main soldier asked. "Only four members of the Extermination Unit, and they're young kids!" The injured soldier said, my eyes widening.

"Wait...could he be talking about Mayu and the others?"

The injured soldier shook his head. "It's a matter of time until we're defeated." He said, his wounds getting worse. The main soldier sighed. "Okay, we'll send a Platoon as well. What's the--" He started to ask, but I quickly cut him off.

"I have to make sure...I need to know right now!"

"Oi, hold on! When you said the Extermination Unit, did you mean the Moon Demon Company?" I asked the injured soldier, who only gave me a confused look. "Huh? Um, I don't know. Who are you guys?" He asked, looking at both Shinoa and I.

Shinoa started to say something, but I cut her off. "The four that you mentioned is two girls and two guys?" I asked. The injured soldier nodded. "Y-Yes. That's right." My eyes widened.

"Oh no...Mayu..."

"Where are they fighting at?" I asked, wanting an answer quickly. "Sh-Shinjuku Central Park." He said nervously. I gritted my teeth.

"We'll go over there. Send the squads to the defense line, okay?!" I said as I quickly ran off. "Wait, Yuu-san!" Shinoa shouted, but I ignored her.

"I had a feeling! Mayu and the others are in danger, I need to go and help them!"

Shinoa grabbed my sleeze. "You need to think clearly! We don't know if that's Mitsuba-chan's group for sure! We can't act based on uncertain information!" She said. I just shook her off. "Lieutenant colonel Guren's backup is top priority! Even the Lieutenant colonel will struggle to fight with the vampire's main forces! Shinjuku's defense line isn't functioning!" She said, still continuing to chase after me.

"I understand already Shinoa....but I can't just not help our squad!"

"We're the only ones that can back up the Lieutenant colonel right now!" She stated. I stopped and looked back at her for a minute before continuing to walk away.

"I understand Guren needs our help...but with all due respect..."

"I think Guren can take care of himself.."
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

Guren charged towards the vampires and swung his sword, causing them to turn to dust. As soon as Guren attacked, the Demon Army soldiers quickly started to follow his lead.

The vampires themselves charged forward, killing a couple of the Demon Army soldiers in the process.

One of the vampires tried to attack Guren, but he quickly blocked the attack and kicked the vampire to the side. Sayuri took out a few vampires herself before joining Guren, the both of them back to back.

"Jeez, there's no end to this." Guren said, starting to get annoyed. Sayuri nodded. "Mito and I will back you up. You go after the commander." Guren smirked. "Well, I guess I'll do that then. I'm counting on you!" He said as he charged forward, going after the vampire commander.
.
.
.

Ferid chuckled. "This is getting interesting. If only the Thirteenth Progenitor, Crowley-kun, had made it, things would have gotten more interesting." He said, watching the war going on.

He sighed in disappointment. "Oh, well. Lacus, Rene, round up the others, and hold off everyone but the reckless one." He said. Lacus and Rene quickly headed off.

Ferid jumped down from the light post and turned towards Mika. "So, Mika-kun. Maybe I can see you, the Third Progenitor, Krul Tepes's favorite, in action."  He said. Causing Mika's eyes to narrow.

He didn't have plans on fighting..but if he had to..he would do it.
.
.
.

Guren charged forward, making Ferid smirk. "You and I will kill that pompous man. Okay?" He said as he went to draw his sword. Mika stepped forward. "I can handle him myself." Ferid's smirk grew wider. "Impressive." Mika glared. "I'll make him regret provoking me." He stated as he drew his sword. The sword responded to Mika's voice, causing red thorn vines to wrap around his hand.

"My, how scary." Said as he watched Mika charge towards Guren.

And now..the battle has begun..
.
.
.

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

Shinoa and I were running towards Shinjuku Central Park, hoping to get there in enough time to save the others.

"I hope your okay Mayu...I hope your alright..."

"We're close, Yuu-san!" Shinoa stated, trying to match my speed. I just kept on running, I needed to get there as fast fast as I could, no matter how painful it was to breath.

"Thanks..for coming with me." I said, startling her. She smiled at me. "Lieutenant colonel Guren said we're a new family. To put our life on the line for this family." I smiled.

"I guess...Guren was right."

Shinoa finally caught up with me. "Yuu-san, can I ask you something?" She asked. I looked over at her and nodded. "Sure, go ahead."

Shinoa looked up ahead. "I just wanted to know..are you in love with Mayu-san?" My eyes widened and I tripped, falling on my face.

"W-Wha...we're the hell did that come from!!!"

I ran up ahead, trying to hide my face. "W-What brought up that thought..?!" I asked, my face probably as red as a tomatoe. Shinoa giggled.

"I ask because of how you act around her. I mean, you two are really close, closer than a normal family. You two are always protecting each other, and arguing with each other, and laughing together at times. You both even comfort each other when you're sad." Shinoa said.

"I can tell that you are in love with her because of how protective you are over her, and how worried you get about her when she's in a dangerous situation. Also I can tell because of how embarrassed you get when she hugs you or even gets close to you." She said.

My face felt like it was on fire. She was right about all of that stuff. I was in love with Mayu, I really wanted to tell her, but how could I? We're in the middle of a war, how can I tell her?

Not caring how red my face was, I turned towards Shinoa. "You better promise not to tell Mayu." Shinoa giggled. "I promise." Soon, her smile faded and she became serious.

"Shinjuku Central Park is right ahead!"
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

I held the bundle of flowers in my hands as we walked towards Shinjuku Central Park. I felt really nervous. I hadn't seen that place in eight years, I wondered if it changed like everything else.

"I really hope the others aren't mad with me..."

I looked up at Mitsuba and the others, hoping that if I said anything at all they wouldn't yell at me. I felt someone put their hand on my shoukder, making me jump.

"Oi, Mayu. You felling alright?" Kimizuki asked, looking a little worried. I nodded hesitantly. "Y-Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just hoping..." I started to say as I looked down at the ground. "Hoping what?" Kimizuki asked curiously, causing Yoichi and Mitsuba to turn in my direction.

I sighed. "I'm just hoping that you guys aren't upset with me for delaying our trip to the defense line." I said, particularly looking up at Mitsuba.

"We're not mad. If you ask me, we need the break. We've been walking for hours." Mitsuba said, startling me. I smiled. "Thanks guys...for coming with me."

Yoichi turned towards us. "Oi, you guys. We're here!" He said as we entered the park. My gaze softened as I caught sight of the familiar scenery.

"It's been eight whole years...since I've been to this place..."

I smiled as old and happy memories played through my mind. I remembered my mother and I laying under the Sakura trees when they were in full bloom. My father taking me here to get my mind off of the mean kids at school. This was a happy place we're I could always go for comfort.

I saw something flutter past my cheek, and I looked up to see the Sakura tree in full bloom. It had caught fire so many years ago, I was surprised it was even able to produce blossoms again.

I walked towards the base of the tree and layed the flowers on the two graves that were there. I still couldn't believe Guren actually listened to my request.

I wiped the tears out of my eyes and started praying.

"Happy Birthday...Oto-san."

"Mayu-san..who's graves are these." Yoichi asked, looking at the two graves curiously. I looked up at him and the others who were also looking at the graves.

I sighed and stood up. "Well, I guess it's time I tell you why we're here." I pointed at the two graves infront of the tree. "These graves belong to my parents." I said, causing their eyes to widen.

"I asked to come here because I wanted to pay my final respects to my parents, and also wish my Oto-san his final Happy Birthday." I said, feeling like I was going to cry.

"This spot here, this park, is the same park I not only witnessed the death of my family, but the same park I was captured by the vamires." I said, turning towards my comrades. "Thank you all for coming with me and giving me your support. I am very grateful." Mitsuba smiled.

Suddenly, I heard some one clapping, turning my attention away from my comrades.

"How touching. Too bad I don't sympathize with you."

Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach and I was sent flying into a tree. It hurt so much that my mind went completely blank.

"Dammit...can't... breath.."

"Mayu!" Mitsuba shouted, guarding me from the vampires. "Damn vampires! What the hell is your problem?!" She shouted. I tried to get up, but I quickly fell back down.

"I need...to get up.."

I went to look for my weapon, but it was knocked out of my hands when I got kicked. I clenched my fists.

"Mayu. Hold still, don't try and move." Konekomaru said as my wounds started to heal.

"It hurts to breath.."

"It's because a couple of your ribs are broken. Don't move, they'll heal soon. But to warn you, healing broken bones hurts like hell."

I bit my lip, trying to keep from screaming. It hurt so much, it felt like someone was twisting my spin into a knot. Soon, the pain vanished, and I could breath again.

I slowly got up, using the tree for support. I saw that the others had already started fighting the vampires. There were too many for us to take on.

