Beauty In A Breakdown [GXG] [...

By AmyliasOcean

When her parents send her away her final year of school, Kyla begins to grow out of her shell. A girl that wa... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Sneak Peak
Chapter Nine

Chapter Three

11.2K 292 53
By AmyliasOcean

Kyla's POV:

'I am such an idiot!' I screamed in my head as I skidded down a hallway, hoping that one of the staff members weren't around. Thankfully for me, they weren't but at the same time that might be my problem. See - to put this as simple as I can - I'm lost. 

I sighed and leaned up against the wall, taking another glance at the map they offered us. This thing was more confusing than anything I've ever tried to comprehend. Glancing from left to right at the end of this corridor, I took a leap of faith and went left.

My anxiety eased slightly when I finally arrived to my first class. The teacher - Ms. Moon - wasn't really pleased with me, offering me the glare from the gods of wraith or something. I felt smaller than a five year old.

 "Why are you late?" She asked in annoyance which caused the entire class to look at me. She had her arms behind her back as she sized me up. I swallowed the lump in my throat while taking a chance glance up towards the much taller woman.

"I'm sorry, I guess I was lost for a while. It's rather-" I didn't even get a chance to defend myself. I heard a loud smack slam against her desk, making my flinch. Cracking an eye open, I could see she was tapping a presentation stick against her desk with a twitch on her face.

"I will not tolerate excuses. If you're late one more time, then you're out of my class, is that understood?" She more instructed than asked. I nodded quickly before grabbing the free seat that was in the back. I sighed as I placed my binder on the desktop. I have a strong feeling that I'm just going to hate it here.

---

The rest of my day wasn't all that better.

Joey was bugging me in my one class with her - art history - and of course I got some shit from my good old roommate; Yay. But as my last class was coming around the corner, I couldn't be any happier.

I walked down the hall with my violin case in hand. My last class was advance music; I'll not just be learning about my own instrument, but piano, guitar, sax, and much more. I was highly excited when I heard about it from a couple of girls in my previous class. My guess was that they were going to be in there as well. But, what mainly caught my attention was the fact that they were talking about Piper which probably wasn't out of the norm here but I guess it was the topic that had me amused.

"Can you believe she's come back?" One of the girls in front of me said as I pulled out my notebook.

"I know right? This is unbelievable! I haven't seen Alexandra since she did a concert here the day before she left for Julliard! I still can't believe she's related to that bitch Piper though." My head perked up at that last comment.

"They do kinda look alike. Besides, her sister is probably just jealous because she hasn't been a musical prodigy like Alex. I'm still shocked that Alexandra is planning on teaching her Advance class all the instruments though! That's going to be intense."

"Ya think? I'm still shocked that she even knows how to play them all! But that's what happens when you go to Julliard at the age of fifteen huh? And let's not forget all the first chairs she's played as well."

"Yeah well I'm even more shocked that she was the one that even asked to teach here!" The two of them giggled as the teacher hushed everyone.

I was nervous to meet this so called musical prodigy. No way would Julliard seriously take on such a young student? Could someone so amazing seriously be related to that bitch of a roommate of mine anyway? I sighed as I thought about Piper. Thinking about her just instantly ruined my mood.

As I made it to the music hall, I smiled as I heard the sound of music filling the hallway. Don't mistake that for the movie though, I actually mean like instruments. I walked into the open door that was meant to be the advance music class and saw the two girls from before sitting at the front with their music notes already on a stand and their instruments of choice by them. I could hear someone playing the piano that stood proudly at the front of the class, though I couldn't see who it was. I took a seat in the back, definitely not wanting to be noticed by anyone. As I pulled out my music book though, I should have seriously thought about dropping out of the class when I heard someone clear their throat. I looked up for a moment, noted that whoever was playing the piano had stopped, but then noticed an all too familiar girl leaning against the piano itself. 'Oh, come on!' I screamed in my head as I leaned against my chair in annoyance.

 "So, you're in this class as well, eh?" Piper asked in an all too cocky tone.

 "Maybe not for long." I said as I slumped in my chair. I heard her laugh as the room filled even more. I looked around, seeing if anyone was in my previous classes. I watched as Piper strolled on over to my area. 'Kill me...' "Can you just leave me alone, Piper?"" I whispered so that only she could hear. She raised a brow to me with a smirk on her face. 'I hate my life...'

"What are you doing?" I heard an all too familiar voice say behind her. I watched as Piper's eyes close in annoyance as she turned around to greet the woman. I looked around the annoying girl's frame and couldn't be even more surprised to see who the woman was. There stood that girl that I met in the garden the other night!

 "So I guess the rumor was true after all, huh Alex?" Piper said as she crossed her arms. Alex was about to say something when she noticed that I was sitting behind her sister. Alex moved Piper out of the way, earning a scoff as she turned on me. Alex walked closer with a smile on her face as she looked down at me. I blushed as I waved to her.

