Faded Memories ༣ MikaYuu

Por ScarletPetal

Faded, but never forgotten; they were eternity. Began ; October 21, 2015 Completed ; August 11, 2016 • Arc I... Más

« ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ »
« ᴏɴᴇ : ʟɪᴇs »
« ᴛᴡᴏ : ᴍɪᴋᴀᴇʟᴀ »
« ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: sɪʟʜᴏᴜᴇᴛᴛᴇs »
« ғᴏᴜʀ : ᴛʀᴜᴛʜs »
« ғɪᴠᴇ : ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛɪғᴜʟ »
« sɪx : ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ »
« sᴇᴠᴇɴ : ʙᴜʀɴɪɴɢ »
« ᴇɪɢʜᴛ : ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs »
« ɴɪɴᴇ : ᴅᴇsᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴇ »
« ᴛᴇɴ : ᴍᴏʀᴇ »
« ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ : ᴡᴀʀ »
« ᴛʜɪʀᴛᴇᴇɴ : ᴄᴏɴғᴇssɪᴏɴ »
« ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ : ᴀʀᴛ »
« ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ : sᴍɪʟᴇ »
« sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ : sᴛᴀʀʟᴇss »
« sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ : ᴅɪsʙᴇʟɪᴇғ »
« ᴇɪɢʜᴛᴇᴇɴ : ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀʏ »
« ɴɪɴᴇᴛᴇᴇɴ : ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ »
« ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ : ᴘʟᴇᴀᴅ »
« ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴏɴᴇ : ᴘᴀsᴛ »
« ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ : ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ »
« ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ : ʏᴜɪᴄʜɪʀᴏ »
« ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ »

« ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ : ɢᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ »

1K 83 55
Por ScarletPetal

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela slept peacefully that night. He didn't have any anxious thoughts about Yuichiro, nor did he want any. It was as though nothing had happened and everything was the same; normal. He snored into his pillow loudly, many blankets drawn over him up to his chin and keeping him toasty warm. It was serene, and he couldn't have asked for any better place to rest—

⠀⠀⠀That was until he shifted to the side and a sudden pain in his lower abdomen creating him to groan, teeth gritting, and eyelids widely ajar. Mikaela, confused and brain currently not operating properly, blinked multiple times only to realize he was not in his comfortable bed, warm blankets, and comfortable pillows, but on a couch. A couch that was owned by him. He tried to fathom why he was not in his bed, but nothing came to mind. He was never one for bad habits such as falling asleep on the couch. As he continued to slowly move, hoping to crack the stubborn stiffness amongst his spine, he found another obstacle in his way— a somewhat heavy weight supporting his shoulder.

⠀⠀⠀This weight ( something he couldn't make out, for his vision was blurry from the disgusting sleep in his eyes ) brought him down and tickled his neck, yet he still didn't know what in Hell it was. Trying to ignore the pain in his back, Mikaela wiped his eyes with soft strokes in attempt to clear his vision and take a better look. Then, he found himself in realization.

⠀⠀⠀The weight was Yuichiro Amane.

⠀⠀⠀Memories came flooding back into his mind as he quickly sat up, completely forgetting about the pain and gasping quietly. His mind was spinning. Yuichiro was still here? Hadn't he gone home? He refused to believe he was here, sleeping next to the one and only, precious raven. Mikaela didn't want to awaken Yuichiro in any way and sighed, resulting to stay where he was until he had. Luckily, they didn't have school, in which might have been the reason Yuichiro found it okay to stay the night ( not that it bothered him. )

⠀⠀⠀Quietly, Mikaela's blue gaze washed over the sleeping raven's face, one he couldn't help but notice didn't own any wrinkles, nor glare. Just wholehearted relaxation and trust. It was truly a beautiful sight. Though his hair was messy ( when was it not? ), strands sticking up and drifting off to the side at the most random of places, it was what upheld that adorableness in him that was currently exposed. The blond loved the way his lips were slightly parted, breaths inhaling and exhaling softly it was barely audible. And he couldn't get enough of how clingy Yuichiro was when he was sleeping, arms wrapped around his right arm and holding it closely. There was just nothing not to like about a sleeping, calm Yuichiro.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela went to move the strands out of his eyelids, but stopped quickly when he heard his doorbell ring, not just once— but multiple times. The blond clicked his tongue, wondering who would come and violate his doorbell this early in the morning, but slowly rose from his place to lay Yuichiro fully on the couch. Adjusting his uniform and giving a failing attempt at flattening his raging bedhead, Mikaela cleared his throat and opened the door carefully, head peaking out in curiosity. Little did he know that he'd get a surprise visit.

