Owari No Seraph: A Friendship...

By vocaloidgeek14

A deadly virus sweeps the Earth, leaving behind only children and vampires. Mayu is a young girl who was left... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: The World Of Blood Legacy
Chapter 2: Humanity After The Fall
Chapter 3: The Demon In Your Heart
Chapter 5: Black Demon's Contract
A/N
Chapter 6: New Family
Chapter 7: Mitsuba's Squad
Chapter 8: First Extermination
Chapter 9: Vampire Attack
Chapter 10: Results Of The Choice
Chapter 11: Reunion Of Childhood Friends
Chapter 12: Everyone's A Sinner
Chapter 13: Human World
Chapter 14: Complicated Connections
Chapter 15: Ambition In The Demon Army
Chapter 16: The Moon Demon's Orders
Chapter 17: Livestock Revolt
Chapter 18: Sword Of Justice
Chapter 19: Shinya and Guren
Chapter 20: Demon's Lullaby
Chapter 21: Traitorous Allies
Chapter 22: Yuu, Mika, and Mayu
Chapter 23: Arrogant Love
Chapter 24: Owari No Seraph
A/N
Chapter 25: Ones True Feelings
Yuu x Mayu
Mika x Mayu
Yuu x Mayu x Mika
Mika X Mayu

Chapter 4: Vampire Mikaela

7.1K 186 142
By vocaloidgeek14

Normal P.O.V

"It's a Four horsemen of John!"

"Run! It'll kill us all!"

All the civilians started to run, trying to find a safe place to hide. The Four horsemen of John swung it's tentacle-like arms, causing ruble to fly everywhere.

As the civilians were running, a girl tripped on a crack in the road, causing her to fall to the ground.

She tried to get up, but the Four horsemen of John quickly spotted her. The girl looked up at the monster in fear.

Footsteps caught her attention, causing her to turn around. Her warm brown eyes met cold sapphire ones as the vampire drew his sword.

He walked up to the Four horsemen of John, catching it's attention. It let out a loud growl as it charged at the blonde vampire.

"My sword." He commanded as red thorn vines wrapped around his hand and wrist, causing the swords blade to turn a crimson color.

The vampire charged at the Four horsemen of John. Before it could attack him, the vampire hit the monster with his sword, causing the monster to fall to the ground, dead.

The civilians started in amazment and relief. "We're saved...we'll get protection like Osaka now!" The civilians looked at each other and smiled. Cheering for their protection.

"Protection, he says. That's hilarious." The vampire turned around as he heard the familiar voice chuckle behind him, coming face to face with his comrade.

"Who would protect livestock. You own it. Right?" Lacus Welt, the vampires comrade said, as he came out of nowhere.

The vampire didn't say anything as usual, causing Lacus to sigh. "Anyway, you're strong as expected." He said as he walked up towards their last comrade, a dark haired vampire named Rene Simm. Lacus turned towards the blonde haired vampire and smirked. "Rumor has it that you became a vampire after drinking the blood of the Third Progenitor, Queen Krul Tepes. Is that true?"

The blonde vampire flinched as he recalled his frightening, blood filled past. Rene gritted his teeth. "Regardless of his background, he acted arbitrarily and took all the credit. In the end, he's just a greedy human that turned." He stated, giving the blonde vampire a look of disgust.

The blonde vampire looked up at the both of them and sneered. "I'm not interested in getting credit. Do what you want with it." With that being said, he turned around and walked away.

He didn't care what the others though of him, he just wanted to live long enough to find the two most important people in his life...

The ones he had to leave behind....

That was Mika cared about...

*Timeskip: A little while later*

"This district will be protected and ruled by the vampires from now on." Lacus announced, catching the people's attention.

He smiled. "In exchange for guaranteeing your safety, we'll be asking for you to donate your blood." Mika looked at them in annoyance.

"Stupid vampires....do they have to ask for blood everytime they help people...?"

He was broken out of his thoughts when he heard footsteps coming towards him. He turned to the girl from before who had fallen in the street. She was blushing slightly and looked really nervous.

"U-Um....you saved my life. Thank you very much..." She mumbled, tugging on her sleeve.

Without warning, she pulled down her shirt alittle, exposing her shoulder and neck. "To show my gratitude, I'd like to offer you my blood." Her hand was slightly trembling. "If it's for you...I.."

Mika was about to send her away, but he couldn't take his eyes off her neck. He swallowed the lump in his throat as he saw the blood coursing through her vains. It was all so very tempting.

He felt his fangs starting to tingle and he bit his lip. He had no plans on becoming an actual vampire. He never wanted that to happen.

He remembered back to when he was human...back when he was actually happy..

Mikaela's P.O.V

*Flashback: Four years ago.*

"This is like we're livestock!" Yuu complained as he looked at the outfit he was wearing. He gritted his teeth and looked over at me and Mayu.

"So Mika, let's start a revolution. We all can't be livestock forever!" He protested as he kicked a few rocks that were on the ground. Mayu giggled, catching his attention.

"I'm serious!" He exclaimed with a pout. Mayu smiled and patted his head. "I'm not laughing at your ambition silly! I'm just giggling cause you look so adorable when your mad." She stated, causing Yuu's face to turn red.

He quickly turned away, mumbling something under his breath. I sighed and looked out into the city. "Jeez, Yuu-chan. You're always stupid." I said, catching his attention.

He scowled. "What do you mean by always?" I chuckled. "You can't beat a vampire with your strength. You have to use your brain, your brain." I said as I pointed to my head.

