Forgiving You (Dublin Sister...

By hayatkhan07

She was abandoned on her wedding day. The groom disappeared. There were accusations. Her honour was at sta... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 (edited)
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 (edited)
Valima Invitation
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Good news
Chapter 44
Divorce in Islam
Chapter 45
Chapter 46 (edited)
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Thank you
Plagiarism & unpublishing

Chapter 6

26.7K 1.8K 767
By hayatkhan07

Nawal blinked and her grip on her phone strengthened. Did she see it right? The number she had been waiting for all week had finally texted her. She abruptly sat up on her bed, the duvet falling from her shoulders and falling around her waist. Her heart beat raced, breathing heavily with trembling fingers, she unlocked her phone and clicked on the text. Her eyes scanned the four-word text message for a good few seconds and then closed her eyes relishing the fact he had finally texted her. How many times during this week she had the urge to text him? How many times she had typed texts and then deleted them? A smile gradually spread but her eyebrows knotted in concentration as to how to reply and not sound too eager.

She typed,

Yes I am awake.

But she backspaced this immediately. It didn't seem right. Biting her lip, she finally typed one word:

Yes

Inhaling deeply she clicked the send button. She waited for a prompt reply but nothing came. She waited a minute, two minutes and more. By the fifth minute, she gave up and slide down on her bed with a heavy heart. He probably texted her by mistake. As she cuddled under the duvet, the text message alert surprised her. Hurriedly, she grabbed the phone that was laying on her pillow.

How are you?

She wasn't going to answer this fast. She didn't want to look desperate. She let time pass, after five minutes she typed her reply.

Fine and you?

There was a prompt response skidding Nawal's heartbeat.

Fine too. Want to chat on What's App?

She licked her dry bottom lip and typed the single word.

Yes.

Immediately a text message on What's App popped up on the screen. She clicked on it and smiled looking at his profile picture. He was so handsome. He was standing sideways and the sun was rising behind him. The picture gave him a mysterious look. But she could make out his facial expressions.

Daud: So how was your week?

Nawal: Not bad, and yours?

Daud: work, stress, same old news.

Nawal: I hope things work out for you.

Daud: thanks. I was thinking about you all throughout this week.

Nawal's finger hovered over the phone keyboard. Her heart beat speeded up even more. She didn't know what to reply.

Daud: did you think of me?

Oh Allah, what was he doing? How should I answer to such a question? Thinking over her reply, she typed the only word she could think of.

Nawal: Maybe.

Daud: lol well I guess that's a good start. Let's be friends?

Nawal: Ok

And that started their chat for the next two hours where Daud asked her various questions about her and Nawal asked few questions of her own.

Where Nawal and Daud were busy amongst themselves, in the dark home office at the Siddique household sat a very tired Salman. Gazing absently at his laptop screen thinking his next strategy to ensure the contract and relationship with the investor and the supplier. His head hurt for over thinking. Rubbing his temple, he picked his phone from the desk and sauntered to his bedroom. After changing his clothes, he laid down and fiddled with his phone still in thoughts of business strategy. That was enough for the night, he chided himself. He wanted to refresh his mind. Clicking on the What's App icon he then clicked on a name that he clicked every night but never dared message her. He respected her a lot to engage in any kind of conversation before everything was set for their marriage.

Staring at her profile picture, he traced his thumb over her facial features. How he longed that days would pass fast and she would be with him. Life would seem easier when just to rest in her arms knowing the business stress will solve on its own. Her smile would brighten up his day and her laughter will ease any kind of a headache. His eyes roamed around his empty room, how she would lighten this room. Her presence would be enough to bring tranquility in his life.

If only ...

If only, he could make things work faster in his personal life and not have to go through this agonising wait.

Sabr ... sabr (patience). Allah is with the perseverance. He will wait for the right time. The time when she will be his. Only his.

****

Ghazala left her room after fajr (pre-dawn) salah to go downstairs and read Quran in the living room. As she passed Nawal's bedroom, she noticed the lights were still out. Frowning, she slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Nawal was soundlessly asleep. She knew that Nawal was praying, then why didn't she wake up for fajr? Rushing to the bed, Ghazala shook her, "Nawal you have missed your prayer. Wake up now."

Nawal didn't move.

Ghazala shook her again making Nawal stir in her sleep. "Mummy let me sleep." she mumbled.

"Do you have to pray?" Ghazala asked sternly.

Nawal grumbled, "Yes yes."

"Then wake up. Why aren't you awake yet? The sun is nearly up!!" Ghazala reprimanded.