⠀⠀⠀Two females; a violet and a blonde, along with two males; a brunet and pinket.

⠀⠀⠀"Umm, he—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Hi there, Mikaela-san!" The violet-haired female greeted.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela was utterly puzzled. Who the hell were they, and how did they know him? He was sure he had never met any of the four before in his life and now, here they were, standing out his doorway with expressions as though they were going to invite their way inside. He refrained from flat-out shutting the door without a word, and came with the conclusion to just grin. "Hello. If you don't mind, but how did you find my apartment complex?"

⠀⠀⠀"Everyone in Seraph High knows where Mika-san lives."

⠀⠀⠀"Excuse me— everyone what?"

⠀⠀⠀"Nothing important!" She dismissed with the flick of her hand. "We're sorry to disturb you, but we need to speak with Yuu-san. Oh, and you, too. Please let us in." Her lips formed into a forced smile, and from what Mikaela could see, the three behind her stepped back as if frightened. Mikaela, unsure whom they were, stepped aside with a sigh as he rubbed the nape of his neck exhaustedly to let the group inside. As the girl began to make her way inside, she placed her palm on the base of his arm and smiled up at him cutely. "I'm Shinoa, by the way. My adorable, grumpy girlfriend over there is Mitsuba. Small, Yoichi. Tall, Kimizuki." Mikaela followed the trail of her finger from one person to the next, each pointing to the remaining three.

⠀⠀⠀Right when everyone had huddled into his small living area, in which was originally roomy if it wasn't for the people whom called themselves 'Yuu-chan's friends', Shinoa didn't hold back as she leaped onto the body under a bundle of blankets whilst singing his name loudly. "Oh, Yuu-san! Wake up, sleepyhead!"

⠀⠀⠀"Shinoa!" Yoichi protested in horror, preparing to pull the lilac-haired female back.

⠀⠀⠀Suddenly, with a yawn, Yuichiro's squinted emerald gaze opened, an obvious, yet unknown weight dragging his eyelids down. He slowly began to rise, lifting his knuckles to rub at his eyes. He brushed the blanket aside, oblivious to the four barely in front of him. "Mika...? That hurt, y'know." Kimizuki snorted, and Yoichi hit him lightly on the shoulder. Mitsuba sighed in exasperation, massaging her temples with gentle strokes. "No, Yuu, it's us."

⠀⠀⠀At the sound of her voice, Yuichiro's eyes dilated and he seemed to be more awake than just a moment ago. Blurry-vision and extremely exhausted, the raven could make out the familiar, various hair hues, and his expression formed frigid. Frozen to the bone, yet still blazing like he were in the depths of Hell. He wanted an explanation; and quickly. "What the hell are you all doing here?" Shinoa didn't seem at all wounded, nor did she wince at his evidently harsh tone. Unlike Mitsuba and Kimizuki, the pair took a threatening step forward with a growl.

⠀⠀⠀Shinoa smiled. "We haven't spoken in quite a while, and it seems you've made another friend." She motioned quietly to the awkward Mikaela leaning against the kitchen counters, staring attentively at his phone, though all could tell he was discreetly dropping into their conversation. "It's not nice to abandon friends, Yuu-san, especially ones that have been with you since you've been in diapers." Her expressions changed drastically, smile slipping away and forming into a frown, though she managed to maintain her steady tone. "We really miss you, Yuu-san. You and your silly, stupid self. But we love you anyway."

⠀⠀⠀The raven's jaw dropped. Guilt began to gradually engulf him whole, and he closed his mouth, gritting his teeth behind his lips. He had been so caught up in his own selfishness, he'd completely forgotten about his friends— friends he believe he didn't need any longer ever since he had met Mikaela. It came to him how much of a jerk he was acting toward the people he's known longer than he could remember. Sure, they were jerks themselves; constantly teasing him and unknowing when was over the limit, but they still cared. Yuichiro didn't like pity and because of that, he had assumed everything they were doing was just that— pity.

⠀⠀⠀But now, Yuichiro knew it was far more different than pity. It was love. It was care. He knew the past him— old, foolish, swallowed whole by the jaws of reality— wasn't who he truly was. Shinoa, Yoichi, Mitsuba, and Kimizuki were always there for him. He was just too blind. Even today, he still was sightless. Yuichiro's throat went dry, having to swallow loudly to regain ability to speak, though when he opened his mouth— nothing came out. He was speechless of what to say. After all, he'd been convicted guilty. Sighing, he just shook his head and without hesitation, opened his arms wide out toward the four.

