AcademyX- School For Gifted C...

By TannerSSmith

Joel Collins, a young man of only 16 has his life changed from ordinary to extraordinary after an incident th... More

Just Another Day
Not So Normal
My Powers Awaken
The First Fight
Big News, And Big Trouble
Class Time
The Vanishing
The Woods Bring People Together
Friendly Fight
Tradgedy Breaks Us All
Secrets Revealed
A Day On The Farm
Back To School
Confrontations
Discovery
Preparing
New Dimension
Doing Whats Right
Taking Risky Paths
The Facility
Meeting The Mastermind
War On The Inside and Out
Devastation
Decisions and Choices
Going Back
When Everything Crumbles
The Bars That Hold Us
Almost There
The Things That Hurt Us Most

Everyone Needs Friends

3.8K 168 38
By TannerSSmith

Walking down the hallway looking for room 260. There's 230, 231, 232, but then the hall ends. I'm so confused, these hallways are messing with me, I swear they are changing. I guess if I turn back around and- What?! There's a wall in the way I just came from. I'm not crazy, someone's messing with me. I see someone running down the hallway towards me.

"Hey, I'm Nick, you look lost." A guy my age says. "Are you new here?" He asks me.

"Yeah, and I'm looking for room 260, and call me crazy, but I'm almost 100 percent sure that the halls are changing" I tell him.

"You're not crazy, that's because of Marianna, she can make you see things, and she's making you very, very lost because your standing next to room 29 and you're not even close to where your going" he tells me.

"Could you help me?" I ask. "It would be very appreciated" I say.

"Of course" he says.

So we start down the hallway, walking right through the imaginary walls cast into my mind by another student.

"So you're sharing a room with Damon?" He asks.

"Yeah, anything I should know about him?" I ask. Please don't tell me he likes to mess with new students too" I say.

"Nope, Damon's pretty cool, he's got some cool powers too" Nick says.

"Really? Like what?" I ask.

"Well, he can control or manipulate any element he comes across" says Nick.

"That does sound cool!" I say.

"Well, there's your room up ahead, so I'm gonna go now" he says.

"Wait!" I say, grabbing his shoulder. "What if that Marianna girl starts messing with me again?" I ask.

"She won't, I saw her leave earlier" he says.

"Where was she?" I ask. "I never saw her" I say.

"When you go to this school long enough, you start to understand other students, so I know where and how she likes to hide when messing with newbies" he says.

"Before you go, can I ask you something? What are your powers?" I ask.

"If I see an object, just by saying the name of the object, it will appear in my hand. But only if the object is near me and I can see it." He says. What about you? What can you do?" He asks.

"Apparently I'm telepathic and telekinetic, along with the ability to teleport and use other forms of kinetic abilities" I say, still half confused about the whole situation.

"So you're a mental?" He asks.

"What's that?" I ask.

"The students are put in teams of people all sharing a certain type of power. Your powers are mental, so you would be in the mental group. Unfortunately the mentals here don't last long, and we aren't sure why, but I'm sure you'll be fine" he tells me.

"Yikes, well I'm gonna go meet this roommate of mine. See ya later" I say.

Great. So I just happen to be put into a group of people that disappear. Well, he didn't necessarily say they disappear, but he did say they don't last long, and that doesn't sound good either way.

I open up the door to my new room. The room is big, bigger than my room at home, but that's probably because 2 people have to share this room. The walls are navy blue with a neon green carpet. There is a large window with long blue curtains over them. The beds are really big, and they look comfortable. I hear a door opening and I notice it's coming from the other side of the room.

"Hey! I'm Damon." The boy entering the room says. "You're my new roommate right" he asks. "This here is the bathroom, and this is my bed, you can have that one over there" He says quickly.

He seems like a nice guy. He's about my height and he's skinny. Dressed in black skinny jeans with a green t-shirt on.

These rooms have there own bathrooms, awesome!

"I'm Joel, is there anything you wanna know about me?" I ask after introducing myself.

"Yeah, what are your powers?" He asks me.

"I am tele-" I try to say before being interrupted.

"Just kidding! I already know your powers, I asked earlier. Mentals are cool, I'm glad I get to have one as a roommate" he says.

"Believe me, I think it's awesome to have you as a roommate. I've heard about your powers and it sounds so cool, I wish I had them." I say.

"Well you almost do, pyrokinesis and hydrokinesis are the abilities to manipulate fire and water" he tells me.

"Oh, well should we start exploring?" I ask. "The headmaster mentioned you would be giving me a look around" I say.

"Yeah, let's go!" He says excitedly.

We head out the door and start down the hall, passing many other student rooms. Eventually, we hit a dead end.

"Is this Marianna again?!" I ask, aggravated at this point.

"What?" He asks, confused. "Oh, no she's not here, this is an actual end" he confirms.

"Oh, good." I say. How long until people are gonna stop teasing me?" I ask.

"Probably a week, but remember, there will always be people in this school who don't like you. When you meet these people and you get to the point with them that you can't stand them, just punch them" he says.

"What!?" I ask, surprised.

"At this school, feuds between students are solved by duels in the gym. We are a school full of people with powers, so why not put those powers to the test in a fight." He says.

"Are there many fights? Do they happen often?" I ask.

"Yes, there's usually at least one duel within a two day period" he says.

"Oh, I see." I say. "I'm starving, when is lunch?" I ask him.

"Whenever. In our school, if you're hungry, you can get food at any time. Our cafeteria is open all day until it's time to get to bed, it's even open early in the morning for breakfast" he tells me.

"Can we stop by there sometime soon please?" I ask him.

"Of course! It's just up ahead. Let's go!" Damon says.

Walking into the cafeteria, I see about 30 large tables, each table can probably fit about 8 people. There are some open doors in the back that I'm assuming lead to the lunch lines. I'm not sure what I want.

"How can I help you dear?" An older woman behind the counter asks me.

"Oh, what do you have?" I ask her.

"Hamburgers, hotdogs, fries, anything you can eat, we have" she says with a smile on her face

"Marla, head of the cafeteria here, has the ability to produce any kind of food she wants" Damon tells me.

"That's a weird ability, but it's useful I guess." I say to Damon.

"Yes, yes it is, but we have many more, much stranger abilities in this school. The longer you stay here, the more of them you will see" Damon says.

"Ok, so how about a chicken salad with a side of fries?" I ask. "And maybe a glass of ice cold water to go along with that" I add.

"Coming up! Marla,We need a chicken salad with some fries and a big cup of ice water!" Damon tells Marla.

"Ok! Give me a minute" Marla says.

A lady dressed in a chef uniform comes rushing out of the back with my whole order balanced on a tray. She hands me the tray.

"Enjoy your food darling" she says.

"Yeah thanks, I will" I say.

I scan the lunch room to find Damon and finally find him sitting at a table with one open spot right next to him. I scurry over to the table, ignoring the feeling of being stared at. When I sit down I take a look at the people around me. There's Damon on one side of me and a girl on the other. The girl has short auburn hair and a smile that makes me feel comfortable around her.

"Hi, I'm Kaitlyn, I'm a shapeshifter, I can only become animals though. That's okay because I don't care for people as much as I do for animals." She says nicely. "You are?" The girl asks.

"I'm Joel, I'm telepathic and telekinetic with a couple other abilities to go along with those" I tell her.

"Hey everyone this is Joel" Damon says, gesturing to me.

"I'm Kameron, I have super speed" one boy says.

"Names Jackson, I have the power of pain inducement" Another boy says.

"Uh I'm.. Im Clara, I can take people's powers for a short time and use them for my own" a younger girl says.

"And I am-" a familiar looking guy says.

"Aren't you the guy who punched me this morning?" I ask the familiar boy.

"Yeah, I'm Adam, and in case you didn't get the idea this morning, I have super strength" he says.

After he finishes, the other 3 get up and leave, but as they walk away, they disappear.

"And who are they" I ask.

I say, pointing to where the three mysterious people had just been.

"Who?" Damon asks.

"Did you guys not see them?!" I ask.

"Marianna! Marianna is messing with you. I see her over there staring at you. Don't mind her she should stop soon." Says Kameron.

"Why don't we all go back to me and Joel's room and hangout?" Damon suggests.

So we go back to the room and start talking and I find that this is actually a nice group of people. I feel so lucky to have already made a group of friends on my very first day. After a little bit everyone but Damon and I leave. We lay down to sleep, waiting to see what the next day will bring us.
-------------------------------------------------------

2 updates in 1 day. That's because I'm enjoying this so much. I might even be enjoying writing this more than those reading. But if you see mistakes, please do point them out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

379 16 29
Unanswered questions. Truths hidden in the dark, the world he thought he knew was nothing. "Is it all a lie?" Only he can tell. When their minds are...
334 149 25
Three weeks after Nazo is killed, Maru declares war. Lightning struggles to find himself he attempts to embark on a solo adventure. What will the out...
69.2K 2.8K 26
When Niall wakes up from being in a coma for 1 year and doesn't remember a thing. He is met by no one around him. Nurses say his parents left him 7 m...
47 0 15
Two years after the events of 'The Darkened One.' Zack tries to unlock his full potential as a guardian of light. Meanwhile the darkness is spreading...