Little Leaps

By xFakingaSmilex

As their life turns towards a new adventure, secrets from Blake's past threaten their relationship once more... More

Little Leaps
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
⋆ OTHER STORIES YOU MIGHT ENJOY ⋆

Chapter Fourteen

15.9K 715 250
By xFakingaSmilex

The sound of feet shuffling against the ground alerts me to Blake's presence. He squeezes my shoulder as he heads to the kitchen. I place the glue stick on the table and turn my attention to him.

"How's she doing?" I question.

Blake tiredly drags his fingers through his hair, then lets out a rough exhale.

"I've checked under the bed and in the wardrobe three times, but she's still terrified there's monsters living in them. I've read four bedtime stories and now I'm making hot chocolate," he explains.

"It reminds me of when she was little." I happily sigh. "We're going to need to do something else, these tricks aren't working. Mum suggested getting a teddy to put at the end of her bed."

"Sure, because I'm not sure what else to do." Blake shrugs.

"We could take her shopping on the weekend before we go to your parents," I suggest.

"Mm, sounds like a good idea." He faintly smiles.

Blake grabs a microwavable jug out of the cupboard and fills it with milk. While he faffs around with the hot chocolate, I return to my craft project.

Since I'm only getting married once, or so I hope, I want something cute to give the girls when I ask them to be my bridesmaids. So far, I think London could do a better job than the disaster of pink and silver glitter mess I've constructed.

I toss the card aside and start fresh. If I keep practicing, I'll make something that looks worthy of my bridesmaid box. Or, I dash to the shops and find something of better quality.

A flash of blue makes me jerk to the side. Blake laughs as he places the mug on the table beside my mess of scrap paper.

"Thought you'd like one as well," he says.

"Thank you! I just wasn't expecting it." I laugh.

"I'm sure that wasn't supposed to be an insult, but it hurts none the less." Blake softly chuckles.

"No, I'd never do that! Who'd bring me food and drinks?" I giggle.

"Very true." He nods.

"Do you want some help with London?" I ask.

"No, I'll be right. You should focus on your cards so that they're ready for tomorrow."

Even though he says things are fine, I can see the exhaustion in his body. I want to ease it away but it's a tough time with us.

Wedding prep is hard, finances suck despite our parents help, work is exhausting and now London can't sleep and it takes hours to get her off to bed.

"Come on, we'll read her one more story and then that's it. She takes advantage of your soft side." I laugh.

"She's a cheeky one – I can't so no to any of the women in my light."

I poke my tongue out and then smile. Blake leans down and presses his lips against mine. They're soft, warm and inviting.

The moment is cut short by the sound of little footsteps scurrying down the hallway. Blake breaks away and wanders towards the hallway entrance.

"Back to bed," he instructs.

I jump out of my chair and follow after the pair. London leaps into her bed and Blake gives her the mug of hot chocolate.

"Ava is going to read you one more story and then you have to sleep."

London's round blue eyes gaze into Blake's tough green ones and within seconds, I see him softening. It's hilarious because he's the one declaring she can't sleep in our bed but he'll read her four stories a night.

I grab her favourite fairy book from the shelf and sit beside her. Blake takes a seat at the end of the bed and rests against the wall.

"Ready for the story?" I ask.

London eagerly nods her head which makes me smile.

I open the book to the first page and begin reading. London looks over my arm with a curious look which never seems to falter despite the thousands of times we've read the story together.

By the end of the story, the mug is nestled between her legs and her head is resting on my arm. I take the cup and place it on the side table along with the book.

I gently lay London on the bed and cover her with the blanket. Soft snores escape her parted lips as I sneak towards the exit.

Blake kisses her cheek and moves to stand beside me.

"She's adorable." I sigh.

"Mm, she really is." Blake rests his chin on my shoulder.

His arms wrap around my waist and he rests his hand on my stomach. I lean against his chest and we gaze over London.

I return to the dining table with Blake following. He sits beside me but lounges in his seat.

"I've said it hundreds of times, but wow, you're so good with kids."

"Why thank you." I wink.

"London is tucked away sleeping and where's Nora? She's like a little mouse, creeps in and out of the house," he comments.

"That's because she doesn't want to wake you at night. To answer your question, she's at my parents' house having dinner. Generally, those things take a long time once our parents get chatting."

"And why weren't we invited?" Blake gasps. "I love your mother's cooking, so good!"

"Because we've been working long hours this week," I explain. "It seemed easier to make our own food opposed to the ordeal of a home cooked meal."

"Correction, I made your dinner." He chuckles.

"Don't try that with me because I offered to help! But no, you told me to work on these crappy cards."

"Remind me as to why you're making cards?" Blake grabs my first attempt and stifles a crack of laughter.