"Dammit...we're out numbered.."

Not only was I injured...but Kimizuki and the others were being pushed to far. I needed to help, but I couldn't reach my weapon..

One of the vampires chuckled. "Kill the injured one before she can find her weapon." He said, sending three vampires in my direction. My eyes widened as they stepped on my parents graves, crushing the flowers I had just set there.

"Oto...san....Okaa...san..."

The vampires swung their swords at me. "Time to die, human!" One of them shouted, about to hit me.

"Stop talking...just shut up."

I kicked the vampires out of my way and charged forward. "You mocked my feelings...hurt my friends...and you stepped all over my parents graves...you vampires really don't care about anything..." I shouted, as I grabbed my weapon off the ground.

Before the vampire could draw his sword, I swung my scythe at him, causing him to turn into dust. "Unlike you...I care about others.."

"Mayu! Behind you!" Kimizuki shouted, catching my attention. I didn't see the vampire behind me. It was already to late to block it's attack.

"Dammit!"

Kimizuki quickly blocked the vampires attack. The vampire tried to attack again, but Kimizuki killed him before he had the chance. "Things get this tough without the idiot and the shorty?" He asked, the last of the vampires starting to corner us.

"It's because we can't form a formation." Mitsuba said, holding up her weapon defensively.  I gritted my teeth. It was all my fault. I shouldn't have asked to come here..now we're all going to die.

"Here they come!" Kimizuki shouted as the vampires charged at us. Kimizuki blocked the vampires attack. "Don't you dare underestimate us!" He stated as he swung at the vampire causing it to turn into dust.

My eyes widened as a vampire came out of nowhere, charging at Kimizuki. "Oi, behind you!!" I shouted as the vampire went to swing at him.

"Dammit...he's not gonna block in enough time!"

Suddenly, the vampire turned into dust, my eyes widening as I saw someone had protected him.

"Y-Yuu-kun!!"

Shinoa swung her scythe, taking out the other vampires in the area. "You know, you really shouldn't take your eyes off your opponent, Mayu-san."

"Shinoa-chan!!"

Yuu turned towards us. "Where are the enemy troops?" He asked, looking around for more vampires. "There's none left." Kimizuki said, putting his weapon away. "The one you killed just now was the last one." Yoichi stated, putting his weapon away as well.

I walked over to my parents graves, fixing the flowers that were scattered all over the ground. "Well, damn you guys! That's awesome!" Yuu stated. Kimizuki just sighed.

"I'm just more skilled than you. So? What are you doing here?" He asked. Yuu frowned. "What do you mean? I heard you were in a terrible pinch so I came to help."

Kimizuki shook his head. "No one asked. Anyway, the mission was to regroup at the defense line. You said that." Yuu looked down at the ground, feeling guilty.

I got up, clenching my fists. "Oh, so it's different for me?!" I said, catching their attention. "I'm at fault to! I'm the one who stopped us from going to the defense line because I wanted to go visit my parents graves!" I shouted.

"I almost got us killed! So be happy that Yuu-kun and Shinoa-chan came to save us!" I said, gritting my teeth. Kimizuki sighed. "I understand that...but still," He said as he looked at Yuu.

"A situation like this wouldn't be enough to kill us. He needs to trust that we can do this by ourselves to." I looked down at the ground.

"I got it. I'm sorry." Yuu said, not looking at any of us. "If you got it, don't do the same thing again. Let's go." Kimizuki said ash he started to walk away. Yuu looked up at us. "But if it's the same situation tomorrow, I'm coming." He said, startling Kimizuki.

Kimizuki glared athim. "Huh? Were you listening to me?" Yuu shook his head. "It's not that I don't trust you guys, but I'm coming. Tomorrow, the day after, forever." He said, clenching his fists.

"Yuu...kun?"

"It's forgot that you were a hard-core idiot." Kimizuki sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. Mitsuba laughed. "It doesn't matter what or how much you say, Kimizuki. You can't fix stupid. Actually, the more you say it the more stupid he gets." Yuu pouted as I laughed. "You guys!"

I shielded my eyes from the sun as the clouds began to part.i looked up at the sky, seeing that the sun was starting to set.

"Okay, everyone. Since the rain has stopped, shall we go?" Shinoa asked, turning towards everyone. Yoichi nodded. "Since all six of us are here now, too." I looked over at Yuu, who was currently looking up at the sky.

