The Heart of Alexander

By kendeldon

Based off true events tells a story of Roxana, a Bactrian Princess held captive under Alexander the Great. Sh... More

Author's Note
Chapter One - Invasion
Chapter Two - Imposter
Chapter Three - Fighting the Enemy
Chapter Four - Betrayal and Betrothal
Chapter Five- Secrets
Chapter Six- Day of Doom
Chapter Seven- Hostage
Chapter Eight- Upon The Lash
Message
Chapter Nine- His New Mistress
Chapter Ten- Potions and Poisons
Chapter Eleven- Monsters
Yet another message
Chapter Twelve: Snakes
Chapter Thirteen- The Desert Flower
Chapter Fifteen- Among the Stars
Chapter Sixteen- The Monster's Madness
Chapter Seventeen- Beneath the Surface
Chapter Eighteen-Negotiations
Chapter Nineteen- The Desert Queen
Chapter Twenty- Philotas
Update
Cover
Chapter Twenty One- Schemes and Vows
Chapter Twenty Two-Intoxication
Chapter Twenty Three-Sister Wives
Coming Soon!
Kill Him with Kindness
Chapter Twenty Four- Rebels
Chapter Twenty Five- Mercy and Grace
Chapter Twenty Six- Equals
Rant Time
Chapter Twenty Seven- On the Battlefront
From a Broken Heart
Chapter Twenty Eight- Life and Death Without Joy
Cover
Back and Pumped
Chapter Twenty Nine- Legacy and Love
Question and Answer Time!!
Chapter Thirty- Conquerors
Chapter Thirty One-Bucephalas
Author's Note
Chapter Thirty Two- Unstoppable Queen
Chapter Thirty Three- Queen of Savages
This is Not an Update
Chapter Thirty Four- Turning Back
TAWO
Chapter Thirty Five- Deceit At Its Finest
Chapter Thirty Six - The Heart

Chapter Fourteen- Jealous Ambitions

2.1K 105 6
By kendeldon

Above is what I picture Alexander to look like, but blonde hair. Still trying to find a decent picture. 

Sorry guys, I haven't been able to update much lately. I mean, I just lost my dog and my family is falling apart right now. So many emotional things have been happening so I have been so distracted. But anyways, here is the next chapter and I hope y'all like it. 

327 B.C

Alexander's P.O.V.

"Alexander, are you sure about this?" Hephaiston spoke. 

Was I truly sure about this? This woman was infuriating and angered me to the core, yet either way I was passionate over her. Roxana was captivating at first sight. The things she did to me were unreal. Her eyes were stunning and I could stare at them for centuries. Her touch made me crave her even more. All I wanted was to ravish her the moment my eyes laid upon her.

"Yes, I am sure," I replied stern and firm. 

Hephaiston smiled and touched my shoulder. I smiled back. He chuckled. 

"You are in love," he said with a laugh.

"Love is for the weak,"

"You won;t be saying that for long," he muttered back. I shot him a glare in return.

"Alexander, have you decided  your contribution to the altar? It's sacred and tradition,"

I paused. I had forgotten about the traditions of a wedding. All I could think about was ravishing my Roxana tonight and having her to myself for all of eternity, always by my side. I looked around me and then my eyes settled upon a pile of silk. I went to the garment, picking it up and feeling the smooth fabric between my fingers. I saw all the memories of Campaspe and I from the beginning. Her appearing before me for the first time dressed in these silken garments as a gift to me. All the nights I spent under the animal skins with Campaspe, taking her every night. I knew I never loved her, but I wanted her, I was tempted by her. But she is another woman left in the past. No I had my Roxana, forever. I turned to Hephaiston, holding the silk robes. He smiled, nodding his head.

"This is the one," I responded. 

"Time to go to the altar,"

Roxana's P.O.V.

I stood at the beginning of a pathway of warriors holding torches that led to the altar where Alexander stood. A shudder erupted throughout my body, both in fear and anticipation. Escorted by Titus, I walked down the path. My eyes landed on each and every detail individually. The flames setting a glow upon the village, the altar covered in offerings, and most of all, Alexander. 

I trembled at his touch, coming before the altar. This time, it was my turn to sacrifice a part of myself as a gift to the gods. I gave the two things that mattered to me the most. Father's talisman and Kiro's pendent. I placed them on the altar and saw there along with my possessions, Campaspe's silken robes. My eyes were attracted to Alexander's in surprise. He was sacrificing his love for Campaspe, for me. His bore into mine and I could instantly see his truthfulness and vulnerability. 

A guard handed Alexander a torch, the flame flickering over our faces. Alexander grabbed my hand, placing it over the torch handle, both of us holding it. He leaned forward and whispered softly into my ear. 

"Together,"

Together we lit the offerings, sending the altar into a blazing frenzy. Smoke billowed up to the heavens, and our eyes followed it before it was swallowed up in the night sky. I felt something against my hand, and my gaze went down. Alexander's hand was laced with mine and for some reason, I couldn't help but smile. I looked to the robes that burned alongside Kiro's pendent and Father's talisman. We had both given up something that was apart of our lives. Given up something for each other. 

Titus walked to the altar, holding in his hands, a knife. With a shaky hand, I took it from him and raised into the air, looking into the eyes of Alexander as I spoke these words to him. 