⠀⠀⠀Never being one to initiate hugs beyond their group, Yuichiro found this moment to be the perfect place to begin one. Shinoa's smile returned before she hopped her way onto him, messily wrapping her arms around his shoulders. Yoichi responded just as quickly along with Mitsuba, the three embracing him like never before as they dug their noses into his warm frame. The raven sat there as they held each other, Kimizuki sighing as he gave him a pat on the head, not very fond of hugs ( or at least, hugs that weren't from Yoichi ). But he understood and there they laid, minute by minute passing by slowly and peacefully that neither wanted it to end.

⠀⠀⠀Four minutes later, Shinoa released her hold as she stood up, walking over to the awkward blond not too far away from the group, grasping his arm thickly. Yuichiro's eyes— Mitsuba's eyes, if only looks could kill— narrowed suspiciously, though the violet just pushed them away as if it were nothing. She waved unconvincingly. "I'll be with Mika-san, okay? We'll only take a few!"

⠀⠀⠀"Wait, Shino—ah!"

⠀⠀⠀The two vanished into a nearby room.

• • •⠀࿈⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Locking the door, Shinoa stood in front of the puzzled blond, arms crossed, and expression filled with seriousness, not even flinching when she shoved him into the wall. Her amber gaze shone a flare of concern and curiosity, lips pursed as she studied him carefully. Mikaela tried not to mind too much, seeing these were Yuichiro's friends and he wouldn't do a thing to hurt him, which mean he couldn't hurt his friends in any way possible, but being under the supervision of a demanding girl— his nerves were growing quite thin.

⠀⠀⠀Shinoa clicked her tongue. "Who are you, really? How do you know Yuu-san? How old are you? Are you dating someone right now? Do you know of Yuu-san's deepest, darkest secrets?"

⠀⠀⠀"Wait—"

⠀⠀⠀"Answer," She hissed sourly. "Truthfully, or I'll kick your ass all the way to Neptune."

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela shut his mouth, rethinking his decision to defend himself of his personal information, but the look in the female's eyes seemed humorless and stern. She almost reminded him of Krul in some way; many ways. He found himself following her orders in fear of what she was capable of. Letting out an unsettling sigh of exhaustion, Mikaela drew his fingers through his golden locks. "Mikaela Hyakuya; I'm 17. I know Yuu-chan because we were paired up for Art Class. No, I'm currently single, though I do have my eyes on someone." He paused. "And, yes, I know some of Yuu-chan's secrets."

⠀⠀⠀"So you do know of his odd behavior?" Shinoa hinted at the two ending words.

⠀⠀⠀"Yes," Mikaela murmured. "As sad as it may be."

⠀⠀⠀"If you are who you say you are, then perhaps we can trust you with our beloved Yuu-san." Shinoa backed away from the blond, pressing her arms across her chest tightly as a smirk played onto her lips. "You know, Yuu-san loves to cuddle. He likes his scalp to be massaged at the right spot and likes kisses pressed onto his forehead. He loves curry and strawberry shortcake. Dogs are his favorite animals no matter what breed. He dislikes being called annoying. He likes to be taller than his lover—!"

⠀⠀⠀"Why are you telling me this?" Mikaela questioned curiously. Not that he minded it or anything; it was good to receive new information and preferences by the adorable Yuichiro he wanted to please so much. He was puzzled on how Shinoa knew so much about him, or rather how she found out. He didn't let it bother him, returning to focusing on the small, petite violet. Mikalea wanted nothing more than to spoil him and hold him and never let him go. He'd give him whatever he desired in life without a hesitation. He deserved it, anyway. If he could just simply win the heart of the stubborn, insecure male. He would tell him, the world, the universe as many times as it took for him to believe him. He felt his cheeks grow warm and a smile collected on his cheeks.

⠀⠀⠀Shinoa laughed inwardly, lips pressed together, so it sounded more like an unpleasant snort. She lightly smacked Mikaela's cheeks, squishing them as she muttered silly, inaudible things to him, though he presumed it was her calling him an idiot. "Silly Mika-san! You need to know as much about Yuu-san if you want to be his one-and-only!" Her eyebrows furrowed. "It is him, isn't it?"

⠀⠀⠀"I—"

⠀⠀⠀"But you think Yuu-san likes Asuramaru?"

⠀⠀⠀". . . Yes."

⠀⠀⠀"Mika-san." Shinoa interrupted as she rose her index finger in the air, pointing it up toward the ceiling. "Yuu-san is less to none likely to stay with Asuramaru. He's trouble, and he knows it. He just doesn't want to admit it." She huffed. "The things Asuramaru does during his free time isn't what Yuu-san would like anyway. As soon as he takes him on a date, an Asuramaru kind of date, he'll learn he's made a mistake choosing that demon of a man. He hasn't shown his true nature to Yuu-san yet, and he's waiting for the right time to strike.