Mayu came up behind me and hugged me. "Yup! Cause if you don't use your brain, you won't be able to think correctly." I looked back at the city, feeling my face heat up.

"Why....why is she so cute?!"

I quickly shook my head and got back to what I was trying to say. "I actually have an escape plan. Let's run away from this world of vampires." I stated, catching both Yuu and Mayu's attention.

"R-Really?!!" Mayu exclaimed, the excitement starting to show in her eyes. I smiled and nodded. "Just leave it to me!"

What I didn't know...was because of my shallow plan....

I didn't know that I was going to lose everyone...

*Timeskip: a couple days later.*

"Just run you idiot! Take Mayu-chan and go!" I yelled as tears spilled out of my eyes. All of my friends and family had been killed by that bastard Ferid, and the only two who were left alive were Yuu and Mayu..

And I wanted them to still stay alive no matter what...

Even if it meant throwing away my life to make it happen.

Yuu went to say something, but he quickly shut his mouth. He gritted his teeth and grabbed Mayu's hand and started to pull her towards the exit.

She tried her best to tear her hand out of his grasp. "N-No...let me go! Yuu-kun...we can't.." She said as she reached her free arm out towards me.

I gave her a reassuring smile as best I could, all my strength fading from my body.

"Goodbye...my dearest..."

Tears spilled out of her eyes as she was pulled farther away from me. "We can't leave Mika-kun...!!" She shouted as Yuu pulled her through the exit. I watched as she slipped out of my grasp.

"I love you...."

I felt my body fall to the ground, all my strength was gone. The only thing I could here was Mayu's voice.

"MIKA-KUN!!!"

I looked towards the exit.

"G-Good...If even just Yuu-chan and Mayu-chan got away, I'm..."

I heard the footsteps from behind me get closer. "What happened?" One of the vampires asked as he looked at the scene before him. One of the vampires walked towards me as another one bent down next to Ferid's corpse.

"Ferid-Sama has been shot." The vampire next to me bared his fangs and growled. "How dare livestock lay a hand on a noble?" He raised his foot in the air, preparing to stomp me into the ground.

"Stop. That human is mine."

I weakly turned my head to see who the voice belonged to and my eyes widened.

"I-Isn't that the Queen of the Vampires....?"

She looked like she was about my age, maybe a little older. She had long pink hair that fell down to her ankles and she wore this weird dress. The sleeves were covering her hands, so I couldn't see them at all. Not to mention she had this weird bat-looking creature following her.

The vampire that was next to me backed down quickly. "M-My Queen. Why are you here?" He asked, his voice sounding on edge. She just ignored him and bent down next to me.

"Oh, my." She mumbled as she looked my blood that was spilled out infront of her. "Looks like he will be dead soon." She stated, letting out an irritated giggle. "So, what exactly happened here, Ferid Bathroy?" She asked as she turned towards Ferid's corpse.

Suddenly Ferid sat up, turning towards The Vampire Queen. My eyes widened in surprise and horror.

"H-How...?! I...I thought Yuu-chan had killed him...?!"

"Well, hello, hello. Our Vampire Queen Krul Tepes. It's been a while." He said, giving her a smile.

"You're beautiful as always." He said, making Krul roll her eyes in disgust. She giggled. "Oh, thank you. Your smile is as atrocious as always, too."

Ferid chuckled. "How mean. I just got shot in the head. The reason why I'm managing to put on a smile is because of my love for you." Ferid said, sounding slightly upset.

Krul just laughed. "Yeah? Well, I thought the love you have is for my power." Ferid looked at Krul, his smile turning into more of an evil one. "I love that too." He stated darkly.

"So you, a Seventh Progenitor, was shot by a human child? Are you joking?" Krul asked. Ferid chuckled. "It's true."

"No, you let my Seraphs that I owned escape on purpose. Two of them got away, and one is barely alive." She said as she pointed at me.

"If you can explain this incident, then now's---" She started to say until Ferid cut her off. "Well, isn't it you that has some explaining to do?" He asked. Krul's eyes narrowed.

Ferid continued talking. "It's against the law to fiddle with the curse of the Seraphs. And also at the same time, you know that one of those so called "Seraphs" of yours is actually someone of more importance to you." He said causing her to flinch.

"W-What...is he talking about...? Who is...he talking about...?"

Ferid smiled deviously. "Lets see. I think she was a little girl with short green hair and bright pink eyes," Ferid said as he got closer to Krul.

"And if I remember correctly, isn't her name....Mayu Shiranui?" He asked, causing Krul to flinch again.

"D-Does...does she know Mayu-chan...?"

"One word from me to the Progenitor Council--" Ferid started to say until Krul cut him off. "What? I couldn't hear you." She said sarcastically.

Ferid glared at her. "I said, if I bring this up---" He started to say again until he was quickly kicked into the wall by Krul. She looked really mad.

Ferid got up and laughed. Krul started to charge at him again. "Perhaps I've made her too angry." Ferid as, preparing to strike at Krul. She quickly dodged his attack, slicing of his arm at the same time.

Before he could take action, Krul kicked Ferid in the face, causing him to fall to the ground. "I couldn't hear you well, do you mind repeating what you said?" Krul asked as she stepped on Ferid's throat.

Ferid smiled nerviously. "You're horrible, Krul. It'll stick back on, but it hurts like hell when torn off." He stated, making Krul smile.

She giggled. "You want me to rip off your head as well?" She asked, causing Ferid to swallow nerviously.

