Involuntary Misfortune

By jongindreams-

|Sequel to Involuntary Parents| "Life as we know it...will never be the same." More

Copyright & Disclaimer
Involuntary Misfortune
Involuntary Misfortune [1]
Involuntary Misfortune [2]
Involuntary Misfortune [3]
Involuntary Misfortune [4]
Involuntary Misfortune [5]
Involuntary Misfortune [6]
Involuntary Misfortune [7]
Involuntary Misfortune [8]
Involuntary Misfortune [9]
Involuntary Misfortune [10]
Involuntary Misfortune [12]
Involuntary Misfortune [13]
Involuntary Misfortune [14]
Involuntary Misfortune [15]
Involuntary Misfortune [16]
Involuntary Misfortune [17]
Involuntary Misfortune [18]
Involuntary Misfortune [19]
Involuntary Misfortune [20]
Involuntary Misfortune [21]
Involuntary Misfortune [22]
Involuntary Misfortune [23]
Involuntary Misfortune [24]
Involuntary Misfortune [25]
Update

Involuntary Misfortune [11]

8.2K 528 251
By jongindreams-

"Thanks for coming in," Shizune said as soon as she saw Sakura.

The pinkette smiled and pulled on her lab coat, "no problem, I'm always willing to help out."

She offered her a small smile and a curt nod before rushing out of the room. Sakura sighed and picked up the clipboard with her list of duties. She was actually glad when Dr. Shizune called her after school asking her to come in. They were short on staff and she had nothing better to do. Sasuke wouldn't be home until much later and she didn't want to be alone in that house.

Taking a deep breath she read her first assignment. "Restocking first aid cabinets." Straightening her shoulders she took up the big red bag filled with the supplies she needed and left the room.

The pinkette was greeted by doctors and nurses as she walked down the scantily filled hallway. The first room she entered was empty to her relief. Quickly marching towards the cabinet to the far corner she began her work.

After a while she found herself on the maternity ward. "Oh my God," she heard a gasp followed by a squeal. Sakura turned quickly to see a brown haired girl standing outside the nursery with, who she presumed was her husband by her side.

"Where is she?" He asked placing both hands on the glass that separated them from the babies.

"There," she responded pointing to one of the many babies in the room. As soon as his eyes located the newborn his entire face lit up.

The jade green eyed girl turned away, tightening her hold on the strap of the bag she proceeded to complete her duties. Would she ever get the pleasure of having such moments with Sasuke? Or would he always be busy? With a sigh, she shook her head and tried to stay focused. She could think about her situation with Sasuke later, right now just wasn't the time.

...

Nagato scanned the living room and was relieved to see that no one was there. Quickly he went out on the balcony and closed the glass door. Rubbing his hands together he hissed before withdrawing his phone from his pocket.

He wasn't sure where Konan and Yuu had gone, but he was grateful for the privacy. Pressing the number four on his keypad the speed dial was activated and he waited for the person to pick up.

"What do you want?" He answered in an irritated tone.

The red head chuckled, "bad timing?"

"Yes actually. Midori and I were about to have dinner," he responded.

"Then I'll be quick," Nagato smiled. Taking hold of the cold metal railing he took a deep breath, "well, Konan and Yahiko's birthday is coming up and I want to throw them a party..."

The sound of Sasori shuffling around the house could be heard. "So?"

"...at your house," he finished.

"Go wash up for dinner," he said addressing his daughter. "I'm sorry, what?"

"Your house is perfect. There's sufficient space and-"

"No."

Nagato sighed and looked over at the bustling city. "They need this."

There was a moment of silence before he spoke up, "fine. But I want everyone out of my house by twelve."

"Done. Oh and don't tell either of them," the pale man instructed.

"Yeah, got it. Now if you'll excuse me-"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going." Nagato smiled as he hung up the phone. A feeling of excitement bubbled up inside him as he thought of all the plans he had. It was always ironic that they both shared the same birthday and he was ready to use that to his advantage. A light wind blew, shifting his hair out of place. Resting against the railing, elbows bent, he raveled in the confines of his thoughts.

...

Naruto sat with Tenten watching as Hanabi waited for Neji to get back with Konohamaru.

"She seems excited," Hinata smiled coming to sit with them.

"Yeah," the brunette with pigtails replied.

"So Tenten, how are you and Neji getting along?" Naruto smirked.

