Tapout

By taylorcochran93

"Lucas you have no idea what you're trying to get into." Her face was so serious and more than that she spoke... More

Chapter.1.Riley.
Chapter.2.Sparky.
Chapter.3. Thank God He's Taken.
Chapter.4.Trouble I Have Caused.
Chapter.5.Make a Choice.
Chapter.7.Don't Miss.
Chapter.8.Next Contestant.<3
Chapter.9.Yes I Will.
Chapter.10.I Don't Bet Trash.
Chapter.11.People from My Past.
Chapter.12.Falling & Feeling Hard.
Chapter.13.Bad Girlfriend.
Chapter.14.Amateurs.
Chapter.15.Upside Down with a 180.
Chapter.16. You Know That's Like a big Deal, Right?
Chapter.17.I Hate Having a Vagina.
Chapter.18.You're my Sparky.
Chapter.19.Effing Domesticated.
Chapter.20.The Eagle.
Chapter.21.Put Them in Their Damn Place.
Chapter.22.Home.
Chapter.23.GPS.
Never Have I Ever.
Jon.
Jon Meet Lucas.
Return of Amber.
My World.
Banquet Part 1
Choose. Banquet Part 2.
Stop.
Contract.
Christmas Part 1.
Christmas Part 2
Let the Training Begin.
The Night Before.
NYKO Part 1.
NYKO Part 2
Please Wake Up.
I'm Out?
Whatever it Takes.
Only You.
All You Do is Love Me.
Sorry Princess.
Scream.
Lust.
Dream.
Recovery.
Snap Some Necks.
Epilogue Part 1.
Epilogue II.
Extra. Lucas Friar Writing Paper.

Chapter.6.Silent Treatment.

2.6K 99 15
By taylorcochran93

Chapter 6

Lucas took my advice, he left me alone which I hate and love all at the same time. It keeps him safe and keeps me focused. So then why am I thinking about him on my run? Damn it! He is always there, I hate to say I miss that annoying man!

So, good news I won 5,000 from my fight with Missy 4 days ago and that means we've made college fund money for the month. That also means I haven't talked to Lucas in 5 days... seriously Riley focus. I have another fight Saturday night and my rib cage is still bruised from a massive kick but the pain is hardly noticeable anymore. Turning down our street, my eyes meandered - on their own accord - to Lucas' home. And there he was... standing outside with a man screaming in his face. I quicken my pace, though I don't really know why and my feet lead me directly to him, "HEY!" I snap, effectively ending the shouting. "Everything okay?" Both pairs of emerald eyes shift their gaze to me.

The older Lucas throws dagger my way. "Who the hell are you?"

"I live across the street. Who the hell are you?" I don't do well with authority mostly because it is always abused. And even though I know this to be Lucas' father, I thought what better way to piss him off then to be sarcastic?

"I'm his father now get off my property." I literally take 1 step back to get off the grass and find myself in the street with my arms up in surrender. "Very funny."

Instead of being sassy, I shift my focus back towards Lucas, because for whatever reason I want to make sure he's okay. "You alright there Sparky?"

"I'm fine." No he's not. It was evident this was something he was used to, but obviously despised. We are in kind of similar situations, his hatred was outwardly more apparent than my own. While clenching my jaw his beautiful meadow like orbs are practically pleading with me to leave.

But before I can react on my own will Josh intervenes. "RILEY LET'S GO WE HAVE TO TRAIN!" With a final head nod, my feet carry me to my garage where my uncle is waiting. "You care about him."

Without answering, I saunter towards the bag. And for the first time I can admit it to myself, yes. Yes I care for Lucas Friar.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"Right, left, duck, gut." Josh kept spewing out commands for my different combinations and I followed without thinking. This was second nature to me now, it's awful that I feel such a rush from over powering someone. I used to be addicted to this adrenaline, it used to get me so high. I never told Josh that or he would have pulled me out quicker than I could blink, I'm doing this for college. To better our future and once we have enough, I want to pull out. Despite popular belief I don't enjoy being bruised and battered. But like cocaine, adrenaline itself can be addicting. So, another part of me wants to stay because I know how much I'll miss it. When my concentration slipped for one second, I felt a knock against my cheek. "FOCUS!" Josh shouts before holding out his hand.

"Sorry." I mumble as he assists me up off the blue plastic mats.

"Never let your guard down Riley. EVER! You'll get yourself killed!" I hear the worry in Josh's voice and know he's still a little bothered by Lucas' speech on Saturday. That is all his yelling is, it is pure and utter worry. That is why he is so tough on me, he loves me or some crap like that. Kidding, he does love me. "You alright?" His hands grasp my face to get a look at his handy work.