"That'd be a problem. Okay, I'll throw in the towel. I can't meddle in this case anymore." Krul frowned. She didn't look like she believed him.

"I swear. Besides, even I don't think I can survive here after crossing you." He said.

Krul sighed. "Hmph. Fine. But, if you pry into this case, or my life again..." She threatened as Ferid picked up his arm. "Don't worry. I value my life, too." He said as he started to walk away.

"But I'll come see you again Krul. After all, I love you." Ferid stated as he disappeared.

Krul's eyes narrowed and she growled. She turned towards me. "Hey, human, do you want to live more? I can give you life, an eternal life." She said.

My vision started to blur, making it harder for me to see.

"Do I still want to continue living...?"

Suddenly, Mayu popped into my head. Her sweet, cheerful smile made my heart feel warm again. I would give anything to see her face again...but I didn't want to give up my humanity...what would she think if I became a vampire...the one thing that she hates...

I felt tears well up in my eyes and I just let them fall. "I don't want it." I chocked, hating the answer I gave.

Krul just stared at me. "I see, so you don't want to live." Suddenly, Krul bit her lip, causing blood to drip down her chin. As soon as she did that, I found he hovering over me.

"But, you have no choice. Drink my blood and quit humanity." She said as she leaned closer to me. Her lips soon crashed into mine, causing me to flinch.

It was starting to get hard to breath, so I had no choice but to swallow her blood.

After that, the only thing I could hear was the sound of my muffled screams of pain as I felt my body starting to change.

And that is when I quit humanity

*End of flashback*

Yuuichiro's P.O.V

"I'm so tired..."

I walked down the hallway, feeling groggy. I didn't even see where I was going, causing me to bump into somebody.

"Hey! What's the big idea bumping into me?"

I looked over to see a guy around my age with short pink hair and glasses. He looked kinda angry. Like I cared.

"Jeez. It was just an accident. What a jerk!"

He glared at me. "Are you picking a fight with me?" He questioned as he walked up to me.

"Seriously?! What the hell is his problem?!"

"Whoa, what are you talking about?" I asked, but I was quickly cut off when he slammed his fist into my face. I stumbled backwards, hitting the railing of the stairs.

I felt blood drip from my nose and I wiped it away. I glared back at him, curling my fists.

"That's it! This jerk is gonna get now!"

I gritted my teeth and charged at him. "It's on!" I growled, preparing to punch him in the face.

"It's a good thing Mayu is having a better day then I am."

Mayu's P.O.V

"It's a good thing Yuu-kun is having a better day then I am."

Allow me to put you up to date on what's happening with me so far. At first, I was just sitting here, eating an apple and reading a book while sitting in the sun and feeling warm and dry, right?

Next thing I know, I'm over here, drenched from head to toe in freezing water, my apple was now on the ground collecting a hoard of ants, and the book I was reading, and enjoying mind you, is on the ground as well, it's pages all ruined because of the water.

And it's all because of Yuu-kun's crazy fan-girl!

Yup! You guessed correctly, it's the girl who confessed to him from before, who is now acting like a total bitch.

"Mind explaining...why you ruined my uniform...and my favorite book?" I asked, trying so desperatly not to punch this girl in the face.

She glared at me. "I'm going to ask again. What are you to Yuu-san?" She asked, putting the bucket she had in her hands on the ground.

I rubbed my temples. "As I said before, but you obviously didn't hear me, I am just his friend and nothing more." She gritted her teeth.

"LIAR! YOU THINK YOU'RE ALL THAT JUST BECAUSE YUU-SAN IS ONLY PAYING ATTENTION TO YOU, AND IT MAKES ME SICK!!" She exclaimed, raising her hand in the air.

"I tried to be nice...and this is what I get...?!"

She went to slap me, but I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to me. I grabbed the front of her shirt and stared her down.

Her eyes widened at my fast reflexes. Not knowing what to do next she stared at me in fear.

"You listen here now. I am nothing more than Yuu-kun's friend, and that's all I will ever be. So you have no reason to get pissed off at me just because you got rejected." I said, my eyes never leaving hers.

I could tell she was scared out of her mind. She was trembling. I sighed and let her go. She fell to the ground. I took my soaked hair out of my ponytail and started to walk away.

"And now, thanks to you, I have to change before my next class." I paused and turned back to her. "By the way, you need to think before you act. Because you have the wrong girl." She looked at me confused.

"W-What do you mean?" She asked as she got off the ground. I sighed. "He actually told me that he likes someone else. Who, I don't know." I replied.

She went to say something but I cut her off. "We'll talk more about this later, right now, I need to hurry and get changed. Lunch period is almost over." With that being said, I turned my back and walked away.

"I-I'm sorry..." She muttered. I paused and turned towards her. I smiled.

"I forgive you."

* Timeskip: In the dorm *

"That should do it!" I said as I put my now dry hair back in a pony tail. I paused, examining how long it was. It had been four years since I had last cut it.

"Should I stick with long hair..or should I go back to having it short?"

After two minutes of pondering, I shrugged my shoulders and went to walk out, but something caught my eye.

I looked towards the closet and opened it. I dug through the piles of folded clothes and pulled out a small box. I smiled slightly as I opened it.

I looked at the old picture that I had taken with me on that day four years ago, old memories spilling into my mind as I looked at it.

It was a picture of me, Yuu, Mika, Akane, and all of the other kids before we tried to escape from the vampires. Yuu, Mika, and I found an old camera laying around and we decided to take a picture together as a family. The camera later died, but that picture was one of our happiest moments together.

