In The Lights

By BlueLightingx

Hayden Moore is the daughter of one of Hollywood's biggest power couples. She's been in the public eye her en... More

In The Lights
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28

Chapter 14

744 11 5
By BlueLightingx

I groaned as I rolled over and stretched out. I looked over at the clock as I sat up and took in my surroundings, 12:00 noon and I'm in a hotel room? My head hurts like hell, my body is sore and I have no idea what happened last night. 

I stood up and slowly made my way into the main room, my eyes growing wide when I saw Colson sitting on the couch, shirtless, and watching TV. 

"Colson?" I grumbled and held my throat. Ouch, that hurt. 

"You're awake." He smiled a little and stood up. "You feeling any better?" I shook my head and slowly sat down on the couch. A couple minutes later he returned with a cup of coffee and two asprin pills. I smiled a little and took them. 

"What happened last night?" I grumbled. He looked over at me with a sly smile on his face. 

"You don't remember?" I shook my head. "No idea?" I rolled my eyes and sipped the warm coffee in my hand. 

"Colson." I snarled and swallowed the second asprin. 

"You were wasted at a party and some guy was trying to take you home with him." He sighed and began flipping through TV channels. 

"So how did I end up here?" He sighed and looked over towards me with beaming eyes. 

"I brought you here so that the paparazzi wouldn't see you drunk and me taking you home." We were silent for a little while as we watched the last bit of World's Dumbest. 

Once the show ended there was an awkward silence. I continued to sip my coffee. Colson scrolled through different notifications on his phone. 

"There's food on the table." I looked up and turned to face the table, shocked. I've never seen this side of Colson. 

"Thanks." I nodded and made my way towards the table. Eggs, sausage and french toast were on my plate when I sat down and began eating. I was about half-way done eating when Colson spoke up again. 

"Can we talk?" He asked as he sat in front of me. I didn't say anything, just nodded. He just looked at me for a minute. 

"Well?" I cleared my throat and drank a sip of my orange juice that had some how appeared in front of me. 

"I miss you, Hay.." He looked down and I dropped my fork, letting it clang against the plate. 

"We were so happy and let some stupid shit get inbetween us. Why?" I rolled my eyes, glared at him and slammed my hands on the table. 

"It's not a 'Why'! You were messaging some girl and being shady and secretive! Why don't you tell me why!" I didn't even know it but my eyes were filling with tears and they were all spilling over during my rant. 

"Hayden she was a friend of mine and-" 

"Stop it!" I interrupted, shooting up from the table. "Stop lying to me! Just stop!" I began pacing around the living room, mentally yelling at myself for losing my control and crying over Colson. I had been doing so well these last few weeks and of course he had to come along and screw it up. 

"Hayden, I'm sorry. But I'm not lying." He exhaled and the room quickly went silent. 

"Then who the hell is she?" I mumbled, tired and still a little hungover. 

"If I tell you, you can't get all pissy. I'm giving you what you're asking for." I nodded and crossed my arms over my chest, ready to hear the story I've been wondering about for so long. 

"When I was in high school, we hooked up a few times.. It was nothing serious but we always kinda kept in contact with each other. The messages you read, we were just planning on hanging out when I went back to Cleveland." My arms fell to my side and more tears streamed down my face. 

"Colson, I love you.. But if our relationship is gonna be secrets and fighting, then I can't do it. I've done it before and I won't do it again." He walked over and wrapped his arms tightly around me. 

"I love you too, Hay." I felt his lips on my forehead before he pulled away and smiled a little. "You can get a pair of my sweats and keep the sweater. I'll take you home." I went into his room and found a grey pair of sweats, looking at myself in the mirror a minute before walking out. 

What am I doing? 

.~.~.~.~. 

"Where have you been?" Talia snorted as she examined my appearance. 

"Does it matter?" I groaned, walking over to the fridge and searched for one of my bottled smoothies. 

"Gwen and Piper called.. They said they're gonna cancel tonight. Feeling sick." 

