His Last Joke (Sequel to His...

Af DCfreakxox

Previously after Eva getting involved in pursuing a certain jewel with The Joker and The Riddler. Evangeline... Mere

Blank
Home?
I'm Back!
Patient 0801
Therapy Begins
Back Story ?!
I Know You
Glass Slides and Love Bugs
Dinners and Skype Calls
Concrete.
Home?
Settling Back
Just Like Me!
History Repeats Itself
8:30-ish
Behind The Cowl
Is This Goodbye?
Take Me To Him
Here Comes Natalie
Wayne Manor
Fake Blondes
Hot Dogs and Chess?
Alone
Falling Back
Black Out
Miss me?
Founder's island
Package Delivery
Breaking The Bat
Titan
The Power's Call
Merry Christmas
Batman To The Rescue
Put Batsie On Speed Dial
The Bat Has To Die
Daughter of The Demon
The Demon Trials
The Grand Finale
Author's Note

Test Results

2.6K 115 17
Af DCfreakxox

~ Chapter 32 ~

  I was sitting in my room trying to calm myself down and trying to exclude all the horrible scenarios playing out in my head, until I see an actual test result. It had been 2 hours since I had sent the goons out and I don't know what's taking those brutes so fucking long. It isn't rocket science. All they have to do is grab the equipment I asked for, how hard could that be?!

A soft knock on my half closed door then pulled me out of my thoughts. Jack's figure then appeared as he gently pushed the door opened with the palms of his fingers. I looked up at him and he opened his mouth to say something as he pointed with his thumb over his shoulder. I got what he was trying to say as I got up and rushed past him out the door frame and down the stairs, leaving him standing there before he could begin his sentence. As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I turned around and saw the equipment I asked for laid out on the kitchen island.

I walked over to it and looked back waiting for a taken back Jack that was slowly following behind. He then made his way over and sat on the bar like chair next to the island. After that I turned my attention to the equipment as I picked up the syringe and opened it's packet. After that I began to attach the needle as Jack sat quietly next to me, watching my every move. It's at times like these where I would pay anything and everything to just have a hint at what could be going on inside his head. I put down the syringe on it's packet and went to grab a little bottle of perfume I had kept in my purse and something to pressure his vein with. 

As I came back, Jack's eyes were still following me. I then grabbed some tissue and sprayed them with my perfume a few times before turning my body towards Jack. Afterwards, I grabbed his left arm which was nearest to me and began to wipe the inside of his elbow with the perfume. As I pulled the tissue away I found more spots like the ones that filled his upper torso and the tissue was again filled with foundation. I stared at it for a few seconds feeling my heart sink and eyes water as Jack tensed up before I scoffed. It had even spread down to his arms. I grimaced at the thought. Was he covering his entire body?! I grabbed the belt I had gotten from our room and tightened it above the spot I cleansed. Afterwards I grabbed the syringe and started taking a sample of his blood as he stayed still. When I was done contracting the amount I needed, I started emptying it in the test tube and left a bit for the microscope slide. I realised that his blood was a lot darker than normal, probably because of the Titan. I then fitted the test tube in the analyser before turning my attention to the microscope slide.

"You can go now." I swallowed the bitterness in my tone as I leaned over the microscope. 

However, Jack stayed in his place, blinking at my words, not seeming to comprehend the fact that they were directed at him.

"I'll call you over once I'm done." I said before placing my eyes on the eyes lens.

At first I wasn't watching his cells because I was focusing on his presence around me and whether or not he was going to get up. He had stayed for a few seconds before I heard him get off the chair and go up the stairs. After I heard the door of our room close, I let out a breath that was weighing my chest down. After that I turned my attention towards his cells as I adjusted the focus knobs and zoomed in the nose. I watched as I recognised the white blood cells or lack there of. There was a drug cell like agent which I guessed was the Titan which was slowly moving towards the few white blood cells. After that I watched as it closed in on them, shrivelled them off, and killed the cells. I suddenly felt my heart racing as I waited for the blood analyser to finish spinning. 

I tried to calm myself down but my heart was pound and sweat was forming on my forehead. I felt like something was pulling my lungs down. The sound of the blood analyser spinning the test tube made my heart beat faster and faster. The rest of the hour went by as torture as I finally went over to turn off the analyser and check the results. After examining them for a while I felt light headed, like all the blood had left my head and everything was a blur. I called Jack from downstairs and he appeared shortly afterwards and stood right in front of me.

For a few seconds I couldn't speak, then the words stuttered out of me like the clinks of a riffle. I blinked a few times at first and tried to wipe my sweaty forehead on my arm. I searched for the words in my head which was crowded with thoughts. 

"Your blood." I said but I realised that I wasn't audible to him and that I was murmuring.

After a moment, I took a deep breath and started again with a higher voice.

"The Titan is attacking your white blood cells. It isn't compatible with your blood. It denatures the white cells and kills them off. It's also raising the solubility of your blood. So, with your decreasing number of white blood cells, which is bringing your immunity down, I'm guessing you caught a cold and the high solubility of your blood is causing you to cough up blood along with your coughing." I said and I didn't realise that my voice was shaking. Scratch that, all of me was shaking.

After I was done explaining I couldn't meet his eyes. I needed some air or else I was going to suffocate. A 'sorry' got caught up in my heavy breathing as I made my way towards the door and down the stairs.  After that, I stood into the clearing between the house and some trees near my plants. I looked around and I wanted to scream but nothing was coming out. I wanted to cry but that wasn't working either. I felt rage burning a hole inside of me. Pure rage and nothing else. I wanted to rip my hair out or punch someone then in a blur of white I kicked my plant pots, one after the other. The last one broke at the impact it made with my foot as I grunted. I stared at the unrooted plants and seedlings that laid helpless on the ground and I let out a huff. Then suddenly, I felt the weight of what was going on and I felt lost.