I smiled as I saw the younger me have both my arms around Mika and Yuu, smiling. Both boys were smiling and I saw they were blushing a little, making me giggle.

I soon felt something fall down my cheek, startling me. I sniffled and quickly wiped my eyes, trying to get my tears to stop.

"Dammit! Don't cry...don't..."

But it was too late, I already found myself hugging the picture tightly to my chest, crying my eyes out. I missed them so much...I missed hearing them laugh and call me Mayu-Okaa-san....

I missed Mika and Akane....I wished they were here with me...

"Hey Mayu-chan...."

I flinched as I remeber what Mika said to me long ago.

"I want you to promise me...that even if things are tough and I can't be there to make you smile...even when you are really sad...I want you to keep your chin held high, and smile the brightest you ever smiled. Can you promise me that, Mayu-chan?"

I wiped my eyes and sniffled.

"I promise...Mika-kun..I promise!"

I quickly stood up, fixing my uniform. I looked at the picture, my fingers tracing over the spot where Mika was.

"I need to be strong. I can't cry anymore!"

I went to my dresser and put the picture in the corner of the mirror.

"I'm gonna take revenge on all of the vampires that ever did you harm....starting with that bastard Ferid..."

* Timeskip: a little while later. *

"Yoichi-kun! Yuu-kun! Wait up!" I shouted as I caught sight of them. "Oh! Hi Mayu-chan!" Yoichi said, his eyes lighting up in excitement.

Yuu looked up at me quickly, then hid his face. My eyes narrowed.

"Wait....he's hiding something from me!"

I stormed up to Yuu and turned his face towards me. "O-Ow!" He winced as soon as I put my hand on his cheek. My eyes widened as I saw the scrapes and bruises.

"What the hell...? Don't tell me he got into another fight?!"

"Yuu-kun! What happened to your face!" I asked, giving him the "You better tell me" look. He looked to the side nervously, debating on whether or not he was going to tell me.

"I...uh...walked into a Telephone Pole." He said as he started to walk away. I crossed my arms. "A Telephone Pole? Really, that's the best you got?" I asked. I couldn't help but laugh.

"So, how ugly was this "Telephone Pole" anyway?" I asked. Yuu smirked. "Pretty ugly. It had this really nasty look too."

Yoichi laughed. "What are you talking about?" I couldn't help but giggle.

Suddenly, Shinoa appeared out of nowhere. "Your late." She said sternly. I giggled nervously and scratched the back of my head.

She looked at Yuu curiously. "Yuu-san, what happened to your face?" She asked, sounding a little suspisous.

"Is another suspension in order?" She teased, causing him to flinch. "I wasn't in a fight." He replied defensively. I rolled my eyes.

"Wasn't in a fight, huh? Yeah right."

Shinoa sighed. "Well, whatever. Anyway, today's finally the day." I tilted my head curiously.

"Wait...what was today again?"

After being sidetracked with so many things today, I really didn't remember what today was.

"Yes, that's right. We get to start the training classes for the Moon Demon Company today----" Yoichi started to say, but Yuu quickly cut him off.

"I don't need any training! Just let me fight already!" Yuu protested. I giggled. "Looks to me like you already did~~~!" I mumbled. Yuu turned to me, looking agitated. "What was that, shortstack?" He questioned.

I stuck my tongue out at him. His eyebrow twitched. "That's it! Get over here you!!" He shouted as he started to chase me. I giggled and started to run away from him. "I'll come over to you if you can catch me slow poke!" I taunted.

Shinoa cleared her throat causing us to pause. "If you are not gonna go through the training, you can head into the battlefield without a Cursed Gear or uniform." She stated bluntly and she headed into the school building.

"Damn, that's harsh!"

"That's almost butt-naked!" Yuu complained as we followed her inside. I poked him in the arm. "Then if you don't want that to happen, go through training." I stated. Yuu glared at me. I grinned.

Suddenly, he smirked. I looked at him suspiciously. "What are you planning?" He looked away. "Nothing much." I didn't trust that.

"Define "Nothing much"." I asked as we neared our assigned classroom. "You'll find out soon enough." Yuu said as we walked inside. I let out a small growl.

"I don't like that!"

"Excuse me." Shinoa said as she opened the door. All the students in the room looked up at us curiously, some whispering amongst themselves.

I looked around the classroom. Two people caught my eye. The first was a boy sitting in the back of the room. He had a book over his face, probably meaning he was asleep. And the second person was sitting in the very front of the classroom, and that person was...

"Wha...Lieutenant colonel Guren?! Please don't tell me he is going to be our instructor!"

Shinoa walked up to Guren. "I brought these three here, Lieutenant colonel Guren." At first he didn't answer her.

"Don't tell me...that he's also sleeping!"

"Lieutenant colonel!" She repeated. He opened his eyes looking both irritated and also tired.

"Hm? Ok." He mumbled as he got up out of his seat. He looked at all of the students. "Listen up, you guys. The reason for this rare appearance of mine, your supervising teacher, is because we've got transfer students." Guren announced as he pointed to us.

"For your information, a supervising teacher comes everday." Shinoa stated, causing Guren to glare at her. "You shut up! So, anyway, these guys are it." I straightened up a little.

"Well, let's see what insult he has for us this time. I wonder what he's gonna say about Yuu-kun."

I couldn't help but giggle at that thought. "Yuuichiro Hyakuya, Yoichi Saotome, and Mayu Shiranui. To put it simply, an idiot, a wuss, and a half-pint." Guren stated bluntly.

"A half-pint? A HALF-PINT?!! I am not that short!"

I looked over to see Yuu trying not to laugh and I elbowed him in the ribs. "For your information, I am not that short you idiot." I whispered.

"Who are you calling an idiot?!" Yuu asked, holding his side. "It's the truth. So shut up and introduce yourself." Guren replied bluntly.

I looked over at Guren, my eyes narrowing.

"Well isn't he in a bad mood."

"I don't need to." Yuu blurted catch both mine and Guren's attention. "I'm not here to make friends." He stated as he slammed his fist on the chalkboard. I face-palmed.

"Uggghh! Not this again...can't we just be done with this already?!"

Yuu turned and faced the other students, who were startled by his sudden outburst.

"I'll say it to you guys here, too. I don't plan on mingling with you guys!" Yuu stated. I wanted to hit my face on the wall now.

"You....are such an idiot..."

"Let me make it clear! I don't know what you nobodies learned till now, but it was all a waste of time! I'll be the one getting the best gear. That's all!" Yuu blurted. I gritted my teeth.

"That's it! You are so getting a punch in the head!"

As if Guren had read my mind, he suddenly punched Yuu in the head. ""That's all" my ass!" Yuu glared at Guren, holding the back of his head.

"What exactly did you learn from the general ed class, you idiot?!" Guren questioned. Yuu didn't answer him, causing Guren to sigh in irritation.

"That's enough. Sit down, idiot. Your seats over there." He said as he pointed towards the back row. I went to follow, but Guren stopped me. "If he starts acting like that when I'm not around, I give you full permission to put him in his place." Guren said, surprising me.

"He's really going to allow me to do that?!"

Without arguing, I nodded. "Alright, I understand."

"What's with you? This is my seat now so move your feet." Yuu said, catching my attention.

I turned to see Yuu talking to the kid who was sleeping with the book on his face. "Hey you, are you listening to me?" He asked. I walked over and grabbed Yuu's arm. "Come on Yuu-kun, leave him alone. He's just sleeping." I said.

I heard the guy infront of us let out an irritated sigh. "What is it, dammit? Is it already lunchtime?" He asked as he lifted the book off his face.

He looked about Yuu's age, maybe a little older. He had pink hair, glasses, and a piercing in his right ear. But what really caught my eye was that he and Yuu already seemed to know each other.

Yuu glared at the pink haired boy. "You're that Telephone Pole from this morning. What are you doing here?" Yuu questioned, causing the pink haired boy to shoot up out of his chair.

"Don't mess with me, that's my line. What do you mean by "Telephone Pole"?" He asked. Both boys continued to glare daggers at each other.

I sighed and pushed them away from each other. "Alright! That's enough already you two. Besides, do you even realize how idiotic you both look?" I asked. Yuu grabbed my arm and pushed me behind him.

"Stay back Mayu. I don't want you getting in the middle of this." He said as both boys started to argue again. I gritted my teeth and stormed towards Guren and the others.

I crossed my arms and leaned against the chalkboard. "They're your problem now." I growled as Guren sighed.

"What's wrong with them? I also had Kimizuki making friends in the general ed class under your watch." Guren said as he looked over at Shinoa.

Shinoa smiled at him as we watched both boys throwing punches at each other. "That's right." She replied. That wasn't exactly the answer Guren was looking for though. "And the result?" He asked, sounding impatient.

"Just as you see it." Shinoa said as she motioned to the two idiots using each other as punching bags. I was seriously starting to get irritated.

"Idiots..."

"Come on, do your job already." Guren stated. Shinoa just looked at him. "But I did watch. The morning, Shiho Kimizuki attacked Yuuichiro Hyakuya to test his ability." She said as I started to lose my patience.

Guren looked over at Shinoa curiously. "And? did you break them up?" Shinoa smirked. "I hid and watched, enjoying the show." She said causing Guren to sigh.

"Seriously, do you job.." He said. Angry, I clenched my fist and slammed it against the chalkboard. "WILL SOMEBODY GO AND STOP THEM BEFORE I LOSE MY FREAKING SANITY!!" I shouted, startling both Shinoa and Guren.

Guren sighed. "Alright, alright. Wait right here half-pint." He said as he ruffled my hair. I growled as I re-straightened my pony tail.

"I am not that short!!"

Both boys were about to throw another round of punches, until Guren walked up to them. "Shut up!" Guren shouted, suddenly kicking the two into the door. I jumped as I heard the both of them collide with the woods flat surface.

Both Yoichi and I ran to see if Yuu was okay. "Y-Yuu-kun?" Yoichi asked, trying to see if he was still alive.

"Leave them." Guren said as he started to walk back to the front of the classroom. "Alright then, it's been a while but let's start class."

I looked at Yuu and poked him in the face. He didn't move at all, but he was still breathing.

"He knocked them both unconscious!!!"

I sighed and lifted Yuu over my shoulder. I looked over at Guren. "Lieutenant colonel, may I at least take this idiot back to the dorm?" I asked. Guren sighed and waved me off. "Make it quick."

I nodded and headed out of the room. I couldn't help but laugh.

"You are such an idiot Yuu-kun."
.

.

.

.

Normal P.O.V

*Timeskip: a few hours later.*

The sound of classical music filled the room as Lieutenant colonel Guren sorted through paper work. He heard a knock on the door, catching his attention.

"Excuse me." Kimizuki said as he came in the room. "May I have a word, Lieutenant colonel Ichinose?" He asked.

