Isadora

By enticingflaws

Isadora's life was nothing but normal. No matter how much she tried, she would be forever haunted by the supe... More

foreword
1| Day 53,656
2| Laced
3| Salvatore
4| Amore
5| Sól
6| The Siphoner
7| Hope
8| The Lovely Prisoner
9| Lovesick
10| Grave Peril
12| Birthday
13| Past Heartaches
14| 150 Years Later
15| Revelations
16| Mending The Broken Heart
17| Better Love
18| Eclipse
19| Reunion
20| Normal
21| New Friends
22| Accusations
23| Secrets
24| Lacrosse
25| Kaleb
26| Motives

11| Ashes

124 8 9
By enticingflaws

FLASHBACK

    I finished running more errands for Emily. She expected our pantry to be stocked with the food on the grocery list she provided before she left for Mystic Falls. Emily said she forgot special herbs for her spells.

    The streets of the French Quarter were empty today, which was out of the ordinary. It was only nine in the evening. There are usually crowds of people."Hello love," a voice with an accent behind me said. I knew it wasn't Kol.

    "Klaus," I said, turning around to face him. He had blood dripping from his mouth. We always seem to meet like this.

    "Seems like Kol has been telling you a lot about our family," he said.

    "Not as much as you may think, all I know is that he has a brother named Klaus and a sister named Rebekah."

    "Mikaelson."

    "Excuse me?" I asked, confused.

    "Our last name is Mikaelson, a name that should be feared," Klaus said. "Are you on vervain?"

    I nodded. I dare not defy this man who holds Kol's life in his hands. I was going to try to cooperate.

   "Then let's take a trip to our compound where you can meet Elijah," he said. Klaus grabbed me by the waist, and before I knew it, I was in front of the gates of their house. When the gates opened, there were two figures sitting down in the chairs beside a fountain.

    "Is that the famous Isadora?" A blonde haired girl asked I assumed she was Rebekah.

    "She won't be famous for long," Klaus said, dragging me up the stairs.

    "Niklaus, I suggest you keep her alive. I have never seen Kol this happy before."

    "Elijah, I did not bring her here to kill her. I am simply going to wait until the vervain is out of her system so I can compel her to forget us. We wouldn't want to attract unwanted attention from our dear father now, would we? I am merely keeping our family safe."

    "What about Kol?" Rebekah asked.

    "Kol will find another girl in the next century. These humans are replaceable," Klaus said. His grip on my arm started to burn; it hurt.

    "You are causing unnecessary problems between us, we need to be united against Mikael," Elijah said.

    "I am doing this for Kol, what if this human dies, we know what comes after that, hundreds of killing sprees, lashing out. I am just speeding up the process, and if Isadora herself refuses to be with Kol, the better."

    "Compulsion is not the solution," Kol appeared at the bottom of the stairs. "Let her go."

    "I will let her go once I erase her memory of the existence of vampires."

    "Niklaus, let the girl go," Elijah interfered.

    "I will kill you if you dare touch her or hurt her," Kol threatened.

    "Then I guess we'll be playing a game of tag," Klaus grinned. Then, he ripped a wooden bar from the railing and stabbed me in the abdomen.

    I imagine it to be slow and painful; a quick death would be merciful. It has been two days, and there was no sign of Kai. He is either sparing my life, or he is plotting a grand plan for my death. I do not know where Kai could possibly hide the journal. All I know is that he couldn't have hidden it outside of Mystic Falls. He couldn't have hidden it far from the cemetery.

    I arrived at the entrance of the cemetery; there was a sign that read Mystic Falls Cemetery. There were footprints under the sign, new ones, footprints that could have been from days ago.  I started digging, I do not know where to start, but if I don't start now, it will get dark soon.

    "If it isn't the backstabber," Kai said. "Or maybe I should call you the front stabber, that hurt like hell Izzy."

    I turned around, "if anyone is the backstabber here it is you. I wouldn't have stabbed you if you did not hide the journal."

       He let out a small chuckle; "oh you mean this one? Yeah, I beat you to it. I knew you would figure out where I hid it sooner or later. It took you longer than I expected." He held a dirty brown worn out book. The pages were all wrinkly.

    "Give it back. It does not belong to you," I stood up from my crouched position.

    "Just because you're related to the owner doesn't mean you automatically own it."

    I stepped forward. "Stay back, or else I'll start ripping the pages," Kai threatened, holding the book further away from me. I obliged, I just wanted a way to connect with my brother.

    "Correct. You could never go wrong with a deal with the devil," he grinned. "I want you dead Isadora. I can't look at you anymore; I can't be in the same town as you, I don't want you stepping on any part of this world. I would rather go back to being alone; it was much more comforting."

    "Comforting? Do you want to go back to being miserable? Do you want to beg God to take your life? Well, you cannot end the suffering, it's an endless loop of torture, but it doesn't have to be that way. I am not trying to bargain for my life. I am trying to help you to realize that being alone is not the solution." 

    He groaned, "you can't seriously think I believe you right? Now that you know your brothers are alive, you're going to wait until you get out of here so you can see them."

   "I have not heard from them in 147 years. This journal is the closest thing to them. I'm losing it, Kai, you cannot see it, but I am slowly crumbling inside. I will soon lose my sanity. If it means I have to die to feel connected with Stefan, to get a glimpse of his life that I missed, I will do it. I will delightedly do it if it means reading Stefan's journal is the last thing I will do."

    My world was spinning when Kai took out a lighter from his pocket and lit the journal on fire. His words, his thoughts, his feelings, his life, gone, turned to ashes.

    I grabbed a fistful of my hair in distress as I fell on the ground. I have never seen snow. I always dreamed of touching the delicate white snowflakes with the tips of my finger. I always dreamed of playing in the snow. I always dreamed of a life outside of this prison world. Although I never dreamed of the debris of the burnt pages of Stefan's journal floating in the air. It was like snow, the wind blew the black ashes towards me, but they soon disappeared. It was a more miserable and tragic version of snowfall.

    "You said you would make a deal," I said, burying my face in my hands.

    "We never shook on it, and I changed my mind."

    "I hate you, and I don't usually use the word hate towards someone. But I hate you, Malachai Parker," I spat.

   "I'm absolutely trembling Isadora, just because you used my full name, and claimed that you hate me, doesn't mean I care." He laughed to himself. Some people never change.

    "You don't have to hide behind the facade you put up to scare people away from caring for you," I said.

    "Don't act like we're friends, I would be embarrassed of being associated with a naive bitch."

    "If you hate me so much, then kill me," I said, looking him in the eyes. "I dare you."

a/n I'm back from my two-week hiatus!! Which means I'll be back to updating Isadora every Sunday. I'll most likely take more hiatuses in the future.

How do you guys feel about Klaus stabbing Isadora? What do you think will happen after that? Also, do you think Kai will kill or at least hurt Isadora?

Don't forget to comment and vote, have a great week!

I realized I haven't put much Kol (Nathaniel Buzolic) GIFS, so here's one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

859K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
108K 5.5K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
452K 16.1K 94
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC