Breaking The Rules

By lost_misfits

"Everyone thinks they know my story, the story of Peter Pan and Wendy Darling. The story of a nice little gir... More

Authors Note:
Chapter 1: The beginning
Chapter 2: Breaking Point
Chapter 3: You never forget about your Fears
Chapter 4: The shadows secret
Chapter 5: Your crazy
Chapter 6: That wouldnt be much fun would it?
Chapter 7: Lost girl
Chapter 8: The hard truth
Chapter 9: Haunted dreams
Chapter 10: He will hurt you
Chapter 11: Family doesn't hurt family
Happy Birthday!!!
Just FYI
Chapter 12: Scars
Chapter 13: Be selfish and cruel
Chapter 14: I can take care of myself
Chapter 15: Nederland's Savior
Chapter 16: I'm not as bad as they say
Chapter 17: Hide and Seek
Chapter 18: Leave with me
Chapter 19: Villain
Important!
Chapter 20: Just started
Just FYI!!
Chapter 21: Falling apart...again.
Chapter 22: Festering Feelings
Chapter 23: Darkness
Chapter 24: I Hate It
Chapter 25: Day
Chapter 26: Its Pan
Chapter 27: Welcome to Storybrooke
Chapter 28: Worst First Day Ever
Chapter 30: Not Turning Back
Chapter 31: Operation Blue Bird
Chapter 32: Our lost Girl
Chapter 33: Drowning Thoughts
Chapter 35: As Usual
Chapter 36: Dark Secrets
Chapter 37: Like Home
Chapter 38: No Happy Endings
Chapter 39: Going Home
Chapter 40: Hero?
Chapter 41: Taking Hearts
Chapter 42: Doesn't Belong
Chapter 43: Pain Is Beautiful
Chapter 44: Never Forgotton
Chapter 45: The Trees
Chapter 46: The Forest of Fears
Chapter 47:Light and Darkness
Chapter 48: Cold and Broken
Chapter 49: Playing Games
Chapter 50: Warnings
Chapter 51: Confessions
Chapter 52: Stay Crazy
Chapter 53: Never Fail
CONFUSION
Chapter 54: Moving On
Chapter 55: Lost Battles
Chapter 56: Do Anything
Chapter 57: Hostage
Chapter 58: A Last Attempt at Redemption

Chapter 34: Peter Pan and Neverland

491 14 2
By lost_misfits

As we left I took one last looks at my grilled cheese. I just didn't have time. I left a tip and me and Gram slipped into his police car.

It was silent for a moment as he started the car and began driving. I looked out the window. It was raining, and I watched as the rain drops raced down the window in a rush. Crashing as they pour onto the concrete.

"So tell me for real. What happened to you?" I turned my head at Gram and gave him a confused grunt.

"What'd you mean?" I mumbled.

"Why don't you have your memories?" He asked with his eyes on the road.

I sighed." I thought I told you, back at the house."

He laughed. "Hardly. You said you don't remember who you are, because you, and I quote, got beat up real bad."

"Oh. I said that?" I thought back to what I said. That sounded stupid.

"Yeah. It didn't really answer a lot." He said quickly glancing at me, his mouth twisting into a smirk.

"Its just a long story." I said licking my lips.

"Just shorten it up." He said raising his eyebrows.

I liked that. How he didn't say that 'he had time', or that it was okay. He just said to shorten it. Like he wanted to know, but didn't push it.

I hate when people push it.

"I was in a coma for two years. I didn't remember anything. I was hurt very badly. No one knows how, or by who. Regina took me in. And here I am. But I need more. Like I'm searching for something that doesn't exist. Trying to remember someone I never met."

"I remember!" He yelled in excitement.

"What?" I questioned.

"I remember when Regina found you. That was fun. Well, not for you. We never found out what happened to this day." He said in a remembering daze.

"You worked my case?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yes. It was the buzz around town. You were one big question." He said with a sigh.

"Wow. Yeah, that sounds like me." I laughed to myself.

We arrived at the hospital and I took in a deep breath. Of course it wasn't really fresh air I breathed in because it tasted the same as it smelled. Bleach and lots of germ-x.

"Ready?" He said looking at me with arched eyebrows.

"Of course." I sarcastically mouthed.

We slowly approached the room that the boy was staying in.

I reached for the door knob but stopped.

"What's his name again?" I said placing my hands on my hips.

"Jacob." He said with no expression. I nodded and reached for the door knob.

But I stopped again.

"I think I should go in alone." I said looking up at Gram.

"What? Your not just using me for rides are you?" He joked.

"No, I just need this, okay?" I swallowed.

He nodded slowly.

"Thank you." I gave a small smile.

I opened the door and closed it quickly behind me. The boy sat up and smiled.

"Wendy! I was wondering when you'd visit me. Wow, aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Been a while hasn't it?" He giggled.

I froze right there.

I squeezed my eyes shut and then opened them again.

"Wendy? You okay?" He asked in a worried tone.

"I need your help." I said taking a step closer, not wasting any moment.

"Of course, what'd ya need?" He rubbed his tiered eyes.

"Answers." I slowly sat at the end of his bed.

"What?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I-I don't remember anything Jacob. Nothing. But you seem to remember me. I just need to know. Who am I?" I said gripping his arm.

"Well gosh Wendy. That's a lot of pressure." He nervously laughed.
"Jacob. Please." I pleaded, obviously not taking his joke.

He stared deep into my eyes. Searching." You really don't remember do you?"

I shook my head." Well, I don't know where to start Wendy." He said looking around speechless, his golden curls bobbing as he rubbed the back of his head.

"How about were you know me from. The place where we meet." I said with a smile.

"Okay. Neverland." He smiled back.

My shoulder fell. "Neverland?"

His eyes widened." Oh, you must remember! Its the best place ever, and Pan-" I cut him off.

"Pan?" He nodded quickly.

"Pan. Peter Pan. He was always making you mad." He leaned in with a sly smirk." Even though we all knew he fancied you 'lot."

I shook my head speechless this time. "I'm sorry? Peter Pan? Like the one in story books and movies?" He laughed.

"No silly. Like the one back at Neverland."

I thought, damn he's crazy. Must've really hit his head hard.

Jacobs face fell and he looked down. "I wish I was back at Neverland. I'm starting to miss it."

"Why?" I asked, pulling his chin up to face me.

"Because. Pans dying. I want to help." He said water filling his eyes. Crazy or not, this boy thinks he's real, and its breaking his heart.

"Why'd you leave if you didn't want to?" I said, my head tilting sideways slightly, going along with his crazy imagination.

He wasn't a young boy. Only about twelve of thirteen, but he acted much younger.

"Because, Felix. He said I needed to find you. So he told the shadow to take me where you are. Bloody shadow dropped me though, right in front of you in that strange moving box. " He said with a remembering scowl.

"Who's Felix?" I realized how dumb I sounded. Question after question, that lead to more questions.

"Second in command. He was like your best friend. Only one Pan talks to now."

"I wish I remember them." I said looking down at my hands.

"Don't be sad. That's why Felix sent me." He said holding my hand.
"Why?"

"He said even hero's need help. He said there's a book some where. It will help you remember. That's all he said to me. I don't understand, but he said you would." He said with a shrug.

It clicked then. I knew why I needed to go to the library. Maybe the book was there.

My eyes widened. "Thank you Jacob. You fulfilled your job." I said standing up and just before leaving, Jacob spoke.

"You need to save him Wendy. You just have to. Pans all we have." He said as his gleeful face hardened into a more serious one.

"Save him from what?"

"Himself."

Gram and I were now driving to the library, and I told him of the strange encounter with the boy and how he told me about Neverland and Peter Pan.

As if either of those were real.

But never the less when we got to the library, I got all the Peter Pan books I could find.

The library was strange. It was boarded up and we had to break a big scary lock off to get inside. It was like the lock was mocking me. Telling me everything I couldn't do.

It was rather messy inside and yet, everything seemed to be right where it needed to be.

Gram thinks I'm even more crazy, I just laughed it as if it wasn't a big deal.

But it was. I was sacred. What if I never found out who I was. What if Jacobs a complete looney who didn't know anything about me. It'd be just my luck.

I rushed home, ready to read all the new books. Or at least get started. I knew it would take forever.

"Wendy? You home?" Regina yelled from the dining room.

I stopped on the stairs. "Yeah!"

"Going to come down for dinner?"

"No, I've got loads of homework. I'll eat later." I lied so I could read as much as possible.

"Okay." She said. I ran up and threw the books on my bed.

"Time to get this started. Operation Blue bird, in motion." I said rubbing my hands together.

Look at me, talking to myself. Looks like I'm crazy after all. I laughed to myself.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was awfully skinny. Maybe I should go down stairs and eat real quick. My stomach growled as if agreeing with me. I hadn't eaten all day.

I was to anxious and exited to. I ran my fingers down my slim tummy and then looked away. I wasn't too skinny, but I wasn't possibly not under-weight. I need some meat on my bones. Just in case I need to, fly to Neverland.

Haha, brain you never cease to amaze me with your awesome jokes.

Suddenly my vision went black, and I felt light headed. I lifted my fingers to my temples and I stumbled back. I lost balance and threw my hands around me, trying to find something to catch before I fell.

The only thing I caught was a hurtful head-ache as my skull pounded against the floor.

"Wendy!" Was the last thing I heard before completely blacking out.

Damn it. I feel like I'm in this situation often.

Yay.

I feel like my writings getting worst.

Curently listening to Eminem while writing this. But hey, he's tells shit how it is.

I'll go back and edit later. Or nah. Who knows. O_o

Lol, I did. Its still shit though. Ha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.5K 741 42
For as long as she can remember, Pearl Willows has always loved fairytales. All she has ever wanted was to leave Virginia and live a life of opportun...
4.5K 155 40
"We've all heard the story of Peter Pan. The carefree hero, sworn enemy of pirates, defender of the innocent. Well, they didn't get it quite right...
2.1K 26 35
Title: Penny Pan: The Heir to Neverland Synopsis: Peter Pan never wanted to grow up but one girl changed all that, and no her name wasn't Wendy. No...
28.6K 837 22
(SINGLE BOOK) "You have to be a lost boy to lead a lost boy. And you've got a camp full of them. So that tells me more about you," Celeste shot back...