Million Dollar Man

By something_hopeless

Gangs. That was the one thing that had ruined Evelyn Summers life since the start. With her brother being the... More

Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty

Chapter One

1.9M 29.7K 41.5K
By something_hopeless

Hi everyone .x

I'd like to say a quick thank you to all who decided to read this! I really hope you enjoy the story, and read it till the end.

WARNING: This story contains violence, sexual content, and occasionally strong language.

+++++

Chapter One

The music was absolutely deafening, practically shaking the club as the DJ continuously turned the volume higher and higher.

Sweaty bodies were pressed up against mine, and the smell of alcohol and sweat was thick in the air. The flashing lights were nearly blinding, but these were all things I was used to.

Don't screw up.

Danny's voice reminder rang through my head, making me scoff and roll my eyes. I had been doing this since I was fifteen, and the job always gets done no matter what. At the age of seventeen, I was most likely the most feared girl in London.

Looking around the bar, I gave a short nod to Nate who was handing out drinks, and quickly let my eyes flicker towards the VIP section, which was shielded by a tinted, bulletproof glass.

My eyes met Nate's once again, and he jerked his head to the left, his face hard and stony. I casually turned my head to the left, immediately spotting my next victim. He stood out, with his ratty suit and loose tie.

Poor guy, I thought to myself, his day is about to get a whole lot worse.

He ran his hand through his greasy, lifeless hair, and he finally began looking around.

Wait for it, wait for- now.

Our eyes connected and I let a devious expression cross my face. Standing up, I made my way over to him, making sure to stumble and trip here and there, knowing perfectly well he would be happy to see a drunk girl coming his way.

Once I reached him, he wasted no time with wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me closer.

"You okay, love? Looks like you've had too much to drink." His voice was croaky, and sounded as if someone had stepped on his throat a couple times. Hiding my look of disgust, I plastered a fake smile on my face and batted my eyelashes.

Showtime.

"Who? Me?" I giggled and placed my hand on his chest, leaning into him. He grinned, giving me a full few of his rotten teeth.

"You know love, I've had a pretty bad day today, but I have a feeling that it's about to get a whole lot better."

Oh, the irony.

"Oh really?" I breathed out, making my eyes wide and pouting my lips slightly.

"Yeah really," he said, pulling my body into his. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Nate nearing us, placing a drink in front of a flirty blonde.

"Care for a dance?" The man asked me, holding onto me tightly as if he wasn't going to let me say no.

"Oh, I don't know," I giggled, softly pushing away, "I'm about as spontaneous as a sponge... Dancing isn't really my thing." I heard Nate let out a loud laugh at that, quickly covering it up with a cough. I hid my smirk as I gazed up at the man with innocent eyes.

"Somehow," he growled out, looking over my body, "I find that hard to believe."

Knowing that Danny would probably want this job to have been over with quickly, I knew I had to speed this up and get it over with.

"Why don't we take this somewhere else?" I offered, leaning up so that my lips were just under his ear. His body stiffened and I felt his heart rate increase dramatically under my hand. Pulling away, I looked at his shocked expression, admiring the way he gaped at me in surprise.

"You must be awfully drunk," he whispered, but that didn't go unnoticed by me. I held in my smirk as I cocked my head to the side.

"What?" I feigned confusion.

"Oh! N-Nothing!" He stammered, "Yeah, let's get out of here." He lowered his voice in a pathetic attempt to sound dark and seductive, but in fact he just managed to disgust me to no end.

He moved away from the bar, his arm tightening around me as other men leered my way.

For the past two years that I've been doing this, I've learned many things, one of them being; men are like vultures, they will prey upon your poor, defenseless body, and attack when your most vulnerable.

The man with his arm around my waist began leading me to the main exit, and instantly I stopped him.

"No, this way," I murmured, moving towards the back door across the club. Confusion flashed through his eyes, and he looked like he was about to stop me, but thankfully decided against it. As we pushed through the crowded area I looked back into the VIP section and ran my hand through my hair, giving them my signal. Turning my head once more, I gave Nate a sharp nod and he pulled his phone out.

The man held open the door for me, and kept a firm hold on my as he lead me out of the raging club. I flinched as the icy wind whipped around my small frame, and found myself cursing the poor excuse of a dress I had decided to wear.

"How about we go to my place?" He offered after shutting the door. It was then that I was finally able to see the man in better light. Although the streetlight that was in the alley didn't provide much, I was now able to see how old this man really looked, and how utterly repulsing he was.

But it was only then that I noticed something that was on his hand, well, his finger to be exact.

