My Fighter

By stanlife

You can't help who you fall in love with. Never in a million years Did Hayley think she would find herself fr... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
Epilogue
Announcement

1

20.1K 355 97
By stanlife

Picture of Haley in media.

"Come on, Haley! You promised you would go this one time." My older sister whined, stomping her foot. For her to be 23, she sure acted like a toddler.

I still didn't believe she was four years older than me. There had to be a mistake. I have yet to see a birth certificate confirming her age.

"I'm not going with you to a UFC fight. You know how I feel about that stuff. I hate violence. Why did you even pay to see that anyway? It's a waste of money!" I scolded, my eyes scanning the fridge for food, and as expected, there was none.

I slammed the door shut huffing, my stomach was growling like crazy, "Anna, we need to go grocery shopping. There's no food."

"I don't get paid until next week Friday, " she sighed, "We'll have to do with what we have."

So, to sum that up, we'll just starve until she gets paid. Not surprising, here's a little background story about my fucked up life. Our parents left us at the hospital once we were born, I've never seen my dad and I only know my mom's name.

Anna and I were put in foster care after that and eventually when i was two, i got adopted, by the Jones. They were nice people but it didn't last because they eventually got tired of me and sent me right back to the system.

This went on for 14 years home, to home. Family, to family. Each one got worse and during those times I briefly stayed with other people I was either used as a maid or beaten and assaulted just out of their amusement.

My sister Anna and I got separated briefly but she promised she would find me when she gets older and when she does she'll take care of me and I'll be free from the system.

So here we are, four years later. I'm 19, and she's 23 about to be 24 three weeks from today.

"So does your silence mean you'll go with me, Haley?" She smiled cheekily, and I almost caved in that moment, with everything that's been going on with her job and our money circumstances. She's been really stressed and hasn't smiled in a while.

"I don't know..." I still didn't like the idea of going to watch people kill each other in a cage. I've heard those things get bloody, and blood makes me nauseous.

She squealed, nearly tackling me to the ground as she gave me one of her famous bear hugs, "Thank you! I promise you'll enjoy it and I'll never ask you to do anything ever again."

She kissed my cheek before running off somewhere. There was only one place she could go. We lived in a small one bedroom apartment, it was all we could afford at the moment. I didn't mind sharing. Privacy didn't bother me as much because living in group homes your whole life. Privacy isn't an option.

I was in my second year of college, and I got in on a scholarship. I was majoring in psychology, but I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do with my life. It changed every day.

"Please be nice to Corrine, I already talked to her, and I told her you were okay with her." I rolled my eyes at that, corrine was Anna's best friend, and I absolutely hated her.

She was always criticizing me on everything I did, not to mention she was always out with my sister as if she didn't have a home. Her family is rich.

"When am I not nice to her? Can she turn off her bitch-o-meter for one day?" At that, Anna groaned, shaking her head. The truth hurts, but she had horrible taste in not only men but friends too.

"You two are ridiculous, " she said, "If I didn't know any better, I would think you liked each other."

I scoffed, "Not in this lifetime, Anna."

She knew I was gay and didn't have a problem with it. She said my sexuality didn't change the fact that I was her sister. She was literally the best sister. She could have run off and got a job and left me, but she came back and adopted me.

It was nearly six pm, and corrine was on her way to pick us up. I was dreading this car ride. The New York traffic was already crazy and now I had to sit in the car with Satan's spawn.

"She's here!" Anna yelled, I looked out the window to see Corrine's black range Rover parked right in front of our door. She didn't get out of the car and instead beeped her horn.

Lazy ass.

I slid into the back seat, forcing a smile on my face. She looked through the rearview mirror, looking me up and down, "That's what you're wearing?"

I looked down at my white t shirt, ripped jeans, and base ball cap confused. What was wrong with what I had on, "It's what I have on, isn't it?" I snapped defensively.

"You look like a hobo." She said and my jaw clenched, Anna didn't want to tell corrine about our financial problems because she didn't want corrine to look at her differently so all she knew was that we were living 'comfortably' which was a lie.

So her comments offended me a bit, "All that plastic surgery you've got must have affected your brain. It's such a waste. Let someone else have it since you don't use it."

She gasped about to scream at me when my sister interrupted our argument. "Can you guys stop it! For one day, can you pretend to get along for me?" She begged.

I shook my head, "No, because she has the nerve to come for how I dress when she walks around looking like a box of crayons."

"You're such a bitch, no wonder you don't have friends and everyone hates you." Corrine hissed venomously, "You're even lucky your sister puts up with you because I wouldn't."

Tears threatened to spill from my eyes, I wouldn't let them see me cry, "Open the door." I said Anna looked back at me confused, "Open the fucking door!"

Once the doors were unlocked I ran, Ignored my sister's screams for me to come back and pushed myself farther down the side walk. I found an alley way that was empty and stopped there collapsing by the dumpster.