"Yeah nothing I can't handle." I open my fists and place my hand on his cheek, "I love you."

"I love you too Riles." He pulls me in for a hug, and since this hardly happens, I find myself relishing in it. "I promise as soon as New Year's Knockouts are over we'll get you out Riley." I can hear the disgust for those words in his voice, no matter how meek it was. Josh doesn't want to leave, he wants me out and safe but, he's been doing this longer than me and is more addicted than I. However he's the only person I've ever been able to count on, so he is coming with me. I prefer it that way, if you trust less people than there is a lesser chance of you getting hurt. I don't need anyone else in my life, not even Sparky who had ignored me all week which hurt, but it's what I wanted. It is what needed to happen to keep him safe. Speaking of Sparky, he was now standing at the garage doorway.

"What the fuck man?" Josh spun me around, leaving his arm on my shoulder, "What are you doing here? How'd you get in?"

He shrugs casually as if sauntering into someone else's home without permission is the right thing to do. "Front door was unlocked." I nod, it usually is I just don't think about locking it. Unless they come in with a gun I don't stress about anyone coming inside. "What's New Year's Knockouts?"

I keep my mouth shut but Josh does the exact opposite. "It's a tournament on New Year's. Riley's fighting."

Lucas' jaw clenched, he's clearly pissed about me fighting. Seeing as he was so mad, Ireally wasn't expecting him to say what he said next. "I want in." Josh and I glance at each other and start sputtering laughter. "I'm serious." Josh gives me a glance, I return it basically saying, 'I got this'. On his way out he pats Sparky's shoulder, not like Lucas noticed. His orbs were trained on my abs. "Is that bruise from your fight on Saturday?" I nod, an amused expression still all over my face, "I want in."

"Yeah, yeah I heard you the first time." I bit my cheek and figured I'd have a little fun, "take your shirt and shoes off." I meander towards the middle of my garage where there were mats laying out for when Josh hits the floor and on the rare occasion myself. He steps onto the pads, and I will myself not to look down. Because then I'll be all kinds of distractes. "Let's see what you got Sparky. Block me, and we're just sparring so no full force. I won't hurt you too bad." He divulges a gorgeous smile, I'm obviously not going to let him fight I wouldn't wish this life on anyone but damn those abs. Yes, I looked. It's official I'm going to hell after thinking what I'm thinking. I want to see him smile again, one of the few things that brightens my day. Which I can now admit since I admitted that I care about him. "I was right about you having a killer body." Mission accomplished, we both get into our stance and I immediately have to stop before we even started. "Oh Sparky, fists in front of your face, hunch over just slightly, bend those knees and tuck your elbows in. Use those to block blows to your stomach." He nods and does as I say and within moments my fist connects to his wall like abdomen.

He grimaces from the impact. "Damn Rebel."

"Don't compliment me yet, you're too easy." He raises his eyebrows and smiles, "Again. GET MAD FRIAR! COME ON!" He blocks my left hook, and then my right, I bring up my knee and he pushes it down, as soon as my foot touches the floor I sweep his legs out from underneath him.

"You said we were just blocking." I tower over him and grin, "Didn't expect you to take me to the floor."

I wink, "Honey let's just be honest with one another you've wanted me to take you to the floor since you met me." His sandy blonde brows raise before a seductive grin plasters across his face. "And I know what I said but there are no rules in this game." I help him off the ground and smirk, "You aren't going to get into this life. I won't let you."

"Then why can you?" I chug some amino acids and face him again, "Why can you fight but not me?" I know what he's trying to do. Trying to manipulate me out of this scene, nice try.

I start laughing, "Lucas you have no idea why I do what I do. You have no idea how many times I've gone to the hospital with concussions and come home with fractures and cracked ribs, even I've lost count. I'm not pulling you into this life, you will NOT fight illegally." He furrows his brows out of anger and finally realizes why I'm not letting him.

"You don't want me getting hurt." I don't say anything, I just continue to unwrap my hands. "You care about me don't you Rebel? You may even like me a little bit?" This is why I don't deal with that feelings nonsense.

Having enough of his taunting I yell, "Alright, that's enough! JOSH!" I stand up and stare him in those beautiful orbs, "Want to see what a real fucking fight would look like?"

He nods with an arrogant smile. Prick. Josh enters the garage and pulls my focus away from Sparky. "Is it time?" He questions, as if he knew this would happen.