The writing is terrible and I miss spelt 'bridesmaid' on it.

"Because I want these boxes to be special! I thought the handmaid cards would be a nice touch but I forgot how bad my arts and craft skills are," I grumble.

Blake returns the card to the bin and wraps his arm around me shoulder. I slide across the chair and bump into his hard chest.

"Everything you've included is pretty special, don't murder yourself over trying to make cards as well. Besides, you're doing better than me. I was just going to ask the guys once you've done with this," he explains.

"You should do something special, even if it's an activity. Leap off a bridge and ask them to be your best men."

"Hm, do you think my parents will spring for a trip to Vegas?"

"Not for you, but maybe for me." I proudly grin.

"You're the daughter-in-law she's been waiting for, so it wouldn't surprise me if she did that." Blake kisses the top of my head.

"Handmaid cards or shop bought, they're going to say yes."

"If not, I'll dazzle them with a trip to Vegas." I chuckle.

"Only if you let me squeeze into one of your suitcases."

"That's a deal." We shake on it.

I pull away from Blake's chest in favour of facing him. I nervously tap my foot against the ground before deciding to spit it out.

"Should I ask Tori? I've been assessing our options. Yes because it makes an even line up and she's been a good friend. No because she's your ex and there's some tension going on. What are your thoughts?"

The subject matter is something I've been tossing around since Monday. I don't have any other female friends to ask and I don't want Blake to make the tough choice of cutting someone out of his bridal party because of my lack of friends.

Blake thoughtfully looks at the table before flickering his attention back to me.

"She can be included but if she causes trouble, I'll flick Jude from the line up," he says.

"But Jude's your brother."

"Ben is my best friend and Kyle means a lot to you. I'd rather you be happy because it's our day and we get to have our closest friends by outside."

I have to take a deep breath to prevent the tears from trickling down my cheeks. When I think he can't get any better, he does.

"You'll also be happy to know that I checked the budget and we can afford the dressing robes. I've ordered them all, including two for our mothers since they'll be getting ready here."

"Really?" I slap my hand over my mouth to prevent myself from screaming.

"They arrive tomorrow morning so you can finally ask the girls."

"Thank you so much." I lean across and plant my lips on his.

"You're welcome!"

"I'll message the girls about a catch up and then you can get your grove on. Please brainstorm something funky, but of course, it's up to you."

"Okay, I promise to find a cool way," he says. "Until then, I've got something better in mind than arts and craft."

Blake stands up and offers me his hand. I hesitantly place my hand in his, only to be tugged off the chair.

"What's happening?" I ask.

"Shh, it's a surprise."

He opens the back door and we step outside. I'm taken across the backyard and towards the pool.

"We don't have bathers," I comment.

"It's our house, we don't need bathers here," he whispers.

Blake opens the pool gate and we step inside. He strips out of his shirt and moves to take his shorts off. Before the slide over his hips, Blake looks back to me with a confused look.

"Aren't you coming in?"

I look at the water, the house, then back to Blake.

"Okay, let's do this."

I fling my dress off, then remove my underwear. Blake takes my hand and we stand on the first step leading into the pool. The water is freezing but I keep moving.

"We're going to get sick after this," I say.

"Or we'll be fine and you enjoy our swim."

"Do you want to bet on this?"

"No, because I know I'll lose against you." He laughs.

Blake moves to the middle of the pool and beckons me to follow him. Despite the shiver clambering through me, I dart towards him and wrap my arms around his waist.

I look up and Blake cups my cheek, a small smile forming on his lips.

"You look so beautiful under this bright moon light," he whispers.

A smile springs to my lips because he always knows how to turn things around.

"I love you, Blake."

His lips softly press against mine and I feel that spark of emotion flowing between us. It's the kind that makes me weak at the knees and leaves butterflies soaring through my stomach.

I gaze into Blake eyes and gasp. With the moonlight flooding behind him and the sparkle in his eyes, it takes my breath away.

This is one of those few moments which truly take my breath away.

Tori is on the list for being a bridesmaid, what are your thoughts?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35 0 31
LITTLE TRICK... ENORMOUS HARM! Life makes Heroes and villains of us. Everyday! It makes us moves our roles between being Farias and Demons in someone...
288K 11.5K 43
Blake and Ava must fight for the life they want, even if that involves risking it all. Series Order: Baby Steps, Colossal Jump, Moving Forward, Litt...
Them By Haliegh

Science Fiction

93 5 12
Rose has a secret and no one knows what it it, but no one really cares, but her secret follows her around, literally. Rose lives in a world where the...
980K 37.7K 41
Ava thought she had the world figured out until it was turned upside down. She must decide if she wants to be free or re-building the life she had. S...