I let my emotions take over and freed the endless amount of tears that were streaming down my face. I felt so weak when I cried, useless.

"Are you alright?" Someone asked, I didn't look up but telling by their voice I knew it was a female. I heard gravel crunching before I felt a presence beside me.

"Do you want me to call someone for you? Parents?" The stranger pried, couldn't she just see that I wanted to be alone? Why was that so hard to understand?

"I just want to be alone." I mumbled, sniffling the worst of it was over, only now I had a serious headache.

"It's dangerous out here at night." She said, "I'm not going to leave you here."

"Isn't it dangerous for you too? You're here with me." I said, finally looking up to see the faceless stranger. My breath hitched in my throat as I looked at the goddess in front of me. She had dirty blonde hair and her hazel brown eyes sparkled despite the darkness that surrounded us.

My eyes traveled down to what she was wearing and it looked like she had just came from a gym or something. She wore what I assumed a Grey hoodie and sweatpants. She was kinda buff for a women and I found that attractive, you could tell she worked out and I knew she had a banging body.

One word to describe her? Absolutely gorgeous.

"Are you okay? You look kinda sick ." her voice broke me out of my heated thoughts and my face flushed. I was hoping my Carmel skin covered it up, I was so embarrassed she noticed me checking her out.

"I'm fine, really." I reassured standing up, she followed my movement's and fell into step with me as I walked out the ally. I had no idea where I was going. I needed to get to the arena.

"I can give you a ride, " she offered, "Where are you headed?"

"To some ufc fight." I answered nonchalantly.

She visibly stiffened, "What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. Something was clearly bothering her.

"Oh nothing, " she forced a dazzlingly smile which caused me to internally roll my eyes she made it so obvious, "I'm heading there too actually."

"Oh that's great!" She led me to her car and I had to stop, my eyes were wide and I was sure my mouth was hanging open, she had a red 2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class. It was my dream car! I always wished to see one of these in person.

"T-thats you're car?" I asked in disbelief, I didn't want to freak her out more than I probably had but I walked up to her car letting my fingers dance along the cool hood. The red paint shined in the night sky.

"Come on get in!" She laughed opening the door for me, she didn't have to tell me twice and when I slid into the leather interior of the car I had to bite back a moan.

"The Seats are heated and if you want a massage just push that." She pointed to a Grey button just below my chair.

I did as told and the chair indeed started to vibrate and massage my back, "You must have a really good job to be able to afford this car."

"You could say that." She smiled, the car ride wasn't long and she was good company. When we got to the arena she disappeared, leaving me at the bag check and went through some door.

I waited for a few minutes hoping we could go find our seats together then soon realized she wasn't coming back. Slightly disappointed that she left me here and I didn't even get her name, I went off to find my seat. I don't know how my sister got second row seats to a fight. My best bet was that she was sleeping with one of the attendants.

When I got there, I saw her and Corrine sitting down their eyes, not leaving the cage, and they didn't notice my presence until i stepped over them to get in my seat.

Anna basically pulled me in her lap and whispered how much she loved me, and she was glad I was okay. Then it went from 'I'm so happy to see you' to 'if you ever do something like that again I will skin you alive and feed you to piranhas'

Corrine looked at me solemnly, "Look, Haley, I'm -"

"It's fine, " I interrupted her, "I'm okay, let's just forget it happened, yeah?"

Music began to play, and I looked around, not paying attention. The fight was about to start, and they were introducing the components.

"On the right, we have women's bantamweight champion Paige vanzant!" The crowed roared, and my sister cheered. Equally excited, she seemed like a crowd favorite when they flashed her face across the screen. I froze.

That couldn't be her! Is that why she disappeared? Because she had to get read for the fight? My eyes were burning into her back, trying to figure it out. She seemed to sense my hard gaze as she turned around, locking eyes with me.

We stared at each other for what felt like hours. She looked surprised to see me, and I was furious! Why didn't she tell me?? When she realized I wasn't giving up our staring contest, she turned around abruptly, paying attention to the task in front of her.

"What the hell was that?" My sister asked, "You know Paige Vanzant?"

"No," I answered quickly, diverting my gaze elsewhere, "I've never seen that girl before in my life."

________________________________

New story??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 406 14
"It takes few seconds to break the trust but takes years to mend it" "Will Becky able to trust again?" "Will Freen able to gain becky trust?" "Will t...
161K 3.1K 26
Spring Rose, the ultimate heartbreaker at Carson academy will always blow off every love she's ever had because of her haunting past. Hayley believed...
60.3K 2.3K 33
A childhood trauma left her chained in her own mind. Her existence felt hopeless, worthless. The outside world seemed scary yet tempting. She was sca...
1.8K 56 23
The Princess just want someone to love without judgement and hatred. She wants be her own person and not live in an arranged marriage like her parent...