"Yep." I pop the 'P' and push him to the black leather chair for him to take a seat. "No holding back Josh, Sparky thinks he can do this." Luckily his fists were still wrapped and my nerves fuel me, him being there fuels me, like I want to show off? Oh God no!

"This is just sparring right?" Lucas asks, worriedly glancing from me to Josh. I wonder who exactly he's worries for.

Josh finishes stretching a bit and shakes his head no, before verbalizing his answer. "I haven't fought for real in years so, take it easy on me will you Riley?" I giggle slightly and I can practically smell Sparky's fear rising from his body, leaving a lingering stench behind.

Within seconds I punch him in the face, leaving my right side vulnerable and suffered a blow to my already bruised ribs. "DAMN IT!" I yell and attempt to get on his weak side. We go back and forth for a few minutes, exchanging blows and circling one another.

"LET'S GO RILEY! GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER!" Josh exclaims and within seconds I'm on top of him. After getting punched in the nose I hit him a few times while he tries to wrap his legs around me. I pull him into an arm bar - my signature move - Josh resists at first, using his muscle to try and break it. Can't have that, throwing my weight heavily to the mat, I stretch his arm further after one more punch to the face as a distraction. And before I know it, he's tapping out. While helping him up, the familiar feeling of blood trickling out of my nose catches my attention. The fight was fast, I have my reasons for taking it easy on Josh. "SLOW! What the hell was that Riley?" I could feel Lucas behind me and I let out a giggle, "You took it easy on me didn't you?"

"Right again." I quip while winking.

"Little shit." He clutches my face to examine my nose. "You're fine. I'll get you something to clean up your nose."

I spun on my heels and wiped the blood away. Giving Lucas a pointed stare, I state with angst in my tone, "You aren't getting into this life. You'll end up like me and this world doesn't need another one of me in it."

"I think you're pretty amazing." I feel the beads of sweat running down my back and for the first time in a long time, I'm nervous. I'm actually fucking nervous. His hand caresses my cheek and I fall into his embrace. I've missed a man's touch, I've missed having someone to rely on other than my uncle. I'm such a girl, I want him now when just a while ago I was saying I prefer to rely on Josh only. Can I help his ridiculous hotness, or his sweet nature? No, I can't do a damn thing about it but enjoy it.

"Um," I back away with reluctance once I realized what I was doing, and release a winded laugh, "The answer's no Lucas. Out of curiosity though why did you want to fight?"

"Curiosity killed the cat rebel." I nod and bite my lip before placing a somewhat warm ice pack on my ribs. "You're fighting this weekend?" Again I agree, and took another swig of amino acids. This tastes so much better than glucose and repairs your muscles. "Why are you doing this Riley? Where are your parents?"

"Dead." The frustration that lined his facial features faded to sadness. "So there's that." I wipe my face again and pinch the bridge of my nose hoping that'd help stop the blood flow that's already slowed. "I'm doing this so we can pay bills, and so we can go to and focus on school and be able to pay for college. When Josh lost a good portion of vision in his right eye he couldn't do it anymore." By the way that's the reason I take it easy on him.

"You're going to kill yourself. There are other ways to earn money."

I giggle, he's right but, "no where I work can pay me $5000 in one night. Sure I take a few hits but that pays rent and our vehicle payments. After bills all the extra money goes towards college." We both stay silent for a few minutes and eventually I stand up, apparently Josh isn't coming back. "I appreciate the concern for me but the answer is no, you can't train with me. You will not fight illegally, and if you try to go behind my back I'll kick your ass. Got it, Sparky?" Before I know what's happening his lips are pressed against mine, my knees react limply from the intimate contact. I'm a puddle, this kiss feels so damn good. I move my lips in sync with his and my hands are already tugging at his hair.

Lucas pulls me closer to his chest by placing his hands on the small of my back. I slip my tongue in and he graciously accepts my offer. Oh my God this is incredible, not even Farkle made me feel this way. Farkle, oh my GOD! BLONDIE! SHIT! I pulled away and try to catch my breath that he successfully took away. "Is your girlfriend going to be pissed that you and I just made out?" My calm way of asking 'what the hell are you doing'. Truth be told, no way could I be mad after that kiss. It felt like a herd of rhinos were in my stomach.

"What girlfriend?" His hands cup my face and he kisses me again. No matter how much this sucks, and no matter how much I want to kiss him back. Riley you can't do this he's going to get hurt. I press the palm of my hand on his pecs and lightly pushed him away. "What's wrong?" I can't deny that I'm more than a little happy that he's single now. Not that anything can come from it.  "Hey what's wrong?"

