« ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: sɪʟʜᴏᴜᴇᴛᴛᴇs »

• • •⠀࿇⠀• • •

⠀⠀That afternoon, Yuichiro strolled out of the last classroom he'd be attending that day, heading slowly to his locker to thrust whatever he needed to before slamming the rusty door shut. His head was filled with all of kinds of things throughout the day; how dumb Guren was, how he'd be going to a complete stranger's home, how that stranger ended up being Mikaela Hyakuya, and, well, let's stop there. He didn't know what to quite feel exactly, for either way they weren't the best feelings. To be very honest, Yuichiro regretted agreeing to the blond's offer and wished he could have declined.

⠀⠀⠀Though, that thought disintegrated instantly when he felt fingers entangle in his hair, a tiny ruffle of greeting following. Yuichiro slowly craned his body around, large virescent irises coming into contact with the soft sapphire ones of Mikaela. For once, he felt a slight grin climb onto his lips ( and maybe a little tug of exasperation from how much of a mess the blond was making of his hair ).

⠀⠀⠀But otherwise, he seemed happier than normal.

⠀⠀⠀"Hi, Yuu-chan!" Mikaela purred joyfully, voice light and delicate as if he were singing. "Ready to go?"

⠀⠀⠀Yuichiro huffed in the knowingness of his answer, glancing away for a brief second before nodding in the slightest. "Sure," he grasped the taller male's wrist and carefully pushed it away from where it settled atop his head, "and if you don't mind, please refrain from touching me so freely." Mikaela let out an airy laugh, but obliged the request and took his wrist back. No matter how high and mighty the dark-haired boy seemed to act, Mikaela knew that he meant amusement in his phrase, and because of that, he clasped his fingers around Yuichiro's arm before breaking into a full-out sprint out of the school and into the sidewalks of the small neighborhood; completely ignoring the fact they'd just then discussed about contact.

⠀⠀⠀"H-hey! Slow down!" The cries of the raven echoed amongst the streets as Mikaela tugged him further and further down the sidewalks. Even though it was indeed a nice day, Yuichiro really did not enjoy the thought of running his heart out downwards a hill-like walkway. The bright, baby-blue skies filled with small plots of plump-white clouds circulated the atmosphere above them, a slight breeze nipping at their cheeks freely as they ran. The green grass swayed along like a dance with the wind; the sweet scent of newly bloomed flowers blossoming beautiful petals spreading into the air. It didn't really occur to Yuichiro, but he could get used to this fine weather and scenery of Spring for a few months or so.

⠀⠀⠀Mikaela giggled and came to a complete stop when he stopped at a decent-looking building, a little something similar to where Yuichiro lived, but much nicer and stabilized. Unlike his. "We're here," he announced calmly, tongue dry and small droplets of sweat collecting around his neck along with slight huffs of breath. The dark-haired boy examined it more closely, admiring what he saw and quite envying how he couldn't live in such a adequate dwelling rather than the dump he was currently settling in. It wasn't fair, really, he didn't ask for it.

⠀⠀⠀Then it came to Yuichiro, "wait, you live here?" Mikaela nodded. "Alone?" He hummed in approval.

⠀⠀⠀Blinking a few times to process what he'd heard, Mikaela slipped past Yuichiro to slip his key into the keyhole, easily pushing the door open and outstretching his arm out, smiling cheekily at his friend as to welcome him into his apartment. "Come on in, Yuu-chan." Yuichiro would never fully accept the nickname, for it was far too embarrassing for his liking and made undesirable butterflies flutter inside his stomach along with a rosy blush to tinge his cheeks. And as he was about to leave a provoked retort toward the blond, he sighed for God knows how many times and walked through the doorway.