I tilted my head curiously. "Yuu-kun..?" I asked, tugging on his sleeve. Suddenly, Yuu turned towards us, a very serious look on his face. "Okay, let's go! I'm gonna kill all those vampires!"

We started to walk away, heading towards the defense line. I stopped away turned back, taking one last look at my parents graves.

"Sayonara...Oto-san..Okaa-san!"

"I love you!"
.
.
.

Normal P.O.V

The war between the vampires and the Japanese Imperial Demon Army raged on, causing the number of dead bodies on each side to grow in number.

Guren and Mika continued to clash swords, not failing to dodge each others attacks. Guren smirked. "Well, well. Aren't you strong, huh?" Mika kept a straight face, not caring what his enemy had to say to him. "Yeah? But you're not strong." He stated bluntly, pointing his sword at Guren.

Suddenly, Guren put his sword back in its sheath and charged at Mika, catching him off guard. He quickly put a sutra on Mika's forhead, taking the advantage.

"Explode, Fudo Myo-o Spell."

The explosion from the sutra was strong enough to the point it almost sent people flying. One of the buildings in the area crumbled and fell over due to the damage.

Mika barely dodged that attack, his injuries slowly healing. Guren clicked his tongue in annoyance. "Tsk, you can dodge that? Come on."

Mika glared. "The explosion's too slow. Besides, you really think an old spellcraft like that works on vampires?" Mika heard someone behind him chuckle and he quickly turned around.

"Just as expected, Mika-kun. Overwhelming power and arrogance. But that arrogance will get the rug pulled out from under you. You need help?" Ferid asked. Mika gave him a confused look. "What does that mean? How could I possibly lose?" He asked. Ferid pointed at the ground. "The rug under you."

Mika quickly looked down at the ground. His eyes widened as he saw that he was trapped. "Our enemies don't plan on fighting one-on-one from the start." Ferid said, waiting to see how his comrade was going to get out of this one.

Guren smirked. "They've caught on, Shigure. Kill them." Yukimi started to attack Mika, her attacks getting a little harder for Mika to block.

Mika gritted his teeth, finding himself cornered again. "Goshi, cast the Illusionary Spell." Guren said, turning towards his other commrade. The blonde haired male smiled. "Already am." Suddenly, a huge monster charged at Mika, hoping to sink it's sharp teeth into him.

Mika quickly dodged, causing the monster to crash into near by building and disappear. Mika landed on the ground, out of range from any other attacks.

Or so he thought.

"There. Checkmate, vampire!" Guren said as he swung his sword, catching him off guard. Before Guren could hit Mika, Ferid drew his sword and blocked the attack, surprising the both of them.

Ferid chuckled. "There, Mika-kun. Now you owe me one." He said as he punched Guren in the face, causing him to go flying into the rubble. Guren coughed up blood as his spine collided with the pavement. "Damn, it's worse than I thought. The silver-haired vampire is extraordinarily powerful." He wheezed, wiping the blood off his chin.

Ferid turned towards his comrade. "Hey, Mika-kun? Don't underestimate humans. They're tricky, greedy, and sneaky. Although, it feels weird to say that to an ex-human." Mika turned towards Ferid and glared. "Shut up." He snarled, making Ferid smirk. "Anyway, let's get serious now. If we both work together--" He started to say, but Mika cut him off.

"I'm fine now. I know what their tactics are." He said, gripping his sword tighter. "My sword, drink more of my blood." The sword followed his command, causing the blades color to grow a shade darker.

Ferid chuckled. "See, arrogant. Is that the arrogance because you were a human until recently?" Ferid asked, causing Mika to send another glare in his direction.
.
.
.

Guren pulled out his container of pills and sighed. "Looks like I'll have to take two pills." Sayuri, who was busy fighting off Lacus, heard Guren, her eyes widening. "You can't, Lieutenant colonel Guren!" She shouted, taking her eyes away from her opponent.

Lacus smiled. "You shouldn't look away." He said as he went to take a swing at Sayuri. "Neither should you." Mito said as she appeared out of nowhere, startling the purple-haired vampire. He quickly dodged her attack. The only injury he received was a cut on his cheek.

Lacus smirked and wiped the blood off his cheek. "Not bad." Mito kept her eyes on her opponent. "Please don't do it Lieutenant colonel Guren! You could die if you take two pills!" She shouted.

Guren slowly stood up, using his sword for support. "Well end up dead even if I don't take it!" He said, wincing as his wounds got a bit worse. He looked at the vampires infront of him and gritted his teeth. "We have to kill them before the pill wears out!"