I lick my lips and glance towards the ground. "Lucas you and I can't be together." His eyes form a more than shocked expression,  and I get the hell out of that garage. "I'm sorry I can't do that to you."

I'm not a person who scares easily. But, the way he makes me feel... scares me.

GMWGMWGMW Lucas' Point of View GMWGMWGMWGMW

Riley ends up leaving me alone in the garage, that kiss was freaking incredible I know she felt it too. Especially the way she was kissing me back. So why did she leave like that? Within a few minutes I'm not alone, I hear heavy breathing at the entryway. Josh. "You alright?" How does he know everything?

Nope, your niece is fucking confusing. "Fine." I scratch the back of my head and turn around to face him. I'm not fine, I didn't realize those words would break me as much as they did.

"She's doing this to protect you Lucas. She has her reasons and I promise you they're good ones."

I toss my hands up in the air out of frustration, "Why can't you people tell me what the fuck is going on? And be straight with me? What is she protecting me from? I can take care of myself."

"Take it down a few notches damn, you're high strung."

"Damn right I'm high strung. I really like her, I care about her and she's going out every weekend risking her life."

A small smile approached his lips, "That's why you wanted to fight."

Why is he smiling? "What?" I snap, bastard isn't taking it seriously.

"You wanted to be able to protect her, but you and I both know she can take care of herself." I didn't say anything because he's right. A fighter is definitely her type. So sue me, I want her to like me. "So you think fighting is the way to her heart? Ask her about Farkle." Farkle what the hell kind of name is that? "I'd tell you but it isn't my story to tell." He turned around and again my mind is running a million miles per hour.

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

I wait by my locker for her this morning, I'd gone over there last night and watched her train. She's truly incredible, her speed, agility and the way she anticipates movement before anyone ever makes it. She hasn't spoken to me a whole lot and I seriously feel like we should use those lips to kiss again, instead. That feeling when our lips touched was one I've never felt before. She challenges me, literally she'll say 'you got that Sparky' and I immediately feel the need to prove her wrong. I hear her motorcycle but keep my place here, she'll be here soon.

Until she didn't come up the steps.

GMWGMWGMW Riley's Point of View GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

"Get. Off. Of. Me." Charlie, with 2 of his friends surrounded me and I found myself staring into the emptiness of his blue eyes. "If you touch me again, you'll regret it." I take a few strides and grasped my helmet tighter, carefully devising a plan in case they decide to do something really stupid.

"Come on sweetie, go on a date with me tonight."

"This is how you get girls to go on a date with you? Surround them with your thuggish friends and force them into it?" He smirks making my stomach churn, "I'm not your normal girl."

"RILEY!" My eyes shift upwards to the school entrance and Sparky is running towards me but before he gets to me Charlie caresses my cheek. I see red, I don't know why he infuriates me so much. But damn he is good at it. I push his arm down with my left hand and elbow him in the temple with my right arm. My left foot moves back behind me and I kick one of his friends in the balls. I hear a thud and when I spin around Lucas had just knocked the other guy out.

"Stay the fuck away from her Charlie." I got butterflies, serious butterflies. He stood up for me, the only person to do that was Josh. Though he always said I could stand up for myself it only makes me a better fighter when I don't rely on others.

"STUPID BITCH! It's a fucking date, I'm not gang raping you!"

I giggle and squat down in front of him, just to make sure he sees my face. "I told you not to touch me. Besides, I've got a date with Sparky tonight."

GMWGMWGMWGMWGMW

Congratulations Rucas Shippers, FIRST KISS! :..D FIRST DATE!

What'd you think of this chapter?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 86 19
𝟏𝟖+| I was said to be 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐲, 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐢𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞... 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐮𝐧𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞. I had heard it so much...
47.4K 2.1K 57
I'm pretty sure you've heard of the story of a famous teen celebrity and a normal guy falling in love. Well, this is my story. Once upon a time ther...
24.6K 815 15
Third Installment of 'A Texas' Series. First -- A Texas Reunion Second -- A Texas Wedding Third -- A Texas Pregnancy Riley finally married the man of...
13.8K 381 66
(OLD VERSION) {Highest Ranking #2 in Laya 6/15/18} [I STARTED TO WRITE THIS BOOK AT 12 SO PLEASE DONT JUDGE! AND NO MEAN COMMENTS! READ AT YOUR OWN R...