"I was hoping you'd be in this class. It's good to see you again, Kyla." Alex said as she smiled. I smiled back as I nodded slowly. Alex looked back at her sister the same smile.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Piper said with an annoyed look towards me.

"Calm down and we'll talk about this after class, for now just go take a seat." Alex said as she walked over to the group of girls who seemed to be losing their minds at seeing her. I looked back to Piper that had a look that basically screamed 'How the fuck do you know my sister?!' I chewed on the inside of my cheek as I averted my eyes, noticing that she stomped her foot on the floor as she moved to the corner seat far across the room. I smiled as I tapped my pencil along the edge of my music stand. I watched as Alex, the amazing and extremely talented woman, laugh with her ex schoolmates. But I couldn't help the feeling that a very pissed off girl from across the room was... well glaring at me. I ran a hand through my hair as I took a glance over to her. This of course was a horrible mistake because the minute my eyes laid on hers I received a lovely look of hatred and the bird. I sighed as I moved my eyes back to her older sister, who was also staring at me too. However.... The look she was giving me as she listened to the silly girls asking bunches of questions, well I couldn't really figure it out, but I was most definitely giving me butterflies.

Class was both awkward and well... amazing. Alex started the class off by playing a piece that she had written on the piano. It last probably a good five minutes and I was in awe from the whole duration of the beautifully composed song. However, the whole awkward feelings that I felt throughout class were caused by the grumpy bitch named Piper. The whole time, I knew she was throwing me death stares, why I don't even know. Why doesn't she like her sister? She seemed amazing to me! I couldn't wait to do the homework assignment either. Which is odd.... because I hated homework.

However... all good things must come to an end sadly.  The class only last an hour, which seemed too short to me, but hey whatever. Alex laughed with some of her students/ex schoolmates as I packed up my bag. I actually caught her eyes on me a few times as she conversed with the students once again.  Going against my better judgment though, I just decided to head out, not wanting to seem like all I wanted to do was be around her, which is exactly how I really felt. I eased my way out of the music class though and was about to head down the hall when I felt myself leaning up against the wall just outside the classroom. I had to talk to her, and I wasn't really sure why or what I was even going to say. I waited a few minutes though, watching as the girls from the class started to leave in small herds, smiles on their faces as they talked about the amazing new teacher. Once I thought everyone was clear of the room, started to re-enter, only to stop and stare at the scene displayed.

"Seriously? Why would you take her offer?" I heard Piper's voice. I stood at the doorway as I watched the two apparent siblings talk. The Julliard girl scrunched up her delicate nose as she leaned against the head podium. Piper stood with her hand on her hip and her other pressed against her sister collarbone all too roughly. "Was traveling with the New York City Orchestra not good enough for you? Was Winning so many god damn world tour awards not good enough?" Piper screamed as she shoved at Alexandra's shoulder. The older of the two closed her eyes for a moment as she reopened them, looking down at the shorter of the two. "Why did you have to come back and take everything from me...?"

"That's not my goal, Pipe. You should know me better than that. I'm not here to steal the glory from you. I just simply wanted a break from everything and to give something back to the place that it all started. That's all I wanted. Aren't you even in the least bit happy to see me after five years of being away...?" Alexandra asked as she went to give Piper a hug. Piper backed away though as she turned away. I was met with deadly eyes now. Piper stood frozen, her sister now looking in my direction with a slight frown. I moved quickly out of the line of view, hiding behind the pillar as I let out a breath of air I didn't realize I was holding.

"Whatever." I heard Piper say. "Just stay the fuck out of my way, got it?" I heard her say with much hatred. I looked over to see Piper walking out of the classroom door, a glare pointed directly at me. "You can fuck off too." She spat out as she stormed off. I sighed as I looked at my shoes. 'Why am I always on bad terms with that girl?'

"So, you were listening?" I heard a calm and collected voice ask behind me. I turned my head to look over my shoulder to see the eloquent musician holding her violin case against her chest as she stared after her now long gone sister. I turned around with a bashful and lost smile.

"I didn't mean to... I just... I wanted.... I'm sorry." I stuttered out. I looked up at her as she smiled down at me.

"It's alright. She overreacted, don't you think?" She asked as she shut and locked the door behind herself. I watched as she turned around to look at me with a smile.

"I guess..." I said as we stood there with an awkward silence now. I looked elsewhere as I chewed on my cheek. I wanted to talk to her, but now I stand here with not a fucking thing to say now. How pathetic... I sighed in my own head as I finally got the courage to look back up at her. She had a warm smile on her lips as she flicked her bangs back. She motioned for me to follow her as she headed the opposite direction that her sister went.  I walked in step with her as we still yet to speak once more.

"You're shy, aren't you?" She asked after a few silent minutes that we spent together. I bit my bottom lip in annoyance that she noticed.

