Relationship With My Best Fri...

By KearaBoo

(Book #4 of the Best friend's series) ______________________________ "Jackson, I can't do this to Nikki," I b... More

Family Tree
Chapter 1.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35/Epilogue
Bonus Chapter #1
Bonus Chapter #2

Chapter 2.

45.5K 954 247
By KearaBoo

I don't know how, but suddenly Nikki falls down, a cry sounding from her throat.

I look over in a panic and see blood dripping from her nose and a football not to far from where she lay.

I hurriedly crouch down next to her and try to move her hand, but she won't budge.

I'm about to scream for help when suddenly Adam shows up.

"Are you okay, Nikki?" He asks, fake concern coating his words.

I slightly shove him out of the way and am toppled to the right by her brother.

Oh my gosh!

"Who threw it?" Nikki asks through the blood on her lips. Gross.

"Colten," Jackson hesitantly says with a sigh. And in 1...2...

"Get off!" She demands and pushes us away, I stand to my feet and let Jackson handle her.

She doesn't get far when she falls back down due to blood loss.

"Would you calm down?" Jackson sounds angry and annoyed.

It's always strange when I see him angry because he's always on the humouress side. Always cracking jokes and getting on people's nerves. With Nikki it's different, he's more caring than usual and mad.

"Adam and I are going to take you to the hospital," Jackson says and places his arms beneath Nikki's legs and back, carrying her.

"Oh hell no," I shake my head, but Jackson gives me the evil eye before I can say anything to Nikki. Bitch.

We all stand there and watch as Jackson, Adam and Nikki drive away.

"Are they gone?" Colten asks from behind me, looking scared.

I smack him on the back of the head and he curses. "What the hell is your problem?"

"I didn't mean to hit her," he holds his hands up in defense.

"Oh right," I scowl. "And the ball just so happened to miscalculate and head straight towards Nikki!"

"Pretty much," he nods.

"You know she already hates you right?" I cross my arms and his eyes dart down to my breasts that are covered by a shirt. "Eyes up here."

He does so and then plays it off. "Yes, of course I know she hates me, but I don't think that can get any worse."

"Really? You actually believe that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Yes," he nods.

"Alright," I suck in a breath and turn around to head back to my team.

He's too idiot for me.

•••

"Mm..." I moan, my fingers tangling in his thick brown hair.

His lips trail down my neck to the spot underneath my ear, sucking harshly to form a love bite.

"Nate..." I gasp and raise my hips to meet his.

It's getting a little heated and I know if I let this go on I'll be close to what I don't want right yet.

That's why I'm thankful for when my phone starts ringing.

"I should get that," I move away from his lips, but he tries to place them on my own.

"Just leave it," Nathan whispers and nibbles on my bottom lip. I give in for a minute, because he's a really good kisser, and then realize what I need to do.

"I can't it could be my mom," I push him away making him groan and move off of me.

I blow out a breath and grab my phone which flashes with the name Nikki.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Hey, just wanted to let you know that Colten definitely broke my nose," she growls and I hear Jackson's voice in the background.

"You're serious?" I gasp. "Should I come over?"

"No, no I'm fine. I just wanted you to know before I come to school tomorrow with a swollen nose," she explains.

I sigh. Yes Colten has always been super mean to Nikki for some unknown reason, but he's never - broken anything on her.

Running a hand through my hair I turn to Nathan for a second before talking into the phone.

"Right, just let me know if you need anything," I frown.

"Sure thing. See you later."

"Bye," I end the call.

"Was that Nikki?" Nathan sits up.

"Yeah, Colten broke her nose," I tell him.

"Is she okay besides that?" He asks and I nod unable to move as he presses his lips to mine.

"I-It's getting late, you should probably get going before my mom comes home."

A frown covers his face at that before he sighs and gets off the bed, going to find his shirt.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," he kisses my forehead and leaves my room.

I groan and plop down on my bed.

Nathan is a good guy, really he is, but I just can't see myself loving him and being with him in that way.

Maybe my feelings will change over time, maybe they won't. For now, though, I'm going to try and slow things down so I won't get into something that I can't get out of.

The next morning everything goes the same. Nathan picks me up and we wait by the school for Nikki.

Nathan and I haven't talked much the whole car ride here and I'm starting to wonder if he's mad at me for ditching him last night.

"Are you mad or something?" I turn to face him.

"No, why would I be mad?" He asks with little emotion.

"You know," I say, but he raises his eyebrow in question. "Because I kind of cockblocked you last night."

Realization crosses his face as he stares at me.

"I'm not mad about that. I'm a little sexually frustrated," he smiles slightly. "But I'm not mad. I could never be mad at you for something like that."

I release the breath I didn't know that I was holding and stand on my tip-toes, pressing a kiss to his soft lips.

"Thank goodness," I whisper against his mouth and he places his hands on my hips to press me closer to him.

"Be careful!" I hear Jackson yell and break away from Nathan to look his way.

The first thing I notice is Nikki's nose, which is kind of rude, but it is completely swollen and purple.

I gasp unconsciously when she gets closer making her roll her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I analyze her nose, but that's not even what I'm asking about.

I want to know if she's okay because Colten did this to her.

"Yes, I'm fine, but I have to tell you something-" I narrow my eyes before she can finish the sentence.

Adam Donaldson strolls along and puts his arm around Nikki's waist. I scowl so hard I'm sure my face will stay this way.

"Your nose looks better," Adam attempts a smile. I can easily see through his little lie. Nikki doesn't, she laughs at his efforts and he leans down to peck the tip of her nose.

What. The. Actual. Fuck.

"Let's go," he tugs on her hands, eyeing me nervously while she follows him into the school.

She doesn't look back at me, she doesn't eye me apologetically and she doesn't say goodbye.

"What the hell!" I screech once she's out of my sight.

I look at Nathan and he has the same dumbfounded expression on his face. That may be his best friend and cousin but he doesn't even know what just happened.

"I don't-"

"How could she forgive him after what he did?" I question angrily at him.

He shakes his head and pulls me in for a hug.

I hadn't noticed how upset I am until angry tears blur my vision.

"After all he put her through," I whisper into his chest.

"I know, shh," he massages the back of my head.

I'm so angry at her, and so disappointed. She's my best friend and I was there for her after everything. No one knew about it besides the four of us and I helped her through it. I kept her secret from her brother. And now she does this!

I let Nathan walk me to class, I let him kiss my lips before I head in, but all the while I don't feel anything.

My favorite class doesn't even cheer me up like I thought and when it's time to go to Health I nearly consider skipping. I'm angry at my best friend and her brother is in this class, who knows what'll come out.

"Hey, Joshie," Jackson giddily greets me and sits in his seat.

"Honestly, not in the mood," I snap at him, letting my attention stay on my phone.

"Why?" He tries to act concerned, but Jackson is never serious unless it has to do with his sister.

"I'm just not," I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I'm seconds away from just spilling all of Nikki's secrets since I'm so mad, but I can't do that.

"Maybe I can help with that," he whispers closely to my ear.

I turn around and push him away.

"Never come that close to me again," I snarl and don't speak to him the rest of the hour despite his attempts to get me to talk.

•••

"Brittni!"

Just keep walking.

"Brittni!" She calls out again. "Look, I'm sorry you had to find out that way."

I don't want to answer, I want to show her just how opposed to her decision I am, but I can help the question that forms on my tongue.

"Why?" I ask, no emotion detected in my voice.

"Because," she takes a deep breath and smile. "The heart wants why it wants."

I've said those words myself a few times, but I don't believe she loves him, I really don't. They haven't known each other that long, she just thinks she loves him.

"I'm sorry," I sigh and she hugs me. I can't stop her from making this decision and I won't. She'll find out he's up to no good eventually.

"Girls! This isn't a hug fest! Get to work!" I smile at Nikki one last time before heading to the front where I lead the team in stretches.

We practice some cheers for the upcoming football game and at break I grab my water and sit on the grass by myself while Nikki goes to watch the football team practice.

"Hey, Joshie." I turn my head and squint from the sun to see Colten standing over me with a football in his hand.

"What do you want?" I scoff.

"Do you like this Adam guy that Nikki is seeing?" He asks, a mischievous smile on his face.

"Why are you asking?" I try to suppress the grin as Colten juggles the football in his hand.

"Well, she's currently talking to him and with my amazing aiming skills I could do you a favor," he explains and I look over at Nikki laughing with Adam.

"You're going to do this for me?" He nods. "Not yourself?"

"No," he shakes his head. "So do you like him or not?"

"No I don't," I grin when he gets the ball ready to throw. "I don't know how good a idea this is."

"It'll be fine," he bites his lip while trying to find the right place to throw.

I look around and don't miss the death stare Jackson is giving Colten. Is it about me? Of course not. He probably knows that Colten is throwing the ball at Adam. Right?

When the ball is released from his fingers I watch in awe as it sores through the air and hits Adam directly in the back of the head making him stumble forward.

I screech with laughter and Colten even chuckles himself before pressing a finger to his lips to silence me and jogs over to a scowling Adam.

This was probably the best part of my day.

Lord knows I won't have anymore good ones.
_____________________
Hey fam!!! How are you all doing? Sorry it took so long but I had to keep going back to RWMBBF and getting details so yeah.

What do you think? Do you think Nathan is sweet? What about Jackson and Brittni relationship? Colten and Brittni?

Don't be a silent reader!!

Enjoy. Love you all <3

Like and comment :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 21.2K 55
I don't know how I survived it all, how I didn't break from everything, but then again, maybe I did. Colten Mathews, a senior playboy with a mad tra...
60.6K 992 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
126K 5.1K 60
*COMPLETED* *EDITING ON PROCESS* "can you not be so horny for godsakes! I'm your bestfriend... remember?" I said throwing a fit, obviously panicking...
24.3K 658 21
bxb "do you want me to stop?" Leo says, making my entire body shake. I try and make some words come out of my mouth but nothing's happening. My breat...