Behind My Sister's Back

By Squiggle

When Summer's marriage ends in disaster, her sister, Ali, is there to pick up the pieces. What Summer didn't... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Summer's Return
Chapter 2: The New Head Chef
Chapter 3: Unfortunate Accidents
Chapter 4: Confonting Summer
Chapter 5: The Fight
Chapter 6: Fired
Chapter 7: Surprise!
Chapter 8 [part 1]: New Jobs
Chapter 8 [part 2]: Nice Guy
Chapter 9: Sneaky
Chapter 10: The Truth
Chapter 11: Goodbye
Chapter 12: Gina's News
Chapter 13: First Day Back
Chapter 14: Friends?
Chapter 15: Birthday
Chapter 17: ...Awkward (pic of ali)
Chapter 18: Feelings
Chapter 19: Date
Chapter 20: The Past
Chapter 21: Ian
Chapter 22: Jerk
Chapter 23: Unexpected
Chapter 24: Telling Dennis
Chapter 25: Letting Go
Chapter 26: Gina's Finest Ice-Cream
Chapter 27: Jealousy
Chapter 28: Victory
Chapter 29: Just Us
Chapter 30: Lies
Chapter 31: Lisa
Chapter 32: A Close Shave
Chapter 33: A Night To Remember
Chapter 34: Hospital
Chapter 35 [part 1]: Turning Point
Chapter 35 [part 2]: Visits
Chapter 36: The End

Chapter 16: Party

9.7K 179 14
By Squiggle

Recap:

 "You're having a party!"

             "What?!"

             I stood up but Gina was way too fast for me. She legged it, diving into her room and locking it behind her. Angrily I tugged on the door knob but it wouldn't budge. 

             "Gina!" I roared.

             Like birthday, but unlike presents, I did not like parties. Saying hello to relatives I hated and blowing out the birthday candles like a kid didn't float my boat. Gina knew that, yet she went against me anyway.

Chapter 16

-- Ali's POV --

             "How about this?"

             Gina twirled around in her dress. It was red to match her hair. Although low-cut and stopping half-way down her thighs, it didn't look slutty. The dress hugged her curves and showed off how tiny her waist was.

             I grinned with a thumbs up.

             "You look amazing!"

             "Thanks," she said, cheeks burning.

             I was already dressed in my black dress with satin pumps to match. Gina had tried to get me to wear heels, but it just wasn't going to happen. I couldn't walk in heels. I glanced in the mirror, checking my face. All I had bothered applying was mascara and dark-red lipstick. My hair was now a large clump of sleek brunette curls. I liked it.

             Gina applied her make-up though she really didn't need it. She was smoking hot without it.

             "Ready?" I said.

             "Wait," she said, holding up a finger. I waited as she hurried out of the room and came back with a black box. I stared at it.

             "You got me another present? You shouldn't have-"

             "I didn't," she cut me off and handed it to me. "It's from Dennis. He gave it to me to give you."

             "What?" I breathed. "Why didn't he just give it to me?"

             Gina shrugged.

             With shaky fingers, I managed to open the clasp and a goofy smile crept onto my face. It was a necklace. Attached to a short gold chain was the letter 'A', set with glittering round stones. There was a note beside it.

             With a subtle glance at Gina, who was hurriedly combing her hair again, I opened the note and read it.

Ali,

Happy birthday. This is a little something I've been meaning to give to you for a while. I decided to let you open it alone, because a sexy smirk from me would be guaranteed if I was there too, and I know you hate those.

Dennis

             Sexy... Yeah right.

             I bit back a smile as I tucked the note back into the box and laid it on the table. I weighed the necklace in my hands for a second before putting it on. It looked good.

             "Aw, that's sweet of him," said Gina when she saw it. We waited for a taxi and when one came, we got inside.

             "So where is this 'party'?" I asked. "It better not be some posh elegant tea party, Gee."

             "Relax," she said, looking chilled.

             "How did you even pay for a party?" I asked. "Wasn't it, like, really expensive?"

             "Don't worry," she replied, waving a hand dismissively. "It's all taken care of. No need to worry your pretty little head."

             I glared at her but let it drop.

             When we reached there, my jaw dropped. It wasn't an snobby over-priced restaurant like I had expected. It was a house. Dennis's house.

             "Oh my God!" I cried, excited. "This is perfect!"

             Gina smiled knowingly. She knew how much I loved nights out. Especially when it meant getting really drunk and dancing all night with sexy guys. The only thing I hadn't done on those nights out was wake up to a stranger the next day.

             I sauntered up along the path and knocked. Gina rolled her eyes and tapped her ears. I realised that they probably wouldn't be able to hear us over the booming music and just opened the door.

             I couldn't recognise the song that entered my ears, but I immediately wanted to start dancing. My eyes drifted towards Violet who was having a full-on make-out session with Greig. Gosh, I sounded like a teenager!

             I dumped my coat and purse in the corner and entered the living room, Gina following swiftly after me.

             I caught sight of everyone from the work, except Lisa. Everyone had a drink in their hands and they were all either dancing or passed out drunk.

              My eyes met piercing blue ones and I smirked at Dennis. His eyes travelled down towards my neck and back to my eyes. He smirked back.

             "Ali!" someone shouted in my ear.

             I turned around and saw Jasmine, the waitress I was friends with and had offered me money when I had been fired.

             "Hey," I shouted back over the music.

             She passed me a drink and walked towards the centre of the room where everyone was dancing. I gulped down the wine before joining in.

             A lot of guys danced with me that night. I even found Gina and danced with her, but then we noticed a sexy guy eying her up.

             "Go get him," I said and she did.