"Is it that obvious?" I asked back. She let out a small laugh as we headed outside now.

"You could say that, but there's nothing wrong with it. I use to be extremely shy when I was your age. Which I'm guessing is... seventeen, right?" I stopped as I stared at her. She turned around with a toothy grin.

"How did you know that?" I asked in interest. She took a seat next to a tall oak tree, patting the ground next to her. I was indecisive for a moment, but got over it as I took the invitation.

"Well, considering I have your student profile on my roll sheet, that might be a clue." I laughed at my own stupidity. "So, you like art?" She asked out of nowhere. I looked at her as if she was a psychic, but she smiled as she pointed to my book-bag. "You have an art history book." I followed her eyes to see my bag's flap was open.

"Oh... well yeah I suppose I do. Do you too?" I asked to keep the conversation going. She leaned her head against the tree as she took a deep breath.

"I love art, but I hate history. I get way too bored reading about dead people." She said as she ran a hand through her bangs.

"Well, I know how you feel then." I laughed. We sat there in another silence though. It probably didn't help that I'm definitely not the most conversational person in the world...

"You can ask if you want, you know." She said out of the blue again. I brought my knees to my chest as I placed my case next to me. 'How can she read me so easy?' "Because you're basically an open book." I looked up at her quickly with a shocked expression. She laughed as she nudged me with her shoulder. "Relaxed, I just know that you have questions that you want to ask me."

"Oh... ahah." I said as shrugged my shoulder lightly. "Uhm... so is she really your sister?" I asked finally.

"Piper? Yeah, but we obviously don't really get along like we should huh?" I just shook my head no, telling her I was listening. "The relationship between her and I is complicated though. But then again, she's just being Piper; a spoiled teenager." She said with a fake smile as she looked at the grass between her feet. I looked at her for a moment before I watched people walking by, waving at Alexandra.

"Does it bother you? When people just..." I started but broke off, not really wanting to intrude in her personal life than I already have. I felt like a creep, I only have known her for barely two whole hours. She rolled her neck back slightly as she exposed sunlight to her pale skin.

"Mm... sometimes. I'm a quite person, and I like my alone time I suppose. Most the time I just go along with it. It's not like I'm celebrity though. I'd pretty much hang myself if I was though." She let out a laugh. "But yeah, privacy is pretty important to me as well."

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't know you were a teacher here. I feel like a disrespectful jerk..." I said as I remembered walking into her alone time the other night.

"Oh, I didn't mind. You play very well by the way. You could probably attend Julliard." She said as she looked down at me, a piece of long grass between her slender fingers as she picked at it. I blushed at such an amazing compliment.

"I doubt I'm that good, you're probably just being nice to me because I'm a dork and new here. Thank you though, it totally made my day that much better. Now I won't want to go kill myself when I see piper when I get back to the dorm..." I shivered at that thought. I heard a lovely laugh as I looked back to Alexandra, the one laughing as she rubbed her head.

"Oh man... you're rooming with her? I'm so sorry..." She smirked at me. I felt myself get hot as I watched her grin. I shook my head as I offered a pathetic smile.

"Yeah.... She was the one I was talking about being a bitch to me the other night."

"Want some advice with her?" She asked as she turned completely towards me, giving me her undivided attention. "Ignore her."

"Won't that piss her off that much more?" I asked In confusion.

"Probably, but she thrives off reactions... so... if you don't give her one, then she'll get bored and leave you alone. Try it tonight." She said as she stood up. "I'm going to have to cut this short though, I have a first day meeting to attend to." She said as she helped me up, picking her case up as well as mine and handing it to me. "It was nice talking to you though, we should do it some other time. You're not as boring as you think are." She smiled as gave me an unexpected hug. I froze, being an idiot and not responding to it.  She pulled away with a genuine smile on her face though. "Catch ya later." She said with a simple wave of her hand.

"Bye!" I yelled after her. I felt myself smiling at the completely random conversation I just had with her. But... as I walked back to my dorm room, something finally hit me with realization.... A musical prodigy said I was good! And she hugged me! I felt my face catch fire as I smiled at that thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 6K 82
(I UNDERSTAND THIS BOOK HAS MISTAKES, I WILL TRY TO FIX AS MANY AS I CAN!! I ALSO KNOW I WROTE IN LOWERCASE, I DID IT BECAUSE THATS MY COMFORTABLE WR...
645K 15.1K 12
Victoria, a high school ice queen known for her firm hatred in nerds, geeks and losers alike, finds herself falling for a new girl named Lily. A nerd...
343K 9.1K 19
Leila: The perfect boyfriend, the perfect life. But is her life really as great as it seems? And then to top it all off, she meets the new girl May...
1.3M 23.4K 33
When Dana Thomas's parents get divorced, and her aunt and uncle pass away, her mother decides it's time for a change - just in time for senior year o...