« sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ : ᴅɪsʙᴇʟɪᴇғ »

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀Smoke clogged the blond's nostrils and throat as he tried to breathe, lungs stopping short to let out a dangerously violent coughing fit. His legs and body felt numb, lifeless under his control when he attempted to shift himself into a more comfortable position. But as he tried, a shock of agony sparked within him, and he cried out a pain-stricken yelp— one an injured animal would create if knowing they wouldn't make it out alive. He could relate. He had no thought of ending this misery any time soon, was positive he was going to die before anyone arrived to save him.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela was a lost cause, or at least that's what he thought of towards himself. He felt ready to die.

⠀⠀⠀But as time came rushing by, the weight from upon his stomach and chest was suddenly lifted and bright lights clouded his vision. Flashing blue and red lights along with an irritation, alarming sound deafening to his sensitive ears. He longed to inch away, too painful to allow keeping, but his limbs were stuck, numb to the core. Scarlet drowned his eyesight and just then, he couldn't see anything moving around him, but as similar voices became louder and stronger, Mikaela found himself still alive and system working.

⠀⠀⠀"Yuu-san!" The voice called desperately, and from the corner of his eyes, he could see the small figure running up to a rolling bed, a body sprawled on top of it, motionless. "Yuu-san, wake up!"

⠀⠀⠀Yuu-chan..., Mikaela thought sluggishly, his mind exhausted and full of confusion, what... what happened to Yuu-chan? He watched in silence as the bed was lifted into an ambulance truck, doors slamming shut as a small female dropped to her knees, hands glued to her eyes as she sobbed. A blonde raced to the female's side and kneeled beside her, perhaps comforting her.

⠀⠀⠀As more weight was lifted from off of him, two fingers were placed against his neck, checking his pulse before more yelling echoed through his ears. Mikaela could feel them begin to speak to him, but no matter how much he strained to hear and understand their words, he could not. It was as if the language was foreign and different to the point all he heard was gibberish. Unresponsive, he decided to unsteadily blink, hoping the gesture was enough to reply he was alive. As intended, two men carefully began to wrap their arms around his waist and shoulders, carrying him into a moveable mat.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela could feel as his spine hit a more comfortable sheet, a sigh of relief escaping his lips. His arms were placed to his sides and a few straps connected from one side to the other, keeping him in place. A mask was positioned on the base of his nose and mouth, a sudden blow of oxygen barging his way into his system. More words were spoken to him, a woman's lips moving as she nodded and stared into his eyes intensely. All he could manage was a trusted nod.

⠀⠀⠀"Mika-san!" The familiar voice cried again. It was the only word he could make out— his name and Yuichiro's. He tried to crane his head to meet the voice but was interrupted with an abrupt lift and shove into the same truck. He listened carefully as the woman spoke with the smaller female, eyes shutting from exhaustion.

⠀⠀⠀He strained to keep himself awake, but it was utterly useless when his eyes clamped closed, his breathing shallowing. The last thing he heard was the small cry of the same female.

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •