Salvation » the vampire diari...

By -kingsalvatore

[DISCONTINUED] in which Evelyn Salvatore finds salvation in a lover - » start... More

IMPORTANT!!
» cast «
» playlist «
» prologue «
» chapter 1 «
» chapter 2 «
» chapter 3 «
» chapter 4 «
» chapter 5 «
» chapter 6 «
» chapter 7 «
» chapter 8 «
» chapter 9 «
» chapter 10 «
» chapter 11 «
» chapter 12 «
» chapter 13 «
» chapter 14 «
» chapter 15 «
» chapter 16 «
» chapter 18 «
» chapter 19 «
» chapter 20 «
» chapter 21 «
» chapter 22 «
» chapter 23 «
» chapter 24 «
» chapter 25 «
» chapter 26 «
» chapter 27 «
» chapter 28 «
» chapter 29 «
» chapter 30 «
» chapter 31 «
» chapter 32 «
» chapter 33 «
» chapter 34 «
» chapter 35 «
» chapter 36 «
» chapter 37 «
» chapter 38 «
update!
» chapter 39 «
» chapter 40 «

» chapter 17 «

3.4K 101 4
By -kingsalvatore

Elena and Evie are getting dressed for the Founders' Day Parade. Elena puts her necklace on as Jenna helps her get into her dress.

Elena grimaces as Jenna pulls the corset strings tighter. "Ouch, this dress hurts."

Jenna pulls on the strings again, "Suck it in, baby."

"You get used to it," Evie comments as she started to fix her undergarments so that Jenna and Elena can help her into her corset.

Evie's dress was an ivy green corset with black details and a huge black skirt. She pulled on her choker and slipped her skirt on as Jenna finished Elena and was ready to help Evie.

Evie placed her hands on a wooden bar in front of her. and sucked in a deep breath as Jenna started to tighten the corset.

When Jenna pulled on the strings, Evie let out a shaky breath as flashbacks came to her of her younger self.

-

Elena and Evie arrived at the high school and Evie immediately left to find Damon.

She spotted him standing beside Stefan and she quickly walked over.

"You look exactly like you did in 1864," He said when she arrived.

"Thanks, old man," Evie laughed in reply.

"Ladies! Time to get on the float!" Carol's voice screeches before climbing onto the stage to announce the floats.

"Let's give a big hand to the Mystic Fall's high school Marching Band!" The marching band and the cheerleaders parade, everyone applauds and scream.

"And for a little local history, Mr. Saltzman's students have recreated Virginia's Battle of Willow Creek."

The float that Jeremy and Tyler were on went ahead, everyone cheering.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome our stunning Miss Mystic Falls Court and their handsome escorts."

Finally it's the girls' turn, and the float jerks forward as they start to move.

"This is Caroline Forbes, Miss Mystic Falls. Aren't they beautiful?"

They all wave, everyone smiling to the crowd but Matt. He looked heartbroken as he stood next to his ex.

"I remember why I didn't do this," Damon whispered in Evie's ear.

"Believe me, it was horrible. But, it was also fun being the Mystic Falls queen," Evie whispered back with a chuckle.

-

After Evie had called Caroline to see if she was getting home safe, Damon and Evie were looking and walking around in the town square, when they ran into Anna.

"You're still around?" Evie asked her in surprise.

"There's something you need to know. The vampires from the tomb are planning an attack tonight," She said quickly.

Damon narrowed his eyes at her in disbelief, "How do you know this?"

"I went to them. They think I'm with them but I'm not. They want the Founding Families dead."

"When is this supposed to happen?" Evie worriedly asked.

"When the fireworks start."

There is a long pause of silence between them, Damon and Evie trying to digest their new information.

"John Gilbert wants to use that invention on them," Damon realizes.

"Then we can't be here!" Anna exclaims.

"It doesn't work, it's been deactivated."

"Well, then a lot of people are gonna die," Anna states.

"Where are they right now?" Evie questions.

Anna's eyes widen in horror, "They're already here, Evelyn."

Anna walked off, leaving the twins alone. "So, what's the plan?" Evie looked at Damon expectantly.

"Alaric."

"Ric!" Damon screamed when they saw Alaric.

"Yeah?"

"You keep those nifty little vampire darts in the car?" Damon asked sternly, not happy with the situation.

"Yeah, why do you ask?"

"Because this square is crawling with tomb vampires. I think we might need a stake or two," Evie comments.

"Yeah, got it." Alaric nods his head before running off.

Damon quickly sees Stefan and Elena. He goes toward them with Evie following and takes Elena's hand.

Elena stared down at his hand that's holding onto hers. "What are you doing?"

"Saving your life. Fifteen words or less...Tomb vamps are here. Founding families are their target." Damon turns to Stefan. "Get them out of here, now!"

Damon starts to walk away, Evie staying with Stefan and Elena.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan shouts.

"That's more than fifteen words, Stefan," Damon calls back, leaving quickly.

"Wait, Jeremy is out here somewhere," Elena starts to panic.

"Let's go find him, come on!" Stefan exclaims.

-

The fireworks soon go off as they were looking for Jeremy. Not long after, Stefan and Evie both drop.

Evie screams, clutching her head in her hands as millions of needles feel like they're poking her brain.

"Stefan, what's going on?"

"What's happening?"

"My head!" Stefan shouts.

"What?"

"My head!"

A deputy runs toward them, but Alaric runs to interfere and hurriedly talks to him.

The deputy soon leaves and Alaric joins them. He quickly helps Stefan up before grabbing Evie and carrying her to the stairs.

"I-I don't know what happened, they just dropped," Elena stuttered.

"Yeah, they're not the only ones. The cops have gotten everyone who's gone down, injecting them with vervain," Alaric states.

"What?"

There is a long pause, and they look in between Stefan and Evie.

"They're rounding up the vampires."

-

"I saw at least five vampires go down. They're taking them to your family's old building."

"It's the Gilbert's device. It has to be," Evie comments.

"But how did he get it to work? Bonnie unspelled it," Elena states.

"Maybe she didn't," Alaric shrugs.

"She did, we saw her do it!" Elena exclaims, pointing to her and Stefan.

Stefan quickly interferes, "No, no, no, he's right. Think about it. We asked Bonnie to deactivate a device that could protect people against vampires."

"So we could protect you two," Elena realized.

"And Damon. Vampires. Where is Damon?" Evie asked to no one in particular.

Alaric sighed, "I don't know. I haven't seen him since this started."

"Can you get my brother, take him home?"

"Of course," Alaric nods before running off to find Jeremy.

"Let's go."

-

Stefan, Elena, and Evie run to Grayson Gilbert's office, where there is a fire burning.

Evie's eyes widened in shock as she realized that Damon is more than likely to be in there.

They quickly find John, who is smirking at them.

"Where is Damon?" Evie snarls, anger coursing her veins and all politeness gone.

"With the rest of them, where he should be. It's over for Damon."

"You're crazy!" Elena shouts.

"Why? Because I'm doing what should have been done a hundred and forty five years ago? This is the right thing, Elena," John states.

Evie ignores him, watching the building as she hears the flames snapping and the building falling apart.

"Go ahead, you won't make it out. It'll save me the trouble of killing you myself," John tells her.

Evie looks at Stefan with determination before looking at Elena, her face emotionless.

"You know the building well, is there another way in?"

Elena nods, "Utility door, there's one around the side."

Evie starts running, not looking back, and hurrying to the side. When she gets there, Bonnie runs up behind her.

"Hey, you can't go in there!" She shouts.

Evie opens the door and gives her one last glare. "Watch me, bitch."

"The fire will take you out," Bonnie argued.

"He's my brother, Bonnie!"

Evie runs into the building, trying to open the basement's door but the doorknob is too hot, making her burn her hand.

Evie tries again and she finally opens the door but the fire is too large. Suddenly, the flames diminish.

She runs into the basement, looking around hurriedly and trying to find Damon. Evie spots him in the middle of the room.

"Damon! Come on, hurry!" Evie quickly picks Damon up and then sped out of the basement.

She kicked the door open and ran out of the building with Damon hanging onto her body. Elena and Stefan runs toward the two.

"Oh my god!"

"Evie! Your face!"

The girl dropped on the ground with Damon, taking deep breaths and trying to calm herself.

Stefan checked on Damon before he kneeled down beside Evie, moving the hair from her face and pulling her into his arms.

"Evie, talk to me. Are you okay? Eves?" Stefan has tears in his eyes as he looks down at her face.

"Stefan, I'm...fine," Evie weakly says.

"Oh my god," He whispers and presses his fingers against her side, making her scream.

"You burned yourself bad," He says and gets up, carrying Evie in his arms.

Elena walks over to them with a worried look. "Is she okay?"

"She'll be fine...I hope. I'm going to take them home."

"Okay. Jenna called, Jeremy's home, I'm just gonna run over to the school to pick up my dress, my clothes and the rest of my stuff and then I'll check on him," Elena says before walking away.

"Let's get you home."

-

Stefan carefully wiped the blood off of Evie's stomach, handing her a blood bag after he was finished.

"I'll be downstairs, okay? Get some sleep."

Evie nods and thanks him before laying down, hoping to get some rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 428 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]
79.5K 1.9K 41
+ + + + + "I don't need saving, especially from a Mikaelson." It was a lie, but he didn't have to know that. Maybe she didn't even know herself. + +...
861 62 6
S1-S4 / Damon Salvatore © augustpoets, 2024
175K 6K 85
𝐔𝐍𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 - ❝𝙖 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙬𝙤𝙡𝙛 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙝𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙧. 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙠𝙣𝙚𝙬 𝙬𝙚'𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙖 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙛𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙧?❞...