Chapter Sixteen- The Monster's Madness

Alexander's P.O.V.

"Father," I spoke in fear.

"Now, my son, I must make you a man," Father said, his face emotionless, "You are just as pathetic as your mother," he sneered.

His voice tormented me, playing with my mind. Mother was not pathetic, she inspired me, taught me everything I knew. She was better than my father in every way possible, while father was never around. It would be father that was the disgrace with his many women and his bastard children. I was the one true heir who deserved this empire. Yet in his eyes, I was a nuisance, a mistake my mother accidentally brought into this world. One day I would prove him wrong. 

I was within a new, unusual part of the palace, a part I was forbidden from playing in. He had held me in this small room for hours on end, letting boredom take over me. I was only fourteen and he was already changing me to become just like him.

"Cleopatra!" father roared. I flinched at the name. I remember the first day father brought her back from one of his battles. I hated her with a passion that burned like the brightest flame.

Cleopatra waltzed in, a robe loosely hanging from her body, leaving her breasts and the rest of her exposed. My father smiled in satisfaction and for that I hated him. She was the reason for mother's unhappiness. She was the reason I am looked at like a bastard child when I was mightier than such. 

"My dear, I think it's time to teach Alexander a lesson. Call in one of your girls," Father replied with a smirk. Cleopatra giggled. 

"Odessa!" she called. I slowly looked at father and looked demonic.

A small girl in a similar robe as Cleopatra's came into the room. She was young and blonde, small and fragile, around the same age as I was. The door bolted shut behind her, frightening the girl. Her eyes met mine and quickly bowed. I stepped back for a minute, no one would ever bow to me in the castle, I was of no importance. 

Father took a hold of me and shook me, chuckling into my ear as he nudged me forward to the girl. I was confused and scared at this point. Suddenly, a dagger was dragged across my palm. I cried out , blood spilling from my hand. But father kept me still, whispering softly. 

"Pain is your friend, Alexander. Pain is the only thing that can never lie. Pain tell you that you are alive. Never forget that, my son. Now it is time to play," he whispered, nudging me forward. 

I knew what he was asking me to do. I had seen him do such horrible things to young girls before during my lifetime. I stripped myself down naked, watching the quivering servant. I grabbed a hold of her robe, tearing it from her body. Tear streaked her ivory skin as I circled her. I push her against the wall, listening to her whimpering in fear. I need to do this, I thought to myself. "s-stop," she stammered, but I refused to listen to her. My hand traveled down her naked body to her sex to feel her ready for me, just as father expected. 

"Don't stop when she likes it. She wants it. That little whore craves it, do it," Father persuaded.

I took her, fast and relentless. She screamed and writhed beneath me, just as father told me would happen. I cried silently as I entered her over and over again, making her scream for help and cry all her tears. Then, father instructed me to wrap my hands around her throat and I rammed into her, breaking her body and her soul. As I pressed my hands tighter around her throat, this Odessa became rebellious against my father's demands. 

Her hands pushed me away from her, but I knew I was stronger than her. I could not show father how weak I truly was. Weakness would only result in a harsh beating. The older and most rebellious I got against father, the more punishments I would receive and the more insecure my position of becoming king would be.