All the Ways

By electricxheat

title inspiration: All the Ways by Wet "I don't ever wanna leave you, I never wanna be alone again." johnny g... More

i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv

xxi

550 9 0
By electricxheat

"I'm leaving now!" Paige stuck her head in Amber's room, where she was getting ready for her work party. Amber, in all her contouring and baking glory, paused what she was doing to say goodbye to Paige.

"Wowee, you look so fancy! Flames game or prom night?" Amber was shocked to see Paige with her hair curled, wearing her red Flames jersey with white jeans and wedge booties. Paige usually went to Flames games wearing a jersey, leggings, and her classic riding boots.

"Too much? John said the wives were gonna be there, so I wanted to look presentable. Where there are wives, there are pictures." She straightened her jersey and adjusted the Michael Kors bag hanging off of her forearm.

"You look great." Amber smiled at her and turned back to her mirror.

Paige shut her door and went out to the living room, where Vivienne was currently watching a movie and blowing her nose. Winters in Calgary were brutal, and it was apparent that Vivienne was the most current victim. Paige cleaned up her used tissues, throwing them away, and giving her a new box along with more water. She kissed the top of her head, "Feel better, my sunshine."

Vivienne gave her a small smile and coughed, "Thank you, have fun tonight!"

Paige had to leave earlier than usual today, due to Johnny asking her to help the other wives and girlfriends out with setting up a table for the Flames Foundation. They were doing a fundraiser tonight, and Paige was more than happy to help out. She parked her car in the players' lot again, next to Johnny's car. As she put her car in park, she received a call from Johnny.

"Hello?" She answered, still sitting in her car.

"Are you here?"

"I just pulled up. What's up?"

"Okay, so meet them in the concourse... After you come see me by the locker rooms because I just wanna see you."

Paige laughed, "I was already planning on both of those things." She hung up and hopped out of her car, throwing her keys in her purse and entering the arena. Paige scurried to the locker rooms, where Johnny was waiting for her, wearing his usual pre-game suit and beanie.

"Wow, you look so... Wow." He pulled her into a hug and gave her a quick peck. Paige rubbed mauve lipstick off of his lips with her thumb. Johnny made a face at her.

"I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks, loverboy," She gave him a wide smile, "Good luck tonight. I love you."

He kissed her forehead this time, steering away from the lipstick, "I love you too. I'll see you later tonight."

They pulled apart and went their separate ways. As Paige walked up to the concourse, her phone buzzed in her back pocket. She reached for it to see what was up. Sean had texted her. Sean never texts her. She unlocked her phone to view the text. It turned out to be a photo of Johnny and Paige, Paige with her back to the camera, showing the name and number on her jersey. Johnny was wincing at her as she ran her thumb over his lips. It was a silly photo. She absolutely loved it. She sent Sean a quick reply.

Paige
So creepy but I love this so I forgive you 🙄 Thanks monny

Sean Monahan
You two are so cute it makes me sick
Silly kids

Paige met the other WAGs by where the charity booth was going to be. She waved hello to Katie Stajan, Ida Ortio, Kayleigh Chapman, and a few others. It seemed like everyone's significant others were at the game tonight, with the exception of Amber and Vivienne. Paige felt like a sore thumb. All of the other girls were so comfortable around each other, and she felt stuck in the gray area between acquaintances and friends. The other WAGs were exceptionally kind to her, though. She wondered why she never really went out and did things with them, but remembered that it was because her and Johnny weren't together very long. The only time Paige had seen the other wives and girlfriends were during Joe's New Years party and some of them came to Amber's birthday.

She had finished helping the other girls with the lottery booth, and was now sitting in a suite with Katie Stajan, who was playing with her son, Elliott.

Katie turned to Paige, "I know this is a loaded request, but can you watch Elliott during warm ups please? I have to run the booth and you're the only girl staying in here."

Paige gave her a big smile, "Yes, of course!"

Katie handed Elliott to her, "Thank you so much, Paige! Matt also likes seeing him during warm ups, so you guys should go to the glass. It's actually really fun. I'll see you in a few!" She walked out of the suite and to the concourse.

Paige sat Elliott on her lap; he smiled widely at her and laughed. She laughed as well. Paige was great with kids. She held Elliott in her arms as she walked down to the glass for warm ups. Paige never really did this before, so it was an interesting new experience. Everyone around her was wearing a Gaudreau jersey, and she felt very proud.

The team came out, and Elliott was smiling while seeing them skate in circles. He pointed to Matt Stajan, babbling, "Daddy!"

Paige bounced him in her arms, giggling, "Yeah, El!"

Matt Stajan approached them, grinning through the glass. Elliott giggled as Matt held his gloved hand up to the glass, Elliott high-fiving it. Matt gave Paige a quick wave as well, and skated off, approaching Johnny and pointing to the two, who were laughing by the glass.

Johnny skated over to his girlfriend and his teammate's child, with his mouth guard partly out of his mouth. He bumped into the glass on purpose with his shoulder to get Paige and Elliott's attention. Paige grinned and opened her mouth in an O shape, looking at Elliott then pointing at Johnny. She said something he couldn't hear over the glass and loud music, and he skated off.

Paige bounced Elliott on her hip, "Who's our favorite player, El?"

He grinned and pointed at Johnny, "Johnny!"

"Atta boy!" She held one hand up and his tiny palm connected with hers.

The two came back to the suite after warm ups, where Katie and a couple other WAGs were back in the suite, sitting. Paige came in smiling, still holding Elliott.

She handed him off to Katie, "Thank you so much!" Katie said, sitting Elliott on her lap.

"It's no problem at all!" Paige grabbed a seat, "He's very fun to be around. Who's our favorite player, El?"

"Johnny!" He said, grinning at his mother.

Katie broke out in laughter, "Oh my goodness, Paige."

/////

The game ended in a solid win for the Flames, who won 5-3 against the Habs. Johnny got a goal and an assist, which earned him honors of being the second star of the night. She waited for him outside of the locker room, texting Amber and Vivienne about the game, due to Sean and Sam earning first and third star, respectively.

Johnny, Sean, and Sam all approached Paige simultaneously. She cocked an eyebrow, "What do you guys want?"

Sam looked down at Paige. He was literally a foot taller than her. "Can we come over tonight, please?"

Paige rolled her eyes, "I guess," She pointed at Sam, "But you're babying your girlfriend," And she pointed at Sean, "And you're taking care of your presumably drunk girlfriend."

They both nodded. Johnny piped in, "What about me?"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there." She leaned in to kiss him, and Sean and Sam just made gagging noises. Paige flipped them both off when her and Johnny pulled apart.

Paige pulled out of the parking lot first, the three boys trailing her. She got to her apartment first, the boys arriving five minutes after her. They probably got caught up signing autographs. She parked in her usual spot, then Johnny parked next to her. Sean parked next to Johnny, and Sam parked next to Sean. The trio of dirty black cars gave her a headache. They all walked up to her apartment, and once Paige unlocked the door, she announced, "We have visitors!"

Amber sat on the couch with Vivienne, who was wrapped around a blanket. The girls looked towards the door and saw their boyfriends.

Sam walked to Vivienne and plopped down right next to her, moving Amber out of the way. Amber rolled her eyes as Sam put his arm around Vivienne and kissed the top of her head. Vivienne rested her head on his shoulder and smiled.

Sean sat on the floor in front of Amber, who put her hands in his hair. He tilted his head up to look at her, "Sober?"

She sighed, "Yeah. I drove because I have class tomorrow."

He nodded, "Wanna tell me about your night?"

She kicked him lightly so he stood up. She stood up as well and gripped his hand, leading him to her room, "Yeah, but I'm kinda tired so I might fall asleep while I'm telling you."

"That's okay," He opened her door for her and followed her inside, "As long as I'm with you."

She gave him a small smile, "Shut up."

Johnny and Paige laid in Paige's bed, talking about how their nights went. Johnny could not stop talking about how well his game went. Paige ran her fingertips through his hair, listening to everything he had to say. He paused and looked up at her, she stopped what she was doing, "What?"

He shook his head, "Nothing. You just looked so beautiful tonight, and you were so cute with Stajan's kid. You looked so happy."

She smiled at him and scooted herself down so she would be laying on his chest, "I'm always happy when I'm watching you play." She pulled out her phone, seeing her new lock screen, which was the photo Sean took of the two earlier.

He pointed to it, "What is that?"

"Sean sent it to me earlier. Isn't it cute?"

He chuckled, "Post it."

Paige obliged. She posted it to Instagram.

@paige_ellis: No one else I'd rather cheer my heart out for every single night. (Sorry for getting lipstick on you, Johnny. Mauve might be your shade though.) 😝😘💘💋

Johnny got the notification and laughed at it for a good while. He commented on it as Paige watched him type.

@johngaudreau03: What the heck is mauve

Paige laid on his chest for a little while longer, laughing at his comment. In a few minutes, notifications kept on popping up on her phone.

@a_reins: when he doesn't know what mauve is #dumpnchange
@vivdietrich: ^
@joshjooris: ^^
@monahan20: Photo creds.
@mattygaudreau11: 😷😷
@katiestajan: My son's favourite player & my son's favourite babysitter in one pic 😝💗

Paige scrolled through her notifications as Johnny watched and chuckled with her.

"Did Elliott really say I'm his favorite player?"

Paige nodded.

"Oh man. Stajan's gonna get a kick outta that one, Paige."

"You're my favorite player too, John." She kissed him.

"And you're my favorite cheerleader."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 277 27
"please don't leave me liv" "i have no choice, you know that" "just please for me, stay..."
11K 108 38
It must be meant to be when two people parted ways and then keep getting reconnected with one another. But it all turns when it ends up in a love t...
400K 6.2K 113
"I love to love, to love, to love, to love you. I hate to hate, to hate, to hate, to hate you. Put the Beatles on, light the candles, go back to bed"
82.8K 2K 38
q°✩ | ˗ˏˋ β˜† ΛŽΛŠΛ— | π˜π—²π˜π—΅π—²π—Ώπ—²π—± "with you by my side forever tethered evermore" ❝ you don't get to pity yourself. you caused this ❞ ❝ i don't know...