Isadora

By enticingflaws

Isadora's life was nothing but normal. No matter how much she tried, she would be forever haunted by the supe... More

foreword
1| Day 53,656
2| Laced
3| Salvatore
4| Amore
5| Sól
6| The Siphoner
7| Hope
8| The Lovely Prisoner
9| Lovesick
10| Grave Peril
11| Ashes
13| Past Heartaches
14| 150 Years Later
15| Revelations
16| Mending The Broken Heart
17| Better Love
18| Eclipse
19| Reunion
20| Normal
21| New Friends
22| Accusations
23| Secrets
24| Lacrosse
25| Kaleb
26| Motives

12| Birthday

117 6 11
By enticingflaws

    Kai didn't blink. He was staring at the ground, motionless.

    "What? Is the little weak siphoner afraid?" I challenged. "You were a heartless killer twenty years ago. You can be a heartless killer now." I stepped forward, walking closer to him.

    "I'm not going to kill you. If you want to die, why don't you do it yourself?"

    I took his right hand and placed it on my jawline. "Come on Kai; snap my neck. I'm sure you missed the thrill of killing." I looked him in the eyes. His sad eyes were filled with chaos, yet they were more ravishing than the sunset. If only he wasn't like this.

    "Sure, I love the feeling of killing people," he paused. "But I will kill anyone but you."

    "So why did you burn the journal if you insist you do not want to hurt me?"

    "Because I thought you weren't crazy enough to take up my offer. I thought you would rather live than read the journal," he admitted.

    "Let me get this straight; you burned the journal because I was willing to die?" I asked. He didn't want to be alone. He didn't want to lose me.

    "I don't want to fucking hurt you! I'm just bad for you; you're too good for me. I don't want to change you; I don't want to hurt you."

    "I am not fragile. You can hurt me, I can take the pain, you don't have to worry about me."

    He looked to the side. His hands were still in contact with my face. "You're already in so much pain; I'm not going to add to that. I usually love inflicting pain on others, but not you."

    "Kai, are you incapable of understanding that I am not weak?"

    "I never said you were, you're anything but," he explained. "You're strong. It must hurt to carry the pain you feel, the burden of having to live for 164 years. Isadora, all I'm saying is that I don't want to be added to your list of misery."

    "We don't need to be like this. We don't need to be constantly fighting. We're on the same side," I said. If we were going to be stuck here forever, I do not want to spend it bickering with Kai.

    "Yeah, we're magically on the same side after you killed me the other day."

    "Okay well if you want to get even, kill me," I said, waiting for his response. "Exactly, no matter how much you threaten me, you never go through with actually murdering me. Not all hope is lost for you Kai."

    "It would be great if you refrained from burning the supermarket down," Kai said as I tried to light the candle on his birthday cupcake.

    "There are a million other supermarkets we can get our food from if this one tragically burns down," I said finally lighting up the candle with the lighter. "Happy forty-second birthday Malachai!" I yelled, my voice echoed throughout the building.

    He blew out the candle that rested on the chocolate cupcake, "and we'll be celebrating your one hundred sixty-fifth birthday in thirty days."

    It was May 29, and according to Kai, it was his birthday. Like me, he never aged. Kai was placed in this 1994 prison world when he was twenty-two, and he still looks like he is twenty-two. Like how I look seventeen.

    "You're making me sound old."

    "We're old souls, especially you. But I'll ignore that if you hand me my present now."

    "Yeah, you should have given me a month's notice so I could have chosen a present for you," I said.

    "I wasn't speaking to you a month ago, remember?"

    "You know what you can give me? Tell me one of your stories."

    "How about no?"

    "I'll race you for it, from this side of the supermarket to the other side using the grocery carts," Kai suggested.

    "You're on. Prepare to beg on your knees for a rematch," I held out my hand, and he shook it.

    We grabbed carts from the front of the store and made our way to one side of the supermarket. "If I win you tell me a story," Kai said.

    "Very unlikely, but if I win, you have to be my personal driver for the rest of our lives."

    He laughed, "okay ready, set, go!"

    The both of us dashed as soon as Kai said go. I tried not to fall back as I pushed quickly with all my strength. I leaned over the handle of the cart; I never experienced this before. It was like soaring through the skies, but it was on the ground. The wind blew through my hair, and whenever I rested both my feet on the cart, I felt so free, like I was floating. I thought I was going very fast, but Kai still won the race.

    "Is this the part where you beg on your knees for a re-match?" He panted.

    I bent over, resting my hands on my knees. "Shut up."

    "Come here," he beckoned me over to the frozen section of the store. Kai opened one of the freezers to cool us. "Now's the time for a story Isadora."

    "Okay, so after I was stabbed by Klaus, I was tied to a chair."

    "Kinky," he grinned as he brushed his sweaty hair away from his face.

FLASHBACK

    My eyes adjusted to the harsh lightning pointed directly at me. I looked around to see Klaus standing a few feet away from me.

    "Good morning, love."

    I tried moving my arms that were tied with a rope by the wrist, "what are you doing to me?"

    "For the ten hours I have watched you, I can see why Kol is attracted to you," Klaus approached me.

    The last thing I remembered was Klaus stabbing me in the abdomen. Kol was there, and so was Rebekah and Elijah. I looked down where he jammed the piece of wood; it was healed. I knew vampires had the power to heal injuries by feeding humans their blood.

    "Yes, I am capable of feeling emotions, and I healed you."

    "Where is Kol?" I asked, looking around.

    "Kol, your little plaything is requesting for your presence," Klaus called out. Kol appeared through the dark hallway. "I'll leave you two alone, do what you need to do brother," Klaus said as he left.

    "Kol, I thought he killed you." I scanned his body up and down. My hands were bound, and all I wanted to do was feel him against me.

   "My brother may hurt me, but he will never kill me, we are family," Kol said as he started ripping the ropes around my wrist and ankles.

    "I am just happy that you are here," I said.

    "Isadora, I need to tell you something," he said quietly.

    "Okay, go ahead." I freed my arms and legs after he ripped the ropes.

    "The night I saw you was planned. We compelled the man driving your carriage to stop there so I could begin to woo you over." He explained.

    "What are you saying?"

    "I never loved you, Isadora, it was all an act. I spared your life because we needed Emily Bennett's grimoire, and I knew you were connected with her because our family has sources in Mystic Falls. I am not sorry. I had to do what I had to do. Family always comes first."

    "I do not believe this nonsense. Stop feeding me lies Kol." My vision started to get blurry, and tears were starting to form.

    He chuckled, "you were such an easy target. It is not my fault you believed everything I said."

    "Your actions contradict everything you are saying. You warned me that Klaus knew I was alive, you protected me."

    "It was part of the act. You should accept that."'

    "And you should accept the fact that I do not believe this," I said.

    "Well Isadora, it is your problem that you cannot understand that every 'I love you' that left my mouth was a lie and a way to get one step closer to Emily's grimoire."

a/n Summer vacation is coming to an end and I'm so sad about it. When do you guys start school?

Also, how do you feel about Kai and Isadora's growing relationship after their reconciliation? What are your thoughts on Kol?

As always leave your comments and don't forget to vote, thank you!

Here's a Mikaelson brothers appreciation GIF

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
330K 19.1K 72
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...
432K 17.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
956K 36.2K 86
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...