« ᴛᴡᴇʟᴠᴇ : ᴡᴀʀ »

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀⠀"Mika, I'm here!" Yuichiro called as he gave a light knock upon the blond's door, careful not to be too loud. It wasn't exactly the time they'd usually wake up— four in the morning rather than six.

⠀⠀⠀Shuffling ensued beyond the wooden door and all Yuichiro could do was wait patiently and hope he didn't make a mistake making Mikaela get up two hours earlier than he was meant to. But just as he was about to turn foot and shout that he didn't have to do this and that he changed his mind, the door flung open and emerged a clean, well-dressed Mikaela. With illuminate, celestial oceanic eyes and a still bright smile despite it being early in the morning, the blond didn't seem to mind, nor did he look effected. He looked like the Mika he knew. The same Mika he lo— admired.

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro smiled as he outstretched his arms, inviting himself into a hug that the blond gratefully returned, hand fumbling with the dark tresses upon his head whilst the other wrapped around his waist. It was comforting, loving, and he soaked it all in to keep locked up. These small gestures were for him and for him only, so he wouldn't share them, him, with anyone. He knew Asuramaru would probably shout and lecture him, telling him that we couldn't hug someone else other than him. It was a bit irritating to know it would come from someone like Asuramaru, that it was bound to happen; but he could care less.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela sighed contently into his hair, the soft breath tickling the nape of his neck slightly. "Well, good morning to you, too, Yuu-chan."

⠀⠀⠀"You're not mad that I made you wake up?"

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela laughed. "It's important, so no."

⠀⠀⠀"Whew!" Yuichiro exhaled in relief, pulling away to examine the genuine expression that was on Mikaela's cheeks. The blond chuckled, bringing them back into an embrace for another brief moment. "I couldn't be mad at Yuu-chan anyway. I wouldn't have the heart." At the statement, the dark-haired male stiffened beneath his arms, gaze dilated widely as his breathing took a hitch. He was so sweet, this man. He could do the smallest things, and Yuichiro would still flush like it was the first time he'd been told. It was a skill Mikaela owned that he wished he didn't, yet at the same time, did.

⠀⠀⠀"Now," Mikaela pulled away to open the door and gently push the raven forward. "We've only got two hours before school, three days left to finish the project, and we haven't even started yet. We can't waste any more time!" He urged. Yuichiro nodded, dropping his bag onto the cute, solid table in the living area, zipping here and there as he removed paintbrushes, different hues of paint, and several small tubs. He tended to be serious in the things he enjoyed, in which was painting, so owning large baggage filled with art supplies was something he was not ashamed of.

⠀⠀⠀He revealed three sharpened to the tip pencils along with a large for big mistakes eraser ( something he didn't use as much, but, hey, who knows when he'll need it ) before he finally zipped his bag back up, spread out his equipment and then jerked his head up to stare at Mikaela whom had an amused expression. The blond held a single pencil and a few colors of paint, smiling sheepishly to perhaps how unprofessional or unserious he seemed to appear next to the raven. But Yuichiro just smiled, patted the spot next to his frame and began to sketch large circles onto the wide canvas with delicate strokes of his wrist.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela seemed to pick up the message and immediately settled down next to Yuichiro, though not yet getting started. Instead, he examined the gentle hand motions, strokes, and technics that his friend owned. He made it look so easy, but even he knew that he couldn't be as skilled and talented of an artist as Yuichiro was, and he didn't mind. Art was an activity— more likely, Yuichiro's life— that made the dark-haired male happy and alive and free. It was beautiful how he made the sharp shape of a jawline along with the realistic and gorgeous eyes he created so effortlessly. It really was extraordinary.