             I stumbled towards everyone, greeting them and accepting drinks off some of them. The alcohol seemed never-ending.

             I was staring to get very drunk.

             Someone grabbed my waist and pulled me towards them. The person handed me another drink and I took a sip. It was so strong but I gulped it down anyway.

             I don't know how long we danced but it felt like hours. My head was pounding from the music and the infinite amount of drinks I was being handed by everyone.

             The same person was gripping my waist. My hips were swaying on their own and my body was grinding against others. I didn't feel in control of my body anymore and I liked it.

             I turned around and found a gorgeous blonde grinning down at me. I smiled back as he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close.

             "Do you want to find a bedroom?"

             My heart skipped a beat and I found myself nodding. I wasn't usually so reckless.

             "I think you've had enough drinks," a voice said and I looked up. Dennis was staring at me disapprovingly, before raising his eyes to the guy holding onto me. I pursed my lips. "Don't touch her."

             "Hey!" I said indignantly. "I'm having fun!"

             The grasp disappeared and I groaned, feeling around for those warm hands but they were gone. I glared at Dennis and stumbled back. He stared flatly at me before stepping forward.

             "What the hell, Dennis? That was none of your business!"

             "Dance with me?"

             I shook my head angrily as he reached out for me.

             "You need to calm down."

             "Stop telling me what to do!"

             "Ali-"

             "Stay away me," I yelled over the music and hurried out. I stumbled into the kitchen and snatched a drink from the counter and forcing it to my lips. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead and I suddenly felt hot.

             Where had Gina gone? I could really use company right now.

             "Hey."

             It took me a few seconds to recognise that voice and when I did, I suddenly felt sober. But only for a second.

             "Oh, hello," I said, turned around. Summer hung around at the doorway, biting her lip. I had almost forgotton she was coming.

             She was dressed in a sexy purple dress that showed a lot of skin. Her hooded eyes met mine. She looked sad.

             "Ali, happy birthday."

             I ignored her. How dare she talk to me? Anger rocked through me like the whiplash after a heavy punch.

             "I got you a present."

             She held out a box wrapped in flowery wrapping paper. I took it out reluctantly and fiddled it with my fingers before placing it on the counter. I didn't want to open it. I wanted to chuck it in the other direction, hopefully in her direction.

             "Anything else?" I said spitefully.

             "Ali, how much have you drank?" she asked with concern. To be honest, I didn't know.

             I sighed heavily and a dizzy spell took over me. My vision blurred and I stumbled forward. I felt Summer's hands steady me and I wriggled out of her grip angrily. I didn't need her.

             "Why are you here? Nobody wants you here!"

             "Ali, we can sort this out-"

             "We can't. You've always been like this - trying to control me! You can't walk over me again!" I shrieked and grabbed a bottle from the counter. I threw it and it smashed against the wall. My breathing was ragged and uneven.

             "Ali! Stop it!"

             I closed my eyes for a second, trying to calm down. What was I doing, smashing things? I was too drunk...

             "I need to tell you something," she said but it sounded distant. My fingers gripped the counter for support as I shakily straightened up.

             "Tell it to someone who cares," I said and realised how garbled my voice sounded, but Summer understood. She let me shove past her.

             My stomach twisted uncomfortably. I felt sick. Bile rose to my throat and I knew what was going to happen next.

             I wretched. The smell just made me want to puke again. Wiping my mouth, I shuffled back and my back met another body.

             "Come here," he whispered in my ear and I was led to the kitchen. Dennis's hand was warm in mine as he led me to the kitchen. I breathed out heavily, desperately wanting another drink as he wiped my mouth with wet cloth. He then filled a glass with water and passed it to me.

             It soothed the burning in my throat and was slightly refreshing.

             "No more drinks," he said sternly and I grinned, eyes lighting up. He was so handsome... I understood how my sister fell from him. Unable to help myself, I stood on my tiptoes and locked my arms around him. Confusion shone in his eyes. I closed my eyes and pressed my lips against his.

             He pulled back slightly but I wasn't giving up. I didn't feel so hot anymore. It felt like fireworks. After a few seconds, he stopped resisting and responding. At first it was soft and tender, slow and affectionate. Then something took over us. He bit down on my lip and I gave him entrance gladly. He deepened the kiss and a moan escaped my lips. It was fiery and hot and so passionate.

             "Ali," he murmured against my lips.

             "Yes?"

             "How much have you had to drink?"

             A giggle erupted from my lips.

             "Who cares?"

             And we continued from where we left off. He pushed me back gently and we backed off towards the stairs, lips never disconnecting.

             We backed up the stairs and I banged my shoulder against a bedroom door. It was all happening so quickly. We fell on the bed, me on the bottom, him on the top. My fingers shakily unbuttoned his shirt and he shrugged it off quickly.

             I stared mesmerised at his bare chest. It was muscly but not insane. I ran fingers across it, enjoying the feeling of his skin against mine. All I could see was him, all I could feel was him. When he brought his head down to mine, I knotted my fingers in his hair and pulled him even tighter.

             He was pressed tightly against me, but not tight enough.

             "Are you sure?" he whispered.

             "Absolutely."

_____________________________________________________

Lol, I've been dying to write this for ages! You might think this is a little fast but trust me, I know what I'm doing! 

<< VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

Because I spent ages on this! And I've set a vote target in mind!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

557K 21K 24
Rui Leonetti could not believe that Vera could waltz back into his life and act like she could not remember the turmoil she had created five years a...
71.4K 3.8K 24
No description because it will ruin the last two books. If you haven't read Alliance (The First Book) go read it!
1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
1.7M 110K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...