I didn't really mind. I felt pretty crappy as well. Not to mention confused. There were so many things on my mind. 

Colson, my GPA which was struggling at the moment and my overall health, so a movie night was the last thing on my mind. 

"Hayden!" My ears rang and I flinched, my head feeling like it was about to explode. My Dad had a wide smile on his face as he walked into the kitchen, still dressed in his suit. 

"Yeah Dad?" I grumbled, trying my best to hide the hangover. 

"Be ready tonight at 8." I looked over at Talia, who shrugged before I looked back at my dad. 

"Why?" 

"We're having a business dinner with the new colleagues." He smiled from ear-to-ear and I just rolled my eyes. 

"I'm not up for it tonight, Dad." He placed a hand on my shoulder and squeezed lightly. 

"This is important. And Austin will be there, too. You'll have a great time!" I winced again as he skipped out of the room, leaving me with an even bigger headache than I had before. 

.~.~.~.~. 

"Dad I really don't feel well." I groaned, rubbing my head with the back of my hand. 

"It's only for an hour." He patted my back as we climbed out of the car, walking into the restaurant and quickly being seated with the rest of our party. Austin and I sat off to the end of the table. At least it put us a little bit of a distance away from all the business talk. 

"I don't want to be here any more than you do," Austin smiled as he scrolled through his cell phone. 

"It's not that. I'm just not feeling well." I lied. Well, kind of. I didn't feel well, but I also didn't want to be here. My Dad is just using me to keep Austin happy, so he tells his colleagues that he's happy which makes them happy. Yeah, confusing. 

We were silent for a few minutes, listening to everyone else at the table dicuss buisness. Our food arrived and the table fell quieter as everyone dug in. 

"So are you recording any new music yet?" I asked after eating a bit of the spaghetti on my food. 

.~.~.~.~. 

Dinner was pretty boring. Austin and I had a few fun moments here and there but he was mostly dragged into the conversations of business or money or something like that.  

Afterwards, my dad and Austin's team went back to the studio, but they decided to keep it a secret and not tell us what it was about. Therefore, Austin and I decided that it was too early to end the night off and it was on such a bad note, we decided to go back to my place and hang out by the pool. 

We played some of Austin's newest music before turning to the live station. The night was going pretty well afterall. When I checked the time it was almost midnight and if my dad wasn't back by now, he would be back soon. 

I walked Austin out, and there were no paparazzi out this late so we would be fine. 

"Tonight started out like crap, but ended on a pretty well note." Austin smiled. I felt myself blush a little and quickly looked down at the ground, smiling a little. 

"Yeah, it was pretty fun." I smiled up at him. He stared back down at me, smirking a little. "What are you smiling at, Mahone?" He just kept smiling. He didn't say any words, but before I knew it, he closed the space between our bodies and kissed my lips, gently running his hands through my hair. 

I don't know how long we were kissing, but when he finally pulled away we were both breathing irregularly. He smiled again and I smiled back at him, a little confused at his actions. 

"I'll see you soon," He smiled, pecking my lips again before exiting the gates and driving away. 

What was that about? What am I suppose to do now? .....Colson!

.~.~.~.~.

SORRY ABOUT THE LONG WAIT! I've been stuck on this for awhile but I have a route im going down with this story now! I hope you like it!

OH and how do you like the new cover? c;

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 174 37
When Fleetwood Mac were recording and then touring with their classic Rumours - at the time the fastest-selling album in history - they were one of t...
155K 2.5K 30
Who would've thought loving someone who's perfect for you would be so painful. Not me. Neither of us did, but we learned that the hard way. (COMPLETE...
68.5K 1.3K 18
Isaac Baker is like every normal high school sophomore. Popular, football player, and well liked by the ladies. Yet, his life is very different from...
107K 2.6K 52
[COMPLETED] When tragedy strikes leaving MGK in a rough situation his live changes forever. Suddenly and unexpectedly Jane comes into his life living...