You guessed it.

This sick bastard was married.

Let me tell you a little something about myself, I act impulsively. I rarely think- I almost only always act. Which pretty much explains why I ended up doing what I did.

My bambi look vanished and I let my anger take over, using the element of surprise to my advantage as I lunged at the man knocking him into the wall behind me. A shocked yelp escaped him and before he realized what was happening, I punched him straight in the nose.

The sound of the crunching bone filled my ears and I released him, only to watch him collapse onto the ground, clutching his face. The sound of nearing footsteps didn't faze me.

"Does your wife know about your drug addiction?" I snarled out, my voice venomous. His eyes widened and he looked up at me in horror.

"Evelyn Summers, don't you dare." The sound of my brother's deep, authoritative voice echoed in the alleyway, forcing me to stop my foot just as it was about to crush into the man's chest.

I felt a hand wrap around me and roughly pull me away from the weak pile of shit that was at my feet.

"Y-You're Evelyn-" The man gasped out, leaning against the wall for support.

"Evie, actually," I cut him off with a wave of my hand after breaking away from Will, my brother's right hand man.

"We gave you a warning," my brother finally spoke, moving forward towards the man on the ground after giving me a harsh glare. Shrugging, I watched as the man gulped in fear, one hand supporting him on the ground, while the other held onto his bleeding nose.

"P-Please, D-Danny, I will h-have the-" He screamed out in pain when my brother's foot connected with his chest. A sickening, choking sound followed as the man struggled to breathe.

"Funny, because I could have sworn you said that last time." My brother snapped, before turning to look at Will.

"That's exactly what he said last time," Will said, with an almost pitying look crossing his face while he watched the man splutter and gasp.

I knew what was going to happen next. As if on queue, the man's eyes desperately found mine.

"Help me, please." His broken whisper didn't break the cold exterior I was trained to have. Instead, I scowled and turned my attention to Danny.

"Make it quick." Turning around, I began walking down the alleyway, a path I knew all too well.

"Never one to stick by for the real stuff, huh?" Will's voice taunted me, but it was true.

As I rounded the corner, I heard the ignored pleas of the begging man. The faint screams of pain, followed by sound of something that tore through my heart.

The sound of the gunshot rang through my ears while I walked down the cold, empty street.

The silence that came afterwards always made me sick. Pressing a hand to my trembling lips, I held in the whimpers that I so badly wanted to let loose. Once I thought I was far enough, I leaned against a lamppost, and allowed my body to sink to the ground.

Squeezing my eyes shut, I tried to block out the image of the man begging me for help. I tried to not think about how his family would feel, to wake up the next day and find out that he is dead.

I tried to focus on the way he grabbed at me. The way his eyes lit up at the sight of my drunken state. I thought about the way he had been constantly getting drugs left and right, without ever paying.

He was a bad person, Evie you know that.

He deserved it.

"He deserved it." I whispered, my body shaking as I finally managed to stand back up.

By now, my platform heels were bringing my feet an unbelievable amount of pain, but it was one that I was used to.

The revealing outfits, the high heels, and luring men to their deaths, that's what I grew up doing. This is what I know; it's the life I live.

But it wasn't something I chose. No, I didn't decide that I wanted this.

I was born into this.

Growing up in a gang was far from easy, especially when it's one of the most feared gangs in London. The lifestyle was far from something I wanted, but I had to adapt.

Now, I'm not some weak girl, who can't handle blood and gore like Will constantly teases me about. But I can never find it in myself to watch the people get shot, to watch their life end. No, no, I can only go as far as to bring them outside, rough them up a bit, then walk away like nothing happened.

Being a part of 'London's Eyes' my whole life, I only started working when I turned fifteen. At the age of seventeen, I am still the baiter of the gang, so I really wasn't kidding when I said that I lure men out to their deaths.

There was only one gang that was above us in rankings. It was run by a man who should still be considered a boy, if not for the fact that he truly was the most feared man in London. His gang was known for being extremely violent and merciless, and for basically running London.

They were known as the 'Kings'.

I shook my head to rid myself of thought of them, almost as if one of the Kings would pop out at me just because I was thinking about the gang.

Evie, focus, get home now.

My legs were shaking as I continued to walk through the empty, dimly lit streets. I knew that I looked like your cliché about to be attacked kind of girl, the one you would find dead in a trash bin the next day, with my makeup smeared and my trashy outfit completing the whole look.

Letting out an annoyed sigh, I pulled off my heels and began walking barefoot. I knew how to get home using the back streets of London, ones that were strategically picked so that I would rarely run into anyone.