Guren looked at Kimizuki and then back at his paper work. "No, and don't come in without permission." Guren stated bluntly. He didn't have anytime to deal with any more bullshit.

Kimizuki walked up to Guren's desk, ignoring what he said before. "Regarding the cursed gear Aptitude Test a week from now, naturally, I'll be granted a tryout for the top-ranked "Black Demon Series," right?" He asked.

"I told you not to come in." Guren said, ignoring Kimizuki. Kimizuki gritted his teeth and then began talking again. "I should have the best grades in all subjects." He stated.

Guren sighed and turned to face him, irritated. "Why are you in such such a hurry to obtain power?" He asked as he put the papers a side.

Kimizuki looked confused. "Why would you ask that? The army has all the intel about my..." He started to say until Guren cut him off.

"Yeah, of course we do. You need money to cure your sister that's infected with the Apocalypse Virus." Guren said, causing Kimizuki to flinch.

Kimizuki remembered back to when he took care of his sister. He remembered how he would watch her day and night, hoping that she would still be alive the next day. His heart tightened in pain when the thought of his sister not being alive passed through his mind.

But...he was not going to let that happen.

"But, in your current state, you won't perform well. You can't even touch a Cursed Gear, since they feed on people's lust." Guren said. Kimizuki smirked. "So then, are you saying that idiot Hyakuya would do alright?"

Guren leaned back in his chair. "I'm not sure, even though he has broken free from a demon once." He said, startling Kimizuki.

Guren smiled. "And surprisingly, I think he takes care of his friends, too. Especially that one girl you always see with him." He said.

Kimizuki gritted his teeth."Bullshit! I'm stronger compared to him..." He started to say until Guren cut him off. "You need more than just power! You need to make friends. Stop taking it all on yourself." Guren said as he got out of his chair.

"If you don't, when a demon possesses you, it'll take you and you won't be able to come back." He said as he drew his sword slightly.

Suddenly, a weird black mass started to swarm around the room, causing the record that was playing to stop. The room started to grow dark, a strange whispering sound ringing through Kimizuki's ears.

he tried not to show it, but it actually frightened Kimizuki. The black mass started to swarm around Guren. "Desperation and rage are demons' favorites. In your present state, lust will swallow you and you'll end up a real demon." Guren said, Kimizuki's eyes widening.

He never knew...that it would have been like that...
.

.

.

.

Mayu's P.O.V

*Timeskip: The next day.*

"Alright. Today, in preparation for next week's Cursed Gear Aptitude Test, I'll be judging your ability." Our instructor, Sayuri Hanayori, announced as she looked over her clipboard.

Sayuri looked back up at all of us. "If you can't get results here, you won't be able to take the Cursed Gear Aptitude Test, so give it your best." She said.

I looked to see Yoichi sulking. He looked really nervous. "I-I wonder if I'm up for it." He said. I giggled and patted his head. "Don't worry, Yoichi-kun. I know you'll make it!" I encouraged him.

"Whatever it is, I'm gonna get the strongest gear." Yuu said confidently. I looked at him in disbelief. "Really? You do realize were talking about Yoichi-kun here and not you?" I asked. Yuu chuckled nervously. "Sorry."

I went to say something back, but something caught my eye. I turned to see the pink haired boy Yuu got into a fight with yesterday glaring in our direction.

"That's Shiho Kimizuki, right? Why the hell is he glaring this way for?"

I glared right back, causing him to turn his eyes back towards our instructor. "Today, I will be evaluating on your cooperativeness traing. So please pick a partner." Sayuri said.

As soon as she said that, everyone started swarming off to find their partners. I turned towards Yuu to ask him to be my partner, but a familiar voice caught my attention.

"Shiranui-san!"

I turned to see the girl that had dumped the bucket of cold water on me yesterday morning. "Um, hi there. What are you doing here...uh.." I asked, surprised.

She bowed her head. "I'm really sorry about yesterday morning, so, I was wondering if I could be your partner, so we could get to know each other." She said.

I blinked curiously. I looked over at Yuu, seeing he was still looking for a partner. He went to ask Yoichi, but Shinoa quickly stole him.

Then my eye caught Kimizuki, who currently didn't have a partner either. I sighed.

"Well...they do need to get along at some point in their lives..."

I looked back over at the girl and smiled. "Sure! I don't see why I can't be your partner. So, please take care of me." I said as I bowed respectfully.

She looked at me, startled. "No, no, no. You don't have to do that." I giggled at her nervousness. "Well, since we didn't get to properly introduce ourselves to each other," I said as I stuck my hand out to her. She looked at me curiously.

"My name is Mayu Shiranui. It's nice to meet you." I said as I gave her a smile. She sheepishly took my hand and shook it. "M-My name is Mami Shigure (A/N: Sorry if that's not the girls name. They never really revealed it, so I came up with my own.)..it's nice to meet you, Mayu-san.." She said.

"Alright. Let's begin. I'll be scoring you and stuff so put on you game faces." Sayuri said as mine and Mami's wrists were cuffed. I looked at the hand cuff around my wrist in disbelief.

"You've got to be kidding me..."

I looked over at Yuu and Kimizuki to see that the both of them were facing away from each other. I sighed.

"Hopefully...they don't try to fight each other..."

Suddenly, the doors around us started to slowly creak open. I looked around, slowly starting to feel a small nervous feeling growing in the pit of my stomach.

"I don't like this already..."