Mika pointed his sword at Guren. "Are you done talking? I'm coming then." He asked,  getting ready to charge forward. Guren smirked. "Well, aren't you polite? But could you give us a little more time?" He asked, causing Mika to lose his patience.

"How much more?" He asked, starting to get irritated. Guren held up his pill container.  "It's time to take our medicine, so if you could be quite for 20 seconds I'd--"He started to say, but Mika already ran out of patients.

He charged forward, swinging his sword at Guren. Guren quickly blocked his attack. "I didn't think you would. Plus, you're even faster than before." He said as Mika glared. "I'm not holding back anymore."

The two swung at each other, blocking each and every attack. "Holding back in a battlefield? You're so childish!" Guren taunted, hoping to get get a rise out of his enemy. "And you're going to be killed by that child." He growled as he charged at Guren once more, knocking the sword right out of Guren's hands.

"Dammit." Guren seethed as he found himself completely defenseless. Mika pointed his sword at Guren. "Looks like this is it."

"It's time to die...human.."
.
.
.

Mayu's P.O.V

We had finally reached the defense line, only to find Guren completely defenseless and about to be killed by a vampire.

"Oh no! Guren!!"

Mitsuba's eyes widened. "Not good! Lieutenant colonel Guren is...!" She said, quickly drawing her weapon. Shinoa drew her weapon as well. "Everyone, please take your pill! We'll save Lieutenant colonel Guren and retreat!" I grabbed my container of pills and clenched my jaw.

"I can save Guren...without taking these damn things..!!"

When Shinoa wasn't looking, I threw the container to the side, not even bothering to look back at it. I heard Konekomaru chuckle.

"Thank you, Mayu. You shouldn't need to rely on pills to help your power grow. I am more than able to supply you with the power those pill could never give you!"

I drew my weapon and ran forward. "Lets go!" Yuu said, matching my speed. My eyes widened as the vampire infront of Guren raise it's sword, getting ready to hit Guren.

I ran as fast as I could, trying to reach Guren before the vampire could...

But it was already too late..

My eyes widened as blood splattered against the pavement. Guren looked down in shock, the blade of the vampires sword slowly being plunged into his chest.

"That son of a....I'm gonna kill him!!!"

Even though Guren could be harsh, strict, and sometimes even bossy, I always thought of him like my father. He trained me when I was young, he helped me take care of Yuu, he even listened to my request and barried my parents remains. I owed Guren my life! I wasn't about ready to let anyone hurt him!

I gritted my teeth, feeling my anger take over. "What do you think you're doing to Guren!" Yuu growled as he drew his sword. I swung my scythe. "I'm gonna make sure I send you to the depths of hell!!" I seethed.

I heard the vampire click his tongue in annoyance. "More humans...so annoying." He said as he turned towards us.

My eyes widened and I stopped running, almost falling over. It couldn't be...was I seeing a ghost...

My eyes met with familiar sapphire ones, causing my heart to almost stop beating.

"W-Wha...no...why..."

I couldn't even think straight. It felt like my body was frozen. I saw Yuu run right past me, and I went to grab him.

"N-No...Yuu-kun stop...that's...that's..."

But it was already to late...Yuu had already stabbed him. I wasn't sure if I had even opened my mouth..or if the words even came out right, but all I could hear echo around me were the words:

"That's Mika-kun!!!"

I saw Yuu flinch, his eyes widening as well. "What...?"

I feel to my knees, my emotions all mixed up. I dropped my weapon on the ground, not even caring if Konekomaru was shouting at me to get up.

"Mika-kun...Mika-kun's alive?!! He was alive...and standing right infront of me...but.."

"But why...why is he fighting along side the vampires?!!"

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

893K 51K 60
"How can you love someone that you couldn't see in person?" "You don't understand." #30 in Fanfiction - Sept. 25, 2017 #727 - Aug. 1, 2017 Date start...
21.2K 1.4K 9
{Short Story} Jisung may have the exterior of a happy and bubbly boy, but on the inside, he's lonely. He's watched as people have eventually left him...
16.8K 544 15
So this is about a female reader, she has the power of all dragon slayers from Fairytail as a quirk. she can only do fire, iron, and wind. she is lea...
6.9K 243 32
Tommy, after leaving work is given a book and witnesses a fight between a villain named Mage and two heroes named Anaglyph and Warden. 2 years later...