Which was something that never happened, until tonight.

The sound of a passing car caught my attention, and the gleam of the headlights coming from behind me told me that it was coming closer and closer by the second. Brushing it off as just a family returning from a trip of some sort, I didn't think anything of it.

"Hey, babe, how much do you charge?" Any normal girl would have frozen over with fear and take off sprinting in hopes to escape.

Only, I'm not any normal girl.

"What the fuck did you just say?" An enraged look washed over my features and I whipped around in anger. A frown replaced my murderous look, as I saw my brother's car, with Nate smirking at me from the backseat. Rolling my eyes, I opened up the door, and climbed in, sitting next to Nate while Danny and Will sat up in the front.

"You look like absolute trash," my brother snapped from the front seat, his eyes hard and cold.

"Shut up," I mumbled resting my head against Nate's shoulder.

"What did you just say?" The car jolted as his head whipped around and I was met with a deadly glare.

"I told you to shut up!" I snapped, sitting upright this time. "Why are you so angry with me? I've done nothing wrong!"

I knew it was bad to disrespect my brother like that, but lately he has been incredibly uptight, and on edge about almost everything.

Danny looked as if he was about to explode, but thankfully Will decided to step in.

"Hey man, let's just get home first, then you can strangle your sister." Danny's hands were clenched into fists and he reluctantly turned back to the steering wheel and started driving again. Nate wrapped an arm around my shoulder and tried to calm me down again, but at this point, it wasn't going to work.

Pushing away from Nate, I shifted to the opposite side of the car and leaned my head against the cold window, a futile attempt to calm myself down.

The second the car came to a stop, I pushed open the door, slamming it shut as hard as I could, merely to express my anger towards my brother. Storming inside the house, I was so blinded by my fury that I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, that is, until I felt a pair of arms seize me up.

"Hush now, darling, and no one gets hurt." Predicting my actions, a large hand was placed over my mouth, completely muffling my screams. The door opened to reveal Will, Nate, and Danny, and I felt the guy holding me stiffen.

That's right, I thought, you should be scared.

Obviously, this wanker had no idea that he had somehow broken into the house of one of the most feared gangs in London. I knew what would happen next, my brother and his mates would pull out their guns and it would all be over with in a mere minute.

But when a look of fear flashed through my brother's eyes, something that was rare to ever seen happen, I knew something was wrong.

"Daniel Summers, it's a pleasure to meet you again." I heard a man's voice echo from behind me, alerting me that there was more than one man in our house.

A squeak of surprised left my lips as I was suddenly dropped to the floor. Frantically, I tried to get to Danny, only to be yanked up into a standing position by my arm. That harsh movement turned around my body, and I locked eyes with the boy in front of me. His piercing green eyes lacked emotion, and he smirked when he noticed my heavy breathing. A gasp left my lips as I was shoved behind him and into the arms of someone else.

I felt my blood run cold as we locked eyes. This guy towered over me by nearly a foot, and his dark, close to perfection features would have taken my breath away, if fear hadn't done so first.

"Let go of her." Danny snarled, stepping forward.

The man holding me let out a harsh laugh, his eyes flickering over to my brother.

"And what are you going to do about it, Danny?" He taunted.

"I don't know what you think you're-"

"You know for being the 'London's Eyes,' you really didn't see this coming." He spoke, his eyes meeting mine again. With one arm, he held my body to his, and with another he stroked my face.

And then I decided to do something very stupid.

The sound of the slap echoed throughout the living room, and everyone stared in horror of what happened.

The man let go of me, but only for a moment. Before I could react, he fiercely gripped my wrist and pulled my body back into his. His free hand grabbed a fistful of my hair, and jerked it to the side, making me hiss in pain.

"Evelyn Summers, I promise you, you will regret that." He whispered, his lips brushing against my exposed neck.

"You should really know better than to anger Sebastian King."

I guess you could say that at that moment, I was royally fucked.

+++++

Chapter One has been completed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2M 193K 52
Sebastian Black was the number one most feared mafia leader in the streets of LA. At the age of 25 he runs the city and police department. He gets w...
1.9M 65.7K 25
(Mafia Story) Mature content; The story contains rape, kidnapping, sex and strong language. Read at your own risk. ►I felt tears threatening to fa...
189K 5.3K 53
"He will protect her life. She will protect his heart." You were perfectly happy with your life. So what if you beat up people? So what if you were t...
28.5K 978 40
After being born in to an unfair world Olivia tries her best to get by with what she has. But after she learns of an unnerving secret her world begin...