As soon as the doors opened, these huge puppet like creatures emerged from the darkness, startling the other students. I stood on guard, feeling the adrenaline pump through my body.

"They look like the Four Horsemen of John..great..."

One of them started to head towards Mami and I, raising it's giant arm, ready to land a punch that would surely kill us.

"Lets go, Mami-chan!" I exclaimed as the both of us dodged the creatures attack. We stumbled backwards. I winced as I felt the cuff around my wrist start to press into my skin.

"Dammit...this isn't going to work well..."

The both of us went to dodge again, but Mami tripped, causing me to fall down to the ground with her. She screamed as the creature went to land another blow.

I gritted my teeth and quickly picked up Mami, dodging the monsters attack.

"That was a close one! You okay, Mami-chan?" I asked as I looked at the frightened girl in my arms. She nodded hesitantly. I nodded back and continued to run out of the monsters path, Mami still in my arms.

She tried to get out of my grasp. "M-Mayu-san...put me down! I'm gonna slow you down if you continue to carry me like this!" She exclaimed. I shook my head. "Actually, it's easier to move this way. So please just try to bare with it a little longer." I said, continuing to dodge attacks.

I looked over to see how Yuu and Kimizuki were doing, causing me to lose focus. I ended up bumping into another group, causing me to fall to the ground. Before I could get up, the puppet like creature was already hovering above us.

"D-Dammit...I'm not gonna dodge in enough time..."

The monster quickly swung it's fist down. My eyes widened and I quickly held Mami close to me, hoping to shield her from the attack as best I could.

I waited for the monsters fist to crush me, but it never happened. Curiously, I looked up to see all the puppet creatures had stopped moving.

"W-What the hell...?"

Suddenly, Sayuri came running down the stairs. "Kimizuki-kun, come to the hospital ward immediately! Your sister, Mirai took a turn for the worse!!" She exclaimed. I looked over at Kimizuki curiously.

"He...has a sister..?!"

Kimizuki looked back at Sayori. "I apologize. Please don't worry and continue the training." He said back, causing Sayori, Yuu, and I to look at him in disbelief.

"W...Wha..."

Yuu grabbed Kimizuki's shoulder. "Hey, hold on. You don't have time for that. Your sister's in danger, right?" Yuu asked as Kimizuki quickly pushed Yuu's hand away.

"I told you to shut up." He said. "I have to perform well here. I've gotten this far." Kimizuki said. Yuu stared at him in disbelief and anger.

I gritted my teeth, starting to feel angry myself. He was willing to abandon his sister for traing?! What was his problem?!

"Mami-chan, stay here."I said. She looked at me curiously. "We're cuffed together remember? You can't go over there by your..." She started to say, but I stopped her.

I quickly grabbed the chain and pulled it apart with all my strength. After a few seconds, it finally snapped, giving me back my ability to go places on my own.

Mami looked at me and the chain in amazment. She went to ask me how I did it, but I was to focused on what was going on right infront of me.

"That does it..."

I gritted my teeth and walked towards Yuu and Kimizuki. "So that means you would abandon your own sister...just so you can excel at this school..." I said, catching both boy's attention. I clenched my fists.

"That's unforgivable..."

Before Kimizuki could say anything, I punched him in the face hard, knocking the glasses off his face. Since I forgot he and Yuu were both still cuffed together, Yuu fell down the the ground along with Kimizuki. But, I was too mad to even care at that moment.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO DO THAT!!" I shouted. Kimizuki looked up at me, holding his now swollen cheek. I gritted my teeth.

"SHE'S YOUR SISTER, YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD, AND YOU'RE WILLING TO JUST SIT HERE WITH YOUR THUMB UP YOUR ASS, LETTING HER LIFE SLIP AWAY!! JUST LIKE THAT!!" I shouted, trying to hold back more of my anger that was willing to pour out.

I grabbed Kimizuki by the front of his shirt, my eyes meeting his.

"Now...you better listen to me, and you better listen good. I don't care what purpose you have for trying to excel at all of your subject, I could give two shits about what it's for. But, I do care about how you are leaving your family behind to suffer when they need you the most." I growled. I pointed over at Yuu, startling him.

"You see him, the one that you don't like? He's the only family that I have left in this world, and he's not even related to me by blood. I lost my real parents to the Apocalypse, and my friends to vampires. And if he was in your sisters place right now, I would stay by his side until he got better. So...so..." I said, trying my best not to cry.

I bit my lip and gripped the front of Kimizuki's shirt even tighter. "So I want you to be with your sister...until you can't anymore! I want you to be there for her..because right now...she needs you more than anything.." I said, Kimizuki's eyes widening.

"So..GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GO SEE HER ALREADY!!" I shouted my anger slowly starting to dwindle.

With that being said, I let go of Kimizuki's shirt, causing him to fall back on the ground. I quickly broke the chain between Yuu and Kimizuki's hand cuffs. As soon as I did, Kimizuki took off running as fast as he could.

I looked towards the doors, running off to catch up to Kimizuki. Yuu was quickly on my heels, chasing after the both of us.

"I hope that girl is alright...!!"
.

.

.

.

The three of us finally reached the hospital ward. As soon as we did, Kimizuki ran up to see how she was doing. Yuu and I stood near the door.

"Is she okay..."

"Kimizuki-kun, we got through the crisis today, but commercial medical equipment against the virus isn't..." The doctor started to say, not sure if he could finish the rest of his sentence.

I gripped my arm tightly. I looked at Kimizuki's sister, seeing these weird purple designs on the left side of her face and neck.