"Mom just five minutes," Nawal covered her face with the duvet.

Ghazala grabbed her duvet, "Oh no you don't. Wake up this instant."

With great strength, Nawal sat up, "I slept, late Mom. Please, I will pray in a while."

"Prayer is better than sleep." Ghazala reminded her and then placing her hands on her hips she asked, "Why did you sleep late? You were in your bedroom by 11pm last night."

Nawal flustered and then answered, "I wasn't able to sleep."

Ghazala replied, "Fine you can sleep again after fajr. Now wake up."

Drowsily Nawal stood up, "Yes" she whispered and went to the bathroom to perform wudu (ablution).

****

Daud: What's your favourite colour?

Nawal: Purple

Daud: very girly colour. :-P

Nawal: I like all shades of purple. I don't know it reminds me of royalty.

Daud: interesting analysis.

Nawal: I know you must be thinking I am weird.

Daud: no I don't. In fact I think..

Nawal: think?

Daud: you are very very interesting.

Nawal: Thanks. What about you? Whats your favourite colour?

Daud: black

Nawal: why? :-S

Daud: it's a colour that hides all the colours. I like it a lot. One can get immersed in black.

Nawal: Now that is an interesting analysis.

Daud: hahaha... now you must be thinking I am weird.

Nawal: no not at all. But you think deep. Very deep.

Daud: No one knows whats within oneself.

Nawal: you mean to say you never express yourself to anyone.

Daud: no I never have.

Nawal: why?

Daud: I just don't.

Nawal: you can tell me anything you want.

Daud: give me time I will.

Nawal: I will always be here to listen.

Daud's finger stilled on the phone keyboard. No one has ever said to him. He exhaled and closed his eyes, how many years he had spent in loneliness? How many days of emptiness? His yearnings were never met. He was rejected again and again. And all because of ...

He shook his head trying to get rid of the depressing thoughts.

Daud: thanks. It's late I better go now. Sleep tight. Sweet dreams.

Nawal. You too. Good night.

Daud: Good night.

He let the phone slip from his fingers on the bed. Leaning on the pillows against the headboard of the bed, he thought of the girl he had been chatting for the last two weeks. Something was growing within him. Something foreign. He was unsure. She was naïve. Chatting with her was pleasant. Very pleasant. They didn't talk about anything serious but general things. For some reason, it brought peace in him. Something he had lacked for as long as he could remember.

Rubbing his hands over his face, he thought, this was going on dangerous grounds. All his life, he had never spoken much to anyone. His father had been busy with work. His mother had been a working woman and tried her best to bring him up. Probably, he was the closest to her. But over the years, he had grown distant. Then his friends. Well, there weren't any. And all those women he had relationships with, it wasn't much but physical satisfaction. He had never made the effort to express his thoughts or open his heart to anyone. Until Nawal. This chatting business was making him say things he would never generally say to anyone. And the softness of Nawal encouraged him to say it all. How many times, in the last two weeks he hurriedly ended their chat thinking he was saying too much.

Closing his eyes, what am I getting myself into?

****

Nawal was quietly helping her mother in the kitchen. She was chopping cucumber for the salad and was lost in her thoughts. With a small smile plastered on her lips, she thought, he was wonderful utterly wonderful. Every night they had been chatting for the last two weeks. She hadn't spoken to him on the phone yet but she was content. It was easy to chat. At first, she had been extremely shy unable to answer him, only responded him with one-word answers but now in the course of 14 days, she has learned to speak up. And it was just nice chatting to him. From the Irish weather to the favourite food dishes, they chatted about everything. He didn't flirt with her, once in a while he would just compliment. Well it was good he didn't flirt much, she would have been very uncomfortable. She had never chatted to any guy before who was her crush. In fact, all her life in the slamic school, there was segregation of genders and in the university, there wasn't any she had been remotely attracted to.

It had been Daud for a very long time. Now she was finally chatting to him. Getting to know him. She frowned as she tore the iceberg lettuce, he was troubled. She may be young but she could tell, he wasn't a very happy person. He was emotional but he liked to keep his emotions within himself. She hoped she can break down his barriers and reach out to his inner self and be able to make him a happy person.

"Nawal? Why is it taking so long?" Ghazala asked standing by the cooker.

Nawal was startled and dropped the knife on the chopping board, "N...n...nothing Mom. Just a few more minutes I am done."

