The Lost Princess of Asgard

By marvel-ous

You've all heard the stories of Thor...or Loki, but you've never heard mine. My name is Astryd Odindittir. I... More

Prologue.
Part I : Chapter I
Part I : Chapter II
Part I : Chapter III
Part I : Chapter IV
Part I : Chapter V
Part I : Chapter VI
Part I : Chapter VII
Part I : Chapter VIII
Part I : Chapter IX
Part I : Chapter X
Part I : Chapter XI
Part I : Chapter XII
.intermission.
Part II : Chapter XIII
Part II : Chapter XIV
Part II : Chapter XV
Part II : Chapter XVI
Part II : Chapter XVII
Part II : Chapter XVIII
Part II : Chapter XIX
Part II : Chapter XX
Part II : Chapter XXI
Part II : Chapter XXII
Part II : Chapter XXIII
Part II : Chapter XXIV
Part II : Chapter XXVI
Part II : Chapter XXVII
Part II : Chapter XXVIII
Part II : Chapter XXIX
Part II : Chapter XXX
Part II : Chapter XXXI
Part II : Chapter XXXII
Part II : Chapter XXXIII
Part II : Chapter XXXIV
Part II : Chapter XXXV
Part II : Chapter XXXVI
Author's Note

Part II : Chapter XXV

13.3K 399 34
By marvel-ous

Part Two: Chapter Twenty-Five.

Phase Two.

                       "Ah, you came." Loki grinned, sensing my presence before I even fully entered the room. He still remained seated on the bench, but he looked up and watched me curiously as I walked up to the glass cage. I stopped once I reached the limit staring at him.

                       "Because you called me." I remarked, crossing my arms against my chest. I didn't even bother with hiding the fact that I was annoyed. He knew I would come and he took advantage of it.

                    "Oh, did I interrupt something?" Loki teased knowingly. He stood and walked up, coming as close as his glass prison would allow him to be to me. His light colored eyes lit up mischievously. "My apologies."

                      "Why did you call me? How did you call me? Has Thanos given you power?" I asked. I had many more questions to ask, but these three were the most prominent. Even though, one of the questions I was the most curious about was: How did he know I was with Steve?

                       "Such an inquisitive thing you are. So many questions yet I fear I have no desire in answering them." He said, each word sounding rehearsed, and then he shrugged.

                       "Then I have no desire in being in your presence any longer." I spat and turned around, ready to leave him.

                          "Already regretting your decision, I see. It's a shame."

                     "Why do you keep pushing me away?" I abruptly asked, facing him once again but regretted it. The bright smile he was giving me was deceitful and mocking. He clasped his hands behind his back and began to pace back and forth inside his prison. I watched him warily, impatiently waiting for an answer.

                               "Yet another question from my dear Inquisitor."

                             I scoffed in disbelief. I should've known he wouldn't answer, but I couldn't help but hope that he would. That's what kept me here; what kept me fighting. Hope. I had hope in turning Loki back into the brother I once adored and loved. I still love him, but it was no longer the same. I turned back towards the exit.

                               "Don't say that I'm pushing you away. If you haven't noticed, you're the only one I've kept closest." Loki finally answered. I froze but didn't turn around. "You're the only one I care for."

                                "Yeah? Well, I wish you would show it more." I said over my shoulder. I didn't wait for a reply, nor did I dare to look back at him. Instead, I walked out of the room with a sigh.

**

                          "Astryd!"

                       Startled, I stopped walking and turned towards the direction of the voice alert. Steve hastily came in to view and I finally exhaled, not realizing that I'd been holding my breath. I frowned at Steve. His dark blonde hair was ruffled, as if he had ran his hand through his hair a lot, and his blue eyes lacked their normal spark.

                       "Steve, what's going on?" I asked worriedly.

                       Steve grabbed my hand, leading me the opposite the way I was going. I trailed behind him, letting him guide me to wherever it was we were going. I didn’t bother to ask any more questions, even though I wanted to. I believe I’ve asked enough questions for today.

                         We walked through numerous corridors, sneaking our way discreetly as we passed by some Agents. My eyes burned into the back of Steve's head, wondering why we were being guarded about walking around. We finally came to a halt and Steve let go of his grip on me.

                          “Fury might be lying to us.” Steve answered at last. He then nodded his head towards the door to his side. I glanced at it and in big bold letters it read:

                         SECURE STORAGE.

                   Not wasting any time in an explanation, he leaned forward against it, his arms gripping the edges of it firmly while I watched, wondering if I should help or not. Steve let out a grunt and the door released a sound of its own, and he easily slid the door open. He turned around to glance around us cautiously.

                 “No one is behind us.” I assured. Steve nodded and we walked into the room together. “What are you looking for here, anyways?”

                       "Tony thinks Fury is hiding something about the tesseract from us."

                    "Oh." I mumbled, not knowing what to feel or how to react. Fury is hiding something about the tesseract from us? I really don't even know what to think anymore...

