Flawed Pretense

Par fragmentary

Meet Emily Russell. She's sarcastic, smart, gorgeous and friendly. Meet her best friend Chris Dells. Sh... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Epilogue
A/N
Fun Facts!

Chapter 1

390 25 19
Par fragmentary

**Emily's POV**

    "No! I will not take my pants off for you!" screamed my best friend from across the room. I rolled my eyes thinking, Why am I friends with her again?

    "Chris! Please stop saying that! It's so embarrassing!" I yelled.

    "Oh please, you think I'm a freakin' comedian. Plus, you love me," Chris winked back at me while walking over to me, or should I say skipping. She completely left Tommy whom I assume she had said that embarrassing statement to.

      Tommy had been one of our friends for awhile now. He was a nice boy who we met at the start of our freshman year. He was strictly our friend though, nothing more. I knew for sure that Chris and I thought of him as a brother, and he thought of us as his own sisters. 

       I kind of felt bad for Tommy, I mean he had to put up with us everyday. We were not an easy duo that's for sure. Good thing he loved us. 

    "Well that, I cannot argue with you. Well, the part where I love you. I don't know about the comedian part though," I teased.

    "Stop denying it, you think I'm the most hilarious person that ever graced themselves on to this earth. Anyways, let's get going, remember we have to pick up Sarah before we go to practice," Chris reminded me.

    We soon stepped out of English class once it ended and head over to my cherry red 2010 Camaro. It was my baby. Absolutely no one was allowed to eat, drink or drive in this car but me. I had wanted this car my whole life, and I finally got this as a seventeenth birthday present from my parents.

    Chris and I hopped in, and I drove over to the elementary school. I cruised around till I found the student pick-up to get my little sister. She was standing in line where the other students were waiting to be picked up. I pulled up and waved my hand so she knew it was me. Her eyes instantly lit up when she saw me and bounced her way over to my car and got inside.

    "Hey Sarah. How was school today?" I asked.

    "Hi! It was fun! We got to make popcorn necklaces today! And, I might have snuck some to eat... but just so you know like the whole class did it! So I wasn't the only one!" Sarah tried to cover up.

    I chuckled, "Don't worry I'm not mad, Sarah. I'm sure your teacher figured it would happen with a room full of third graders." She was just too cute.

    "Okay good! I didn't want you to be mad at me Emmie! Oh hi Chrissy! I didn't see you there at first!" Sarah said excitedly.

    "Hi Cutie Pie, how are you?" Chris asked.

    Sarah giggled, "I'm not cute! I'm amazingly cute and adorable just so you know."

    "Hm, I wonder where you learned that from?" Chris leered my way.

    We stopped at a red light and I put my hands up in surrender, "Hey don't look at me! Blame Matt for that!"

Chris just gave me a 'Who are you fooling' look.

    "Okay okay, yes maybe I am a little at fault here. But you should know, it's more Matt than me," I admitted sheepishly. Chris just laughed at my expression.

    The light turned green, and I stepped on the gas heading back towards East Oliver High. I turned on the radio, and Chris and I sang along to “Arms.”

I never thought that you would be the one to hold my heart

But you came around and you knocked me off the ground from the start

You put your arms around me

And I believe that its easier for you to let me go

You put your arms around me and I'm home

How many times will you let me change my mind and turn around?

I can't decide if I'll let you save my life or if I'll drown

I hope that you see right through my walls

I hope that you catch me 'cause I'm already falling

I'll never let our love get so close

You put your arms around me and I'm home.

    I had to end the song by shutting off the car to head into the school.

    "Hey Chris can you grab my bag from the back too?" She nodded her head yes. I smiled back as a thank you.

    I got out of the car to go get Sarah from the backseat. I held out my hand to her, and she happily accepted it. Chris handed me my bag while holding her own. We were heading towards the gym when a sleek silver 2005 Mustang Convertible pulled into a parking space. My jaw dropped open in awe. That’s the car I would’ve wanted if I didn't get my Camaro. I thought I might have a bit of drool. But what made my eyes really pop out of my head was the boy driving the car.

    He was one word, gorgeous. I had never seen someone so handsome before. I shot a look over to Chris, but she was too busy drooling over the boy, too. I brought my eyes back to the mysterious boy.

He had dark chocolate brown hair, cut pretty short unlike mine, but not too short like a buzz cut. It only made me want to run my hands through it to feel its silkiness. He was incredibly tall probably around 6'3 which compared to my 5'3 in height, he was practically a giant.

From what I could see, he had a fair amount of muscles. Well, maybe a little bit more than fair amount. I could tell he worked out regularly by the way the muscles in his arms had strained when he turned the car to park. Although his eyes were shielded by his Aviators, I had a feeling his eyes would throw me off guard even more than I was in this moment.

    The music was blasting some song by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis; I thought it was called “Can't Hold Us.” The song abruptly stopped along with the car, and the boy opened the door and stepped out. He took off his sunglasses and rested them on top of his head. Just as I suspected, his eyes were a beautiful steel gray color. I had never seen an eye color like this before. It was as if the gray was glowing. Inside the gray iris, there was a silver and white ring just around the pupil. I fought back a laugh as I thought how well his car seems to fit him.

    As if he felt a few stares on him, he turned around and looked directly at us. He immediately locked his eyes with mine and flashed me a smirk. That smirk purely meant trouble. He had a look on his face like he knew what I had been thinking earlier, and I had to slightly blush at the thought. But right when I thought he would come over and start a conversation, he gave me another mischievous grin and flipped me off. The unknown boy quickly stalked off towards the main doors of the school.

    I was too shocked to do anything. I even forgot about my eight year old sister standing beside me holding my hand. I looked over at Chris again, and she almost had the same dumbfounded expression as me.

    She quickly shook herself out of it and said aloud, "Who the hell was that?" voicing my exact thoughts.

I was not really registering that my little sister had just witnessed the middle finger, and my best friend swearing. I just had one thought running through my mind.

    Who the hell was that?

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

A/N: So, first chapter! I know, it’s short, but I promise I will have longer chapters to come. I apologize if there are any grammatical or spelling errors, if there are, feel free to comment, and I will fix it as quickly as I can. Also, I do not own any song I reference to. All copyright belongs to whoever wrote it and sang it, I just include some music that I enjoy listening to and want to share it.

    So... Who's this mystery guy?

    Why'd he flip them off do you think?

    What's his story?

    What sport do you think the girls play?

    Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed it! :) Comment/Vote/Share!

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

51 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...
Sentiments Par Marauder Queen

Roman pour Adolescents

2.1K 538 27
All Grace Christopher wanted was to be normal. To feel again. She doesn't quite remember how it happened. One day she was your typical girl- popular...
521 14 17
A teen fiction romance novel with a twist. Read to see what happens when fate brings these two total opposites together. Sophie Maxwell, the girl t...
4.2M 81.6K 28
Sophie's parents have shipped her off to a boarding school in Spain that can provide a better education for her. Now, after two years, her grades hav...