I needed to find a way to help him but what was there to do? I don't think anyone has ever experienced, let alone seen, anything like this. There must be something I can do. I racked my brain to try and break down all the things I could do but it seemed like the only people who'd have answers were the ones who made the Titan in the first place ,and there was no reaching them. I grunted again. This is above my intellectual level. 

Then afterwards something clicked as I thought of Riddler. Yes! Edward! He'll know what to do! I rushed up the stairs and to the front door then up to my room going past Jack who was sitting on the bar chair. I began rummaging through my work purse until I found this code he'd given me in order to dial him. Then I grabbed the telephone and pressed the 4 digit code and waited. It was about 10 seconds until I heard a voice. 

"Well, won't you look who finally decides to call!" He boomed and a part of me regretted that I couldn't return his enthusiasm. 

"Ed..H-how have you been? Listen I need your help." I spoke.

"Just dandy. So you only call because you need something." He joked then started tutting.

He then started chuckling for a bit and I stayed silent until his laughing dialled out.

"Wow I guess this is serious." He cleared his throat.

"It's Joker..He tried this drug these people proposed to him and it was supposed to have a Bane like effect but it hasn't and it isn't going too well with his blood..It's attacking his white blood cells and disfiguring his skin, he's coughing up blood as well and I don't know h-how long.." My voice cracked.

"Listen Nygma, you need to help us. Please..for me?" I pleaded quietly. 

He then stayed silent for a few moments before replying.

"I-Eva..I wish I could but I have to be in his presence, I have to run test, and I don't know if I can help with something so..different. I might worsen his case and besides, I hate to bail on you here Eva but..I have a lot on my plate right now and it isn't safe if I come out. I have big plans and-" He spoke then I cut him off.

"What do you mean?! I'll bring him to you! You have to help me, Edward. You can't just leave me like this. I don't know what to do! I can't see him like this, Nygma." I spoke.

"Eva, you can't come to my place it's too dangerous. Besides, my side of town is on lock down. There's no way you'll come through. The bridges are up and it's way too dangerous for you to be here." He repeated.

"No Edward! You can't leave me like this okay! You can't leave him like this! Please tell me you'll help! Work on an antidote and send it over to me! You've gotta do something! " I begged.

"I can't. I told you I'm too busy. This will take way too long, Eva and in the end we might not get at anything." He replied calmly.

"Well, we would've at least tried! I have to come over, Ed. You need to help him!" 

"Listen to me, Eva. It is way too dangerous to have the both of you here and with Joker in his state, with all the people  that would want a piece of him, and the GCPD, it's suicide. And if it's as bad as you're telling me then he might not even make the trip here." He said bluntly.

"NO YOU LISTEN TO ME NYGMA! I DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THE GCPD OR THE THUGS OR THE BRIDGES OR ANY OF IT OKAY?! I DON'T WANNA LISTEN TO ANY OF THIS CRAP YOU'RE GIVING ME BECAUSE I NEED YOU TO BE HERE BECAUSE I NEED YOU TO HELP US RIGHT NOW!" I finally burst.

"Eva, I wish I could help. I'm sorry." Was all he said before the line cut off.

I then let out a big grunt as I threw the phone against the closet. I took a deep breath afterwards and went downstairs. As I appeared at the bottom of the stairs, Jack stood up from the same chair I had left him on and looked at me with caring eyes. I then finally brought my eyes up to his before looking down at my hands that were shaking involuntarily and I felt my lips start to quiver at the sight. I felt like I was about to crumble and so I walked over to Jack and wrapped my arms around him, finally releasing my sobs. No matter how angry I was or how suffocated I felt, there was nothing more that I needed right now than for him to hold me as I finally broke apart. 

I let the tears stream on his chest as I shook in his arms. I felt him flinch a couple of time from the sounds that were coming out of my sobbing but I couldn't help it. He gently had one arm on my shoulder and the other holding my head as I finally let it all escape me. 

--------------------------------

Hiya guys!!!!

SO...IM BAAAACK!

NO MORE EXAMS AND IM ALL YOURS!

There will be another update coming your way today.

I really hope you liked this one because I feel like I did a crappy job for some reason.

I also happened to just realise that this is my longest chapter yet.

It is double the amount of words my normal chapters have so you can count this as a double but don't worry I won't scam you and skip the second.

I will be double updating today and maybe double updating tomorrow.

But if my social life is at risk (which it is, especially after 2 weeks of exams) I will be only updating with 1 chapter tomorrow x

Anyway! I hope you guys liked this one!

Don't forget to comment your thoughts and vote!

I hope you're all having a great day!

Much love xxx

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

Bygones Af KRgirl1

Fan Fiktion

392 15 19
After being released from Arkham, all Harley wants to do is start over--- rebuild her life. But will that be allowed to happen in Gotham with the sha...
9.6K 276 25
harleen has lived in Gotham her whole life, and now that she's in highschool, everything feels different.... even her feelings for her best friend ar...
494K 15.4K 40
Evangeline Striker. 25 years old. Has a PHD in psychology, and is a current Dr. at the Arkham Asylum. What happens when a past patient is back? Will...
204K 2K 14
You're a villain of Batman hiding out from the police in Ace Chemicals. You soon meet a woman in a jester costume. She seems pretty cute. What'll hap...