Ghazala narrowed her eyes and suspiciously observed her daughter. She had discerned a difference in Nawal in the last few days. It seemed she was more and more in her own thoughts. And she smiled a lot even when she was sitting alone. This wasn't right. Biting her lip, as she sprinkled coriander leaves in the mutton curry serving a dish, she decided, it is the time she better speak to her husband and decide upon Nawal's marriage.

That evening when the children were in their room, Ghazala sat on her bed and turned to her husband, who was drowsily closing his eyes.

"Shabbir, I want to speak to you."

"Hmmm..."

"Seema has asked for Nawal's hand in marriage for Salman."

Shabbir eyelids rose immediately and he turned to his wife, "When did Seema say this?"

Laying down on the bed and covering herself with the duvet, Ghazala replied, "few weeks back. But I had been undecided about it even though Salman is a good boy. I started doing istekhara for several days and I feel this is the right decision."

Shabbir turned on his back and gazed up at the ceiling, "Hmmm, I like Salman myself. But before we make the decision we should speak to Nawal."

Ghazala huffed, "What does she know what is good for her?"

Shabbir slowly shook his head, "No Ghazala she has to live him. We have to ask for her decision."

After a long silence, Ghazala agreed, "Fine."

Shabbir said before closing his eyes, "Let her exams finish then I will speak to her myself."

Ghazala silently prayed as her eyelids lowered,

Let Nawal quietly accept our decision.

****

In the past two weeks, Salman had been getting agitated that why there was no news from Khala regarding the proposal. He still hadn't gone up to his mother and asked. But now he was fed up of waiting.

Seema was sitting in the living room with her husband's shirt that she was mending. She had a needle in one hand and the shirt in the other. Salman cautiously sat down beside her and thought hard how to bring up the topic. It was best to just say it.

"Ammi, there is something I needed to ask you."

"Hmm, what is it?" she asked without looking up at him as she concentrated in sewing the missing button on the shirt.

"Did you ask Khala what her response is to the marriage proposal?"

Seema's head shot up and her forehead creased, "Yes I did."

But she didn't go on. Salman knew it was bad news. "What is it?"

"She said Shabbir bhai and Baji agree to the proposal. But they are waiting for Nawal to complete her exams and then ask her once. She even did istekhara and it has been good."

Salman slowly nodded. So he had to wait a couple more weeks. He sighed, he can do this. When he had waited years, he can wait a couple of weeks.

"Looks like someone is eager to get married." Manal giggled from behind the sofa.

"Shut up Manal," Salman warned.

Manal sat beside her brother and lightly punched his arm, "Once you are married to Nawal, I will tell her all about your desperation."

Salman glowered, "Manal!!!"

She shrugged nonchalantly, "What? I didn't do anything" then she stuck out her tongue, "YET"

"I will get you!!" he said.

Giggling, she stood up and ran away.

Seema chuckled softly, "Sisters love teasing their brother at a time of their marriage. Don't take it to the heart Salman. Manal will never say anything to Nawal."

Salman wasn't too sure.

****

Daud: tomorrow is your last day of exams?

Nawal: yes inshaa Allah then I have two weeks off. :-)

Daud: great. We should celebrate then.

Nawal: how?

Daud: can I meet you tomorrow after the exam?

Nawal stilled, her eyes widened. She hadn't thought of meeting him. She gulped and her finger trembled on the keyboard.

Nawal: I don't know.

Daud: let's meet at the Starbucks near your university? Just for a little while.

Nawal: let me think.

Daud: just for coffee Nawal. Nothing else. I have been thinking about you a lot. And I feel it would be so much better when we speak face to face.

Nawal: Okay.

Daud: Great tomorrow at 3pm then?

Nawal: Okay.

Nawal looked up from her phone and thought,

Is this right?

firstly, the picture doesnt depict Nawal. 

Daud and Nawal.... First meeting coming up? Who is excited?

What are your thoughts as we look deeper into Daud's feelings and thoughts?

Please vote and comment. I love all your comments and I try my best to reply to them.

Until next time,

Assalam u alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 88K 54
She was tested. Battered. And Bruised. He was her saviour. He was her only hope for survival, happiness and love. And she was not his... Ra...
303K 16.5K 29
~ Dill k kissay kahan nahi hotay Han wo sabse bayaan nahi hotay ~ ********* She is innocent. He is rude. She is shy. He is introvert. S...
9.2K 665 18
"Six years of living together," she sniffed. "One would think we'd know each other in all this time." "I know you," I whispered. My eyes were begging...
1.9M 104K 176
Baad mein jo hoga dekha jayega Abhi ishq mein hain kuch din yahi rehte hain -Amandeep Lots of different stories that will take you to another world...