She blushed and looked away, "w-well we're getting along just fine."

"Eh? Don't hold out on us," Hinata said. The Hyūga tried to hold back her laughter as they teased Tenten, it was pay back for all the times she'd done it to her.

She knew her cousin could be overbearing at times...well most times. But he was a good person...at heart. "O-oh look! They're here," she said diverting their attention.

They all watched as Hanabi hugged Neji before stopping in front of Konohamaru. "Look guys!" She exclaimed pointing to the baby in his arms.

"Who's that?" Naruto asked getting to his feet.

"Kurenai let him take Mirai, her daughter." Neji explained with an annoyed expression on his face.

"Hi everyone," the brown haired boy smiled as he entered.

"She's so cute," Hanabi almost squealed as she took Mirai from her cousin. As if on cue all the women gathered around the baby expressing how adorable she was.

"Women," Neji muttered leaving the room.

Konohamaru chuckled and marched over to Naruto. "It's good to see you again," he grinned.

The blonde smiled at him before ruffling his hair, "yea-"

"Hey, you're messing up my hair!" He exclaimed batting away his hand. Naruto laughed and continued doing it just to annoy him.

Hinata glanced up from the baby just to watch them. A smile touched her lips as she saw Konohamaru's dilemma. But just watching her blonde husband with him made her feel like he'd be a good father.

...

"Tadaima," Sasuke said as he entered the house. Closing the door behind him he expected to at least see Sakura coming to greet him. Loosing his tie he trudged towards the kitchen. There was still no sign of Sakura. Getting himself a drink he made his way upstairs, "Sakura?"

On checking their bedroom he realized that she wasn't home. The raven haired Uchiha ran a hand through his hair and sat on the bed. "Great," he muttered to himself. He'd gotten off work early to spend some time with her. It wasn't much, but he wanted to make up for missing her call. A feeling of regret coiled in his stomach, they hardly saw each other lately and really he hated it. Resting the glass cup on the dresser, he began undressing. Maybe a bathe would make him feel better.

It wasn't long before he was soaking away his sorrows. His toes curled in the lukewarm water as he threw his head back. Thoughts of the way things used to be plaguing his mind. He thought of his older brother, the way he would get up extra early to make breakfast and still be home in time to make dinner...well most times. Having experienced the pressures of running a company first hand he was dumbfounded as to how Itachi managed that all on his own-while being sick.

His eyelids lifted revealing onyx eyes that stared at the ceiling. It still hurt to think about his brother. His nightmares had all but disappointed, but being around Sakura made it better. She made everything better and somehow he felt as though he owed her. She tried so hard to make sure that he was happy. Whereas happiness was something he didn't deserve.

Sasuke sighed and drew his fingers along the surface of the water. He wanted Sakura to come home, after having lunch with Tora he was in need of his wife. Though it wasn't that the blonde girl was bad, she was actually kind of...different. But she wasn't Sakura, which made all the difference.

"Tadaima!" He heard from down stairs. The raven haired boy was quickly to his feet. Stepping onto the white carpet before the tub, he reached for his bathrobe with his good arm. In a hurry, he draped it around his body and tied the strings to the best of his ability. Pushing his feet into his brown house slippers he made his way downstairs.

Walking as quickly as he could he caught sight of Sakura in the living room. The pinkette turned and saw him approaching her, "how was your-?" she was unable to finish her sentence as Sasuke pulled her into his embrace.

They stayed like that for a while, him holding her tightly with one arm and she shocked by the sudden gesture. "Where were you?" He asked staring at the closed door.

"At the hospital...I started helping out again," she replied.

"Oh," was his only response.

Sakura frowned a bit sad, "I missed you."

He tightened his embrace and closed his eyes, submerging himself in the smell of her hair. "I missed you too." She smiled and wrapped her arms around his waist. Maybe she was just over thinking throughout the day, by the looks of things he was still her Sasuke.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 508 29
Danielle lost her memory when she was just 7 years old. she only remembers her mum,dad and brother. using her powers,one day she kills her mum and ca...
3.1K 272 55
"Light and dark are two different things but we need both. For too much light burns us, while in darkness we cannot see. But together we have shade."
30.2K 933 14
How can you outrun your tragic, heartbreaking past when it's steadily looking into your eyes calling you mommy, making you regret nothing. "I've done...
41.4K 1.8K 40
Two different people. Two different lives. Too many thoughts. One story.