⠀⠀⠀"He isn't good for him, you know that, don't you? Yuichiro is mistaking his liking toward him for possible admiration and such. As much as I want to tell Yuu-san that he's making a mistake and that he'll be hurt in the long run, I know it won't go well. But, just trust me, Mika-san, he knows better than to choose someone who's more likely to damage him than to choose someone who'll nurture him."

⠀⠀⠀"And perhaps, he still is with Asuramaru?" As much as Mikaela didn't want to question it, fearful of the answer he's receive, he'd have to ask some time soon.

⠀⠀⠀Shinoa bit her lip. "Then all we can do is be there for him. We're his friends. We don't decide on what he can and cannot do. If he feels it's the right thing to do—then we'll just have to accept it and support him."

⠀⠀⠀As much as Mikaela didn't like that, as much as he despised the idea of it, he didn't say anything else to display those emotions. He remained silent as the two just stared at each other; troubled by the thoughts of their friend making the wrong choices of following a troublesome delinquent. Except for the small, "let's go back," exchanged by Shinoa, the two made sure to clean up any signs of distress or anxiety that've came up amongst their conversation. Yuichiro sent Mikaela a face of questioning, but the blond brushed it off as he politely told the group he had something to do and that he'd be leaving soon.

⠀⠀⠀The group brought themselves together, said their goodbyes to the blond, before making their way out of the apartment. After Yuichiro gave the blond a spine-crushing embrace, in which Mikaela returned, they exchanged their plans for the few final meetings for the art project before Yuichiro finally caught up with the rest of his group. They strolled upon the cement, Yoichi and Kimizuki quietly conversing while Mitsuba clung to Shinoa's arm possessively, not taking the sudden 'Mikaela Lock-Up' plan to liking.

⠀⠀⠀It seemed like how they usually were, though twice the exciting, loud, and obnoxious. Perhaps it was him, Yuichiro wondered. Not that he cared. If it weren't for the soft, unexpected tone of Shinoa that emerged from the group, Yuichiro would've come to the conclusion that they would never be the same again. The raven lifted his head up from where he was staring blankly at the cracks in the sidewalks, turning to glare into the calm gaze of Shinoa.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-san,"

⠀⠀⠀"Hm?"

⠀⠀⠀"Do you really have feelings for Asuramaru?"

⠀⠀⠀It was sincere. Shinoa didn't have the usual demanding, forceful tone that told him he wasn't able to do whatever she was directing toward. She was honest with her inquires during times like these and he wanted to thank her for trying, but even he didn't have the power in him to do so and just gave a shrug.

⠀⠀⠀"I don't know."

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro wanted to say more— to question if there was a problem in it or if she had something against it, but he chose to let it go. She meant no harm in it. It was a simple yes or no question he couldn't, didn't, have the heart to answer, for he, himself, was conflicted with the same question. It left his chest aching, heart throbbing, and tears beginning to collect in his eyes, but Yuichiro did his hardest to push the feelings away. Who knew that choosing would be the most difficult thing in his life.

⠀⠀⠀"But I wish I did."

⠀⠀⠀And they left it at that, going their separate ways to their own dwellings when there were three trails leading somewhere different. No one said anything; not a thing of goodbye.

⠀⠀⠀Because goodbyes were too hard.

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

Hi there everyone! How's your day / night?

So, I've finished all of my tests this week, and though I have two more coming up, I hope you guys can understand that school is my first priority.

This was just a small, friend-relationship-building chapter between the ( newly introduced) Shinoa Squad! Yay!

Vote / Comment / Enjoy

THANK YOU FOR 200 FOLLOWERS BTW!
I have two one-shots that I'm writing, so if you'll please vote for which one seems more interesting, I'll publish it first!

Dead End
Summary : In which, all of the vampires have been exterminated, and the humans can now live in peace and serenity. All, except one.

Melodies of a Forlorn Bird
Summary : In which, Yuichiro joins Music Class for the easy passing grade, but who knew that he and a certain someone could become a jaw-dropping match.

See you later, Loves! <3

— Scarlet

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

44.5K 790 17
(DISCONTINUED) The early chapters are also pretty old and I lost motivation so I have stopped writing this. I won't be making more chapters, my apolo...
565 25 21
"Reunited by fate, but after endless memories, lovers remain as strangers." First season. Started: December 08, 2021. Completed: --. |TXT Fanfiction|...
13.3K 816 99
ㄴwhat you found there was only comfort, but you'd never at rest.ㄱ narrative series #5 status :: COMPLETED. All Rights Reserved © 2020
89.2K 5K 25
Flashing lights, roaring chants, millions of hands reaching out to grab him- he is exhausted of it all. They claim to want it, they claim they'll tak...