Kimizuki put his hand on his sisters. "I understand. But soon I will join the Moon Demon Company, and then I can transfer her to the army's facility. Please take care of her a little while longer." He said.

*Timeskip:" a little later.

The three of us were sitting on a bench outside of the hospital ward. I closed my eyes, enjoying the cool night air.

"Thank goodness she's okay." Yuu said, breaking the silence. I smiled. I was glad Kimizuki's sister was alright. Then, a sudden wave of guilt started to wash over me. I looked at my hand, examining my bruised knuckles.

I coughed slightly, starting to feel a tiny bit akward. "U-Um...hey, uh...Kimizuki-kun...I just wanted to say...um....eh.." I wanted to apologize, but the words wouldn't form correctly.

I looked at my sneakers and took a deep breath. "I just wanted to say...I'm sorry for punching you in..." I started to say, but he cut me off.

"It's your fault.." He mumbled. I turned towards him.

"What...?"

"Because of you, I got a poor evaluation. I won't be able to join the Moon Demon Company. Then my sister's life can't be saved." He said, clenching his fists. He sounded like he was trying to hold back from crying.

Yuu turned towards Kimizuki, about to say something. I put my hand up, motioning for him to be quiet.

"Dammit...don't give up so easily.."

I walked towards the other side of the bench where Kimizuki was sitting and sat right next to him. Without warning, I pulled him into a side hug, startling him.

"Don't give up on your sisters life that easily." I said, hugging him tighter.

Yuu turned towards Kimizuki and I. "Mayu is right..about all of this. Poor evaluation? Can't be saved? That's bullshit. I'm going to get what I want no matter what. We all are." He said as he looked up at the darkened sky.

I looked up at him. I could see it in Yuu's eyes. He wasn't just thinking about me, he was thinking about Mika and the others. I couldn't help but smile slightly.

"To do that, the army or the Moon Demon Comany doesn't matter! But you, you're going to simply give up on your family's life?" Yuu asked. I felt Kimizuki flinch.

"What?! Who said anything about giving up?" Kimizuki asked as he pulled out of the hug I gave him. It looked like he was trying to say something else, but he wasn't sure he wanted to.

Instead he let out a frustrated sigh. "Dammit!! What the hell is with you two?! It's all your fault that..." He said, cutting himself off.

Suddenly, he smiled. "But you're right." He mumbled, catching both mine and Yuu's attention.

"I will say I am grateful this once, since I was able to be with my sister at a critical moment." I smiled and stretched.

"Wow...I didn't know he could smile.."

"Sorry. Because of my sister, I made you get a poor evaluation, too." He apologized. Yuu chuckled and laid his head back on the bench. I went to get up and go sit back next to Yuu, but suddenly, I felt someone grab my hand.

"By...by the way...I accept your apology.." Kimizuki mumbled, hiding his face from me. He wasn't doing such a good job though. I giggled as I saw he was slightly blushing.

"Thank you...friend..."
.

.

.

.

.

Mikaela's P.O.V

"Today, we've gathered all the nobles with the Progenitor's blood for one reason: threat!" The female vampire's voice boomed through the microphone, cutting off the crowds chatter.

I looked around, seeing all the vampires in the seats, and up above them all, sitting in her thrown, was Krul Tepes.

"Running wild around Northern Tokyo, is a human organization called the Japanese Imperial Demon Army." She said. A small movement caught my eye, and I quickly turned to see Ferid motioning for me to come sit next to him.

I glared at him and turned the opposite direction. Ferid just chuckled and let me pass. As soon as he did, he turned to look at someone. He got out of his seat and bowed, letting the person sit in the seat opposite to him.

I didn't exactly see who she was, but all I saw was her long green hair. I sighed as the color seemed kind of nestolgic.

"That's the same color of Mayu's hair..."

I felt a small twinge of sadness in my chest, causing my heart to squeeze painfully.

I missed her so much...but, I knew I was going to be able to see her and Yuu soon enough...hopefully..

"This same organization is killing our brothers, expanding their territory, and flirting with the forbbiden." The female vampire said, causing some of the other vampires to talk amongst themselves.

"A human organization."

"According to our intel, they are experimenting with the Owari No Seraph again. If we keep letting them run loose, another plague like the one eight years ago will occur for sure." She said, the other vampires started to nod in agreeance.

Krul suddenly got out of her throne. "Therefore, we have decided to exterminate the Japanese Imperial Demon Army." She said startling the female vampire.

She smirked, her red eyes full of blood lust.

"This is war!"

The vampires in the crowd started to get louder, startled by Krul's brash statement. "To protect world stability, we will wipe out the greedy humans!" She stated, causing all the vampires to cheer.

I gritted my teeth.

"War, Owari No Seraph...Yuu-chan, Mayu-chan, I'll come to your rescue soon...

No matter what the cost...

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 593 39
Y/n is part of the trio of Emma, Norman, and Ray. She's quieter than the rest and spends most of her time playing guitar, reading with Norman, or pla...
893K 51K 60
"How can you love someone that you couldn't see in person?" "You don't understand." #30 in Fanfiction - Sept. 25, 2017 #727 - Aug. 1, 2017 Date start...
6.9K 243 32
Tommy, after leaving work is given a book and witnesses a fight between a villain named Mage and two heroes named Anaglyph and Warden. 2 years later...
425K 16.7K 54
Agent Twilight has been assigned to get a wife and two children, a 6-year-old and a teenager. Without his knowledge, he takes in three people who are...