                    I stop walking and let my eyes wander around as Steve went on. The room was a lot bigger than I had imagined it could be. Although it was a big room, it lacked space and was overcrowded with heavy looking metal boxes. The boxes were carefully lined against the walls and each other. Straight ahead, was a narrow path that -from where we stood- seemed to only go forward.

                      Faint voices startled me and my head whipped towards the voices, as well as Steve's, and we saw two agents conversing amongst themselves, oblivious to us. Steve and I exchanged a wary glance, and even though I didn't have a clue of what led Steve to bring me here, I knew that it definitely was not to talk or be caught by S.H.I.E.LD.

                      Steve took a few steps back, paced himself, and ran jumping up in the progress. His hands reached out and gripped one of the rails from the upper level of the room and he carefully trailed his way up to the second floor. 

                        With one last glance at the absorbed agents, I followed after Steve.

**

                 “When I first came to Earth, Loki’s rage followed me here and your people paid the price. And now, again.” Thor solemnly said, pity lacing into his voice. "In my youth, I courted war.”

                “War hasn’t started yet.” Fury commented, appearing out of nowhere. He wore his usual black, heavy attire and stood at the top of the stairs above Thor. “You think you could make Loki tell us where the Tesseract is?”

                “I don’t know. Loki’s mind is far afield. He trusts Astryd more than he does with me. I believe you’re better off if you make her locate it. It’s not just power he craves, it’s vengeance, upon me. There’s no pain that would prise his need from him.” Thor replied.

                  “A lot of guys think that until the pain starts.” Fury remarked, disappointed in Thor's answer. He'd hoped for a simple "yes." But at times like these, nothing can ever be simple.

                        As much as Fury wanted to locate the tesseract, asking Astryd for help was last on his list. He knew that by doing so Astryd would find out the truth. She'd find out that fact that Fury went behind her back and proceeded in making destructive weapons, despite her warnings. Astryd wouldn't have it and the trust Fury spent years on earning would easily disintegrate, and he feared that if that did ever happen, she'd turn her back against him and join Loki. He couldn't risk that, so he went with his other option at locating the tesseract: Bruce.

                 “What are you asking me to do?” Thor questioned just as Fury made his way down the steps and came to a stop right in front of Thor.

                      “I’m asking, what are you prepared to do?”

                    “Loki is a prisoner.” Thor stated, not following what Fury meant. His eyebrows knitted together and he lightly shook his head. Thor's blue eyes glanced up at Fury, wanting an explanation.

                           “Then why do I feel like he’s the only person on this boat that wants to be here?”

                            Thor fell silent, finally understanding what Fury meant. He never thought much about it, but now as Fury pointed it out, he couldn't stop thinking about it. Loki did not resist when they took him. It was easy. Too easy. Soon enough, Thor began to ask himself the same question:

                             What am I prepared to do?

**

                         "Everything here is boxed up." I murmured, almost bumping into Steve since I hadn't noticed he came to a stop. I moved so I stood by his side, my shoulder brushing his arm. He took a step closer to one of the many boxes lined up in front of him.

                        With care, both of his hands reached out for the lid of the box and he pressed against the buttons, the lid popping open on its own. My eyes widened and I let out a small gasp in disbelief. Steve turned to look at me, his eyes meeting mine and sending me the same shocked and look of disbelief. If it weren't for what the box contained, I would've been fazed by Steve's proximity to me.

                          My eyes trailed back down into the box where a heavy, mean looking black shiny gun rested. On the inside of the lid, was a brief typed out description of the weapon: Phase Two, weapons of mass destruction. My hand reached out for it and lightly brushed the advanced gun and just like I expected, a familiar current of the tesseract's energy flowed from the gun to me, creating a small spark.

                            "It's powered by the tesseract." I informed Steve even though he probably already knew, anger boiling up inside of me. The one thing I asked him not to do... Fury not only lied to me, but he did this all behind my back. That's not the only factor that hurt me. Erik, my own father, had taken part of this and, he too, kept this away from me.

                                                I was betrayed by the people I trusted the most.

A/N: Loki admitted that he cares for Astryd & Yikes! looks like Astryd found out the truth and she is anything happy about it. People do crazy things when they're betrayed ( I mean, look at what Loki did because of that)...What do you think Astryd will do/ say to Fury now that she knows? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this! (:

I know you guys are anticipating more Asteve moments, especially a kiss. Just be patient, lovelies...just be patient lol. it'll come soon! 

the song to the side kinda fits Loki & Astryd's relationship. I also think it has a lovely beat & it just a wonderful song in general, (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.1K 521 30
Your friend had a car accident and after that you meet the god of misschief. You learn that you're a lost Asgardian and that they need you more than...
39.8K 826 22
This story takes place during Thor and most of the Avengers with my own twist at the end Please enjoy :) DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE MAVR...
149K 5.1K 27
D-84, a H.Y.D.R.A. assassin, works alone. Loneliness is normal for her. At least, until she meets the person who will change her life for good. Loki...
5.6K 193 52
Long before the events of Thor and the Avengers, the god of mischief fell for a common Asgardian maiden. Late night meetings and secret rendezvous's...