"I, Roxana of Bactria, take this knife. With the strike of this knife, my mind, body, and soul will begin anew, leaving behind the past forever and surrendering myself to my husband, Alexander, king of Macedonia," I spoke softly. 

I closed my eyes as I held a lock of my hair in my hand. As the knife came down, my hand was numb, as was my body and mind. I faced the truth; no one was coming for me. I had finally run out of options. Then, the dagger swiped through my lock of hair, cutting it completely. Titus handed me a cloth in which I wrapped the lock of hair in before handing it back to Titus. Alexander took my hands in his. 

"As King of Macedonia, I take thee Roxana, princess of Bactria, daughter of Oxyartes, as my wife and the queen of my country and my empire. I shall take thee to be alongside my rule as equals. I take thee to hold and treasure until my bones turn to dust and my name is no longer remembered,"

With that, his lips crushed against mine, his hands coming up to hold my face to his. His lips were soft and gentle, molding to mine with such perfection it stunned me. Once his lips touched mine, I was his. Our marriage was now consummated and I was his bride just as he wanted.  I closed my eyes and treasure that kiss, and in that kiss, I gave up all my hopes of escaping him, but instead, I gained new hopes and dreams. I would become the greatest queen Alexander's Empire would ever see and Bactria would be rightfully mine again. 

Festivities  began and it became a blur to me. Bread and wine were served to us as we watched the soldiers take women from off the sidelines in order to dance to the melodies of a lyre. Even Ebony and Titus joined in on the dancing while Theti clapped merrily along the sidelines. They entertained us until the moment Alexander became bored. My eyes would peek over to him very so often to see an unamused expression plastered on his sculpted face. I saw him watched the women with lust in his eyes. My heart ached. How could I be so affected and hurt over some mere women?

Abruptly, my newly husband rose from his seat. All the men and women halted their dancing due to his sudden actions, all of them waiting for his command. Alexander nodded for their continuance as he walked away from me. My gaze moved with him as he roamed about the dancers. 

I then saw a village girl that he came upon. His hand brushed over her cheek as Alexander lifted a strand of her hair away from his face. Her cheeks reddened nervously, as did mine with anger. I saw Alexander offer his hand to the girl and her politely accept it with a giggle. With that, they danced. 

How dare he do such a thing at our wedding? My own wedding! How this man infuriated me so! Heads turned, shocked expressions as clear as the skies. I felt myself heated with anger and embarrassment. The way he moved and the way he held her, causing an unnecessary spectacle of the both of us. When his lips met hers, I went ballistic. He would regret this, if not, then I would make him. 

This time, it is my turn, I thought. I shrugged off my robe, standing up and stepping forward. I landed my gaze on a lonely soldier. I flashed a smile toward him and my prey offered one back. I stepped up to him with charm.

"Why is a handsome man like you all by your lonesome?" I flirtatiously asked. 

"All these harlots are just the same. I would be better off with a beautiful woman such as yourself. I am General Cassander," he said. Yet not one moment did his eyes meet mine. Instead, they followed the route of my gown. I smiled in satisfaction.

"Well I am yours for tonight, Cassander," I whispered seductively in his ear and I offered my hand to him. Before I knew it, I was swept off my feet among the rest of the soldiers and their women. 

We were a few yards away from Alexander and the village girl. I watched with hatred as his hands roamed her ragged clothes, feeling every inch of her body as he whispered naughty things into her ear. Two can play at that game, I thought. I guided Cassander's hand down my body in a playful manner, us dancing closer and closer to Alexander. 

"My, my, there are so many things I could do to you. How I wish I could have you in my tent tonight," he whispered into my ear, his mouth latching onto my earlobe, toying with me.

I noticed Alexander's glare as Cassander's hands possessively took control of my body. I whimpered against him and looked Alexander dead in the eye with a satisfied smirk. We danced to the lyre sensually. The moment Cassander spun me out from him, I came face to face with a very angry Alexander. The village girl was nowhere to be found. His eyes pierced me and I felt as though he could see straight into my soul. I wanted to be able to do the same, but I didn't even know if he had a soul. He gripped my arm hard and pulled me close so only I could hear his words. 

"You are making a display in front of everyone. My wife and queen is no whore! If you wish to be my queen,  then act like one and earn that position, or you will regret this, spoiled princess," he growled. 

"Who was the one who decided to make a scene at our wedding to begin with?" I angrily whispered back. 

"I told you that you will regret this," he growled and I was dragged kicking and screaming from the festivities and into a village home. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 2.8K 36
(2nd Book of Battle series) For some couples, love isn't in their stars. Their hearts don't beat in sync, their eyes don't meet discreetly, the blush...
4.1K 254 21
Rosilabeth grew up as your average pampered Princess, only caring about her twinkling jewels, embellished clothes and securing a rich Prince as a hus...
2.5M 44.1K 29
When the "Sexiest Man Alive" reneges on his book contract, no-nonsense editor Erin Andersen is sent to rein him in. But after meeting Stephen Spence...
28 0 19
I have read many love stories in hope that mine could end up with a happy ever after. Have you ever met someone and when you look into their eyes it...